downloading live radio on a Mac... anyone?

ArmiyaRomanova

ArmiyaRomanova

Tonight live on Radio Grenouille (I know, I know) in Marseilles there's interviews and a live concert from Tuxedomoon. Probably starting about 9.30-10pm our time.

http://www.grenouille888.org/dyn/

I've found the live radio link - top right of the screen "ecouter le live", and have no problem playing/streaming it with Quicktime or RealPlayer - but how would I go about downloading it, maybe in an mp3 format - using a Mac.

Anyone figure out how to do this?

The only ways i know to do this are witha minidisc / cd recorder into the back of your amp or using 2 PCs. If you have a laptop and desktop, get some free recording software from filehippo and connect one of the other.

There is a bit of freeware that will record anything you play including streaming. Unfortunately I am at work and my Mac is at home. So I can't remember what it is called.

It might work if you install something like audacity on your pc. Then you'll need to connect red / black jacks to the back of your amp and into your mic in socket.

Do you have a jack to phono cable?

theres loads of programs out there that will record live streams, the best of which is probably total recorder. it will record everything playing through your sound card (no need for any cables, but just make sure you mute ever program that makes any noises as these will be picked up in the recording), its a piece of p*ss to use.

theres loads of programs out there that will record live streams, the best of which is probably total recorder. it will record everything playing through your sound card (no need for any cables, but just make sure you mute ever program that makes any noises as these will be picked up in the recording), its a piece of p*ss to use.

That sounds about a million times better than my lame suggestions.

ArmiyaRomanova

Great stuff - thanks, sort of....

Couldn't find a Mac version of total recorder, so I've downloaded StreamRipperX for Mac...

but I can't get it to find the radio station I'm looking for, or indeed any radio station..... I can sense several frustrating hours ahead....

i dont think streamripperx will work for what you want to do.

ive got audacity for xp and after playing about with it there for a few minutes it can do exactly what you are looking for, assuming it works the same for a mac as it does a pc.

give it a download and ill post a few screenshots of what you need to do to record a live stream.

ArmiyaRomanova
i dont think streamripperx will work for what you want to do.

ive got audacity for xp and after playing about with it there for a few minutes it can do exactly what you are looking for, assuming it works the same for a mac as it does a pc.

give it a download and ill post a few screenshots of what you need to do to record a live stream.

Actually managed to get StreamRipperX working through iTunes - it seems to be doing exactly what I need, though I haven't checked it out on a lengthy section - seems to be OK for the ten minutes or so I've test recorded thus far.

Only flaw seems to be that if I can't save each live track as an individual MP3 while the show's recording - SRX seems to get rid of the non-current recording.

HUGE thanks for the pointer there... first time I've tried to get to grips with new software, however basic, in a while.

Currently enjoying a pre-show interview with the band....

Only flaw seems to be that if I can't save each live track as an individual MP3 while the show's recording - SRX seems to get rid of the non-current recording.

just record the whole show as one track, there is loads of software out there that can then split the show in to individual tracks. the program i use is called mp3 direct cut, it opens up the audio file and you select where you want to split the file in to its individual tracks, really easy to use.

ArmiyaRomanova

Cheers for the advice, jvm32, just recorded the whole concert without a problem, so now I'll need to check out some software for breaking up the single 1hr 35m mp3.

Archived