Penicuik V Hearts U19 (merged threads)

Charlie-Brown

Charlie-Brown

Where in Penicuik do Penicuik Athletic play?

They host Hearts U19's this afternoon at 2.30pm kick off.

It's only 10 mins up the road so I might go watch for an hour or so if someone can help me find out where Penicuik play their home games?

Any help much appreciated. :)

stirlingshirejambo

they play in what was the old public park directly off jackson Street behind the Old Mill Inn.

Neat wee ground

Dirk Diggler
Is there parking available anywhere nearby?

Mate, It's Penicuik.

Just put it in someones drive.

Mate, It's Penicuik.

Just put it in someones drive.

And ask them to put the kettle on for your return.

Is there parking available anywhere nearby?

Be sure to lock all your doors and windows on the car mate

Sugar and Tea spring to mind!!!!

Only kidding ;);););););)

Nice folk in the 'Cuik

Dusk_Till_Dawn
Be sure to lock all your doors and windows on the car mate

Sugar and Tea spring to mind!!!!

Only kidding ;);););););)

Nice folk in the 'Cuik

Grew up there, loads of jambos in Penicuik. Hobos were always outnumbered in the boozers, although i suppose they might have been disguised as bar stools.

Grew up there, loads of jambos in Penicuik. Hobos were always outnumbered in the boozers, although i suppose they might have been disguised as bar stools.

Disguised as stools more like.

they play in what was the old public park directly off jackson Street behind the Old Mill Inn.

Neat wee ground

Further details: behind Angle Park garage.:)

Went to school there. Inbreeds most of them.

Cheek! Nothing wrong with Penicuik!! :rolleyes:

You'll get parked pretty much anywhere, on Jackson Street, some parts of the main road and there is a car park next to it too, just a wee one!

Charlie-Brown

Hearts won 5-0

scorers: mulrooney, copil, balatoni, craig thomson (2)

team: bjornsson, c.thomson, brown, lithgow, balatoni; j.stewart, mulrooney; wagner, copil, mackle; cowan - played 4-2-3-1

subs: love, d.mcgowan, d.thomson, s.robinson & Ben(?) came on for cowan, stewart, mulrooney, wagner & mackle

Hearts won 5-0

team: bjornsson, c.thomson, brown, lithgow, balatoni; j.stewart, mulrooney; wagner, copil, mackle; cowan - played 4-2-3-1

subs: love, d.mcgowan, d.thomson, s.robinson & Ben(?) came on for cowan, stewart, mulrooney, wagner & mackle

I take it was a hearts 11 as opposed to the actual u19's because at least 2 of the players mentioned where too old for it last year never mind this season

Sean Mackle seems to be another pelosi too, only another 4 years to prove himself:confused:

Hearts won 5-0

Shocked you didn't get snowed in.

You can always depend on most suspended member to put a good light on things eh:wacko::wacko:

Charlie-Brown

I have to go out now - copil was much improved and showed some really good skill but still has to improve his teamwork & workrate if he wants to play in the first team - wagner was okay as well - the best were craig thomson & johnny stewart in terms of their combination of skill & effort & unselfish team-work.

Copil had some excellent touches.

Agree Stewart had a good game, and Craig Thomson took his two goals well.

The Ben who came on is someone called Ben Long who is related to Stevie Banks. I got this info from Craig Thomson's dad.

The noticeable thing for me was the emphasis on playing it on the deck. They played some neat football.

I'm back up to Penicuik on Tuesday night for the Penicuik v. Bonnyrigg Rose game in the Andy Kelly Memorial Cup.

Hopefully another 5-0 defeat for Penicuik!

'Mon the Rose.

blondejamtart

Looking forward to seeing the lads in action on Monday night too - against Arniston Rangers in the Andy Kelly Cup! 'Mon the Jambos! :thumb:

Guest jambomickey
Looking forward to seeing the lads in action on Monday night too - against Arniston Rangers in the Andy Kelly Cup! 'Mon the Jambos! :thumb:

is the game at gorebridge blondie?

chester copperpot
Yes, Arniston Rangers' ground, KO 7pm on Monday.

Might pop along, but there's no way I'm standing under their shed again. It was creaking and that was a year ago.

Dirk Diggler
Might pop along, but there's no way I'm standing under their shed again. It was creaking and that was a year ago.

Ever thought of the reason why it was creaking?

:whistling:

Dougie Vipond

Hi,

Monday night's game at Arniston is off and I am not sure Hearts are even in the Andy Kelly Cup this year?

Advertised that they are and they are in the programme for the tournament but no mention on the website and they are definitely playing at Musselburgh in Tuesday night (7pm)

blondejamtart

Yes, it is a bit the worse for wear. They've been talking about a move for years, but things seem to have stalled on that for the time being...

chester copperpot
Ever thought of the reason why it was creaking?

:whistling:

Its standing only, so you can bog off with that excuse. :P

Dirk Diggler
Its standing only, so you can bog off with that excuse. :P

:)

I know, I was there also.

chester copperpot

I know, I was there also.

So you were, I forgot you told me about that in a post I think :o

blondejamtart
Hi,

Monday night's game at Arniston is off and I am not sure Hearts are even in the Andy Kelly Cup this year?

Advertised that they are and they are in the programme for the tournament but no mention on the website and they are definitely playing at Musselburgh in Tuesday night (7pm)

There was an article in our local paper last week which said they were playing in it this year - with the first game at Arniston on Monday.

jambos are go!

First time I've been impressed by Copil. Looks much more the part and very skilful . Far and away the best footballer on show but not a lot of dig. A bit like Juanjo.

Any one know of the under 19's fixtures pre season?

I've tried looking on the oh-fish-al site but its fecking murder..... if it doesnt crash your browser, you can find feck all.

Guest jambomickey
Yes, Arniston Rangers' ground, KO 7pm on Monday.

thanks blondie! being from mayfield i'll hop in the car and nip up to gorebridge to watch that

Nice to see Copil back and playing.

I have not heard too much positive info about him since we signed him.

blondejamtart
thanks blondie! being from mayfield i'll hop in the car and nip up to gorebridge to watch that

Might be an idea to try to check if it's on first, seeing as someone has cast some doubt over it. If I find out any more, I'll let you know...

Dougie Vipond

Monday's game is definitley off (see scrolling news page on link below)

http://www.arnistonrangers.co.uk/

The programme handed out at Penicuik for the Kelly Cup includes Hearts but

it'snaver been mentioned by Hearts?

Next game is at Musselburgh on Tuesday (which is on their website also).

Guest jambomickey
Might be an idea to try to check if it's on first, seeing as someone has cast some doubt over it. If I find out any more, I'll let you know...

thanks blondie

Dougie Vipond

Weird huh?

All the posters and programmes mention Hearts but they never seem to have entered.

Maybe we got knocked out in the qualifiers! lol.

blondejamtart

Is the Musselburgh tournament on Tuesday the five-a-side one as part of the Honest Toun week? Or am I thinking of something completely different?

Archived