Released Players/Matt Doherty

Magic Numbers

Magic Numbers

Hi guys,

Does anyone know who we have released this summer from the academy etc, I know about Pinilla obviously & I see Eddie Mearns has joined Dundee. Just wondered who else had gone. Had heard rumours about Ross Hamilton & a couple of others.

Also, who has been playing with Matt Doherty's Wiki page!!!

Playing position: SUB! Height 3 foot 11!

AND a glowing reference from someone in the know...

"Matthew has recently been released by hearts but irish side glentoran have shown interest after he played impressively in the second half in the recent umbro cup clash. He also scored a goal in training into banksy (steve banks)and hit a great left foot pass across field"

Some ****** has been messing around with a few players Wiki pages. Check Berra's:

Christhophe Berra's most famous quotes- 1-how many quarters in a basketball match. 2-it was sivy john!!!3- sivy i dont suit my bald head. stab me please.4- im the best looking in the spl. favourite nightspots. 1-cc blooms. 2-ego 3-shanghai

Some ****** has been messing around with a few players Wiki pages. Check Berra's:

Looks like the abuse you'd get from a teammate...

Hearts of Vladland
Haha, the U19s have been messing around with the Wikis.

:laugh:

Togetherness having a laugh changing player's wikiepia pages :laugh:

Hearts of Vladland

International

Berra made his international debut as a substitute, on May 30, 2008 in Scotland's 3-1 friendly match defeat to the Czech Republic at the AXA Arena in Prague where he was so bad the fans were begging for andy webster to recover from his nightmare!!!

Jam Tarts 1874
Hi guys,

Does anyone know who we have released this summer from the academy etc, I know about Pinilla obviously & I see Eddie Mearns has joined Dundee. Just wondered who else had gone. Had heard rumours about Ross Hamilton & a couple of others.

I am pleased to see Mearns finding a good club. I think he was very unfortunate to be released after some very impressive performances in the reserves. I particularly recall him having a very good game against Sno of Celtic despite the ref allowing Sno to kick lumps out of Mearns, he is a genuine prospect.

A victim of Frail/Korobotcha's lack of judgement and the ridiculous number of midfielders at the club. I am sure he will learn alot from Colin Cameron and I hope he has a successful career.

Guest jambomickey
I am pleased to see Mearns finding a good club. I think he was very unfortunate to be released after some very impressive performances in the reserves. I particularly recall him having a very good game against Sno of Celtic despite the ref allowing Sno to kick lumps out of Mearns, he is a genuine prospect.

A victim of Frail/Korobotcha's lack of judgement and the ridiculous number of midfielders at the club. I am sure he will learn alot from Colin Cameron and I hope he has a successful career.

agree with you mate! i think mearns deserved to be kept at tynecastle

agree with you mate! i think mearns deserved to be kept at tynecastle

I could run around a park for 90 mins fouling everyone and getting booked, it doesnt mean im worth a deal

Tbh I agree with the club on this, not a bad player but far too much aggression as opposed to ability and skill

Will he be a decent footballer? probably

will he be a decent SPL level footballer - I doubt it

That aside he makes riordan look like a peace keeper :)

Guest jambomickey
I could run around a park for 90 mins fouling everyone and getting booked, it doesnt mean im worth a deal

Tbh I agree with the club on this, not a bad player but far too much aggression as opposed to ability and skill

disagree with you! watched the young lad loads and never once seen him bottle a 50 50 tackle! how many can you say that about in the first team?

Eddie Mearns obviously played like he meant it, unlike some of the performances from some first teamers last season and he`s a Hearts fan too i believe.

Maybe the lad deserved a game last season? we could have done with a bit of agression.

Eddie Mearns obviously played like he meant it, unlike some of the performances from some first teamers last season and he`s a Hearts fan too i believe.

Maybe the lad deserved a game last season? we could have done with a bit of agression.

Not sure he deserved a 1st team game but he certainly should not have been released.He has improved every year.He was a standout for the reserves at the seasons end.A 2 year deal to see if he could take the next stage in his career would have been the sensible option.

I got the feeling Frail and Murray were going to release him no matter how he played.His performance against Hibs reserves was a good a performance as i have seen from any reserve player.Annoys me to see him treated like he has when you see how Elliot is treated by Frail and Murray.

Jam Tarts 1874

You are talking absolute mince! :mad:

You have obviously never seen the lad play. Your comments about Mearns fouling and getting booked does not tie up with the facts or anything I saw during the whole of last season, why are you such and idiot? :wacko:

You are talking absolute mince! :mad:

You have obviously never seen the lad play. Your comments about Mearns fouling and getting booked does not tie up with the facts or anything I saw during the whole of last season, why are you such and idiot? :wacko:

Can someone confirm how many red/yellow cards he got last season then?

Tbh any time I saw him as commited as he was it verged on being an animal, If I recall correctly one reserve derby in particular saw him lose it.

Decent enough player but was never going to have the temprament, or at least control of it to play at this high a level, in fact I think it could be a reason he will never be anything other than a junior/semi pro player long term

Archived