The Dark Knight

vegas-voss

So who is all going to see it this weekend.Im going first thing Sunday morning as can't be assed with the cinema when it's choc a block.Anyway i think this is going to be the best film in years.Every single article by a reviewer you read is absolutely raving about it.Love the first film but i think this one is going to be something else.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Say What Again
Anyway i think this is going to be the best film in years.Every single article by a reviewer you read is absolutely raving about it.Love the first film but i think this one is going to be something else.

Totally agree mate.

It's currently sitting as the top film of all time in the IMDb ratings with 9.5/10.

When I saw the rating a few days ago I thought 'it's just been released all the Batman fans will be voting it up' - but it's now been voted on by over 90,000 people and still has 9.5 :eek:

I'll be seeing it but not this weekend. The missus hasn't seen Batman Begins so I bought the Blu Ray from ebay yesterday. We'll watch that first.

Really looking forward to the new film.

Dark Knight IMDb page

Totally agree mate.

It's currently sitting as the top film of all time in the IMDb ratings with 9.5/10.

When I saw the rating a few days ago I thought 'it's just been released all the Batman fans will be voting it up' - but it's now been voted on by over 90,000 people and still has 9.5 :eek:

I'll be seeing it but not this weekend. The missus hasn't seen Batman Begins so I bought the Blu Ray from ebay yesterday. We'll watch that first.

Really looking forward to the new film.

Dark Knight IMDb page

Just read the IMDB link and i am even more excited now.

The Dark "Night"?

Why wait til Sunday? It'll be dark about 10pm.;)

Like Jack of Hearts I think I'll have a recap of the previous films and possibly go and see it. I try not to get too excited about films these days as you are almost always left disappointed.

The Dark "Night"?

Why wait til Sunday? It'll be dark about 10pm.;)

Like Jack of Hearts I think I'll have a recap of the previous films and possibly go and see it. I try not to get too excited about films these days as you are almost always left disappointed.

Yeah i am indeed an idiot:)

it was released here last week..have to say it's feckin awesome....

Was never a fan of Heath Ledger but for once the hype is correct they guy is incredible as the joker..he blows everyscene out the water..for once a posthumous Oscar will be well deserved and not just a sympathy vote.

slashishere
it was released here last week..have to say it's feckin awesome....

Was never a fan of Heath Ledger but for once the hype is correct they guy is incredible as the joker..he blows everyscene out the water..for once a posthumous Oscar will be well deserved and not just a sympathy vote.

Why on earth do they let you convicts have films first, joke!!

I'm stuck watching bloody Wall-e, stunning visually but not too funny, thin on story and as usual the kids seem to enjoy the short a hell of a lot more than the main feature........

Anywhoo I digress.........jammy burger!!

Cant wait to see it... but gonna have too.

I hate busy cinemas so much I always wait until a big films been out a couple weeks so i dont have to sit next to people I havent gone with. I know its strange behaviour but theres nowt like being comfortable in the cinema. And by comfortable I mean AT LEAST 1 seat on either side of you. Unless your with the bird.

Cant wait to see it... but gonna have too.

I hate busy cinemas so much I always wait until a big films been out a couple weeks so i dont have to sit next to people I havent gone with. I know its strange behaviour but theres nowt like being comfortable in the cinema. And by comfortable I mean AT LEAST 1 seat on either side of you. Unless your with the bird.

i know what you mean, when me and 3 (supposed to be 4) of my friends went to see wanted we waited until the trailers had started for the last person to turn up, so we went in and there was only individual seats left, so we all sat on our own.

and the other guy didn't turn up :evilno:

jamboinglasgow

I really want to see this movie though need to grab someone to go with.

I think the best thing to do is go and not expect anything, if you go with hopes that can never be met then you will be dissapointed.

Also I was impressed that after 90,000 votes it is still 9.5 though I would imagine that will come down over the next few weeks.

Carl Spackler
WALL?E is number 24 FFS.

And there's no mention of Caddyshack or Animal House. Loads of nonsense from places that cannae even spell the film title in English either. The list is a total sham.

Been looking forward to this for months.:)

Going tomorrow night to the last showing. Its a Thursday, and there are loads of showings so I reckon it will be "fairly" quiet.

Got my tickets booked for tomorrow at 1:15. Really looking forward to it.

Its been described as more of a crime drama than a comicbook movie this time round. I've been quite dissapointed with superhero movies as of late so I hope this can restore my faith!

BTW seen Wall-E on sunday, great movie.

Im in the US just now and it came out here last week, went to the midnight showing on Thursday night when it first came out (not that im bragging;)) but seriously, you wont be dissapointed.

I wasnt a massive batman fan but the new film is absolutley awesome and Heath Ledger is brilliant, steals the show

jamboinglasgow

One of my old mates phoned asking if I want to go for a drink tomorrow, suggested we go watch dark knight and so we are. YAY

plus already found the next film to look forward to...Watchmen. Another comic book film but the comic it is taken for is amazing apparntly (have one or two friends who love comics alot and are eagerly apprecating this film even though it is just under a year away.) The movie is done by the person who directed 300 and looks absoutly f****** amazing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E4blSrZvPhU

Why on earth do they let you convicts have films first, joke!!

I'm stuck watching bloody Wall-e, stunning visually but not too funny, thin on story and as usual the kids seem to enjoy the short a hell of a lot more than the main feature........

Anywhoo I digress.........jammy burger!!

TBH not too sure might have something to do with ol' health but not 100% anyway i dont care i saw it a week ago..and you still havent....;)

Anway watch out for the disappearing pen scene...class

Very, very, very good.

Go see it, it's outstanding.

Everyone who reads this has probably heard some critic or actor fawning over how good Heath Ledger is but he is truly, amazing. Totally steals every second of every scene he is in. Not bad for a role as a comic book baddy.

Say What Again
Everyone who reads this has probably heard some critic or actor fawning over how good Heath Ledger is but he is truly, amazing. Totally steals every second of every scene he is in. Not bad for a role as a comic book baddy.

Like most folk, I had heard those reviews of Ledgers performance. The last 2 reviews I've read though say Christian Bale steals the show.

Say What Again
The last 2 reviews I've read though say Christian Bale steals the show.

Like this one on the BBC site for example.

First things first. There has been a lot of talk about whether the late Heath Ledger's turn as the Joker in The Dark Knight deserves an Oscar.

Well, there is an outstanding performance in the film, but it actually comes not from Ledger, but from Christian Bale.

That is not to say Ledger is not impressive. He is.

But his is a one-note performance - a pretty good note, it must be said - but one note nonetheless.

Bale's Bruce Wayne/Batman has layers of subtlety to it, and his portrayal of the superhero is so grounded in reality that you almost take it for granted, especially if you are being distracted by the sinister pyrotechnics of his nemesis.

That said, Ledger will still probably win, and Bale will not even be nominated.

Ledger's Joker is one of those performances that the Academy loves to reward, and the public loves to applaud, because it screams "look at me I'm acting".

Like most folk, I had heard those reviews of Ledgers performance. The last 2 reviews I've read though say Christian Bale steals the show.

He's excellent also.

It's better than Spiderman, Spiderman 2 and Batman Begins.

Watched Batman Begins last night for some reason I didn't think I had seen it but by the end of it I am sure I had but anyway as soon as I seen the Joker card I really started looking forward to it.

It looks like it is going to be by far the best marvel comic movie.

I usually wait until movies are out on Dvd before watching them but I think I may have to make an exception with The Dark Night.

On a seperate note what does everyone think of the first four Batman films? I thought they were good but lacked that something that Batman Begins has.

Just back from seeing it and it was awesome.

The best comicbook film I've seen, it separates itself from the other comicbook films in that its not so predictable and cheesy.

Brilliant performance by all of the cast, the Joker was an amazing character to watch, superby written and astoundingly acted.

I can't remember watching the 1989 batman but I'm going to dig it out to see Jack Nicolsons portrayal.

10/10 for me, this film delivers.

Watched Batman Begins last night for some reason I didn't think I had seen it but by the end of it I am sure I had but anyway as soon as I seen the Joker card I really started looking forward to it.

It looks like it is going to be by far the best marvel comic movie.

I usually wait until movies are out on Dvd before watching them but I think I may have to make an exception with The Dark Night.

On a seperate note what does everyone think of the first four Batman films? I thought they were good but lacked that something that Batman Begins has.

The first four were really good. I've always liked them.

What Batman Begins has that they dont though, is that action film feel. The others feel like comic films, bright colours, almost cheesy. Begins was dark, and much more of a serious action movie. Watched it last night too and cannot wait until tonight.:)

Do The Dance

Batman and Batman Returns are the only old Batman films worth watching at all - IMO of course.

Really looking forward to this Batman film, will def be there over the weekend.

Batman and Batman Returns are the only old Batman films worth watching at all - IMO of course.

Really looking forward to this Batman film, will def be there over the weekend.

They are the best of the old ones, but the other two are pretty decent IMO.

jamboinglasgow

just back from it, absolutly amazing. Heath Ledgers protrayal of the joker is amazing as is christian Bale as Batman and Arron Eckhart as Harvey Dent. I was tempted to watch it on the internet when it came out last week but so glad I waited and watched it at the cinema (though really want to know what its like on an IMax)

The first four were really good. I've always liked them.

What Batman Begins has that they dont though, is that action film feel. The others feel like comic films, bright colours, almost cheesy. Begins was dark, and much more of a serious action movie. Watched it last night too and cannot wait until tonight.:)

Yeah that's it.

I wasn't tto sure how to explain it well but they just don't feel like top blockbuster movies compared to Batman Begins and Dark Night.

Was pretty good, but far too long. Seems like film editing's a lost art these days and that each successive blockbuster is trying to out-do the last one!

jamboinglasgow
Do you have to have seen the other Batman films to enjoy the Dark Knight?!

you dont have to but i would recomend Batman begins, it gives a great story for the creation of batman and leads into the dark knight nicely.

loveofthegame
you dont have to but i would recomend Batman begins, it gives a great story for the creation of batman and leads into the dark knight nicely.

cheers mate

Say What Again

I went to see The Dark Knight last night.

Must say, I was very disappointed.

I thought it was going to be a documentary about Sir Trevor McDonald.

HYPE

I think you need to check your definition of "hype". :rolleyes:

Saw it last night at the Cameo; wasn't expecting much, but thought it was brilliant. Best film I've seen this year.

Don't get me wrong, it was watchable enough if a little OTT, but it's, Batman FFS. It really shows what a low the film industry is experiencing that there is so much hysterical pant wetting over an above average action film. The fact that Sir Heath the druggy is brown bread has only fired up the hype to even more mind boggling levels.

**SPOILER**

Anyone else *****e themselves when that body smashed into the window? I jumped out my seat!

Just watched it. Pretty good, not as good as Batman Begins IMO.

Plus Jack Nicholson played a better Joker for me.

Ledger was good, but he was basically playing the stereotypical Alan Rickman over acting style baddie.

;)

A Boy Named Crow

I thought he Joker was played in a very Johnny Depp stylee - nothing wrong wit that mind, just the way I saw it. The film is superb, best I have gone out to see in ages!!! there are certain scenes that you really need to be in the cinema for too.

Was looking forward to this in ages but wasn't all that impressed in the end. While Batman was in need of going onto more serious ground after the sh**e that was pumped out in the late '90s, I think it tried a bit hard to be taken seriously considering it's a film about a man dressing up as a bat chasing a man dressed up as a clown.

The only thing I have a problem with.

How daft is Batman's voice?

Indeed. Did my nut in.

If Bale can't put on a menacing voice without sounding that much like a tool then he obviously ain't a very good actor :P

Ledger as the Joker was unreal. Every second he was on the screen was a treat to watch.

Archived