Hleb baffled by Romanov methods

christhejambo

christhejambo

Dunno if its been posted before, only had a quick look, but there's an audio clip on the bbc website of Alexandr Hleb commenting on Romanovs methods, and the prospect of his brother signing.

I know this story has been rambling on for ages now, but ive never seen the boy play, so couldnt really comment on him. One thing i would observe though is the poor standard of sports journalism in this country. One of the biggest teams in the game are over (admittedly for the 2nd time;)), and the conversation somehow gets turned around to the rumour about the less-famous brother of a barcelona player potentially moving to a team who are not involved in Barcelonas tour in any capacity. Slow news day to say the least.

Only a Game

They've cut off part of the question from whoever it was..................Why the feck be asking him about Romanov and Hearts ???

Pathetic that the BBC revert to asking about hearts when its nothing to do with them at all

They've cut off part of the question from whoever it was..................Why the feck be asking him about Romanov and Hearts ???

They're fecking obsessed.

Anything to get something negative about Romanov or Hearts.

RODA OPT OUT OF HLEB DEAL

Roda JC have decided not to offer trialist Vyacheslav Hleb a contract.

The Eredivisie club wanted to sign Hleb, the younger brother of Barcelona's Alexander, on a season-long loan but his club FC MTZ RIPO Minsk were only interested in a sale.

"He is after all not the kind of player we need in the short term," director of football Martin van Geel told newspaper De Limburger.

"In the long run he can be of interest again because he is a really good player. So we will keep on following him."

WHERE THE **** DID THAT COME FROM???

If any one thinks we get fair media coverage from the bbc they must be mad after that.

Hope hearts make a statement about the BBC cutting out half a question to fit an answer.

There was me on the BBC web page thinking the headline would now be about our 6-0 hammering of the German giants we played last night ;) but alas no it still has this bizarre interview with Hleb. Not bothered if they say nought about us but it getting boring only mentioning the Romanov factor when they speak about Hearts. What the fek that has to do with Hobos v Barca is beyond me.

I aint no sound recordist or computer expert but I reckon I could have edited it more professionally they are a joke. Who was doing the interview?

Two online articles giving the full interview by the looks of it-poor poor show from the BBC doing a specifically cut interview with Hleb :wacko:

http://www.thecourier.co.uk/output/2008/07/24/sportstory11701863t0.asp

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football-news/scottish-football/spl-football/hearts-fc/2008/07/24/barcelona-star-alekandr-hleb-blasts-hearts-chief-for-blocking-brother-s-tynecastle-move-86908-20668732/

BARCELONA NEW boy Alexander Hleb last night branded the actions of Vladimir Romanov as beyond comprehension after the Hearts owner refused to let his brother Vyacheslav have a transfer.

The former Arsenal midfielder, who signed for Barca for ?11.8 million last month, was speaking at the Catalan club?s St Andrews training base ahead of tonight?s match at Murrayfield against Hibs.

Hleb junior, who played for Stuttgart, Grasshoppers and Hamburg before signing for one of Romanov?s other clubs, MTZ Ripo Minsk, wants a move but the Lithuanian millionaire is asking for an inflated transfer fee.

The 25-year-old was linked with a switch to Hearts but that deal appears to have stalled and his big brother has voiced his displeasure at the Tynecastle supremo.

Hleb said, ?I don?t understand Mr Romanov.?

?My brother plays for his team but he wants to leave and Romanov won?t let him.

?He wants big money for him and I don?t understand it.

?I don?t get him or his politics. He has changed too many (managers) in such a small time at Hearts.

?My brother was maybe going to go there and it would have been good for him to come to Scotland but it didn?t happen.?

"I don't get him".... seems to sum up the situation pretty well. Hleb's just a bitter and twisted Arsenal reject though! :rolleyes: I'm waiting on the rush of replies to try and discredit him and stick up for Mad Vlad.

BARCELONA ace Aleksandr Hleb last night launched a stinging attack on Vladimir Romanov and accused the Hearts owner of holding his young brother to ransom.

The Catalan club's ?12million summer signing from Arsenal will strut his stuff in front of a Edinburgh audience when he makes his debut against Hibs at Murrayfield tonight.

He feels, however, that young brother Vyacheslav could have been on show in the capital long before now.

Hleb junior has been touted for a move to Hearts for the last two seasons and even trained at Riccarton with a view to a transfer here 18 months ago.

However, that deal fell through and he is now back in his homeland, Belarus, with another of Romanov's football interests, MTZ Ripo Minsk.

Hleb was set to join Dutch club Roda earlier this month but that move collapsed and now his big brother, at Barca's pre-season base in St Andrews, has taken a potshot at Romanov for messing his sibling around.

He said: "It would have been good had my brother come to Scotland but I don't understand the politics of Romanov.

"He has been a short time in charge of Hearts but already there have been a lot of trainers - I don't understand this.

"Okay, if my brother doesn't go to Scotland then perhaps he can join another club and maybe he'll go to Holland next week.

"At the moment he's still in Belarus, where Romanov is the owner of the club, but I don't understand what's happening.

"My brother wants to go but Romanov won't let him, or is asking for big money. Hopefully he'll go soon."

Hleb threw his lot in with Barcelona this summer after admitting he had grown tired of the chaos of life in London.

He may have had a point but his new club are hardly operating out of a one-track village in the north-east of Spain.

Hleb said: "I'm from Belarus and always every December I spend Christmas and New Year with my family. It has always been very important but in London it's very hectic.

"So why Barcelona? Well, I'll get two days off at Christmas for a start. No, that's just a joke but it was difficult to live in London. I wanted to change something and Barcelona are a big club, this is my dream and I'm very happy."

Ticket sales have been sluggish for tonight's game at the home of rugby, with organisers predicting a crowd of around 25,000.

Barcelona drew almost 60,000 when they played Hearts 12 months ago but Pep Guardiola's side have played against Scottish opposition six times in a year, including the Old Firm in the Champions League.

The novelty has worn off, particularly with the absence of Ronaldinho and Deco, although Carlos Puyol, Andreas Iniesta and Xabi jetted into Scotland last night to join their club mates following their heroics at the European Championships.

Hleb is looking forward to establishing a rapport with his new team-mates and is pleading with Hibs and Dundee United, who host Barcelona on Saturday, not to approach the game too physically.

He said: "These games are very important for us. We have a lot of new players at the club and we have to begin to understand each other.

"It's important we don't pick up any injuries while we are here so I also hope these games are not too aggressive."

Hleb also used the home of golf to take a nine iron to reports he left Arsenal because of a fall out with boss Arsene Wenger.

The playmaker said: "He was like a father to me. I learned a lot from him and I want to say thank you to him now I have joined Barcelona.

"If Arsene stays at Arsenal the future for them will always be at the top. He is everything for that club."

Whats wrong with what Hleb has said? Seems a fairly accurate summary of Romanov - player politics and changed managers

Anyway, I'm amused the Barca come to play Hibs and yet the headlines from their interviews relate to Hearts - good or bad

Billy the Jambo

I don,t think there is anything wrong with what Hleb said .He slags off the mad one everyone knows what he is like but the usual posters are on here shouting and bawling about it and probably wanting to bring back hanging for anyone who dares say anything against him

christhejambo
Whats wrong with what Hleb has said? Seems a fairly accurate summary of Romanov - player politics and changed managers

Anyway, I'm amused the Barca come to play Hibs and yet the headlines from their interviews relate to Hearts - good or bad

There's nothing at all wrong with what he's said- its all fairly accurate. Its more the fact that he is being asked about it at all that grinds my gears over this one.

Hleb is E. European, and his brother was rumoured to be signing for us a fair while ago...ergo Hleb should be quizzed about Romanov- pathetic and lazy journalism.

The Real Maroonblood
"I don't get him".... seems to sum up the situation pretty well. Hleb's just a bitter and twisted Arsenal reject though! :rolleyes: I'm waiting on the rush of replies to try and discredit him and stick up for Mad Vlad.

I certainly agree with your last statement but I take it the rest is tongue in cheek.

There's nothing at all wrong with what he's said- its all fairly accurate. Its more the fact that he is being asked about it at all that grinds my gears over this one.

Hleb is E. European, and his brother was rumoured to be signing for us a fair while ago...ergo Hleb should be quizzed about Romanov- pathetic and lazy journalism.

Just regale in the fact that Hearts are taking up paper space ahead of Hibs "big game"

They should be moaning more than us

Chad Sexington

What a non story.

Like Jammy T says, Hibs are about to play arguably the biggest club in the world and the press would still rather talk about us.

:rolleyes:

I think Hleb should be given a chance at Hearts. He's better than the likes of Ksanavicius and Ivaskevicius. Romanov has to be less emotional in his business dealings concerning football. All these vendettas are hurting the club.

The fact is,his brother has been fecked around by Vlad just like almost everyone else.

Now if it was me and my brother was being made a cant off,I think I would stand up for my brother as well,Vlad basicaly owns Hlebs contract and is only interested in how much wonga he can get for him.

If ever there was a case for FIFA to call someone a slave then this would be it.

The fact he was aked about his brother and Hearts is a valid question FFS,after all he had already signed and was at thr training ground as it was being typed,according to some anyhoo.

Why not ask him about his brother? When else would an Edinburgh (or even Scottish) based journo get the chance to speak to a player of Hleb's calibre?

It concerns Hleb, it concerns Edinburgh, it concerns Scottish football and a potential Hearts signing.

I've never been to a press conference I'll admit, but I've seen them on Sky Sports and heard some totally irrelevant pish spouted. This interview is actually with a world class(?) player who deserves to have an opinion on Romanov because of how his brother has been (mis)treated. I'm just glad someone like Hleb has heard of Hearts and is willing to talk about us.

He doesn't slate Hearts only Romanov, who is a fecking arse!

Well here is one.

Vlad has done nothing wrong. Hleb happily signed a contract and therfore he should honour it. Every club in the world will only let a player leave mid contract if they get a offer they are haoppy with, and they are entitled to work on this basis.

Players too often happily sign contracts to ensure a good pay, then moan if they change their mind mid way, yet tey would still expect the club to honour it, if no one else was interested. Quite simply, tehy are parasites.

Ronaldo is a prime example - happy to siogn a massive contract, but then throws his toys out the pram when he does not get what he wants later down the line.

Imagine if him, or Hleb signed the contract, and a week later got a massive injury - they would still expect the club to honour it - so if it it works one waym it has to work both.

Too many players just want everything their own way, to hell with the consequences.

Was going to say that as a Hibs fan you must be pretty hacked off that at a press conference for a game against Barcelona the Scottish press are more interested in Hearts and having a go at Vlad than about Hibs.

Then again most Hibs fans are more interested in Hearts than their own team, so they are probably in dreamland reading about this.

Two online articles giving the full interview by the looks of it-poor poor show from the BBC doing a specifically cut interview with Hleb :wacko:

http://www.thecourier.co.uk/output/2008/07/24/sportstory11701863t0.asp

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football-news/scottish-football/spl-football/hearts-fc/2008/07/24/barcelona-star-alekandr-hleb-blasts-hearts-chief-for-blocking-brother-s-tynecastle-move-86908-20668732/

BARCELONA NEW boy Alexander Hleb last night branded the actions of Vladimir Romanov as beyond comprehension after the Hearts owner refused to let his brother Vyacheslav have a transfer.

The former Arsenal midfielder, who signed for Barca for ?11.8 million last month, was speaking at the Catalan club?s St Andrews training base ahead of tonight?s match at Murrayfield against Hibs.

Hleb junior, who played for Stuttgart, Grasshoppers and Hamburg before signing for one of Romanov?s other clubs, MTZ Ripo Minsk, wants a move but the Lithuanian millionaire is asking for an inflated transfer fee.

The 25-year-old was linked with a switch to Hearts but that deal appears to have stalled and his big brother has voiced his displeasure at the Tynecastle supremo.

Hleb said, ?I don?t understand Mr Romanov.?

?My brother plays for his team but he wants to leave and Romanov won?t let him.

?He wants big money for him and I don?t understand it.

?I don?t get him or his politics. He has changed too many (managers) in such a small time at Hearts.

?My brother was maybe going to go there and it would have been good for him to come to Scotland but it didn?t happen.?

Compare the Scottish press reporting to this one in the Guardian

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2008/jul/24/barcelona.arsenal

Biased press or just reporting what's of interest to your public? Tough call.

Was going to say that as a Hibs fan you must be pretty hacked off that at a press conference for a game against Barcelona the Scottish press are more interested in Hearts and having a go at Vlad than about Hibs.

Then again most Hibs fans are more interested in Hearts than their own team, so they are probably in dreamland reading about this.

you might have a point there, i know more hibs fans that went to the game last year than are going this year.

Guest JamboRobbo
Compare the Scottish press reporting to this one in the Guardian

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2008/jul/24/barcelona.arsenal

Biased press or just reporting what's of interest to your public? Tough call.

Thats exactly it. The papers report what people pay (or go online) to read about.

Seems to me that most of those moaning on here are just upset cause Vlad got some stick. If Hleb had said how great Vlad is, the same people wouldn't be any moaning about the press for asking a question, they'd be lapping up the answers......

siegementality
I think Hleb should be given a chance at Hearts. He's better than the likes of Ksanavicius and Ivaskevicius. Romanov has to be less emotional in his business dealings concerning football. All these vendettas are hurting the club.

I agree. If Hearts are at the top of the pyramid and Csaba has 100% control of team affairs at Hearts surely it should make sense for Csaba to see what is available from Ripo or Kaunas, identify what players he wants to look at further, get them over on trial and if they're good enough sign them. It would be to the benefit of all the teams, that's the whole fecking point of the pyramid. It appears that Romaknob still has other ideas though.

Hleb playing decent for Hearts in the SPL has to be worth more than Hleb playing decent for Ripo FFS!

Hleb playing decent for Hearts in the SPL has to be worth more than Hleb playing decent for Ripo FFS!

I think Ripo emptied Ferencvaros out of UEFA cup Csaba's second year in charge - so he should have seen Hleb in action already :(

siegementality
I think Ripo emptied Ferencvaros out of UEFA cup Csaba's second year in charge - so he should have seen Hleb in action already :(

The games were played in 2005, That's if Hleb even played. At lot has changed since then.

Archived