Part time worker - Rights.

Era Macaroons

Holidays, yes. It is worked out pro rata though. Sick pay, depends on the contract but most folk I know who work part time get sick pay. Suppose all is dependent on the persons contract with their employers. Think legally employers have to provide holiday and sick pay.

Era Macaroons
Holidays, yes. It is worked out pro rata though. Sick pay, depends on the contract but most folk I know who work part time get sick pay. Suppose all is dependent on the persons contract with their employers. Think legally employers have to provide holiday and sick pay.

cheers Helzibob but the crux of my question is the 13 hours......fair enough if part time working 3 days (21 hours or so) but im sure working a mere 13 falls below certain criteria that I cant find info on the HM Rev & Custaoms site.

Walter Payton
Is someone that works 2 days a week (13 hours) entitled to holidays?

sick pay?

It would depend entirely on the contract that was signed mate, and whether they were considered permanent staff or employed as a contractor.

I usually work around 12 hours a week and my holidays work on the basis that they add up as I work. I think I get about 1 day a week if i work 12 hours. I don't get sick pay though. Not sure if it is to do with the contract though.

Era Macaroons

I'm paying my part timer for their hols in any event, I was more curious if I was being generous or if this was law.

Thanks to all.

Note: Wee Timmy will be unavailable to clean chimney stacks between 2nd and 14th of August

I'm paying my part timer for their hols in any event, I was more curious if I was being generous or if this was law.

Thanks to all.

Note: Wee Timmy will be unavailable to clean chimney stacks between 2nd and 14th of August

What is your business?

Era Macaroons
What is your business?

I shove wee boys (no taller than 4'7") up chimney stacks to remove soot, birds nest and the like. I make a mint, nobody else seems to do it these days.

I shove wee boys (no taller than 4'7") up chimney stacks to remove soot, birds nest and the like. I make a mint, nobody else seems to do it these days.

Thanks for your help...:sad:

Ill Pm you my other business :)

Can't believe you help import illegal immigrants!

Era Macaroons
Can't believe you help import illegal immigrants!

Its a sinch, you only need 20% to hang onto the planes wheels long enough to make a profit.

Archived