Niculae Rumour Finished.

Walter Bishop

Walter Bishop

Caley thistles Chief exectutive Graeme Bennett,

"It is true a Hearts official asked me about Marius while we were in talks with regards Calum Elliott, But the only SPL clubs i'd have sold to were Celtic and Rangers"

Why?

Drylaw Hearts

I think we'll still get him.

And as for why he would only sell him to the OF :

Because they aren't really rivals to ICT.

Money?

I think what he means is only rangers and celtic would have the financial clout he would be looking for.

While you can understand his thinking, it's the reason our league is so uncompetitive. Most Scottish players want to play for them and most clubs bow down to them. Even the refs have a persuasion one way or the other.

In a nutshell. ICT dont want to sell their players to clubs they see as rivals.... pretty fair comment really.

Dont think it has anything to do with money at all - dont think there's any doubting that a club like hearts would have the financial clout needed to ensure a deal was done.

Money?

I think what he means is only rangers and celtic would have the financial clout he would be looking for.

I disagree.

I think he means the OF are not their true rivals and selling to them would give them no real advantage but the other 9 SPL clubs are their rival and selling them would weaken ICT and give a closer rival an advantage.

I think we'll still get him.

So it's okay for us to give our rivals (ICT) a player?

Actually as it's Elliot then I'll answer this myself.

YES. :)

Drylaw Hearts

:)

In a nutshell. ICT dont want to sell their players to clubs they see as rivals.... pretty fair comment really.

Dont think it has anything to do with money at all - dont think there's any doubting that a club like hearts would have the financial clout needed to ensure a deal was done.

But they are willing to take a player from 'their' rivals - Elliot.

He is going to Kaisersllautern.500 grand bid accepted,so the SUN say

Hope so.

Don't rate him that much.

Hope so.

Don't rate him that much.

Agreed

To sell Velicka for ?600k and buy Niculae for ?500k just wouldnt make a huge amount of sense

Guest JamboRobbo

Who wouldn't want to sign one of their rivals best players.......;)

I think he means the OF are not their true rivals and selling to them would give them no real advantage but the other 9 SPL clubs are their rival and selling them would weaken ICT and give a closer rival an advantage.

exactly that and he's quite right too.

if the germany rumours are true then all in all a tremendous piece of business for Caley. took a punt on stretching to attain an international player for a couple of seasons then pull in more than half a mill or so when he makes his name in the euros and was presumably able to look for more dough. cannae knock caley for this, been good business sense throughout. please take not Mr R.

Guest jambomickey

if that's what graeme bennett said then hearts just shouldn't ever do any buisness with them again

Hearts do not think that "giving" ICT Elliot will give them an advantage over us.

ICT do think that "giving" us Niculae would put them at a disadvantage.

Simple really.

You could also look at it as a statement of ambition. ICT dont see the OF as their "rivals" - and you could also suggest that perhaps we dont see ICT as OUR rivals / or as a threat.....?

All performances / results aside - i really wouldnt call ICT one of our rivals. If thats the level we're aiming for then we are indeed enduring bad times.

Captain Lithuania

It will be good when we play ICT, it will be like having 12 players.

Jambof3tornado
exactly that and he's quite right too.

if the germany rumours are true then all in all a tremendous piece of business for Caley. took a punt on stretching to attain an international player for a couple of seasons then pull in more than half a mill or so when he makes his name in the euros and was presumably able to look for more dough. cannae knock caley for this, been good business sense throughout. please take not Mr R.

You cant slate Vlad for his tactics over player selling. FFS he made money selling Paul Fartley who is well past his sell by,and made a lot on the Craig Gordon deal,under the pieman we'd have got 1mill and he'd have gone to gers/tic!!!

He gets plenty wrong but give the guy credit when he gets it right!!!

Hearts do not think that "giving" ICT Elliot will give them an advantage over us.

ICT do think that "giving" us Niculae would put them at a disadvantage.

Simple really.

You could also look at it as a statement of ambition. ICT dont see the OF as their "rivals" - and you could also suggest that perhaps we dont see ICT as OUR rivals / or as a threat.....?

All performances / results aside - i really wouldnt call ICT one of our rivals. If thats the level we're aiming for then we are indeed enduring bad times.

Erik

The point I am making is that ICT will not sell to one of their rivals but expect their rivals to sell to them?

I agree - I or Hearts do not see ICT as out rivals and would be happy for Elliot to go to them but I think their rationale over Niculae smacks of double-standards.

Erik

The point I am making is that ICT will not sell to one of their rivals but expect their rivals to sell to them?

I agree - I or Hearts do not see ICT as out rivals and would be happy for Elliot to go to them but I think their rationale over Niculae smacks of double-standards.

Why ? They see us as rivals, They can't control how hearts view ICT. As it happens we don't(quite rightly) see them as rivals so are happy to sell them our crap. Don't really see the problem. Would smack of double standards if they sold him to Aberdeen or Dundee Utd.

To be honest i am glad as i think we need a goal scorer and while the lad is a decent player he is not a goal scorer IMO.

You cant slate Vlad for his tactics over player selling. FFS he made money selling Paul Fartley who is well past his sell by,and made a lot on the Craig Gordon deal,under the pieman we'd have got 1mill and he'd have gone to gers/tic!!!

Totally agree mate its a fair point you make. Quite admire his approach to sales

Any ire was more aimed at his scattergun approach. In the same period Caley had the nous and connections to buy up Niculae (sp?) Vlad has thrown (admittedly his own) money around on jokers like Pinilla & Beslija. I hadn't intended turning the post into a Vlad bash but just giving Caley a wee bit credit amidst an irrational onslaught against what for them has been quite a smart move.

Drylaw Hearts

I'd take Paul Hartley tomorrow over any of the midfielders we currently have at the Club.

We've sorely missed his presence in midfield since he left.

Gigolo-Aunt
I'd take Paul Hartley tomorrow over any of the midfielders we currently have at the Club.

We've sorely missed his presence in midfield since he left.

Yup.

I used to think the money we got for Hartley was good business and then I saw his form pick right back up again in the second half of last season and now I'm not sure it was particularly astute at all. We have missed his influence in several different ways, some of which you can put a price on and in others which you just can't.

I used to think the money we got for Hartley was good business and then I saw his form pick right back up again in the second half of last season and now I'm not sure it was particularly astute at all. We have missed his influence in several different ways, some of which you can put a price on and in others which you just can't.

I agree but he is playing as more of a defensive midfielder.When he played in that role for Hearts he was not as good.Weird.:confused:

Not coming to Hearts.

That puts an end to that.

Here.

Och well, I heard he was abit disruptive to the squad in Inversneckie anyway ( possibly because he was on the huge wages!)

Shame we couldnt have got something sorted with Caley in terms of him and Clum going the other way. Always thought he would have been a decent signing. At least he's away home and not off to another SPL side. Or indeed one of the ugly sisters because they heard he was another teams best player.

Archived