Ugandan in talks to be Hearts No.2 (merged threads)

adam1998

Scotsman reporting Ugandan no2 as assistant to Csaba-(I know it's been mentioned a while back and Work permits may be an issue-who knows??)

http://sport.scotsman.com/football/Ugandan-in-talks-to-be.4306367.jp

HEARTS are in talks with Ugandan coach Jackson Mayanja to become assistant manager to Laszlo Csaba. Csaba took charge at Hearts earlier this month and 39-year-old former player Mayanja last night revealed he is in negotiations to be his No.2.

Mayanja ? commonly known as Mia Mia in his homeland ? has managed the Uganda Under 21s and home teams KCC FC and URA FC as well as assisting Csaba in managing the national team. He is regarded as the best Ugandan footballer of all time and is keen on a move to Scotland.

Mayanja said: "I got several phone calls from Hearts FC officials yesterday but I am not allowed to comment further. I don't want to confirm the move yet but I can assure you I am ready for the new challenge."

rumbles1874

well we know csaba would wont to bring in his own guys as well as work with people who is at the club.

chester copperpot
Say what you see.

A bit more?

Jeez, you should have Roy from Catchphrase in your avatar (cant remember his last name)

Edit- Walker, just remembered.

A bit in the Star about him this morning and it says he is regarded as the greatest Uganda player ever.Not too sure how good that made him as a player or how good a coach he would be of course.

The fact that Shabba is being allowed to bring his own people in with him is good news.

It shows that there has been a re-think on the footballing side to a certain extent.

The fact that Shabba is being allowed to bring his own people in with him is good news.

It shows that there has been a re-think on the footballing side to a certain extent.

:) That's what I thought too, this might of course just be lazy journalism.

I'm sure someone at Hearts said his assistant would definately not be Ugandan :confused:

Has Csaba met Romanov yet?

Has Csaba met Romanov yet?

Yeah, he met with him early last week.

Certainly before the Dunfermline game.

Yeah, he met with him early last week.

Certainly before the Dunfermline game.

Cheers, I hope this possible assistant's appointment has been run past VR and he has given VR a list of what we urgently need -(Striker etc...) :pray:

Dr. Bapswent

http://www.football365.co.za/story/0,22162,14287_3844855,00.html

Former Uganda international Jackson Mayanja is in talks with Scottish club Hearts to become the assistant coach of the club.

The move was triggered by Hearts new coach Laszlo Csaba who worked with Mayanga when he was in charge of Uganda.

Laszlo could soon have another familiar face joining him after reaching an agreement with Ugandan midfielder David Obua.

Mayanja said: "I have had several phone calls from Hearts FC officials but I'm not allowed to comment further.

"I don't want to confirm the move yet but I can assure you that I'm ready for the challenge."

Mayanja manages Uganda's under-21 side, had spells in charge of KCC FC and URA FC before assisting Laszlo with the national team.

Posted: 20/07/08 20:06

Can't see how he would get a work permit.

As he is not a player then I assume the usual stuff about 75% of appearances for country in top 70 countires etc. doesn't apply.

How then would one go about getting a work permit to employ a Ugandan in a normal job?

Dirk Diggler

Aye I read that today.

Looks like he's on his way here.

Good to see Csaba is getting the man he wants and hopefully it will signal the end of Cervenkovs involvement.(If he is still at Hearts:confused:)

Dirk Diggler

As he is not a player then I assume the usual stuff about 75% of appearances for country in top 70 countires etc. doesn't apply.

How then would one go about getting a work permit to employ a Ugandan in a normal job?

Don't think it applies.

Or does it?

I remember a Brazilian named Maximo Maximo Maximus or something managing Livi.

?

That's what I mean re it not applying. He will still have to get a work permit as he is outside the EU but what are the criteria as they won't be the same as a playing footballer.

hopefully it will signal the end of Cervenkovs involvement.(If he is still at Hearts. i some how dont think so as he is travelling to germany aswell.

Gigolo-Aunt

Good to see he is being allowed to bring in his own man as his sidekick.

Another positive step if this all goes though.

Dirk Diggler
hopefully it will signal the end of Cervenkovs involvement.(If he is still at Hearts. i some how dont think so as he is travelling to germany aswell.

Considering this guy hasn't signed on the dotted line, I'd have guessed Cervenkov would have made the flight today.

Hopefully Germany will be his last involvement.

Only a Game
Don't think it applies.

Or does it?

I remember a Brazilian named Maximo Maximo Maximus or something managing Livi.

?

I dare say we'll have to go through some sort of appeals procedure for him too.

They dont go handing out WP's to any Tom Dick or Harry who wants to work in the UK or the country would be full of Toms, Dicks and Harrys

Only a Game
Considering this guy hasn't signed on the dotted line, I'd have guessed Cervenkov would have made the flight today.

Hopefully Germany will be his last involvement.

Has he not been appointed officially as reserve team coach for the season ?

Drylaw Hearts
Good to see he is being allowed to bring in his own man as his sidekick.

Another positive step if this all goes though.

Agreed.

It does appear that for the first time since Burley that a Manager is getting to do things his way.

Yeah, it's a good question, and one that I've thought about before. For example, while some may well have EU citizenship, there have been many coaching appointments, from Ivan Golac to Malofeev to Felipao...and possibly even Laszlo (given the restrictions on Hungarian and Romanian labour), that have made me wonder how hard it is for a club to make such an appointment. Not very, I suspect.

i couldnt agree more mate. also i was told today all the coaches are impressed with shabba they have been told that all the teams must play the same style of football.

Dirk Diggler
Has he not been appointed officially as reserve team coach for the season ?

I have no idea. On reflection, yes, it rings a bell.

I do know he has been involved with the first team recently though.

I hope that ends.

Gigolo-Aunt
Agreed.

It does appear that for the first time since Burley that a Manager is getting to do things his way.

It does seem like that.

All these positive steps add up. I am delighted by this change of attitude in the way we seem to be running the club.

The new manager is talking a very good game.

The new manager in the little time he has been here has brought more discipline with the training regimes.

The new manager has already brought in a player (work permit pending) that he has no doubt identified.

Looks like he could also get his man as assistant.

The communication from the official site has been first class as well.

All basics, but its basics we have been without for too long a period.

Really looking forward to the new season.

Only a Game
I have no idea. On reflection, yes, it rings a bell.

I do know he has been involved with the first team recently though.

I hope that ends.

This is where the Csaba "I will consult everyone and we are in this together" mallarkey becomes a bit of a worry.

Hopefully he realises that Cervenkov is a clueless diddy who knows as much about football as you could write with a felt tip pen on the bollox of a very small ant.

Hopefully he realises that Cervenkov is a clueless diddy who knows as much about football as you could write with a felt tip pen on the bollox of a very small ant.

you have got a great way with words. lol ;):107years:

Archived