221.jpg

STIFF LITTLE FINGERS

STIFF LITTLE FINGERS

PLUS SUPPORT

Sunday 5th October 2008

Doors 7pm

?14.00 + Booking Fee

Over 18s only

Tickets available from Tickets Scotland 0131 220 3234 and Ripping Records 0131 226 7010 / www.ticketweb.co.uk / www.ticketmaster.co.uk

hi there fingers fans. the fingers are playing liquid rooms sunday 5th oct

221.jpg

STIFF LITTLE FINGERS

STIFF LITTLE FINGERS

PLUS SUPPORT

Sunday 5th October 2008

Doors 7pm

?14.00 + Booking Fee

Over 18s only

Tickets available from Tickets Scotland 0131 220 3234 and Ripping Records 0131 226 7010 / www.ticketweb.co.uk / www.ticketmaster.co.uk

Jake Burns, Bruce Foxton, who is the drummer and im sure i read somewhere Henry Cluney was back in the line up, can you confirm.

ps. this should be in the Shed.

Bugsy Siegel
Jake Burns, Bruce Foxton, who is the drummer and im sure i read somewhere Henry Cluney was back in the line up, can you confirm.

ps. this should be in the Shed.

Bruce Foxton left over 2 years ago, it's back to the origonal bassist Ali McMordie.

Always a top gig, Nelly Terraces got your ticket if you read this!!

Bruce Foxton left over 2 years ago, it's back to the origonal bassist Ali McMordie.

Always a top gig, Nelly Terraces got your ticket if you read this!!

that magic, is jim reilley the drummer, or is it Dolph, i seen them at the Barrowlands on st pats day a few times, what a gig.

Go for it.

Bugsy Siegel
that magic, is jim reilley the drummer, or is it Dolph, i seen them at the Barrowlands on st pats day a few times, what a gig.

Go for it.

Drummer is a guy called Steve Grantley, Dolph left about 3 years ago I think.

slf99.jpg At the end of '96 Dolphin Taylor left the band, due to family and business obligations. The new drummer was Steve Grantley, who some will remember as the drummer for Jake Burns and the Big Wheel. Ian McCallum joined permanently on guitar, balancing SLF tours with solo recordings and performances. SLF released the studio album, Tinderbox,in '97 and toured extensively throughout that year to promote it.

Stiff Little Fingers released the studio album Hope Street,in two different formats in 1999. The UK release on EMI is packaged with a special The Best Of AllCD, containing remastered classic cuts from the band's entire back catalogue. The North American release on King Biscuit/Oxygen includes a second live CD, from the Newcastle Riverside concert from September '98. Said Jake Burns, "'Last Train From The Wasteland' (on Hope Street) is the first optimistic song I have ever written about Belfast, while Hope Street the album is generally more optimistic than people have given us credit for in the past."

In 1999 also SLF released a live CD of all new live material, titled Handheld and Rigidly Digital, available exclusively on this Web site and at SLF gigs. Much of the material was recorded at a special Hope Street Premier Party held in London, at which the band played over two hours of new songs, rarities, plus all the favorites.

In August 2003, Stiff Little Fingers released their ninth studio album, Guitar and Drum, which includes a moving tribute to Joe Strummer, entitled "Strummerville".

slf2006.jpg

Left to right: Ian McCallum, Steve Grantley, Jake Burns, Ali McMordie

In 2006, Bruce Foxton left Stiff Little Fingers amicably, and original bassist Ali McMordie returned after 15 years. Response from the fans has been tremendous.

Though focused on their new material, they always play the old favorites at gigs. Jake said, "You have to strike a balance. The difficulty with a band like ourselves is to try not make it sound like a cabaret band. Obviously, it'd be very easy to go, 'Hey, here's another old one you may remember.' A lot of the old songs the audience greet like old friends....I suppose it's the same as any band that's been around for any length of time....And yes, there are nights that we don't particularly want to play "Alternative Ulster" or "Suspect Device" because we've heard them 'til they're coming out our ears. But there's always the possibility that somebody out there has never seen the band before, never heard them."

Copyright ? 1996-2008 Stiff Little Fingers

Suspect Device

I shall be in attendance, look out for a fat baldy bloke jumping on you :eek:

top gig :)

(ps i believe The Damned are playing the Liquide Rooms on Dec 6th also)

slf99.jpg At the end of '96 Dolphin Taylor left the band, due to family and business obligations. The new drummer was Steve Grantley, who some will remember as the drummer for Jake Burns and the Big Wheel. Ian McCallum joined permanently on guitar, balancing SLF tours with solo recordings and performances. SLF released the studio album, Tinderbox,in '97 and toured extensively throughout that year to promote it.

Stiff Little Fingers released the studio album Hope Street,in two different formats in 1999. The UK release on EMI is packaged with a special The Best Of AllCD, containing remastered classic cuts from the band's entire back catalogue. The North American release on King Biscuit/Oxygen includes a second live CD, from the Newcastle Riverside concert from September '98. Said Jake Burns, "'Last Train From The Wasteland' (on Hope Street) is the first optimistic song I have ever written about Belfast, while Hope Street the album is generally more optimistic than people have given us credit for in the past."

In 1999 also SLF released a live CD of all new live material, titled Handheld and Rigidly Digital, available exclusively on this Web site and at SLF gigs. Much of the material was recorded at a special Hope Street Premier Party held in London, at which the band played over two hours of new songs, rarities, plus all the favorites.

In August 2003, Stiff Little Fingers released their ninth studio album, Guitar and Drum, which includes a moving tribute to Joe Strummer, entitled "Strummerville".

slf2006.jpg

Left to right: Ian McCallum, Steve Grantley, Jake Burns, Ali McMordie

In 2006, Bruce Foxton left Stiff Little Fingers amicably, and original bassist Ali McMordie returned after 15 years. Response from the fans has been tremendous.

Though focused on their new material, they always play the old favorites at gigs. Jake said, "You have to strike a balance. The difficulty with a band like ourselves is to try not make it sound like a cabaret band. Obviously, it'd be very easy to go, 'Hey, here's another old one you may remember.' A lot of the old songs the audience greet like old friends....I suppose it's the same as any band that's been around for any length of time....And yes, there are nights that we don't particularly want to play "Alternative Ulster" or "Suspect Device" because we've heard them 'til they're coming out our ears. But there's always the possibility that somebody out there has never seen the band before, never heard them."

Copyright ? 1996-2008 Stiff Little Fingers

Glad too see Ali back in the band, i seen them at the playhouse during the go for it tour, and i also seen them at the odeon think it was the inflammable material tour ( might have been The Hanx Tour) its that long ago my mind cant quite recall now, but it was at the Odeon.

The playhouse gig for Go For It Tour, I'm sure it was a band called The Piranhas that were the support band ? had a song called tom hark at the time.

Were you at any off these gigs.:)

Suspect Device
Glad too see Ali back in the band, i seen them at the playhouse during the go for it tour, and i also seen them at the odeon think it was the inflammable material tour ( might have been The Hanx Tour) its that long ago my mind cant quite recall now, but it was at the Odeon.

The playhouse gig for Go For It Tour, I'm sure it was a band called The Piranhas that were the support band ? had a song called tom hark at the time.

Were you at any off these gigs.:)

Odeon could well have been the Nobodies Heroes tour (my first gig around 79-80 :))

was at the Playhouse for the Go For It tour also :)

get yourself a ticket and join in the fun - drinking will start early as its a Sunday !

Odeon could well have been the Nobodies Heroes tour (my first gig around 79-80 :))

get yourself a ticket and join in the fun - drinking will start early as its a Sunday !

i think i will go, ill see my brother he is also a fan.:)

PsychocAndy

First band I ever saw they were supporting The Tom Robinson band at the Odo circa 1978.

Disclaimer not homophobic but what a shock to find out Tom Robinson was gay. they had just released 2468 motorway and my mate Mutley begged me to go honest.

• 2 weeks later...
dodethejambo
I shall be in attendance, look out for a fat baldy bloke jumping on you :eek:

You go about jumping on other blokes :wacko:

I have a bootleg copy of that gig on cassette, (now if only i had a cassette player) :sad:

Suspect Device
You go about jumping on other blokes :wacko:

only if I like them ;)

I have a bootleg copy of that gig on cassette, (now if only i had a cassette player) :sad:

would love to hear that - you'll have to do some jiggery pockery and get it on CD :)

you and the troops be up for a bit of a sesh ? :booze::Agree:

dodethejambo
would love to hear that - you'll have to do some jiggery pockery and get it on CD :)

you and the troops be up for a bit of a sesh ? :booze::Agree:

If you/anyone have any idea where you can get that done as I dont have any jiggery's or pockery's kicking around.

I think I will be up or a couple of shandies (not pear) ;)

Archived