Berra on 'Lazy' comments.

Cat Stevens

Cat Stevens

http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/54303/Csaba-is-cracking-the-whip

QUESTIONS: Csaba Laszlo

Monday July 28,2008

By Ewan Smith CHRISTOPHE BERRA admits Csaba Laszlo is right to question the work ethic of his players ? and insists the hardline Hearts boss has already whipped his squad into shape.

Laszlo hit out at his squad claiming certain players were ?lazy? and did not deserve their big salaries following last season?s disappointing eighth-placed finish.

And while Laszlo?s strong words will have made waves in the Hearts dressing room, skipper Berra believes the Romanian coach will have the Tynecastle side in fine shape for the new season after their 10-day tour of Germany.

Berra said: ?We?ve been here for a week and the manager has stressed a lot of things to us in that time.

?He has gained our respect right away. He?s a hard man, he tells us what he wants and if we don?t do it he will tell us again until we do it properly.

?We need to be together as a team because that, coupled with hard work, is the only way we are going to be successful. If we follow the manager?s way and do things for him I know we?ll be successful.

?He wants us to come to training and work hard. He has stressed to us since he came that we?re in a profession, a nine-to-five job and we must always remember that.

?We have triple training sessions now and that?s right. We should come to the training ground every day wanting to improve as a player and be the best as we can.

?As long as we put the hard graft in we will be successful. But the manager has also warned us that if people don?t pull their weight he will sort them out.

?It?s common knowledge we have been lacking that sort of discipline over the last season or even the last couple of seasons. Not any more.?

Berra is sure he?ll play a huge role in the new term for Hearts, despite continued interest from English Championship side Wolves.

Wolves had a ?1million bid rejected by Hearts last month and continue to monitor a player who has grown into a full international and club captain in the last year.

But while Berra has vowed to stay at Hearts, he insists he needs more vocal backing from his team-mates.

Berra added: ?The manager stressed that we don?t have enough leaders on the pitch. We have two or three but he wants nine, 10 or even 11 on the pitch. He wants us all to be more vocal.

?There had been a lot of speculation that clubs were interested in me in the summer but as soon as I met the new manager I was very happy and I am looking forward to the start of the season.

?I hope we can do well and I believe we will.?

Berra is maturing into the role of captain by the looks of things

Hopefully all the fans on JKB that were happy to drive Berra to Wolves will back him this season!

Rudolf's Mate
He's finally actually sounding like a captain.

Took the words right out of my mouth! Maybe Shabba will be the person to bring out the potential in Berra and maybe even a few others.

The guy certainly talks the talk.

The Old Tolbooth
He's finally actually sounding like a captain.

Totally agree, it's the first time I've heard him actually talking like a captain as well, credit where it's due.

ToadKiller Dog
Totally agree, it's the first time I've heard him actually talking like a captain as well, credit where it's due.

2nd time for me ;)

Its a goods sign maybe shows he has been given his wings as captain and is starting to get respect for his position from his team mates which i am not sure he has had,another tick to Csaba.

Guest JamboRobbo
Berra is maturing into the role of captain by the looks of things

Hopefully all the fans on JKB that were happy to drive Berra to Wolves will back him this season!

I think Berra has had the chance to move, and has chosen to stay and work to improve things at HMFC. Csaba deserves a lot of credit for convincing Berra that HMFC is not a lost cause, and Berra has shown his commitment to HMFC by his choice to stay when it might have been easier to move on, and Berra deserves backing from the fans in return IMO.

colinmaroon
I think Berra has had the chance to move, and has chosen to stay and work to improve things at HMFC. Csaba deserves a lot of credit for convincing Berra that HMFC is not a lost cause, and Berra has shown his commitment to HMFC by his choice to stay when it might have been easier to move on, and Berra deserves backing from the fans in return IMO.

1,000,000% agreed!

Pity it took a new manager to say what most fans were saying for months.

Oh yes ....Frail was a great guy.

I remain to be convinced of Berra as a Cpt but credit where it's due. I hope he makes me look a fool for thinking like this over the season.

As for Shabba's comments, good on him for being so blunt. I only hope that if he loses patience with any said imposter, that he is given leeway to remove them. This would be real progress for me.

Agreed, and i would hope any player chosen to play has the full backing of the fans during the games.

I remain to be convinced of Berra as a Cpt but credit where it's due. I hope he makes me look a fool for thinking like this over the season.

As for Shabba's comments, good on him for being so blunt. I only hope that if he loses patience with any said imposter, that he is given leeway to remove them. This would be real progress for me.[/QUOTE]

Spot on, mess with Csaba and you will join the dole queue!!!!

Happy to here the comments of both Csaba and Berra!!

Guest JamboRobbo
Agreed, and i would hope any player chosen to play has the full backing of the fans during the games.

The only players I ever see getting stick are the ones who play rubbish, don't even appear to care (e.g putting in 100%) , but continue to get picked week after week regardless. I think criticism is justified in those cases.

Pity it took a new manager to say what most fans were saying for months.

Oh yes ....Frail was a great guy.

I know football fans are fickle, but really short term memories dominate far too often on this board

Frail is responsible for nothing other being the final scapegoat in a 30 months period of decline and malaise

Players have been indisciplined and thinking they are bigger than the control systems in place since Valdas was around. Janny was the first to fall off the discipline work ethic waggon

Frail was part of that, but only the last quarter - and he improved our league position

Cervenkov was the major problem last season - we should be more worried at his continuing involvement than regaling over Frail's departure

marshallschunkychicken

Good response from Christophe.

Hopefully the attitude filters down to those not giving a toss.

Csaba deserves a lot of credit for convincing Berra that HMFC is not a lost cause.

But the question is, can he convince you JR, ;)

The only players I ever see getting stick are the ones who play rubbish, don't even appear to care (e.g putting in 100%) , but continue to get picked week after week regardless. I think criticism is justified in those cases.

Are you referring to Neilson and Berra , who apart from injury/suspension tight rope near the end of the season, they were the only 2 players from last season who you could say were picked week after week.

I prefer to get behind the players chosen wether they are my fav's or not, rather than get on their back throughout the game. I'll quite happily debate the merits of that selection in the pub/on the way home/ or on JKB after the game.

Are you referring to Neilson and Berra , who apart from injury/suspension tight rope near the end of the season, they were the only 2 players from last season who you could say were picked week after week.

I prefer to get behind the players chosen wether they are my fav's or not, rather than get on their back throughout the game. I'll quite happily debate the merits of that selection in the pub/on the way home/ or on JKB after the game.

But they are Scottish, this rule only applies to non Scottish players.

Guest JamboRobbo

I'm not gonna name names here I think we all know who the imposters are and there is little to be gained by going over it again.

Judging by his recent comments, it seems Csaba is well aware we currently have a number of imposters at our club.

I look forward to their departure. It's already been shown that Berra will not be one of those that departs, and I'm sure the same will happen with Neilson. Which shows what Csaba thinks of them.....

Same here. giving them stick on here, does not mean I boo them at a game and I hope that is not what you are implying.

Guest JamboRobbo
But the question is, can he convince you JR, ;)

he can, by following up his words with actions. Currently, his words are getting a bit concerning (e.g. keeping Angel, wanting to look at Kaunus players ).

I know football fans are fickle, but really short term memories dominate far too often on this board

Frail is responsible for nothing other being the final scapegoat in a 30 months period of decline and malaise

Players have been indisciplined and thinking they are bigger than the control systems in place since Valdas was around. Janny was the first to fall off the discipline work ethic waggon

Frail was part of that, but only the last quarter - and he improved our league position

Cervenkov was the major problem last season - we should be more worried at his continuing involvement than regaling over Frail's departure

Spot on bud.

Frail had a lot on his plate without having the extra worry of an over-inflated squad, much of which had a stinking attitude.

He done his best, and I thank him for dragging us up the table, to what was a semi-respectable finish, compared to 11th!!

People who have a go at Frail, Neilson etc etc are missing the big picture

I'm not gonna name names here I think we all know who the imposters are and there is little to be gained by going over it again. I was not the one who tried to justify their arguement by saying they are picked week after week.

Same here. giving them stick on here, does not mean I boo them at a game and I hope that is not what you are implying. Not at all, just gave my preferred option as oppossed to the booing of players by some(which you justified).

aye, whatever. two posts and I remember why I avoid speaking to you at all costs. (i, because i pick out the inaccuracies in your posts. ;))

Week in week out were your words, used imo to boost your arguement.

So tell us who these players were or stop greeting.

Guest JamboRobbo
Week in week out were your words, used imo to boost your arguement.

So tell us who these players were or stop greeting.

no, because you twist things around, and argue over semantics, rather than debating the actual issue.

There were a load of muppets who played various games last year that shouldn't have. It would appear Csaba intends to sort that issue. I hope he does.

The rest, is just you starting a fight in an empty house over semantics. I've nothing further to say to you.

JR great to see that you are living up to your new signature and being 100% positive at last. Long may it continue !!!!

Guest JamboRobbo
JR great to see that you are living up to your new signature and being 100% positive at last. Long may it continue !!!!

Praise where due, criticism where due mate. thats always my motto. In this instance, they deserve praise IMO. Next time they deserve stick, I'll still give them stick though. :)

This season is time for Berra to step up to the plate and prove his worth as a captain IMO.

It appears he's making the right noises - we just need to hope that he acts on this and goes on to be the leader his boss is looking for.

no, because you twist things around how can i twist a quote you made, and argue over semantics, rather than debating the actual issue. You are an expert at trying to put your point across with 'juiced up' words, then when queried on it you have a go at the poster. PS you were the one who brought players who are picked week in week out into the debate, hence the reason i talked about it.

Please for the benifit of others let us know which parts of your post we can and cannot debate.

There were a load of muppets who played various games last year that shouldn't have Correct. It would appear Csaba intends to sort that issue. I hope he does. Snap

Dagger Is Back

I am finding this all very encouraging. Let's hope that when we get the new season kicked off it continues and shows itself in terms of results and performances.

However, the more you hear, the more you think 'WTF was going on in recent years and why the **** didn't someone get it sorted'

I am finding this all very encouraging. Let's hope that when we get the new season kicked off it continues and shows itself in terms of results and performances.

However, the more you hear, the more you think 'WTF was going on in recent years and why the **** didn't someone get it sorted'

It does rather prove what a healthy number of people were denying (a handful were even backing it as the way ahead) - that we were a shambles, that the players were demotivated without guidance and leadership, we were tactically poor and were on a largely avoidable decline

Guest JamboRobbo

So like I said - we agree on the essence of the point, and you're starting an argument in an empty house over semantics (e.g. whether they actually played two weeks in a row, or maybe played one week then out then in again the next week). The essence of the point is the same. We agree **** players played more often than they should have last year.

We both hope that this year

Play **** -> don't keep playing.

Play well -> keep playing.

We both hope that this year

Play **** -> don't keep playing.

Play well -> keep playing.

You will hear no arguement from me on that.

Archived