Livingston track Elliot and Basso

Mid Calder Jambo

Mid Calder Jambo

The Livingston management team were at Dunfermline on Wednesday to run the eye over some of our players. I know someone who works in the hotel that the Livingston management team and players/trialists are staying in. This person regularly speaks to the management team about football in general and they were asking his opinion of Elliot and Basso.

Now my source was at every Hearts game last season and is a family member so pretty reliable. Personally I think that Elliot would have found his level if he went to Livingston, a bit like Wyness, who was a good Division 1 player but never Premier quality. Basso well anywhere other than hearts would do me. Lets see what develops.

Drylaw Hearts

I would imagine they'd have very disappointed that neither Elliot or Basso played on Wednesday then ?

i would imagine Basso's wages would be a huge stumblimg block..

Plus (tin hat time) i dont think he is that bad a keeper.

to add to this Livi have just released there only keeper and had a french trialiist in goals yesterday

Please let it be true, an awful keeper

to add to this Livi have just released there only keeper and had a french trialiist in goals yesterday

He played well at Fester v Hobos - the 1-1 game. Made a blinding save from Fletcher.

Chad Sexington

Agreed.

I'm a bag of nerves every time he plays.

He's capable of great saves but equally capable of ludicrous howlers that even Zibbi would be ashamed of.

Time to go.

Stupid Sexy Flanders
i would imagine Basso's wages would be a huge stumblimg block..

Plus (tin hat time) i dont think he is that bad a keeper.

Agreed, don't think he is a bad keeper at all. I couldn't believe he was blamed for that goal at Killie, when he played a simple pass to Neilson, who fell on his arse!

Ryan Gosling

Livi have new Italian owners who could front slightly higher wages. There may be truth to this.

Imeantasong
The Livingston management team were at Dunfermline on Wednesday to run the eye over some of our players. I know someone who works in the hotel that the Livingston management team and players/trialists are staying in. This person regularly speaks to the management team about football in general and they were asking his opinion of Elliot and Basso.

Now my source was at every Hearts game last season and is a family member so pretty reliable. Personally I think that Elliot would have found his level if he went to Livingston, a bit like Wyness, who was a good Division 1 player but never Premier quality. Basso well anywhere other than hearts would do me. Lets see what develops.

And he gave glowing reports I hope?

still to be proved/disproved if he is a decent goalie -- needed 5/6 games in a row to see if he could challenge as number one --- we still need another goalkeeper though as number one -- I'm not sure I have enough faith in McDonald and Banks age means he is never getting better just steadily worse.

Think i remember him being quoted as being on a fairly high wage.

Better lose the epense and go with Banks and McDonald.

Think i remember him being quoted as being on a fairly high wage.

Better lose the epense and go with Banks and McDonald.

?7,000 a week according to the EEN a couple of weeks ago :wacko:

?7,000 a week according to the EEN a couple of weeks ago :wacko:

In that case, get him punted asap.

No way will he be going to Livi if that's true.

Ryan Gosling
In that case, get him punted asap.

No way will he be going to Livi if that's true.

But his agent owns them. I'm sure some dodgy deal would be wrangled.

But his agent owns them. I'm sure some dodgy deal would be wrangled.

I guess you never know.

7k a week????? Goddammit Vlad, what the hell goes on in that head of yours? :sad:

Chad Sexington
I guess you never know.

7k a week????? Goddammit Vlad, what the hell goes on in that head of yours? :sad:

Best not to think about that. :eek:

Ryan Gosling
I guess you never know.

He sounds like a Mindaugas signing.

He sounds like a Mindaugas signing.

He sounds like a titanic waste of money, whoever signed him.

When added to the Beslija, Makela, Jose G, Neil McCann money the club also spent, it really is quite startling.

He's on nowhere near ?7k a week -- this was a figure his agent asked for in contract negotiations to extend his contract.

His current deal is less than half that and he has 1 more year to run.

Remember the club he came from and his prev clubs -- no way were they paying high salaries to reserve goalkeepers.

still to be proved/disproved if he is a decent goalie -- needed 5/6 games in a row to see if he could challenge as number one --- we still need another goalkeeper though as number one -- I'm not sure I have enough faith in McDonald and Banks age means he is never getting better just steadily worse.

I've read several times that some people don't have a great deal of faith in McDonald. I'm wondering why this is?

The only answer I can think of is that he is an unknown quantity at the top level but the same could be said of Gordon when he made his debut.

The guy could be great or he could be a disaster. We'll never find out until we give him some game time.

rudi must stay
Agreed.

I'm a bag of nerves every time he plays.

He's capable of great saves but equally capable of ludicrous howlers that even Zibbi would be ashamed of.

Time to go.

made 1 mistake mate. From a Hartley free-kick that swerved like crazy and i'd imagine many keepers would make. Would keep him tbh

Basso's hellish.

His mistake against Celtic, and his hellish 'headless chicken-esque' run out at St Midden aren't forgotten. Punt him to Livi with Fat Clum.

Chad Sexington
made 1 mistake mate. From a Hartley free-kick that swerved like crazy and i'd imagine many keepers would make. Would keep him tbh

He had a howler at Love Street as well mate.

He's pish.

rudi must stay
He had a howler at Love Street as well mate.

He's pish.

on his debut. Course he's going to be nervous, we didn't lose though

Chad Sexington
on his debut. Course he's going to be nervous, we didn't lose though

Haha.

It's irrelevant if it was his debut and if we lost or not.

He's supposed to be a pro footballer. It was only a game against St Midden, not Milan at the San Siro. :)

Bottom line is, he make me nervous when he's in goals.

And I bet his defence feels the same.

Punt him.

rudi must stay
Haha.

It's irrelevant if it was his debut and if we lost or not.

He's supposed to be a pro footballer. It was only a game against St Midden, not Milan at the San Siro. :)

Bottom line is, he make me nervous when he's in goals.

And I bet his defence feels the same.

Punt him.

or even Celtic at the Parkhead. where he had a blinder. Tbh i feel nervous now when Banks is in goals he isn't the same keeper as he was 2/3 years ago which is why we need to give guys like Basso atleast a chance

Chad Sexington
or even Celtic at the Parkhead. where he had a blinder. Tbh i feel nervous now when Banks is in goals he isn't the same keeper as he was 2/3 years ago which is why we need to give guys like Basso atleast a chance

I think we'll have to agree to disagree on this one mate. ;)

Like I said earlier, he is capable of great saves but I always have the nagging feeling that the next Makalambi moment is never far away.

I'm not saying Banks is the answer either though...too small for my liking.

I'd actually like to see Csaba bring someone in.

Don't forget Kilmarnock away's (the first time) efforts. Total bomb scare.

rudi must stay
Don't forget Kilmarnock away's (the first time) efforts. Total bomb scare.

and the second time when he kept us in the match by himself. Sure he's made mistakes every keeper does, but he's had a few great games which suggest he has a future here

Charlie-Brown
and the second time when he kept us in the match by himself. Sure he's made mistakes every keeper does, but he's had a few great games which suggest he has a future here

As Jamie MacDonald appears to be going to the Germany training camp and not Basso then I'd say his future prospects at Hearts aint looking too great at this moment in time.

rudi must stay
As Jamie MacDonald appears to be going to the Germany training camp and not Basso then I'd say his future prospects at Hearts aint looking too great at this moment in time.

yeah but that's got nothing to do with football imo, just that he mouthed off to Romanov about that new contract

:laugh: Just read that Livi's new 'keeper has packed it in after 6 days.

Once he'd toured the McArthur Glen and Almondvale Centres, he realised what a sh*thole he'd moved to.

When he averages a howler every two games I couldn't care if he was Cruikshank reincarnate every second game.

Awful 'keeper, get rid.

Johanes de Silentio

According to the BBC Radio Scotland website, 'an unnamed French Goalkeeper' played the first half in a Livi friendly at at the weekend.

Basso?

Al.

Basso had an excellent game in the 'must win' versus Kilmarnock just prior to the split last season. We were rank that day and he made save after save. Then he was booted out as a 'contract rebel' despite being another of those players with more than a year to go.

I think he has faults as a goalie, but I would rather see him in the goals than Banks.

As for MacDonald, I know that people state on here that he is 6ft 1 - but he doesn't look that on the pitch!

Jam Tarts 1874
Basso had an excellent game in the 'must win' versus Kilmarnock just prior to the split last season. We were rank that day and he made save after save. Then he was booted out as a 'contract rebel' despite being another of those players with more than a year to go.

I think he has faults as a goalie, but I would rather see him in the goals than Banks.

As for MacDonald, I know that people state on here that he is 6ft 1 - but he doesn't look that on the pitch!

Basso rather than Banks?! aye right! Once again allowing your anti-Romanov agenda cloud your judgement.

I have watched Basso lots in the reserves last season, he is not up to standard and only has his agent and his inability to command the confidence of his defenders to blame for his departure. His mistake in the 1-1 with Celtic last December summed him up.

Basso rather than Banks?! aye right! Once again allowing your anti-Romanov agenda cloud your judgement.

I have watched Basso lots in the reserves last season, he is not up to standard and only has his agent and his inability to command the confidence of his defenders to blame for his departure. His mistake in the 1-1 with Celtic last December summed him up.

Will you post your Private Fraser picture again? I like it.:)

I haven't seen Basso in the reserves. In the first team he has made a few mistakes - in his first year in the SPL.

Banks is a journeyman - as his career shows - and he never suggests that he is capable of the big saves which Basso can make. He makes fewer mistakes than Basso though. I think we need to sign a goalkeeper. But if we don't then I would prefer to see Basso in goals for us.

That is all irrespective of the nonsense contract dispute.

The Wicker Man

Rumour on Talk 107 - Basso was fighting with another player and has been dumped by Csaba.

Archived