IP address help needed

grumpyjambo

grumpyjambo

How do I reconfigure my IP address from being a static address to one that gets renewed every time I log on?

Jam Tartan is correct.

The question is, what are you up to that would require your IP address to constantly change? ;)

chester copperpot
Jam Tartan is correct.

The question is, what are you up to that would require your IP address to constantly change? ;)

Here's Rixxxxxy. :whistling:

Miller Jambo 60
Here's Rixxxxxy. :whistling:

Good one big man, all set for the new season.:):107years::107years:

chester copperpot
Good one big man, all set for the new season.:):107years::107years:

Drove all the way to Edinburgh yesterday to renew and arrived at 2.05pm, was upset to say the least.

will be close to you in Section N next year Doug.

Everybody loves Baz
Drove all the way to Edinburgh yesterday to renew and arrived at 2.05pm, was upset to say the least.

will be close to you in Section N next year Doug.

You do know you're gonna have to leave the Westfield earlier than usual (that's if you can be bothered moving your erse out at all) if you want to make the kick off!

chester copperpot
You do know you're gonna have to leave the Westfield earlier than usual (that's if you can be bothered moving your erse out at all) if you want to make the kick off!

At least I'll make the pub ya knobjockey.

Everybody loves Baz

I've been in at Tynie recently and i've seen that they've padded the main stand for the new inductees, Those changing from the Wheatfield stand.:hobofish:

portobellojambo1

That's a terrible way to speak to a drinking buddy, ya big ginger poofter.

Everybody loves Baz
That's a terrible way to speak to a drinking buddy, ya big ginger poofter.

Ian, feck him, i was looking forward to buying the BGP (big ginga poofta:)) a drink on Friday Night now i'll just be buying Yvonne a drink instead.;)

chester copperpot
Ian, feck him, i was looking forward to buying the BGP (big ginga poofta:)) a drink on Friday Night now i'll just be buying Yvonne a drink instead.;)

Well one of us will be driving on Friday night friend, and it wont be me, so you'll need to get her a soft drink. ;)

Be in touch about meeting you beforehand mate. Looking forward and getting nervous about meeting Buffalo Bill in person.

Everybody loves Baz
Well one of us will be driving on Friday night friend, and it wont be me, so you'll need to get her a soft drink. ;)

Be in touch about meeting you beforehand mate. Looking forward and getting nervous about meeting Buffalo Bill in person.

Now i've managed to drink about 3/4 of a bottle Cockburns port tonight plus add to the fact i'm a bit slow at the best of times but the highlighted bit's a **** take , right??

Lack of smilies.

P.s Lorraine's driving too.

PPs wtf is an ip address anyway?? sorry to the OP for thread highjacking.

portobellojambo1
Now i've managed to drink about 3/4 of a bottle Cockburns port tonight plus add to the fact i'm a bit slow at the best of times but the highlighted bit's a **** take , right??

Lack of smilies.

P.s Lorraine's driving too.

PPs wtf is an ip address anyway?? sorry to the OP for thread highjacking.

You and I would know it as a urinal, people from Morningside refer to it as their IP Address.

See you on Friday, or so it would seem.

Everybody loves Baz
You and I would know it as a urinal, people from Morningside refer to it as their IP Address.

See you on Friday, or so it would seem.

Looking forward to it Ian.

grumpyjambo
Jam Tartan is correct.

THe O2 ISP does not like static IP addresses

THe O2 ISP does not like static IP addresses

I never said that they didn't. I confirmed what Jam Tartan said, in that the ISP makes the decision.

I'm not aware of O2's practices, but if they offer an alternative IP address every time you log on... that would seem to abide by your request.

I never said that they didn't. I confirmed what Jam Tartan said, in that the ISP makes the decision.

I'm not aware of O2's practices, but if they offer an alternative IP address every time you log on... that would seem to abide by your request.

If you need a static address but your ISP allocates your IP address dynamically here's a way around it.

:crash2:

This service matches your dynamic address to a domain name ... whenever your IP address changes your router updates this service to let it know .... you can then use this domain name to refer to your PC all the time.

http://www.dyndns.com/services/dns/dyndns/

How do I reconfigure my IP address from being a static address to one that gets renewed every time I log on?

In Windows XP open up Start, Settings, Network Connections.

Right-click on your Internet Connection icon and click on Properties.

Click on the Networking Tab and select Internet Protocol ( TCP/IP ) at the top of the list.

Click the Properties button.

Select the radio Button "Obtain an IP address automatically".

You probably want the ame setting for the DNS Server address.

Click OK then OK again.

Don't do this unless you know that your ISP issues automatic IP addresses other wise you won't get connected.

An automatiic IP address is "leased" to your PC by your ISP for a period of time usually a number of hours but could be a number of days, depends on the ISP.

In practice you'll probably keep the same IP address most of the time since if you log off/on before the lease has expired then the lease is renewed.

This ISN'T a way of avoiding any tracking of your usage.

your ISP decides that, not you.

but surely when u restart your router it changes your ip, well it does on mine.

Archived