Are Csaba's statements a publicity gimic to sell season tickets

livi

As it says do you think that all these statements are just to make the fans think he is the one to turn things around and try to boost the season ticket sales.

I don't know but thought it is worth a debate.

In such a short time he has been here he has said so many things. This latest one about players being "lazy" didn't qualify what part of their game (whoever they are) makes them lazy.

Is it because they don't train properly, is it during a game that they are lazy, is it because they don't come back after training to practice set pieces for example or is it just their attitude in general.

The last one is probably included in all the other ones listed therefore if it is their general attitude then they should be punted.

I think he should have been asked by the press what part of them is lazy.

Some posts have said Michael Stewart must be included in this category but for all his shortcomings being lazy on the park is certainly not one of them.

As I said it might just be a publicity stunt to get season tickets sold as no other manager has mentioned this especially so soon after joining. :confused:

Dr. Bapswent
As it says do you think that all these statements are just to make the fans think he is the one to turn things around and try to boost the season ticket sales.

In such a short time he has been here he has said so many things. This latest one about players being "lazy" didn't qualify what part of their game (whoever they are) makes them lazy.

Is it because they don't train properly, is it during a game that they are lazy, is it because they don't come back after training to practice set pieces for example or is it just their attitude in general.

The last one is probably included in all the other ones listed therefore if it is their general attitude then they should be punted.

Some posts have said Michael Stewart must be included in this category but for all his shortcomings being lazy on the park is certainly not one of them.

As I said it might just be a publicity stunt to get season tickets sold as no other manager has mentioned this especially so soon after joining. :confused:

Who's first....roll up roll up....

At least the man is right in what he says as some of the players do need a boot up the behind!!

I can understand Livi. Major paranoia will remain amongst the Hearts support until we see the ship being steadied over the long term and Vlad keeps his nose out.

There is much psychological damage been done to the support which has to be rectified.

A manager having a go at some players to sell season tickets? Nah don't think so.

Why not ? He is only saying what most of us have been saying for a long time. Csaba talks a good game of that there is no doubt.

Gigolo-Aunt
Why not ? He is only saying what most of us have been saying for a long time. Csaba talks a good game of that there is no doubt.

What he is saying is off his own back. Cant see Hearts PR asking him to lay in to the attitude of some players to sell season tickets.

The cynic will be loving all the conspiracy theories like this.

But supporting a football team throws all of that out the window.

I'm just looking forward to next season.

Then...........

What he is saying is off his own back. Cant see Hearts PR asking him to lay in to the attitude of some players to sell season tickets.

Nor can I but what he is saying is what most of us think and agree with was my point. I don't actually believe he is being told to say these things but what he is saying could well convince some fans to renew. ;)

I agree 100% with what he has had to say.

Just don't think he has said it just so we can sell some more season tickets.

I agree 100% with what he has had to say.

Just don't think he has said it just so we can sell some more season tickets.

See my post above i agree. However it may result in some people renewing.

colinmaroon

Hi Michael!!!

How are you getting on with the new boss?

Just can't see the fact that he has made a statement about our player's being lazy getting fan's to renew season ticket's.

Fair enough he has come out with a lot of what we want to hear,but i don't think it's to get more ticket's sold.

ToadKiller Dog

Have watched his interviews his body language speaks of confidence in himself and with a love of the game,can see no reason why he would put himself up as a puppet Anyway when you get a job you will find if in a managment role,if you dont show your authority you wont get much respect from your staff or your customers and wont be there long.

So far csaba has laid down his plans ,i am happy with them and he has my full backing as a supporter.

I see no reason why he would just be a mouthpeice for vlad.

Paisley Jambo

His comments are positive to the supporters ears. I would rather at the time have had a Scottish manager appointed but given what he has said about certain players my opinion has altered towards him.

Don't feel it is a gimmick to sell tickets.

Only a Game

His appointment didnt exactly start a rush to the ticket office and I'd say the people who have held out this long are not going to be convinced when he utters a few well placed, but ultimately meaningless words.

The words need to be followed up with visible positive actions concerning what he has correctly identified as being one of the main problems. i.e that we need 2 or 3 players amongst other things.

If those 2 or 3 players happen to be of the rocking Scottish football variety then you might get a rush at the ticket office. I dont expect to be rocked this week though and he'll have to get the results on the park with basically the squad we have with a couple of (probably lukewarm)additions before he'll get back any significant proportion of the missing 3,500.

hearts_crazy

I thought i'd seen every possible conspiracy theory on Kickback but this one takes the cake.

Seriously what is it with you guys? Why can't you just for once take what the guy says at face value? Why does there always have to be a conspiracy?

I mean feck me, the guy says what we've wanted Shaggy to be saying for the last season or so and instantly it's all a publicity stunt. What would it be if he'd just come in and started spewing the pesh as Shaggy? Seems you can't win whatever you say these days.

shaun.lawson

Answer: no, they are not. Instead, they are part of a brilliantly constructed campaign by Csaba to try and persuade Vlad to give him what he and we all want, while simultaneously making Vlad think that it's all about doing things his way. If Csaba wasn't a football manager, I think he'd make an excellent politician - and if his strategy works, the whole club will reap the rewards.

Answer: no, they are not. Instead, they are part of a brilliantly constructed campaign by Csaba to try and persuade Vlad to give him what he and we all want, while simultaneously making Vlad think that it's all about doing things his way. If Csaba wasn't a football manager, I think he'd make an excellent politician - and if his strategy works, the whole club will reap the rewards.

Shaun are you seriously suggesting that Csaba and the majority of jkb are smart enough to work that out but VR isn't ?

Sorry but i think Csaba is just doing his job the problem is we have missed these sort of normal things for so long now we regard it as something different. :confused:

No its not a gimic its what we have all been saying for the last 2 seasons.

Hopefully this is the wake up call VR needed.

The only way st's will go back up is if the product on the park improves and Csaba is left to get on with it!!

Guest JamboRobbo
Shaun are you seriously suggesting that Csaba and the majority of jkb are smart enough to work that out but VR isn't ?

Judging by Vlads actions over the past couple of years, then yes.

shaun.lawson

Sorry but i think Csaba is just doing his job the problem is we have missed these sort of normal things for so long now we regard it as something different. :confused:

Yes, I am. You heard what Vlad thinks a few weeks ago: he blames Frail and the Scottish mafia. :wacko: What's brilliant about what Csaba seems to be doing is he's stroking his boss' monumental ego while effectively demanding he changes tack - but with luck, all Vlad'll see is his new manager praising the money he's put in, and telling him he deserves better, so will give CL exactly what he wants!

For example: remember when, towards the end of his time here, JJ complained endlessly about having to sell players and cut the wage bill, even though all Pieman was trying to do was, just for once, balance the books? JJ had to go because he wasn't on the same page as Robinson at all, and was very unhappy at what was going on. Indeed, most managers hate having to sell players - because normally, if they're on big wages, they're probably very talented.

But in Csaba's case, he's making a virtue out of a necessity: he actually wants to remove the squad of all its fat and gristle, and is saying to Vlad "I'll get you in much hungrier, cheaper players who'll do you and this club proud, and save you a packet - as long as you let me decide who they are". I think it's brilliant - and could just work too.

Yes, I am. You heard what Vlad thinks a few weeks ago: he blames Frail and the Scottish mafia. :wacko: What's brilliant about what Csaba seems to be doing is he's stroking his boss' monumental ego while effectively demanding he changes tack - but with luck, all Vlad'll see is his new manager praising the money he's put in, and telling him he deserves better, so will give CL exactly what he wants!

For example: remember when, towards the end of his time here, JJ complained endlessly about having to sell players and cut the wage bill, even though all Pieman was trying to do was, just for once, balance the books? JJ had to go because he wasn't on the same page as Robinson at all, and was very unhappy at what was going on. Indeed, most managers hate having to sell players - because normally, if they're on big wages, they're probably very talented.

But in Csaba's case, he's making a virtue out of a necessity: he actually wants to remove the squad of all its fat and gristle, and is saying to Vlad "I'll get you in much hungrier, cheaper players who'll do you and this club proud, and save you a packet - as long as you let me decide who they are". I think it's brilliant - and could just work too.

I think you could be right on this

The bad news is though, I get the feeling Vlad thinks these players are from Kaunus.

Archived