East Fortune airshow

red21

Coming up this weekend - anyone been before? Considering taking the kids along - no sure how easy it is to get in/out - would imagine the traffic might be a bit of a nightmare given the wee roads around that area?

North Berwick Jambo
Coming up this weekend - anyone been before? Considering taking the kids along - no sure how easy it is to get in/out - would imagine the traffic might be a bit of a nightmare given the wee roads around that area?

Its well worth the effort mate its a great day out, the roads are not that bad but i suggest taking the coast road early & heading into East Fortune from North Berwick.

I live right underneath the flight display path just across the field from the Air Museum & every year i invite a few friends & family round for a wee airshow BBQ & after party that goes on well into Sunday. Hopefully the weather will be better than last year! ;)

Cheers Crawf

PS.. Here is a wee video that i took last year of the Eurofighter arriving in the rain, turn it up for added effect ;)

Guest jambomickey

it's a great day for the kids mate

I P Knightley

Cheers Crawf

PS.. Here is a wee video that i took last year of the Eurofighter arriving in the rain, turn it up for added effect ;)

That's some machine, there. Video doesn't do justice to the sound, and more spectacularly, the manoevrability that you witness when seeing it 'live'.

Air shows are great and the hangar displays at East Fortune are not bad for a diversion between acts. If they've got any nous, the East Fortune cookies will lay on bouncy castles, candy floss stalls and all sorts of other 'attractions' to get your kids to pester you to part with your bawbees.

Edit: and a beer tent for Daddy!

From Edinburgh A1 to Abbots View Junction@Haddington,slip road and roundabout onto old A1 nowA199 2 miles turn left well signposted

Be early or be stuck.Alternative A1 Bankton Junction@Tranent follow North Berwick signs .Turn left @Drem station follow railway on your left and turn right then follow signs for 1 mile

Archived