Conversations with the wife

I P Knightley

I P Knightley

Have any of you chaps out there had a conversation with the wife, girlfriend, significant other where you've found yourself saying, "I'm sorry, could you repeat that but with a little more detail?"

One of yesterday's convos went like this:

Wife: "Can you take all 3 boys swimming on Saturday..."

Me: "Yes"

Most would have thought that this was the end of the conversation; that I'd committed myself (graciously) to the request and that there was a deal struck between the two of us that I would take the 3 boys swimming on Saturday. In short, End Off.

But, hell, no!

Those three dots signify that she was still effing talking about stuff that she was going to do and how difficult it is in all it's minute and tedious attention to detail... And was it a Thursday or a Wednesday? Or, oh, no, it wasn't though. Oh, who cares anyway because I do not so Norman, if you're normal, I intend to be a freak for the rest of my life, and I shall baffle you with cabbages and rhinoceroses in the kitchen incessant quotations from "Now We Are Six" through the mouthpiece of Lord Snooty's giant poisoned electric head.

Or something.

I wasn't listening. I'd said "yes".

Ivan, if I'm honest my attention tailed of half way through your third from last paragraph.

I feel this is what you intended as it was the literary format of your wife's ramblings.

I empathise and sympathise with you comrade.

I P Knightley
Ivan, if I'm honest my attention tailed of half way through your third from last paragraph.

I feel this is what you intended as it was the literary format of your wife's ramblings.

Thank you for your perserverance.

I'll raise a glass to toast your 8,000th post.

I second that.

doctor jambo

I hear you fellow struggler

There are several problems as I see it

1- wives feel threatened by silence and need to fill the void with mundane, irrelevant chit chat you have no interest in

2- they take the lack of conversation as a slight on themselves

3- they think because you say nothing you are in a "funny mood"

4 they discuss the same thing 4000 times and wonder why it bores you

5 - when they are in a mood they ask what is wrong with YOU

6- they change their orders so many times you forget what you are actually supposed to be doing , and take this as lack of interest (a capital offence punnished by couch bannishment

7- the older they get the less capable they are of dressing themselves, and need to seek an opinion on thier outfits and ask what they should wear. I have never asked a woman what I should wear, and as a subspecies I never understood why for being so obsessed with clothes they would ask a man who clearly has not a frickin clue what top goes with what shoes

Rudi Hates Hibees

1- wives feel threatened by silence and need to fill the void with mundane, irrelevant chit chat you have no interest in

6- they change their orders so many times you forget what you are actually supposed to be doing , and take this as lack of interest (a capital offence punnished by couch bannishment

7- the older they get the less capable they are of dressing themselves, and need to seek an opinion on thier outfits and ask what they should wear. I have never asked a woman what I should wear, and as a subspecies I never understood why for being so obsessed with clothes they would ask a man who clearly has not a frickin clue what top goes with what shoes

Exactly as I see it!

3,4 and 5 drive me nuts!

Never when Coronation Street is on though, always when the programme YOU want to watch is!!

Never when Coronation Street is on though, always when the programme YOU want to watch is!!

Don't forget Emmerdale and Eastenders.... Thankyou;)

I P Knightley

I should be laughing but I'm feeling slightly sad.

"Orders" is about right. The kids get it too. "I told you to tidy your toys." Not, "I asked you to..."

Era Macaroons
Exactly as I see it!

3,4 and 5 drive me nuts!

Re No7

I told my misses on Tues that the top she was wearing was 'a bit tight, is it not'....(i.e buttons about to become missiles).

Shes agrees , straightens up, tugs her blouse down a bit....is that better? she says.

'Nope.'

Que book launched across room and i am a barsteward.

only trying to help dear!

The Old Tolbooth

I completely agree with you mate, on EVERYTHING!

Although I have to contend with something else that most male JKB'ers don't.

After I've read Kickback in it's entirety, she then comes home and potters around, eventually switching her pc on and feels a flippin need to read out every single post to me again!!!!! :ahhhhhhh:

Guest juvehearts

the one that gets right on my nut is when youre busy & she'll ask you to do something.

you say in a min & get a torrent of abuse about it.

put the shoe on the other foot & she says im not your slave!!

cheeky cow

Have any of you chaps out there had a conversation with the wife, girlfriend, significant other where you've found yourself saying, "I'm sorry, could you repeat that but with a little more detail?"

Most would have thought that this was the end of the conversation; that I'd committed myself (graciously) to the request and that there was a deal struck between the two of us that I would take the 3 boys swimming on Saturday. In short, End Off.

But, hell, no!

Those three dots signify that she was still effing talking about stuff that she was going to do and how difficult it is in all it's minute and tedious attention to detail... And was it a Thursday or a Wednesday? Or, oh, no, it wasn't though. Oh, who cares anyway because I do not so Norman, if you're normal, I intend to be a freak for the rest of my life, and I shall baffle you with cabbages and rhinoceroses in the kitchen incessant quotations from "Now We Are Six" through the mouthpiece of Lord Snooty's giant poisoned electric head.

Or something.

Ah - the late, great, Vivian Stanshall, if I am not mistaken ... from, what was it ... "My pink half of the drainpipe" or something ?

I P Knightley
Ah - the late, great, Vivian Stanshall, if I am not mistaken ... from, what was it ... "My pink half of the drainpipe" or something ?

Good spot and 100% correct on the title - in fact, only the first line of that paragraph is my own work. The rest is Stanshall's.

Era Macaroons

The kitchen

wherever I am in OUR kitchen...I am in the way.

even if shes popping in.

Good spot and 100% correct on the title - in fact, only the first line of that paragraph is my own work. The rest is Stanshall's.

Wonderful.

Wasn't sure where the quote started.

Usher Hall a couple of years ago - Ade Edmundsen and Phil Jupitus were decent stand-ins for the late, great, bonkers man ...

I P Knightley
Wonderful.

Wasn't sure where the quote started.

Usher Hall a couple of years ago - Ade Edmundsen and Phil Jupitus were decent stand-ins for the late, great, bonkers man ...

I missed them on that tour. A mate who had no prior knowledge of the Bonzos got a free ticket from one of his colleagues and I lent him a couple of my CDs before he went. Needless to say, he came back a convert.

Jupitus is a huge fan of theirs and his part on the tour was more awe-struck dream-come-true stuff than just being an able deputy.

I missed them on that tour. A mate who had no prior knowledge of the Bonzos got a free ticket from one of his colleagues and I lent him a couple of my CDs before he went. Needless to say, he came back a convert.

Jupitus is a huge fan of theirs and his part on the tour was more awe-struck dream-come-true stuff than just being an able deputy.

(sorry to hijack the thread, all ...)

... a bit like Douglas Adams playing with the Floyd at Earls Court for his birthday (bless ...)

Another one is when they are talking to you and you are watching the tv and listening at the same time, then all of a sudden they start talking about pink pigs and loads of them, then they say are you ok with that as they think you didnt hear them and ask you what they said. WE CAN MULTI TASK JUST AS MUCH AS YOU CAN.

The People's Chimp

But, hell, no!

Or something.

get her pumped.

I P Knightley
get her pumped.

I thought it would never happen. (The GHP post, not the pumping).:)

My girlfriend is wonderful. Shes doesn't batter on about pointless crap. She brings me a beer when I get in. She is a good cook. She drops to her knees without even being asked. It's great.

We have just moved in together a month ago. Of course she's going to stay that way forever.....isn't she???

Is there a need for a "get her pumped" smiley ?

Maybe not.

:getherpumped:

The People's Chimp

it needed saying. ;)

alwaysthereinspirit

'Is this a long story" is the first thing I ask my wife when she starts.;)

alwaysthereinspirit
My girlfriend is wonderful. Shes doesn't batter on about pointless crap. She brings me a beer when I get in. She is a good cook. She drops to her knees without even being asked. It's great.

We have just moved in together a month ago. Of course she's going to stay that way forever.....isn't she???

If she's a good cook now she'll probably always be. As for the other stuff....

Era Macaroons

yip , im afraid its

delia_thumb.jpg

How about the all time favourite - TWO questions in one e.g.

Wife - "Are you going to work tomorrow....(significant pause)........ or are you playing golf?"

Me - "yes"

Wife - "well which?"

Me - "if you had only asked one frigging question, you would have understood my answer!"

:hae36:

John Findlay

The worst is when you are having a discussion(an argument really) and you are actually getting the better of her. So she will suddenly bring up something you did six years ago and say what a rotter and a B you are for doing that(six years ago).

So you retaliate by saying ah but what about when you did the samething but, only six months ago.

She replies ah but that's different as I was only getting you back for what you did six years ago.

To which you reply I was right then you are thick as it took you five and a half years to do what you still castigate me for and you didnt have the brains to think of something different.

Watch them go into hyperspace then.

I dont dislike women. I just treat them the same as blokes and the plain truth is they dont like it. They dont want to be treated the same as blokes. The squeal equality all the time but, have no intention of being equal. They want to be un-equal in that they want to be treated special all the time. The rules they apply for men do not apply to themselves and they hate it with a passion any man who does apply the same rules to them.

John

Era Macaroons

The worst is when you are having a discussion(an argument really) and you are actually getting the better of her. So she will suddenly bring up something you did six years ago and say what a rotter and a B you are for doing that(six years ago).

So you retaliate by saying ah but what about when you did the samething but, only six months ago.

She replies ah but that's different as I was only getting you back for what you did six years ago.

To which you reply I was right then you are thick as it took you five and a half years to do what you still castigate me for and you didnt have the brains to think of something different.

Watch them go into hyperspace then.

I dont dislike women. I just treat them the same as blokes and the plain truth is they dont like it. They dont want to be treated the same as blokes. The squeal equality all the time but, have no intention of being equal. They want to be un-equal in that they want to be treated special all the time. The rules they apply for men do not apply to themselves and they hate it with a passion any man who does apply the same rules to them.

John

So so true.

This sequence normally kicks in when my misses is clamped in the current topic.

I P Knightley
The OP, what a mundane, OTT and serious pile of hibs that thread of yours is:mad::(

Care to elaborate?

doctor jambo

You do one , minor little thing wrong, like forget to empty a dishwasher, and get subjected to a 2 hour diatribe of all the things that you have forgotten over the entire period of your courtship, accompanied with "and why did you do that?"

"feck knows dear, it was 6 years ago, I'd forgotten all about it"

"you'd forgotten, shows how little it matters to you"

" I forgot to wash a cup 6 years ago!"

and on and on and on

Or the classic- " husband of mine, we dont cuddle or kiss as much as we used to, I feel unloved"

"Wife of mine, we used to **** like jack rabbits, what the hell happened to that?"

Midloth_Iain

My pet hate with the wife

I tell her I am going out tonight, where I am going and all the (irrelevant) details just to keep her from stropping.

OK, she says ..... No further mention of it.

2 hours later as I open the door and have one foot outside she starts to ask me, when will I be home, do I want any supper, etc, etc.

Geez, woman, you had 2 hours to ask me,why wait until I am out the bloody door !! :rolleyes::P

Goldstone Wonder

Or the classic- " husband of mine, we dont cuddle or kiss as much as we used to, I feel unloved"

"Wife of mine, we used to **** like jack rabbits, what the hell happened to that?"

Yep. Know the feeling....:)

Archived