David Healy (merged threads)

Makween

tartofmidlothian

As much as I like to see absolutely anything going on that gets it right up either half of the OF, it seems that Healy's actions were designed to perpetuate the cycle of d*ckishness that is sectarianism in football. Or associate him with Gazza in everyone's mind.

But not going to start moaning about it, Celtic are plenty good at that themselves. Hopefully we'll see this story fade from the back pages some time around March.

Does that mean that all fans of Scottish clubs who have been subjected to random 'sniping' and singing of songs in support of 'banned organisations' in N Ireland can also run to the footie authorities in Ireland when it suits them ?

No ? Thought not.

Every tme I read about the oppressed Sellick masses I think about that line from The Commitments : the Irish are the blacks of Europe. But in this case , the Glasgow E Enders are so rooted in the past they can't see beyond 1690.

Celtic fans are ****. They wind him up and he responds and then they are all up in arms about it.

Some of the clubs need to come out and say what they really think and perhaps defend their player a bit more. Wouldn't it be good if Fulhams response was along the lines of "our player reacted to chanting from the Celtic fans and whilst we don't condone his behaviour we understand it. In addition some of the chanting and gestures made from the Celtic fans were bordering on disgraceful and they shoudl really get their own house in order before complaining about the actions of others. we have reported the chanting and gestures to UEFA"

Spot on Makween. :sad:

It's also disgusting to note that staunchly pro-sellik Nhil Bhy Mhouth have seen fit to stick their oahr in. :mad: :mad: :mad:

doctor jambo

CEltic fans dish out sectarian related abuse to player

Player responds is silly manner

Daily record blames player

NO condemnation of the Celtic fans

Seems like it was the Old Brigade that started with all the nonsense to me, yet our neutral media vilify the player

Lovely

Geoff Kilpatrick
CEltic fans dish out sectarian related abuse to player

Player responds is silly manner

Daily record blames player

NO condemnation of the Celtic fans

Seems like it was the Old Brigade that started with all the nonsense to me, yet our neutral media vilify the player

Lovely

I listened to the podcast of Stephen Nolan's show on Radio Ulster today. It was confirmed by a Septic fan from Lurgan who phoned in that Septic fans were indeed singing sectarian songs and shouting abuse at Healy who then responded. To be fair, the said Septic fan said that they regarded it as banter, nothing more.

Sounds like the Daily ****** being happy to sensationalise a story like this to sell papers while condemning it at the same time. Hypocrites.

Walter Payton

Personally I can't see any difference between Healy making "flute" gestures and Boruc wearing a "God bless the Pope" T-Shirt. Both could argue a defense that their actions weren't necessarily motivated to cause trouble, but both were equally obviously on the windup. If Healy gets punished in anyway, they should reopen the book on Boruc.

Jam Tarts 1874

For me this sorry episode just demonstrates that despite all the lipservice of the bhoys against bigotry campaign etc etc, both sides of the divide in Glasgow are as bad as ever, I really wish Romanov would just ban both sets of these ****bags from Tynecastle.

Healy should be hammered for this.

Shocking behavior by a self confested Rangers fan, knew what he was doing.

Walter Payton

Why is it shocking? I'm shocked that somebody mimicing playing the flute upsets so many people, especially when those seem people are happy to mimic shooting the guy or happy to suggest he was marching on the 12th just because of the country of his birth.

doctor jambo

Yep, he was responding to bigotted filth being spewed at him from the stands, and gave some back

The fans caused the problems

MAybe those other fans around them should have dobbed them in to the police - problem sorted even before it began

Playing a flute is not sectarian, neither is playing in a flute band

The Mighty Thor

The thing that staggers me in all this is the incredible levels of stupidity being shown all round.

Thick Celtic fans shout sectarian abuse at a player (they're not alone in that. Thick Rangers fans do it too, funnily enough so do thick Hearts fans)

Thick footballer replies with a gesture which was sectarian in its intent.

Thick and lazy media hacks report this as a major incident.

A big well done to all concerned for perpetuating a running sore in Scottish society. One sometimes has to have a reality check that it is indeed the 21st century.

Another point of comedy is the irony of the govan road west 'Hearts' boys getting their knickers in a twist about the Celtic fans playing the victims. You couldn't make it up.

It's also disgusting to note that staunchly pro-sellik Nhil Bhy Mhouth have seen fit to stick their oahr in. :mad: :mad: :mad:

:rofl::biggrin:

Personally I like a bit of Jethro Tull and don't see what all the fuss is about. I know some people don't like prog rock but they really need to chill out a bit.

This is almost as bad as when Crawford Baptie provoked outraged by playing the solo from Comfortably numb on Air Guitar after securing a draw against St Johnstone.

NoseLikeMahe

All football fans do mock outrage when it suits them - including Jambos.

Be honest, you've done it yourself :)

Denny Crane
Personally I like a bit of Jethro Tull and don't see what all the fuss is about. I know some people don't like prog rock but they really need to chill out a bit.

This is almost as bad as when Crawford Baptie provoked outraged by playing the solo from Comfortably numb on Air Guitar after securing a draw against St Johnstone.

Its when he started doing See Emily Play that really made me mad.

Guest JamboRobbo

Giving it out? Giving what out exactly? Is that the mini huns jumping on the easily offended bus now is it. How predictably hypocritical. :rolleyes:

Buffalo Bill

What the hhell: this is fhun.

GIVE ME AN H...

Buffalo Bill

haha poor Makween just noticed he has become a fallen comrade

stick in Makween mate and you will be back before long

I am now 4 weeks and suspension free

a gift for you mods :rose::rose: for keeping me suspension free

xxxx

Guest jambomickey

that's my pet hate! fans giving a player pelters and then when the player reacts those same fans go running to stewards and police, if you can't take it don't give it

Rudolf's Mate
The thing that staggers me in all this is the incredible levels of stupidity being shown all round.

Thick Celtic fans shout sectarian abuse at a player (they're not alone in that. Thick Rangers fans do it too, funnily enough so do thick Hearts fans)

Thick footballer replies with a gesture which was sectarian in its intent.

Thick and lazy media hacks report this as a major incident.

A big well done to all concerned for perpetuating a running sore in Scottish society. One sometimes has to have a reality check that it is indeed the 21st century.

Another point of comedy is the irony of the govan road west 'Hearts' boys getting their knickers in a twist about the Celtic fans playing the victims. You couldn't make it up.

Well said now I think this thread has run it's course!

Boab Mugabe

If Boruc wears a 'God Bless the Pope' shirt (which make no mistake, was intended to bam up the Rangers fans and succeeded) then Healy's actions should also be fair game if we're taking these as acts of celebrating culture and no more. Football fans seem to have become a big load of mincers these days. :(

Vhictim FC's **** mentality has been shown up though, and I expect no less from Nhil Bhy Mhouth. As anti-Rangers an organisation as you'll ever find.

Guest JamboRobbo
Football fans seem to have become a big load of mincers these days. :(

I agree. Moaning just cause a goalie wore a t-shirt. How mincy can you get? :rofl:

Hammered for what?

It's not as if he threw on an Orange sash, whapped out a flute and started playing 'Derrys Walls', following up with multiple Red Hand salutes.

Sake, get a grip.

What a load of pesh.

Yes Healy was stupid but once again, the greatest fans in the world are absolutley blameless.

Their guy does soemthing daft and that's all it is, a player who they have bated for a period of time does something daft and they pull the old "poor persecuted catholics" t-shirt out the cupboard.

They're a shower of hypocrytical sc um bags.

I've said it before. If they're that intent on revelling in their Irishness, why not just go there and leave us in peace.

Perhaps he was just advising them that he spent the day listening to his new James Galway CD??

Just a thought...........:ph34r:

Stupid Sexy Flanders
I agree with K1874M's view that "The fact that people get offended by it is more stupid than the action". I suspect you agree.

So if a Catholic Celtic player who is on the end of some sectarian 'banter' at Tynie decides to cross himself I take it you will also agree that "The fact that people get offended by it is more stupid than the action" :rolleyes:

I would. I think it's hilarious when their fans cross themselves "at" us, as if we're meant to be offended by it. I point and laugh.

The first thing that I thought when I saw the story was that the people highlighting the story (the media, Nil by Mouth) are helping let it spiral by talking about it.

If Nil by Mouth had come out and said that Healy had the intellect of a five year old for doing what he did, and the people who were offended by it are equally stupid, then stories like this would hopefully just die away.

Unfortunately it'll take much longer for the attitudes to die, but ignoring thins like this rather than highlighting them would be a step in the right direction.

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

I'm struggling to think of anything in the world I care less about than flutes, David Healy, Northern Ireland etc. and what Celtic and Rangers fans think or do about that.

One of the most boring threads ever.

Guest gorgie kev

Oh dear,are you at the wind up?What bout when the EHast EHd MHanks EHleven play at ibrox how many of the thurds cross themselves?Take boruc with his god bless the phope t-shirt(should have been shot)little rhat.But of course he got off with that little stunt and the papers made hee haw of it.I say more power to healys elbow ;)

That's because the English media don't deem a musical instrument as a sectarian symbol.

Would there have been the same outrage if he had gestured a drum ?

By the way (as they would say over there in the West) the Irish Republican FLUTE bands have flutes within they're ranks :confused:

It's a sad indictment of Scotland and Scottish Football all the fuss that has been made over this incident.

A comment in the papers i found strange was that "Healy was apparently mimicking an Orange Flute":th_Yawn: Do the Republicans not have flute bands as well?

What I wanna know is why the fact he's a self-confessed Rangers fan has anything to do with it.

I'm not a Rangers fan, but I'd give them any stick I could if they were chucking it my way.

jambo walesy

Most Celtic fans at this game probably didn't give a toss.

All the ones i've spoken to just see it as a bit of banter.

It's just the uneducated bampots that really care.

Archived