In flight movies

Therapist

Right, I'm off to Asia today. The in-flight entertainment, apart from the food and bevvy, is rotten (even in Club World ;)) so I've just grabbed four Laurel & Hardy dvds to keep me amused.

This got me thinking, if you had to pick one DVD for a flight what would it be and why?

jackjambo22
Right, I'm off to Asia today. The in-flight entertainment, apart from the food and bevvy, is rotten (even in Club World ;)) so I've just grabbed four Laurel & Hardy dvds to keep me amused.

This got me thinking, if you had to pick one DVD for a flight what would it be and why?

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0071110/

:)

How about one of the "Airport" movies or "Flight of the Phoenix"? :P

On a flight back from Toronto a few years back the plane was caught up in the tail end of a hurricane and was being battered about a bit,the first in flight movie was about to start,great i thought this will take my mind off the turbulence, WRONG the movie they put on was TWISTER.

On a flight back from Toronto a few years back the plane was caught up in the tail end of a hurricane and was being battered about a bit,the first in flight movie was about to start,great i thought this will take my mind off the turbulence, WRONG the movie they put on was TWISTER.

Snap, had the same on a flight back from Florida years ago, battered about stupid with turbulence, no food or drinks could be served as the seatbelt sign did not go off for the duration of the flight and the first film we got to watch was Twister.

Buffalo Bill
Alive - as it would scare the shizzle out of me and everyone else on board .....

At least in 'Alive', they eventually got to eat!

Buffalo Bill

Only a Game

United 93

shaun.lawson

Club World is class. I've only had one experience of it - when returning from doing some research in Ann Arbor, Michigan a while back. Beforehand, I'd had no idea at all that flying could actually be enjoyable, and the food even half decent! What most intrigued me, though, was the way the cabin crew seemed to be treating me as though I was somebody, and clearly assumed I must be rich: even though I'd simply got to the airport early and been handed a free upgrade! A fascinating insight into how the other half lives.

As for a DVD - hmm... 2001: A Space Odyssey - because it's long, therapeutic, and I adore the soundtrack.

Shaun. if it was "a while back" you probably got the cradle seats. It's much better now with the lie-flat beds. Perfect for when the post-meal port kicks in......;)

jackjambo22
Shaun. if it was "a while back" you probably got the cradle seats. It's much better now with the lie-flat beds. Perfect for when the post-meal port kicks in......;)

And a safer place to crack one off :P

shaun.lawson

Git. :) And to think of the carbon footprint that plane'll leave too. :sad:

;)

And a safer place to crack one off :P

I get one of the cabin crew girls to do that for me. That's service. ;) I should point out that they don't have private cabins like they do in Singapore Airlines A380 first class, so I have to wait until everyone's sleeping. Still, anticipation is part of the fun....

Shaun, re my carbon footprint, I'd love Scotland to be warmer so couldn't give a toss*.

* No pun intended. :)

I have done alot of travelling and usually find there is something to watch courtesy of the in flight entertainment.

what part of asia are you going to?

Miller Jambo 60
I have done alot of travelling and usually find there is something to watch courtesy of the in flight entertainment.

what part of asia are you going to?

You fly you die watch sky AIR CRASH .

LUV IT we are pawns to big airlines.

never been scared of flying, been on many flights and I'm still here.

How'd you mean 'pawns to big airlines'?

Bugger!

I've cheated death about 20 times this year.

My luck must be running out.

Ryan Gosling
never been scared of flying, been on many flights and I'm still here.

How'd you mean 'pawns to big airlines'?

He's a mentally disturbed drunk.

He's a mentally disturbed drunk.

I did think it was a bit incoherent. I was slightly confused

Chad Sexington

Hang on.

I'm confused.

You've been posting every day on here but you're meant to be in Asia??? :confused:

Surely we don't have another Irvine Jambo scenario on our hands? :P

In which case, may I suggest the movie Liar Liar? :rolleyes:

Hang on.

I'm confused.

You've been posting every day on here but you're meant to be in Asia??? :confused:

Believe it or not, but the interweb has reached Asia.

Chad Sexington
Believe it or not, but the interweb has reached Asia.

Never.

Thanks for that.

:rolleyes:

Never.

Thanks for that.

:rolleyes:

No bother. I hate to see that people are confused.

Hang on.

I'm confused.

Oh dear. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Does anyone else read every Doug post like it's Mark E. Smith singing a Fall song?

Bomber Harris
Hang on.

I'm confused.

I believe the internet has reached Hong Kong

Archived