Celts v Gers and who'll finish third........

Clerry Jambo

Has us down as 8th and the Vermin 3rd. Think that says it all about that site.

Also if you read the section about Hearts, it comes across as very bitter.

Drylaw Hearts

Celtic and Utd at the moment.

Also......

Hibs to finish 3rd ?

Oh please.

:)

Probably Celtic to win. Id love to say Hearts for 3rd, but unless there are drastic improvements on last season Im not that optimistic. Doubt Motherwell will do anywhere near as well as last season, so Im with the OP with Utd for the 3rd spot.

I think my favourite prediction ever was season 2005/06 when Jim Mclean said Dundee United would finish 3rd, followed by Hibs and then us. :)

You find some keech Clerry!:P Patronising stuff on Hearts, as usual.

Lets get intae these feckers Hearts!!!

no way the hobos will finish third. If Laszlo gets time and a striker(s) we may surprise some people, Think it may be between Dundee Utd and us for third - second may also be on the cards as the old infirm seem not to be streets ahead..:hobofish:

i go to alot of united games with the gf, and just cant see it happening for them this season. they started drawing alot of games towards the end of the season and didnt look like they could score. saying that some wayne feeney guy theyve signed scored a hat-trick against raith. bareing in mind hibs drew 0-0 with them kinda shows hibs wont be finishing anywhere near 3rd.

gf bought us tickets for the barca game on saturday so ill be able to see for myself the new look united. in return im dragging her through to the hearts motherwell game ;)

Drylaw Hearts
We'll finish an easy third this year.

Easy 3rd ???

Is this you being optomistic rather than honest again ?

Nucky Thompson
Easy 3rd ???

Just a gut feeling:)

Celtic

Rangers

Dundee United

Hearts -

Aberdeen -

Hibs - These four in almost any order

Motherwell -

Kilmarnock

Falkirk

St.Mirren

Hamilton

Inverness

If we don't serious add to the first team (see I didn't say squad!!) I wouldn't be surprised with another bottom six finish and all this slavering about an EASY third place finish, come on! I know we're all more optimistic now Shabba is in but some bloody reality please!!

IMO at the moment we need 5 or 6 new first team players before we can even entertain the thought of finishing 3rd this season!

Easy 3rd ???

Deluded is the word that comes to mind.

Harry Palmer

I want us to win the league, otherwise what is the point?

However, I realise that anything better than last year would be an improvement with top 6 a minimum requirement. If achieved, then we could take the next step of European qualification. And then....?!

The Old Tolbooth

I think United will be too strong for everyone else in the race for third, I'd be happy with 4th this season to be honest.

Hibs will be lucky to be top 6 with the fat turnip hied in charge!

I think United will be too strong for everyone else in the race for third, I'd be happy with 4th this season to be honest.

Hibs will be lucky to be top 6 with the fat turnip hied in charge!

With fourth guaranteed a Euro spot its a good target,John.

Is third too optimistic?Maybe.

The Old Tolbooth
With fourth guaranteed a Euro spot its a good target,John.

Is third too optimistic?Maybe.

I would definitely aim for 3rd or higher, but if we fall into 4th spot it wouldn't be a bad season, given the dross we've suffered for the past 2 seasons.

I like what CL has done at Utd and think they might be too strong for us this season, but as long as we get back on track then it's all I care about really :)

I would definitely aim for 3rd or higher, but if we fall into 4th spot it wouldn't be a bad season, given the dross we've suffered for the past 2 seasons.

I like what CL has done at Utd and think they might be too strong for us this season, but as long as we get back on track then it's all I care about really :)

Seconded.

Just some fight in their bellies would be good and,i suppose,would push us upwards.I'm not convinced United will tie up third though.

yvonnejambo

I reckon Celtic, Rangers, Dundee Utd, Hearts.

Think Aberdeen will be back down bottom 6 where they belong and Kilmarnock will be much better (well couldnt get worse). Motherwell will be 4th or 5th

The Wicker Man

Both Motherwell and Dundee Utd appeared from nowhere last season with very little investment.

Having a new manager can make a big difference to a struggling club.

If Csaba can get us playing to a system that the players are comfortable with - 3rd would be very realistic.

hinksikensi

Rangers

Celtic

Hearts

Dundee utd

Aberdeen

Motherwell

Falkirk

Kilmarnock

Inverness

St Mirren

Hamilton

leef tramps

shaun.lawson
Has us down as 8th and the Vermin 3rd. Think that says it all about that site.

Also if you read the section about Hearts, it comes across as very bitter.

What does it say, JamboSean? Sportingo is written by fans: anyone can write for them, indeed. If you don't like it, why not pen a piece for them yourself in which, no doubt, you place us 3rd and them 8th? Except you'd probably regard the latter as much more realistic, because you're a Hearts fan. You're biased. Just like the writer of this piece is biased. Just like any fan is biased!!!

And, among non-Hearts fans, scepticism and cynicism about our chances will probably be the norm. This is only natural, and it's up to us to prove people wrong - never mind that barely a fortnight ago, many of us had ourselves down for 8th or worse anyway!

What does it say, JamboSean? Sportingo is written by fans: anyone can write for them, indeed. If you don't like it, why not pen a piece for them yourself in which, no doubt, you place us 3rd and them 8th? Except you'd probably regard the latter as much more realistic, because you're a Hearts fan. You're biased. Just like the writer of this piece is biased. Just like any fan is biased!!!

And, among non-Hearts fans, scepticism and cynicism about our chances will probably be the norm. This is only natural, and it's up to us to prove people wrong - never mind that barely a fortnight ago, many of us had ourselves down for 8th or worse anyway!

bang on.

Jambothroughandthrough

My opinion....

Championship going to the wire again.

Someone will keep within striking distance of the big two for a good while.

Three horse race for third between Hearts, Dundee Utd and Aberdeen.

Falkirk to break into top six.

And take your pick from Kilmarnock, Hamilton and Inverness for the drop.

My opinion....

Championship going to the wire again.

Someone will keep within striking distance of the big two for a good while.

Three horse race for third between Hearts, Dundee Utd and Aberdeen.

Falkirk to break into top six.

And take your pick from Kilmarnock, Hamilton and Inverness for the drop.

I certainly hope we are in the mix for third JT&T.

By the way, when are you and Roughie back on with the football Phone-in?:)

I want us to win the league, otherwise what is the point?

However, I realise that anything better than last year would be an improvement with top 6 a minimum requirement. If achieved, then we could take the next step of European qualification. And then....?!

I agree with all of the above.

There are too many teams happy just to be taking part with zero ambition. To be champions should be our goal, but given our performance last season we can look at finishing in europe as being a really good improvement.

If we achieve fourth place the aim should be too strengthen again and aim for the sky. If we fail (which is extreamly likely I admit) then fair enough but at least give it a go.

By the way I think we will finissh 4th.

shaun.lawson

Still early days. But at this point, I'd say:

1. Rangers

2. Celtic

3. Dundee United

4. Heart of Midlothian

5. Aberdeen

6. Falkirk

7. Motherwell

8. Hibernian

9. Kilmarnock

10. St Mirren

11. Inverness Caledonian Thistle

12. Hamilton Academical

There`s alot being made about Dundee Utd on here, why?

Yes, i expect them to be challenging for third again but i don`t think they are certainties.

Hearts deserve all the flak for a miserable season last year, but on ocassion we still showed we have quality in the ranks that is better than DU, Aberdeen and others.

We suffered hugely from inconsistency from certain players and a shambles that was the management set-up.

We do need to weed(not the smoking type:rolleyes:) but we also have some good players at the club who will flourish under good guidance.

yvonnejambo

Dundee Utd will keep getting better because of the good management structure and the respect CL has over the team and from above. His work ethic shows and many other teams ours included need to be doing something similar.

Yes, i expect them to be challenging for third again but i don`t think they are certainties.

Hearts deserve all the flak for a miserable season last year, but on ocassion we still showed we have quality in the ranks that is better than DU, Aberdeen and others.

We suffered hugely from inconsistency from certain players and a shambles that was the management set-up.

We do need to weed(not the smoking type:rolleyes:) but we also have some good players at the club who will flourish under good guidance.

Guest jambomickey
Dundee Utd will keep getting better because of the good management structure and the respect CL has over the team and from above. His work ethic shows and many other teams ours included need to be doing something similar.

we be back 3rd this season! i think the powers that be at tynecastle now know where they went wrong and i think we have stability this season, and everything coming from the new manager so far is positive:107years:

Clerry Jambo

I expect Dundee Utd to be third because I think they now have a decent squad not just first 11 and have a good manager. They have had a bit stability now for a couple of seasons under Craigie and I just don't think any other side will be as strong over the course.

Us, well you know my thoughts Debut.......we are coming from a long way back and although things have been a bit more positive lately, it couldn't get any worse though could it!!

A couple of nice signings would certainly aid our chances of getting back to top 6 - bit sad though!

Nucky Thompson

A couple of nice signings would certainly aid our chances of getting back to top 6 - bit sad though!

Even after the shambles of last season we were only one game away from making the top six:confused: We would make the top six this season without any new players:cool:

Guest jambomickey
Even after the shambles of last season we were only one game away from making the top six:confused: We would make the top six this season without any new players:cool:

agree with you mate! we got some decent players already

Dundee United are looking pretty good up front with Feeney, Hunt and the new boy from Valencia, Francesco Sandaza.

celtic to win, it'll be close but i think they will

rangers second,

^officials being a huge part in this of course^

definately with the signings levein has made, and his management skills, dundee utd will come 3rd

hearts could challenge again for 3rd, or even second, it would take alot, but burley turned the team around, inherited a pretty average squad and added a few names, dont see why shabba cant (unlikely, but possible), however, with hearts is a fecking lottery as usual. things are looking up though! for now...

Archived