Huge congratulations

Selkirkhmfc1874

Kalamazoo Jambo
35 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

IMG_8333.jpeg

Yeah, I’ve seen 42nd Street (the movie). Song wasn’t in it. The theatrical production from later on added it.

Anyway, back to topic. Hope the money helps us kick on. With the numbers of games we’ll be playing next season we need to improve our depth further, aided by the youngsters coming through.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ricardo Quaresma

• alicante jambo

• Gorgierools

• JudyJudyJudy

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Selkirkhmfc1874
1 hour ago, JimmyCant said:

The board and coaching staff you slaughtered for weeks on here ?

Bore off

SeaOfMaroon
24 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

They did take the train home

I  think though,  as I passed by them both walking up towards the flats near fountain park at about 7:30pm last night,  both in the outfits seen in the picture. Not sure why they’d be taking a train like

They might have got the train home but Naismith did not send them home that way because they spoke to a few Celtic players

I suppose the question next is what sort of squad do we need to successfully manage Europe and 3rd again next season? 

IMO we're light at CF, Wings, RB & CB. 

Boyce will no doubt recover over the summer, but I think his game time needs to be restricted so he's not wasted playing extra minutes because he wants to play, he's at an age and fitness level where he needs to play on the clubs terms or move on (i.e a late sub or when Shanks needs to rest). 

We need another winger IMO. Armstrong. 

Another RB since Dexter will be away.Sibbick actually played well there against Hibs before Kingsley went off injured and he then shat the bed at CB. Neilson can probably play there, although not ideal. 

CB - Lewis Neilson will be back, but the fact is Kent is our defence. Without him, its the same defence that collapsed last season. Leadership in that back line from RB to LB is crucial. I'd get Stuart Findlay if I was Naismith. 

Zander

Neilson Kent Findlay Kingsley

Devlin Philips*

Dhanda

Armstrong Shankland McKay

That would probably be my preference. Although, I would like an actual RB. **** knows who though. 

*Assuming Beni goes. 

Gorgierools
3 minutes ago, OTT said:

I suppose the question next is what sort of squad do we need to successfully manage Europe and 3rd again next season? 

Boyce will no doubt recover over the summer, but I think his game time needs to be restricted so he's not wasted playing extra minutes because he wants to play, he's at an age and fitness level where he needs to play on the clubs terms or move on (i.e a late sub or when Shanks needs to rest). 

Another RB since Dexter will be away.Sibbick actually played well there against Hibs before Kingsley went off injured and he then shat the bed at CB. Neilson can probably play there, although not ideal. 

CB - Lewis Neilson will be back, but the fact is Kent is our defence. Without him, its the same defence that collapsed last season. Leadership in that back line from RB to LB is crucial. I'd get Stuart Findlay if I was Naismith. 

Zander

Devlin Philips*

Dhanda

That would probably be my preference. Although, I would like an actual RB. **** knows who though. 

*Assuming Beni goes. 

Putting a lot of faith/pressure on young shoulders with Nielson straight in as RB

SMJ_1874
Posted (edited)
42 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

So this is really weird, but I was driving back along the western approach away from town and both Oda and Tagawa were walking up towards the student flats, away from Haymarket. This was about 7:30 last night. Might be some truth in that 

Edited by SMJ_1874

db211833
49 minutes ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

Whoops, wrong post replied to, was in reply to this 👇

Haha, no worries, admittedly I read a few times trying to work out the context of your reply 

db211833
18 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Bore off

He's right though, you started poll after poll and showed zero patience. 

Lone Striker

Very well done to everyone at Hearts - another outstanding achievement to finish  3rd along with 2 Cup Semis.

The top 6 scenario shows the importance of building up a good points  lead over the non-OF teams  ahead of the split.    Post-split is a real slog, with all the non-OF teams unlikely to get more than 6 points from their 5 games.

All in all, its been a superb season.   Naismith is growing into the job very well, and I hope we'll tie him down to a new contract at some point next year.

:jambobanana:

Selkirkhmfc1874
16 minutes ago, db211833 said:

He's right though, you started poll after poll and showed zero patience. 

Bore off , already dealt with that month's ago ! 

Absolute Scenes
54 minutes ago, SeaOfMaroon said:

They might have got the train home but Naismith did not send them home that way because they spoke to a few Celtic players

Aye that part I’m not so sure now 😂

JimmyCant
59 minutes ago, OTT said:

Zander

Devlin Philips*

Dhanda

*Assuming Beni goes. 

Not a massive upgrade on what we have IMO. I’m honestly expecting 2-3 splash out signings. More hoping that actual expectation

They've said they are spending this year, so let’s see the money where the mouth is.

Well done the JT's, great achievement - onwards and upwards

db211833
2 hours ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Bore off , already dealt with that month's ago ! 

No problem.  Just do start YOUR boring behaviour again at the first downturn. 

jamboinglasgow

Its a huge credit to everyone at the club. When you consider how people were back in October/early November, we had lost to St Mirren, Motherwell and Dundee, had uninspiring draws against Killie, thrown away a 2-0 lead to Hibs at home. Lost to both of the Old Firm, had reached the semi-final of the League cup after a quarter final where there was banners against the manager, a gutless loss to Rangers in the cup. There was even rumours in the press that players were turning against Naismith.

To turn that all round in Naismith's first full season as a manager, backed by an overall good recruitment, be in a strong financial position, seeing youngsters starting to come through and a board who stood by their convictions. It has been pleasing.

Next season will be hard as we will have to face at least 8 extra European games, half of which will require travel, to add to domestic games. But unlike two years ago, it does feel already there is a plan to develop on this season and style mixed with even more income coming in from other sources and possibly income from players sales (which we have not properly had for a while) that it can properly build on this season. Plus see Naismith grow even further.

RobNox
1 hour ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Its a huge credit to everyone at the club. When you consider how people were back in October/early November, we had lost to St Mirren, Motherwell and Dundee, had uninspiring draws against Killie, thrown away a 2-0 lead to Hibs at home. Lost to both of the Old Firm, had reached the semi-final of the League cup after a quarter final where there was banners against the manager, a gutless loss to Rangers in the cup. There was even rumours in the press that players were turning against Naismith.

Yes, a huge credit to the people in charge not to listen to some of the naysayers on here.  I mean, we even had one poster who demanded that the entire Board, management, coaching and playing staff should be emptied.  Ironically, the same poster who started this thread hugely congratulating all of the people he would have emptied a few months ago if he was in charge. 

Ricardo Quaresma
1 hour ago, Mikey1874 said:

Expect a couple of wow signings.

Expecting 4 if I'm honest :smuggy:

Ricardo Quaresma
3 minutes ago, RobNox said:

Yes, a huge credit to the people in charge not to listen to some of the naysayers on here.  I mean, we even had one poster who demanded that the entire Board, management, coaching and playing staff should be emptied.  Ironically, the same poster who started this thread hugely congratulating all of the people he would have emptied a few months ago if he was in charge. 

You can't vote for chicken and egg :smuggy:

gregzy2k7

Yip,

I was definitely skeptical if the board would deliver at the start of this season, especially after throwing away 3rd last season and the poor start that Naismith had at the beginning of this season.

But kudos to them and to their credit, they didn't pay any attention to the noise coming from the fanbase (including myself who wanted Naismith out) and that has paid off dividends and then some, they clearly were right to stick by their man (Naismith) and have delivered big time.

Will be big enough to give them props when they get it right so well done Budge, McKinley and the rest of the board.