HMFC strips -(including our classic 1873-76)

ADAM

londonjambo

On a slightly related note, can anyone confirm whether Hearts played with a shirt sponsor of "Blueways Coaches" for Eamonn Bannon's testimonial game in 1989 against Manchester United instead of our regular shirt sponsor.

Thanks for any info

GC

On a slightly related note, can anyone confirm whether Hearts played with a shirt sponsor of "Blueways Coaches" for Eamonn Bannon's testimonial game in 1989 against Manchester United instead of our regular shirt sponsor.

Thanks for any info

GC

No. See attached pic. featuring a familiar pic of a sad keeper!

bannon testimonial_thumb.JPG

Love the first strip!!! Did anyone check the others teams strips on that sight? Rangers in blue and white hoops in 1870s!

d

I think it stands for Midlothian Foot Ball Club

does any one know where i can buy the 1977-1982 strip? my favourite hearts strip.

maroonlegions

Hearts became the only east coast club to join the Scottish Football League on its formation in 1890, by which time they were the strongest side in the city. They were champions in 1895 and 1897 and won the Scottish FA Cup four times :)between 1891 and 1906, including a 2-1 victory over Hibernian in 1896,:107years: played in Edinburgh, the only time this match has been hosted away from Glasgow.:)

like that bit.:)

Quite cool to see the hobos wore hoops before smeltic did. Not a pro-hibs post, and we all know that the great unwashed weejies' great and proud history is totally not their own!!

I didnt realise they didnt even come up with their own strip tho!! Great!!

the 95-97 strip is the one i like the most, prob because i was at the age of playing football at school and wearing it at pe to **** the hibs fans off.leith academy too :)

Rick Grimes
"including our classic 1873-76".

What strip did we wear between 1873 and 1874? :confused:

the first one there. there's apparently some debate as to whether or not the club first played in 1873, with the first captain stating that he was pretty sure we did.

the first one there. there's apparently some debate as to whether or not the club first played in 1873, with the first captain stating that he was pretty sure we did.

Mind you, he's not around now to cross-examine. :eek:

I think this one was just a copy and paste job, going by the similarities of the kits.

I think ive cracked hibs Scottish cup jinx?! Hibs were the 1st team to wear green and white hoops, however celtic first wore the 'hoops' in 1903 and have kept them ever since. Is this why hibs haven't won the cup?.......nah mabeys it's cause there gash?! :hobofish:

Anyone care to name their personal favourite?

Mine would have to be the Errea (?) effort from 2000-01. Fond memories of Mickey running the show in that top!

Archived