Goram tips Mcgregor over Gordon. NHR

alwaysthereinspirit

Has the fat clown ever seen them both play sober or was he too busy beating his wife.typical Hun.

The sad fact is that Goram has become so tied up in his loyalist Rangers persona he developed after he left Hibs that he can't help himself.

He should stick to being in caravans in womens undies.

Isn't Goram an alcoholic?

Just typical. McCant has nearly 1 good half a season (let's forget all the flaps at crosses) and he should be number 1.

Typical OF arrogance.

On a completely different tangent, what exactly did Clyde gain from playing 3 old crocks in a pre-season friendly last night when they should be trying to get a team together to not get relegated this season?

I despise the OF and their arrogant associates with a passion.

shaun.lawson
The sad fact is that Goram has become so tied up in his loyalist Rangers persona he developed after he left Hibs that he can't help himself.

He should stick to being in caravans in womens undies.

Now there's a line you don't see every day...

Two Andy Gorams! There's only two Andy Gorams! :):wacko:

The Real Maroonblood
Why?

He is another one of these muppets who have a lobotomy when they play for the Ibrox low life.

marshallschunkychicken

This is from the guy that made an official complaint at Ibrox, because when you press the button to call the lift, the button lit up, and the backlighting was green.

Not to mention the caravan incident, and the paramilitary flag incident. And the Billy Wright black armband....

To say that his attitude is coloured by all things Rangers is putting it mildly.

There does seem to be something of a bandwagon though for McGregor over Gordon.

It is unbelievable when you consider their relative qualities though. Would always choose Craig.

I think the more pertinent question is why are the media asking a) him and B) now.

Bit of time since either have played competitive football and a chance to colour the imagination somewhat?

Bandwagon is right.

Drylaw Hearts

In a nutshell.

His (paid) attendance at Supporters Functions as a speaker etc. is a nice earner and aids him in his fight to drink as much alcohol as possible.

A horrible human being.

The Real Maroonblood
In a nutshell.

His (paid) attendance at Supporters Functions as a speaker etc. is a nice earner and aids him in his fight to drink as much alcohol as possible.

A horrible humen being.

I would be interested to know that with him being an outsider what is his opinion on the human race.

:)

Billy the Jambo

I think Goram is right Mcgregor is NOW a better keeper than Gordon .Gordon doesn,t play for Hearts anymore so why are most people on this thread getting their knickers in a twist about it

I'll keep saying it. Another example of the carrion (and I mean the press) picking at the diseased torso of the bloated beast that is the old firm. They use the resulting scraps to fill their column inches, further poisoning the empty, deluded minds of their followers.

Andy Goram is but a dumb patsy in this episode, a mere morsel used to feed the unquenchable greed of the OF and their hack parasites.

For what it's worth, AM is a very good goalkeeper and Scotland is lucky to have them both.

slashishere
I think Goram is right Mcgregor is NOW a better keeper than Gordon .Gordon doesn,t play for Hearts anymore so why are most people on this thread getting their knickers in a twist about it

xin_15120309093364678105.jpg

In which area

I still give consistency, shot stopping, experience, kicking, size and attitude to Gordon.

Chad Sexington

Goram is a drunken oaf.

I wouldn't trust his opinion on whether it was day or night.

Gavsy Van Gaverson

Utter tripe!!!!!

Gavsy Van Gaverson
In which area

I still give consistency, shot stopping, experience, kicking, size and attitude to Gordon.

McGregor is far better at kicking than Gordon, but out of what you have listed, that is about it.

marshallschunkychicken

:laugh:

:sad:

You are joking, right?

A horrible human being.

True....

Which is a shame - cos in his day, he was a damned good keeper.

blondejamtart

I especially liked Goram's argument that McGregor "doesn't make mistakes"...hmm, should've gone to Specsavers, I reckon, Andy, because I've seen him make more than a few!

I especially liked Goram's argument that McGregor "doesn't make mistakes"...hmm, should've gone to Specsavers, I reckon, Andy, because I've seen him make more than a few!

Yup, he made more than a few when we pumped them 4-2. Er, good effort at saving from Ivaskevicus...NOT!

I thought McGregor when he was under pressure at Dunfermline was truly awful (he threw in at least one a game against us). It remains to be seen if this lad is going to be a one season wonder in the mould of Paul Gallacher, Jamie Langfield etc.

I have watched Mcgregor over that last year os so and he has vastly improved. I think right now he probably sheds it for me. I think he is marginaly a safer keeper than Gordon.

not much between them but you can see mcregor has improved imenssley while craig has been steady over a number of years. it's all good for Scotland though to have two top keepers and there is no doubt that they are top keepers.

Jam Tarts 1874

As Gordon is no longer an Hearts player I don't really care. However it has to be said that Goram is not noted for his good judgement and as long as Burley is in charge at Scotland I don't think Gordon will lose his place.

I'm sure that as soon as Burley goes and is replaced by one of the "Largs mafia", then Gordon will be papped.

John Findlay

I see you are one of these people with an IQ the same as their shoe size.

Gordon could play for East Stirling and he would still be a better goalkeeper than Alan MacGregor.

John

Lets have it right.

AM plays for a big team, rarley under pressure in a pub league.

CG plays for a smaller club (no disrespect to the mackims) in one of the toughtest leagues in the world.

When AM can play at the same level as CG week in week out against the level of opposition, you can compare them.

LarrysRightFoot

McGregor is not anywhere near the level of Gordon.

McGregor is a disaster waiting to happen with any kind of ball across his box - Lyons first goal at Ibrox is a prime example.

Most of his so called great saves, such as the one from a Ronaldinho free kick at Ibrox, are comfortable saves but he arches his back and flicks up his legs to make them look good for the camera.

Gordon had a bit of a dip in form at Sunderland but he is playing in a league where the efforts at goal are much more accurate and hit a lot firmer. He was also behind an absolute shambles of a defense. However, he grew in confidence and by the end of season he was back to his brilliant best, for example the when he kept Wigan out single handedly - did Andy Gray not even say he was the best keeper in the league?

I'd imagine goram was drunk at the time (probably is drunk just now as well) daft comment to make as Mcgregor has only really been on form this season where as Gordon has beeen consistent for years now.

Mcgregor is better at coming out for crosses but Gordon doesn't really have to bother as he will most likely save any shot that comes as a result of the cross.

Goram is full of it "Who can remember the last time chucked one into the net? He just doesn't make mistakes"

So his sign of a good keeper is not throwing it into his own net.

rudiskacel06

Mcgregor is a thug, we seen the evidence in the game we humped rangers 4-2 when he tried to kung foo kick elliot,where was mcgregor and his fantastic saves that day???

I'd sooner listen to Malofeeve talk about training methods than Goram talk about, well anything!!!

Dirty, Hun, Alcoholic, Wife-beating, Loser

I'd imagine goram was drunk at the time (probably is drunk just now as well) daft comment to make as Mcgregor has only really been on form this season where as Gordon has beeen consistent for years now.

Mcgregor is better at coming out for crosses but Gordon doesn't really have to bother as he will most likely save any shot that comes as a result of the cross.

Just because you come out for crosses, doesn't necessarily you are a good cross taker.

Someone mentioned Lyon in another thread. I can also recall Murphy scoring one off the back of his head at Ibrox with McGregor in no man's land. Even in probably his finest hour (Bremen away) he was very lucky on at least 2 occassions that Bremen didn't take advantage of extremely poor judgement, and ability at crosses.

Lets have it right.

AM plays for a big team, rarley under pressure in a pub league.

CG plays for a smaller club (no disrespect to the mackims) in one of the toughtest leagues in the world.

When AM can play at the same level as CG week in week out against the level of opposition, you can compare them.

MacGregor played in the CL last season and also UEFA cup. Sorry but surely that is a higher standard than playing v Wigan, Fulham, Derby and Birmingham?

MacGregor played in the CL last season and also UEFA cup. Sorry but surely that is a higher standard than playing v Wigan, Fulham, Derby and Birmingham?

True. But McGregor had a 9-man defence in front of him, and the Sunderland defence is the poorest part of their team.

alwaysthereinspirit

There's lots of other crap goalies played in European games. Brian Wilson is one that jumps out at me for some nightmarish reason.:eek:

Five to One

Might turn into a difficult choice this which is good for Scotland especially if one or the other gets injured. I think CG's a better shot stopper, but AM shades him on presence in the box and on crosses. Right now though I'd stick with CG until/if he has a howler or his confidence dips.

It's a shame the press in Scotland takes a negative view on anything positive to do with the national team. Rather than have an idiot like Andy Goram spouting off, it could have been an article on how Scotland continues to produce world class goalkeepers.

And what about Arsenal, Man united, Chelsea, Tottenham, Everton, Portsmouth, Liverpool etc?

Are they not better than the strikers who couldnt score past rangers defenders, all 8 of them.

The premier league is a 38 game competition, and teams go for it gung-ho.

In the uefa cup teams are more concerned with sitting back so as not to concede. Rangers had very little to deal with throughout the UEFA until the final. Gordon had 10+ shots to deal with every week, without much protection from a hopeless defence.

And what about Arsenal, Man united, Chelsea, Tottenham, Everton, Portsmouth, Liverpool etc?

Are they not better than the strikers who couldnt score past rangers defenders, all 8 of them.

The premier league is a 38 game competition, and teams go for it gung-ho.

In the uefa cup teams are more concerned with sitting back so as not to concede. Rangers had very little to deal with throughout the UEFA until the final. Gordon had 10+ shots to deal with every week, without much protection from a hopeless defence.

That would suggest then European football is better experience for international football than the helter skelter of the premiership.

Norfolk and Chance
That would suggest then European football is better experience for international football than the helter skelter of the premiership.

straight from the horse's mouth;)

Out of the last four teams in the CL, 3 were from the EPL, so how can you say the CL is a higher standard, stick to munchin grass..........

Archived