COMPETITION: Design a new JKB logo

Ulysses

With about 24 hours to go to the competition entry deadline, we have received designs from the following 17 members:

B00MT00N

BRY

chis101

Cigaro

crazy_jambo_suz

dunciboyjambo

Eastender

h-e-a-r-t-s

jambo1998

Juanimator

kjc2006

Morry

ordinary guy

Peanut

sp&cp

Wanless2007

Wee Jamboree

Thanks to all of you for entering the competition. If anyone else wants to submit a design, time is running out.

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply
With about 24 hours to go to the competition entry deadline, we have received designs from the following 17 members:

B00MT00N

BRY

chis101

Cigaro

crazy_jambo_suz

dunciboyjambo

Eastender

h-e-a-r-t-s

jambo1998

Juanimator

kjc2006

Morry

ordinary guy

Peanut

sp&cp

Wanless2007

Wee Jamboree

Thanks to all of you for entering the competition. If anyone else wants to submit a design, time is running out.

Erm...... aint you missing someone Ulysses ?

I was reading through a gallery of our 18 entries, when I suddenly realised that we had, ahem, 18 entries. :whistling:

With only a little while to go to the deadline, we've had 18 entries from:

B00MT00N

BRY

chis101

Cigaro

crazy_jambo_suz

dunciboyjambo

Eastender

h-e-a-r-t-s

jambo1998

Juanimator

kjc2006

Le Chat

Morry

ordinary guy

Peanut

sp&cp

Wanless2007

Wee Jamboree

We've also had one entry from a member who joined just after the deadline set in the rules. We originally rejected the entry, but we've had an appeal and we'll decide on that later this evening.

Thanks to all who submitted designs. The competition is still open for entries until Sunday evening at 6 pm. I'll post an update on Sunday evening.

We have 19 entries from:

B00MT00N

BRY

chis101

Cigaro

crazy_jambo_suz

dunciboyjambo

dwross1973

Eastender

h-e-a-r-t-s

jambo1998

Juanimator

kjc2006

Le Chat

Morry

ordinary guy

Peanut

sp&cp

Wanless2007

Wee Jamboree

The deadline is in a little over 4 hours.

This is almost as exciting as the transfer window...

Given that we're unlikely to see any transfer activity, this is about as exciting as it gets. Looking forward to seeing the entries though. :)

so what one has won????

None of them yet. We've received 19 entries, some of them very recently. We're reviewing them and we'll post an update as soon as we can.

We will also post the entries shortly. In the meantime, we would ask competition entrants not to post their entries. The rule is that there is an embargo on posting designs on the board until the competition entry deadline has passed. Even though the embargo is now over, we would still be grateful if competitors would leave it to us to publish the entries.

WE MUST KNOW

We've narrowed down the choices, and we're close to making a decision.

What we plan to do is to showcase all of the entries - leaving the winning entry until the end.

I'll post an update as soon as possible.

We've narrowed down the choices, and we're close to making a decision.

What we plan to do is to showcase all of the entries - leaving the winning entry until the end.

I'll post an update as soon as possible.

Could we do a vote on the entries or would not work?

Could we do a vote on the entries or would not work?

We've said that the management team will judge the entries and decide on the winner, and that's what we plan to do. But if we find it difficult to choose between a number of entries, we could have a poll on a shortlist of designs. At the moment I don't think this will happen, but we'll know better tomorrow.

While there are some designs that stand out as potential winners, I would say that the overall standard of entries shows quite a lot of creativity among the members. Regardless of the result, all of the entries will be showcased on the board.

Seymour M Hersh
We've said that the management team will judge the entries and decide on the winner, and that's what we plan to do. But if we find it difficult to choose between a number of entries, we could have a poll on a shortlist of designs. At the moment I don't think this will happen, but we'll know better tomorrow.

While there are some designs that stand out as potential winners, I would say that the overall standard of entries shows quite a lot of creativity among the members. Regardless of the result, all of the entries will be showcased on the board.

Are the bookies still taking bets?:rolleyes:

Are the bookies still taking bets?:rolleyes:

Sorry for the delay in replaying. I was on the phone to my contacts in the Far East. ;)

OK, the management team have arrived at a decision. But we're not going to just tell you, because that would be too easy.

Over the next few hours, we're going to post all of the entries. The winning entry will be announced last. Before that the other entries will be posted, but the order of posting will be random and won't reflect how well the designs fared in the judging.

From sp&cp

spandcp.jpg

Think the reflection looks a bit like 80 graphic designers trying a bit hard to be 'hip'.

Without the reflection this one is the best I think.

At least it has some colour.

I assume the decision makers are not only judging between the four new designs, but also comparing them to the old one, because if none are any better, we shouldn't change.

dunciboyjambo

I'm excited...I'm glad mines is not one of the first out as it keeps me going for a wee bit longer!! :)

I assume the decision makers are not only judging between the four new designs, but also comparing them to the old one, because if none are any better, we shouldn't change.

Hi poppet,

You have to read the words as well as looking at the pictures.

Ulysses

:mw_tease:

Guest JamboRobbo
Okay then Mr Graphics critic. Where's your entry? :P

that would involved contributing. Criticising others is Dr Bapswents forte.

Hi poppet,

You have to read the words as well as looking at the pictures.

Ulysses

:mw_tease:

Your right.

Missed that.

Phew, glad that means none of these designs is the winner.

that would involved contributing. Criticising others is Dr Bapswents forte.

Rudimentary typing error in the first sentence. First sentence starts with a lower case letter. Apostrophe missing in second sentence. Full stop for title abbreviation missing in second sentence.

Tsk tsk, must try harder. :mw_tease:

Anyway, folks, can you please leave this thread on topic? Cheers.

Guest JamboRobbo
Rudimentary typing error in the first sentence. First sentence starts with a lower case letter. Apostrophe missing in second sentence. Full stop for title abbreviation missing in second sentence.

Tsk tsk, must try harder. :mw_tease:

excellent point

We want more

We want more

I like all the ones so far and are all much better than anything I could do. :)

Archived