Vladimir Romanov jets in for Hearts summit on new players

Dr. Bapswent

Dr. Bapswent

Apology's if this is already posted, couldn't see anything on the first page.

VLADIMIR ROMANOV is preparing to fly to Hearts' German retreat to discuss potential new signings with coach Csaba Laszlo.

The Jambos owner, who has sacked seven managers in three-and-a-half years, has promised to sit down with the new boss in Wiesbaden after watching Kaunas in the Champions League this week.

It is the second time both men have come face-to-face since Laszlo stepped into the Tynecastle hot seat three weeks ago and the coach is not afraid of the meeting. He said: "I met Mr Romanov for a short time and we will make decisions together.

"He will come here for talks and we will try to make the club successful like before.

"Mr Romanov knows 100 per cent what the situation is with this team. When we talked before he didn't say to me, 'You must take this team straight to first place'.

"He wishes we could be in first place but he is realistic.

He knows that for us the important thing is to have a team that can qualify for the UEFA Cup next season.

"Mr Romanov has opinions about the football, as does any owner of a football club.

"I have been in football for a long time and I have 100 per cent control over everything.

"I have a very clear mind - but before we do anything I'd like to talk with the owner."

Laszlo has already had a big effect on the Edinburgh outfit, despite suffering two defeats to Glentoran and Dunfermline in pre-season friendlies.

The former Ugandan national boss thinks he has already put smiles on the faces of his squad as they prepare to face a Rheingarten select team tonight. He said: "Every player wants to play the old English style - kick and run - but I want to change that attitude.

"I want responsibility on the field. It's not enough for me to have players who kick the ball and then wait.

"You must know what to do when you don't have the ball."

Drylaw Hearts
"Mr Romanov has opinions about the football, as does any owner of a football club.

"I have been in football for a long time and I have 100 per cent control over everything.

"I have a very clear mind - but before we do anything I'd like to talk with the owner."

This bit in particular is encouraging.

This bit in particular is encouraging.

Yep, and hopefully the kind of "consultative with owner" attitude that Romanov will respect.

The Old Tolbooth
think we will see some signings very quickly after this meeting

Fingers crossed, anything has got to be better than what we already have.

Be careful what you wish for John...

(cue disparaging remarks about "Liths", East European no-marks etc etc etc):P

200milesfromgorgie

Benji? Shiels? Jones? Hogg? Nish? McCann? Kerr...and wait for it...Donalson?

Chad Sexington

I've got a sneaky wee feeling that Nicalau from ICT will sign for us soon.

No inside info, just a hunch.

:)

Billy the Jambo
Please don't remind me of that again.

One of my top 3 darkest-days since Vlad arrived.

One of mine as well Bednar should have pummeled the little tw@ to within an inch of his life .Now that would have been worth watching

Bednar is a big girls blouse. He's huge and has all the threat of cinderella. Vlad could knock 10 bells out of him.

Good news on the summit tho, hopefully Csaba has a list of players he wants and Vlad will get his finger out and sign them. Or is that wishful thinking?

rossthejambo
I've got a sneaky wee feeling that Nicalau from ICT will sign for us soon.

No inside info, just a hunch.

:)

i would love it if true but im pretty sure i read somewhere he was away to dinamo bucharest for a massive 400k :sad:

Quote:

QUOTE=Drylaw Hearts;394753]This bit in particular is encouraging.

Agreed DH - I also found the following encouraging too "Every player wants to play the old English style - kick and run - but I want to change that attitude.

I want responsibility on the field. It's not enough for me to have players who kick the ball and then wait.You must know what to do when you don't have the ball."

The problem is however that all your players must have good basic skills and confidence to play that game. We have a few that will struggle to adapt. That of course is leaving aside those in the stands who have little patience with the more "studied" approach to the game who, in frustration will either boo or resort the time honoured bellow " FFS get it up the park".

A bit of a learning curve beckons for many methinks.

Buffalo Bill

I have 100 per cent control over everything.

Proof enough for me until proven otherwise.

Buffalo Bill

Geoff Kilpatrick

Hope Vlad doesn't have a "Barbosa list" or, even worse, a "pyramid list" with him.

Disclaimer: Unless of course said lists include players of the quality of Jankauskas and Fyssas.

That of course is leaving aside those in the stands who have little patience with the more "studied" approach to the game who, in frustration will either boo or resort the time honoured bellow " FFS get it up the park".

Good point, mate, Csaba might need to do some classes with certain sections of the support as well as the players!! I didn't renew my ST last year and was hell bent against getting one this year, but I have to admit, the more quotes I read from Csaba the more encouraged I am to throw caution to the wind and get down to the ticket office.

Buffalo Bill

Valdas and Frail used to say that they picked the team. The other supplicants were too cowardly to even speak to the fans (other than wanting some Russian team to beat Celtic). Burley was sacked in part because he played Skacel rather than Miko.

So words from the latest manager - who I had never heard of until a week or so ago - mean little to me. Actions will speak a lot louder.

I don't understand why Hearts dropped the 'full responsibility for the first team' bit from the January 1st statement. They could clear up some of this speculation (other than on VR changing his mind) if they were to put a statement from Campbell Ogilvie with that on the website.

Buffalo Bill
Valdas and Frail used to say that they picked the team. The other supplicants were too cowardly to even speak to the fans (other than wanting some Russian team to beat Celtic). Burley was sacked in part because he played Skacel rather than Miko.

So words from the latest manager - who I had never heard of until a week or so ago - mean little to me. Actions will speak a lot louder.

I don't understand why Hearts dropped the 'full responsibility for the first team' bit from the January 1st statement. They could clear up some of this speculation (other than on VR changing his mind) if they were to put a statement from Campbell Ogilvie with that on the website.

Fair doos.

But what do you mean by "they dropped the 'full responsibility for the first team' from the January 1st statement bit" ?

Buffalo Bill

Buffalo Bill

So Chervenkov, Korobochka and Koslovski on behalf of Vlad won't have any input, I will be delighted but reckon I'll win the lottery before that happens. If Csaba has more control than many of his predecessors since Burley I'd be surprised

Guest JamboRobbo

I just hope it isn't Kaunus ****e we get as usual. :P

Guest JamboRobbo
Fair doos.

But what do you mean by "they dropped the 'full responsibility for the first team' from the January 1st statement bit" ?

Buffalo Bill

Come on, you were there in the same meetings as me where they told us Vlad wasn't interfering in team selection. We now know he was.

It'll take a long time before I trust their word again. And rightly so. Actions, not words, are what will convince me.

Buffalo Bill
Come on, you were there in the same meetings as me where they told us Vlad wasn't interfering in team selection. We now know he was.

It'll take a long time before I trust their word again. And rightly so. Actions, not words, are what will convince me.

Indeed, and i agree with you but for the fact that meeting was in 2006.

I asked about a statement relating to Jan 1st 2008.

Buffalo Bill

Buffalo Bill
So Chervenkov, Korobochka and Koslovski on behalf of Vlad won't have any input, I will be delighted but reckon I'll win the lottery before that happens. If Csaba has more control than many of his predecessors since Burley I'd be surprised

He says he has full control of the team.

I don't know he can prove that to you unless you shadow him at work for a couple of weeks.

How does he prove it?

Should he have to?

Buffalo Bill

Guest JamboRobbo

Buffalo Bill

Point being, their words are worth the square root of f all. As we've already seen for ourselves.

Dr. Bapswent
He says he has full control of the team.

I don't know he can prove that to you unless you shadow him at work for a couple of weeks.

How does he prove it?

Should he have to?

Buffalo Bill

I think for some he would have to open his veins and bleed maroon blood while chanting I hate Romanov for some people to be satisfied.

Buffalo Bill

In the search for a manager statement from January 1st the following bits were included which were dumped from the 'introduce the manager' stuff on the club statements when Laszlo was announced.

- work with Frail

- preferably experience of British football

- full responsibility for the first team

Guest JamboRobbo
I think for some he would have to open his veins and bleed maroon blood while chanting I hate Romanov for some people to be satisfied.

Whereas others are so gullable they just believe anything he tells them.

"You've stopped interfering oh great one". Lovely. I believe you. Even though you told me the same thing numerous times before, and it was a lie every time.

Dr. Bapswent

"You've stopped interfering oh great one". Lovely. I believe you. Even though you told me the same thing numerous times before, and it was a lie every time.

No. Thats nonsense.

What an incredibly childish and naive view.

...or simply for time to pass and actions to happen which back up the words to establish they are not empty rhetoric

To be fair I dont see anyone in violent opposition to Csaba, or even anyone suggesting they arent keen to see how it all pans out with him

The consequences and mistrust generated by neglect of 30 months cant be wiped out in 12 days

Guest JamboRobbo
...or simply for time to pass and actions to happen which back up the words to establish they are not empty rhetoric

Exactly, not that the Dr's post was childish and niave in any way of course.

rossthejambo

its not about being gullable and believing everything he says. its about being a little bit optimistic.

after what i've heard from csaba i believe he has 100% control over team matters. the transfers could be a different story but so far i've heard nothing to believe anything other than csaba has complete control of the playing squad.

surely that should be enough.

Chad Sexington

What utter pish. :sad:

You obviously believe anyone without the same level of bitter cynicism as you is a simpering idiot.

It says more about you than anyone else tbh.

Sorry JR but there are still many on JKB that will defend Vlad, will see no mistakes, no problems, no debt, no bottom 6 finish, no crap players, no removal of our star players - even though all that has happened and even though Vlad is 100% responsible and has interfered very much since Burley left and WILL do so again, probably Friday 8th August the fax machine will be switched on again.

Dr. Bapswent

To be fair I dont see anyone in violent opposition to Csaba, or even anyone suggesting they arent keen to see how it all pans out with him

The consequences and mistrust generated by neglect of 30 months cant be wiped out in 12 days

Exactly, but no-one can make time pass quicker.

And its therefore only fair to give him the benefit of the doubt, not assume its likely to be wrong before a chacne has been given.

Guest JamboRobbo
its not about being gullable and believing everything he says. its about being a little bit optimistic.

after what i've heard from csaba i believe he has 100% control over team matters. the transfers could be a different story but so far i've heard nothing to believe anything other than csaba has complete control of the playing squad.

surely that should be enough.

enough for what? to convince you? Clearly it is.

For my part, I've heard it all numerous times before over the past couple of years, it turned out to be blatant and deliberate lies on every occasion, and I think it's perfectly reasonable to reserve judgement until I see actions not words.

To do otherwise would be incredibly niave IMO.

Dr. Bapswent
Exactly, not that the Dr's post was childish and niave in any way of course.

Oh honestly, take your bitter and twisted crusade somewhere else...jeez.

rossthejambo
Sorry JR but there are still many on JKB that will defend Vlad, will see no mistakes, no problems, no debt, no bottom 6 finish, no crap players, no removal of our star players - even though all that has happened and even though Vlad is 100% responsible and has interfered very much since Burley left and WILL do so again, probably Friday 8th August the fax machine will be switched on again.

i haven't seen one person defend vlad on this thread. all iv seen is people actually believing that csaba has control over the side.

you're trawling up the same arguement that gets brought up every time there is a positive thread about hearts. its getting really pathetic tbh. is it that difficult to have a bit of optimism about the season or has everyone got to be completely negative and cynical from the off?

Guest JamboRobbo
What utter pish. :sad:

You obviously believe anyone without the same level of bitter cynicism as you is a simpering idiot.

It says more about you than anyone else tbh.

It should be read in context. It was a response to Dr B's post

which was equally scathing of those who don't express non stop blind niave gullable optimism. I think it was a fair reply.

rossthejambo
enough for what? to convince you? Clearly it is.

For my part, I've heard it all numerous times before over the past couple of years, it turned out to be blatant and deliberate lies on every occasion, and I think it's perfectly reasonable to reserve judgement until I see actions not words.

To do otherwise would be incredibly niave IMO.

clearly.

funnily enough i've heard it all before too. and yes there have been lies but, unlike you, im willing to let him have one more shot at coming good.

you're not really reserving judgement though are you? you're already criticising the system before its even off the ground.

and its naive :rolleyes:

Buffalo Bill

I certainly don't see myself in that statement.

I just read the words that Csaba relays to heartsfc.

To answer my own question in a previous post: the proof will be in the pudding.

But until results happen, we can either be optimistic or pessimistic.

I know where I am there.

Buffalo Bill

Guest JamboRobbo
Oh honestly, take your bitter and twisted crusade somewhere else...jeez.

You had the first swipe Dr B. Maybe you could take your bitter and twisted crusade somewhere else?

Guest JamboRobbo
clearly.

funnily enough i've heard it all before too. and yes there have been lies but, unlike you, im willing to let him have one more shot at coming good.

as am I.

you're not really reserving judgement though are you? you're already criticising the system before its even off the ground.

Feel free to show where.

and its naive :rolleyes:

indeed it is.

Dr. Bapswent
You had the first swipe Dr B. Maybe you could take your bitter and twisted crusade somewhere else?

First swipe?

When, 2006?

If your referring to my earlier post, I beleive i said 'for some....' and you take that as a personal reference?!?!

Jeez.

You realy must have a persecusion complex, or be totally paranoid to react in such a way.

You dont need to be the defender of all things negative, it will get along just fine without someone championing its cause.

I dont care if people agree, or not, it just doesnt ever need to get personal.

rossthejambo
as am I.

Feel free to show where.

indeed it is.

having re-read it wasn't you who was criticising. apologies :cool:

Guest JamboRobbo
First swipe?

When, 2006?

If your referring to my earlier post, I beleive i said 'for some....' and you take that as a personal reference?!?!

Jeez.

As did everyone who replied to my post, which didn't refer to anyone person in particular either.

Quote:

QUOTE=Drylaw Hearts;394753]This bit in particular is encouraging.

Agreed DH - I also found the following encouraging too "Every player wants to play the old English style - kick and run - but I want to change that attitude.

I want responsibility on the field. It's not enough for me to have players who kick the ball and then wait.You must know what to do when you don't have the ball."

The problem is however that all your players must have good basic skills and confidence to play that game. We have a few that will struggle to adapt. That of course is leaving aside those in the stands who have little patience with the more "studied" approach to the game who, in frustration will either boo or resort the time honoured bellow " FFS get it up the park".

Said the same on another thread.Patience is needed by everyone including the fans.This guy is trying to change the way we play for the better but it won't happen over night.

Archived