Neil McCann

DB-14

Went to Falkirk versus QPR today just for a wee look at their new side and they played some really good football but FFS...

Neil McCann stole the show he was absolutely brilliant, setting up both goals and playing some first class passes. Falkirk as a team look very good and must say I am impressed with Darren Barr also.

Gigolo-Aunt

Never happened for Terry second time round. That injury at Rugby Park was a huge set back which he never recovered from.

Wish him all the best, but obviously not against us.

I must admit I never ever thought McCann would recover after that day and he didn't for us but today he was first class.

QPR though were distinctly average and I expected them to be a very good side challenging for promotion in the Championship but based on today it looks unlikely but its only pre-season I suppose. :)

I must admit I never ever thought McCann would recover after that day and he didn't for us but today he was first class.

QPR though were distinctly average and I expected them to be a very good side challenging for promotion in the Championship but based on today it looks unlikely but its only pre-season I suppose. :)

QPR are pretty much 6/1 favs with most bookies for the Championship due to the money behind them these days. Not looking worth including in my league winning accumulator then?

QPR are pretty much 6/1 favs with most bookies for the Championship due to the money behind them these days. Not looking worth including in my league winning accumulator then?

Due to their owners, I'm sure QPR are now technically, the richest club in the world.

jackjambo22
Went to Falkirk versus QPR today just for a wee look at their new side and they played some really good football but FFS...

Neil McCann stole the show he was absolutely brilliant, setting up both goals and playing some first class passes. Falkirk as a team look very good and must say I am impressed with Darren Barr also.

Prefer to watch Hearts ;)

south morocco

I think falkirk will be up there this season ,hughes has done a great job for them,and they've made some shrewd signings on top of the exsisting squad

merseyjambo

I can understand why QPR are favourites but can't see them winning with that hoofball merchant Dowie in charge. Another Brian Robson & Graeme Souness

Ibrahim Tall

Tbh, QPR despite cash behind them have barely bought anyone of note. Think they'll struggle to even get the play-offs.

Glad to hear that Neil McCann had a good game - however - he's lost that yard in pace that made him oh so deadly. I'm sure that he'll do a job for Falkirk next season, but his best days are now well behind him.

Guest juvehearts

Hearts played last night btw

im sorry i dont give a flying about terry anymore, he leaves us with all our best wishes thats it.

falkirk are a 1st division club, not in our league.

we were **** last season, when it comes to the crunch hearts should always beat them,

were top 6 theyre bottom 6.

different league

Gigolo-Aunt

im sorry i dont give a flying about terry anymore, he leaves us with all our best wishes thats it.

we were **** last season, when it comes to the crunch hearts should always beat them,

different league

Thanks for that.

different league

Remind me where boths clubs finished respectively last season?

chester copperpot

Good on McCann. He never quite did it second time at Hearts, but he took a paycut to come here, was from far a wage thief, unlucky with injuries, hope he does well for the next couple of seasons, except against us.

Good on McCann. He never quite did it second time at Hearts, but he took a paycut to come here, was from far a wage thief, unlucky with injuries, hope he does well for the next couple of seasons, except against us.

Agreed. I desperately wanted McCann to do the bizz for us but he was very unlucky. We saw only a few glimpses of his passing ability.

I still think there is a good player in there and wish him all the best at Falkirk.

Ibrahim Tall

different league

A first division club that finished ahead of half the league for the last 2 years?

chester copperpot
Agreed. I desperately wanted McCann to do the bizz for us but he was very unlucky. We saw only a few glimpses of his passing ability.

I still think there is a good player in there and wish him all the best at Falkirk.

Good to see I'm not alone.

I will never ever forget his performance against Rangers in that league cup final. Sold me for life on the wee guy.

Yes he moved to Rangers, but he ripped them up all day long that day. For that he will always have a wee place in the Copperpot heart.

Winston Ingram

Bet he's out injured again by the first week in September.

Just the way it is, I'm afraid.. would be surprised if he has played 10 games in a row at any point in the last 5 years.

Bet he's out injured again by the first week in September.

Just the way it is, I'm afraid.. would be surprised if he has played 10 games in a row at any point in the last 5 years.

Alright mate.

Out after the Well game?

I will never ever forget his performance against Rangers in that league cup final. Sold me for life on the wee guy.

Yes he moved to Rangers, but he ripped them up all day long that day. For that he will always have a wee place in the Copperpot heart.

It was one of those once in a lifetime performances, deserved to take the cup home himself for keeps that day.

For some strange reason, my lasting memory is the goal he scored in the 98 semi final against Falkirk, to seal the win after we had been battered senseless for 90 minutes. Little moments like that, it's why we support the club!

Due to their owners, I'm sure QPR are now technically, the richest club in the world.

yes just hope that they put their money where thier mouths are

chester copperpot
It was one of those once in a lifetime performances, deserved to take the cup home himself for keeps that day.

For some strange reason, my lasting memory is the goal he scored in the 98 semi final against Falkirk, to seal the win after we had been battered senseless for 90 minutes. Little moments like that, it's why we support the club!

Mate for me, Crunchie McAllister was the best performance ever that I've seen against the mighty HMFC that day.

I like Terry but never rated him anyway :P always seemed to be nearly man IMO

Frequent mazy runs/sprints down the wing but more often than not gash cross into the box :cool:

Occasional breaks from wide into the box but more often than not terrible shot :cool:

Good luck to him but not sorry to see him go, waste of time bringing him back IMO in the first place but I cant fault his commitment to HMFC so wish him well.

gorgie rd eh11

Never seen anybody rip up one of the ugly twins teams like wee mcann did that afternoon. For half an hour he skipped past man after man sending in great crosses. Injustice that he was on the losing team.

Good luck to him, part of the 98 team and scored at least a couple of winners against the hibs.

chester copperpot
Never seen anybody rip up one of the ugly twins teams like wee mcann did that afternoon. For half an hour he skipped past man after man sending in great crosses. Injustice that he was on the losing team.

Good luck to him, part of the 98 team and scored at least a couple of winners against the hibs.

I love you, in a purely pluetonic(SP?) kinda way.

Gigolo-Aunt

Pretty sure it was Naysmith who got a roasting from Crunchy that day, he was magnificent.

Good player as well, an old fashioned tanner ball player.

south morocco
Mate for me, Crunchie McAllister was the best performance ever that I've seen against the mighty HMFC that day.

I would agree with that he ripped us up that day ,fortunately neil was faster to put us 3 up, my picture was in the sun on the monday morning when stefan put us one up, that game was certainly dodgy hanks to mcallister, a great wee player

Charlie-Brown

Neil McCann is a very clever footballer and still has good touch and passing unfortunately his pace has deserted him so he now has to play much deeper and more of a midfield postion than the blistering pacy winger he once was - unfortunate / cursed with repeated injuries so fitness is obviously a concern but if he can stay injury free and accept he now plays a much deeper position then he can be a useful midfield player for Falkirk this season and help bring on some of their younger players.

Francis Albert

It was truly magnificent but it wasn't all day long.It was the twenty minutes after half time.

Neil McCann stole the show

Great to hear that. I hope Neil does really well at Falkirk. He is a true Hearts hero who will always be welcome at Tynecastle.

Great to hear that. I hope Neil does really well at Falkirk. He is a true Hearts hero who will always be welcome at Tynecastle.

Agreed.

Gave his all for us, left Hearts with dignity and respect and treated us to more dignity and respect than we required on his first return to Tynecastle with R@ng*rs.

He really wanted to make it work when he came back but it didn't work for him. I will always remember him as the man that loved our club and played fantastically for us first time round.

$ilvery_Moon

Falkirk are my tip for 5th this season above Hibs, Motherwell and Aberdeen. They've signed well, have an ambitious chairman, a good team spirit and are generally very hard to beat. I'm sure Neil will be a big success there.

Tbh, QPR despite cash behind them have barely bought anyone of note. Think they'll struggle to even get the play-offs.

I agree they probably will struggle for the playoffs, but big name, big money signings are not what is needed for success in the CCC. Look at United and James Beattie. Before their late surge up the table they were very much in the relegation battle. I'm very fortunate in being able to watch a lot of CCC football regularly. I know it's a cliche but every team can beat every team on their day in that league. It is the best league to watch in the country at the moment IMO.

You need an injury free season (Bristol City), to play the loan/transfer market well (Stoke/Hull), a good manager (Crystal Palace came out of nowhere when Warnock tookover) and luck. Money helps but it can't build you a good side overnight.

hearts @ heart
Pretty sure it was Naysmith who got a roasting from Crunchy that day, he was magnificent.

Good player as well, an old fashioned tanner ball player.

Was it not Murray.

bttp Neil was a great player first time round. Remember Walter Smiths comments after the game that the Rangers players could not tackle on the right hand side as they had all been booked. DOH! Neil new they could'nt tackle and had a field day. Wonder what he would of said had it been Laudrop. Must of thought he was good cause the Huns bought him and he scored a couple at d'head for the huns to win the league.

Good luck Neil

Falkirk are my tip for 5th this season above Hibs, Motherwell and Aberdeen. They've signed well, have an ambitious chairman, a good team spirit and are generally very hard to beat. I'm sure Neil will be a big success there.

I actually think given a clear run of injuries Falkirk could be chalenging Utd, Well us and the Hobos for 3rd. For me O'Brien is a great signing. He has also added vital experience in McCann, McNamara and Bullen to play alongside some very exciting youngsters like Barr, Arfield and Finnegan.

I know he is a Hobo but I think big Yogi has done a fantastic job for them and really like his honesty and openess when he is being interviewed. Not the most articulate man but speaks with passion and integrity. Think he is a cracking manager.

Archived