Strasbourg, Lorient and Troyes not Happy....

Martin_T

Sooks
20 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Hibs persued this deal because they NEEDED this deal.  

• Hibernian have announced a £3.9m loss for the year up to 30 June 2023, despite making a gain of £3.2m in transfer fees.

That loss would have been £7.1m without player sales, That is unsustainable, they have no european football this season, reduced prize money again on account of bottom 6 and getting lapped out the cup early, and they certainly not sold £3.2m worth of player this time around.  

They are living beyond their means simply to stay relevant, the have never been able to accept what they are and where they are and have sold their sole to the devil in an attempt to keep pace with hearts.

A one off £6m won’t even touch the sides.  

3 minutes ago, Rods said:

Spot on

The laughing matter is Kensell came out and said(contrary to the SFA requirement) That more BK group money will now be spent on players.

Clearly not learned any lessons or is it they are secure in the knowledge they have land to recoup their money. 

They have a drawdown facility from the BK group. This being used will be an indicator of big problems.

They are also going to be well down on their already pretty miserable season ticket sales next season . They will need the BK money just to have the hope of a finish in the European qualification spots and some decent football income . If they spend a lot and Hibs it , they will be in a fair old bit of financial trouble I suspect 

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• kingantti1874

• Sooks

• meister

• sac

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

hughesie27
50 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

• Hibernian have announced a £3.9m loss for the year up to 30 June 2023, despite making a gain of £3.2m in transfer fees.

That loss would have been £7.1m without player sales, That is unsustainable, they have no european football this season, reduced prize money again on account of bottom 6 and getting lapped out the cup early, and they certainly not sold £3.2m worth of player this time around.  

They are living beyond their means simply to stay relevant, the have never been able to accept what they are and where they are and have sold their sole to the devil in an attempt to keep pace with hearts.

Their losses this year are pretty much all attributed to the money they have spent doing so their hospitality options so wouldn't be reflected each year. 

They are going to take a hot in league/Europe money amd ST sales though. As well as having no players to sell.

gregzy2k7

Imagine being the bottom club of a multi pyramid club ownership system.

They've hibsed it again!

kingantti1874
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, hughesie27 said:

Their losses this year are pretty much all attributed to the money they have spent doing so their hospitality options so wouldn't be reflected each year. 

They are going to take a hot in league/Europe money amd ST sales though. As well as having no players to sell.

they didnt spend £7.1m on hospitality. Not a chance. They repainted the place and put some new TV’s and tables in.  £500k tops. 

they have been paying wages they cannot afford to the like of Boyle, spending £700k on vente and the like

Edited by kingantti1874

hughesie27
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, kingantti1874 said:

they didnt spend £7.1m on hospitality. Not a chance. They repainted the place and put some new TV’s and tables in.  £500k tops. 

they have been paying wages they cannot afford to the like of Boyle, spending £700k on vente and the like

About 3 million I think. Whatever it was they were owe the Gordon's in their accounts who put up the initial cash.

The Debt for Equity delay that was part of this Foley buy-in then covered that 3 million.

Edited by hughesie27

kingantti1874
5 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

About 3 million I think. Whatever it was they were owe the Gordon's in their accounts who put up the initial cash.

The Debt for Equity delay that was part of this Foley buy-in then covered that 3 million.

I find that hard to believe but will take at face value. Still leaves £4.1m with reduced prize money and no player sales or note.

i would bet hibs spending on players fees and wages will be reduced rather than raised. And they will end up further away from us than ever

redjambo

There were no complaints when FBK Kaunas were our feeder club. ;)

Of course, FBK Kaunas no longer exists. Lower clubs on the pyramid, beware.

1 minute ago, redjambo said:

Lorient next, then the flairmeisters

loveofthegame

Lorient lost again tonight too. 3 points off safety, having played a game more, with a worse GD, with only 2 games left, with the 2 teams above them at home tomorrow… relegation could be confirmed by this time tomorrow night.

jamboinglasgow

I thought this tweet sums up best about being a multi-club owned club who is not at the top of the hierachy.

Too much of it feels like the multi club system is just rich owners thinking its something they need as others are doing it. Apart from a way to get around FFP, there is little I see of benefit to have a system like this.

Byyy The Light

Genuinely think this will be the end of Hibs.

Haha 😄

Nookie Bear
On 02/05/2024 at 21:29, redjambo said:

We didn’t complain because we were the top of the pyramid. 

Had Vlad bought players for Hearts and immediately loaned them out to Kaunas then it would be a different picture. 

It’s a dangerous game. 

the original dalry llama
On 01/05/2024 at 11:55, tian447 said:

And in the 3 or 4 decades since they formed that opinion, have they ever shown signs of re-entering reality?

Quite the opposite. H*bs fans and reality parted company a long time ago.  

Lol. I'm so glad that we're not involved with any of that nonsense. Can't help but think for these clubs the money paid to invest (e.g the £6m for Foley) becomes like a pair of golden handcuffs and they're utterly beholden to the parent club. The Savio situation with Troyes is comical, tearing up La liga, but hasn't actually ever played for the club that he's signed with :lol: 

I'm struggling to see how Hibs make a success of this. I mean what does success even look like for them? Beating us to 3rd? Well, we have benefactors, the FOH & now a hotel each contributing 7 figures. Is Foley going to invest north of £4/5m in them? Are they going to be loaned enough players to actually make an impact? 

I've a feeling they might see an initial surge as Foley tries to calm any voices of dissent, but doubt we'll see significant investment. Just a nursery club that can feed them their best players whenever Bournemouth get relegated. 

Sooks
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, OTT said:

Lol. I'm so glad that we're not involved with any of that nonsense. Can't help but think for these clubs the money paid to invest (e.g the £6m for Foley) becomes like a pair of golden handcuffs and they're utterly beholden to the parent club. The Savio situation with Troyes is comical, tearing up La liga, but hasn't actually ever played for the club that he's signed with :lol: 

I'm struggling to see how Hibs make a success of this. I mean what does success even look like for them? Beating us to 3rd? Well, we have benefactors, the FOH & now a hotel each contributing 7 figures. Is Foley going to invest north of £4/5m in them? Are they going to be loaned enough players to actually make an impact? 

I've a feeling they might see an initial surge as Foley tries to calm any voices of dissent, but doubt we'll see significant investment. Just a nursery club that can feed them their best players whenever Bournemouth get relegated. 

Best part is , they are just handing over the keys to the office to him by having BK perform a review of the football department :lol: 

Edited by Sooks

vegas-voss
12 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

Definitely not happy

That Savio transfer should be getting investigated he is seeminly costing them a fraction of his value to get past FFP 

vegas-voss

There is a bigger picture than just Hibs here this multi club corporate takeover stuff has to be stopped it's a ****ing joke.

i wish jj was my dad
10 hours ago, Byyy The Light said:

Haha 😄

That's my take too. At the time I opposed Mr Mercer but I'd laugh my cock off if they go under now. 

Byyy The Light
49 minutes ago, i wish jj was my dad said:

That's my take too. At the time I opposed Mr Mercer but I'd laugh my cock off if they go under now. 

Absolutely. **** them.

Will be a great watch. 

JamboAndrew

Did Foley and BK invest money in Lorient? If so, would love it if it was a "£6m" investment also.

Polonia Gorgie
3 hours ago, vegas-voss said:

That Savio transfer should be getting investigated he is seeminly costing them a fraction of his value to get past FFP 

It's quite minging actually, really doesn't smell right, this is how all these giant clubs will get around FFP. Buy smaller clubs

Hector Riva

Need to add H1b5 to that title Mods lol

jamboinglasgow
4 hours ago, JamboAndrew said:

Did Foley and BK invest money in Lorient? If so, would love it if it was a "£6m" investment also.

I would be interested what Foley and BK said to Lorient fans when looking to get it pushed through. I suspect similar to what he has said to Hibs fans.

22games nro
20 hours ago, loveofthegame said:

Lorient lost again tonight too. 3 points off safety, having played a game more, with a worse GD, with only 2 games left, with the 2 teams above them at home tomorrow… relegation could be confirmed by this time tomorrow night.

Think there’s only a couple of games left 

IMG_4927.jpeg

DesertDawg
On 01/05/2024 at 00:22, Polonia Gorgie said:

I would hate it if we were part of one of these multi-club-tier system, what I find extraordinary about it is, Bournemouth, as a football club is smaller than hibs and Lorient but because of Prem money they can be top of some pyramid system. I read somewhere that they don't care how the clubs do, as long as the players are getting developed ok.... 

And the Las Vegas Golden Knights hockey squad were just bought without any player development plans at all.

I was sitting at a bar in Tucson. AZ on Monday and watched them play the Dallas Stars.  "Moneyball" at it's extreme.  Really doesn't matter who wins as long as you get the $$$ right.

Boooooooring.  :(  

Watt-Zeefuik

This system works passably well in the US baseball system because there's no promotion and relegation. Our local team, the Durham Bulls, have a license with the MLB Tampa Bay Rays, and so basically the entire squad is players trying to get to the big leagues, on rehab from the bigs, trying to restart a career, and so on. It kind of sucks because organizationally wins and losses aren't as important as player development and recovery, but it does mean we get to see outstanding players at fairly cheap ticket prices.

If there were promotion and relegation in the system, it would be a catastrophe as the Rays would yank all of the good players up before the deadline and leave the Bulls in danger of dropping, if it mattered. It's a shit enough system as it is, given that a fairly small amount of the country actually has local access to truly competitive professional baseball games (and baseball is so much better in person than it is on TV it's scarcely worth comparing). BK seems to want to replicate this but where the feeder clubs can have the trap door yanked at any moment.

Gmcjambo
1 hour ago, Watt-Zeefuik said:

This system works passably well in the US baseball system because there's no promotion and relegation. Our local team, the Durham Bulls, have a license with the MLB Tampa Bay Rays, and so basically the entire squad is players trying to get to the big leagues, on rehab from the bigs, trying to restart a career, and so on. It kind of sucks because organizationally wins and losses aren't as important as player development and recovery, but it does mean we get to see outstanding players at fairly cheap ticket prices.

If there were promotion and relegation in the system, it would be a catastrophe as the Rays would yank all of the good players up before the deadline and leave the Bulls in danger of dropping, if it mattered. It's a shit enough system as it is, given that a fairly small amount of the country actually has local access to truly competitive professional baseball games (and baseball is so much better in person than it is on TV it's scarcely worth comparing). BK seems to want to replicate this but where the feeder clubs can have the trap door yanked at any moment.

No surprise that the Foley project was sanctioned whilst Hibs have American ownership.    

The main question should be is this in Hibs best interests and it’s hard to see how it is.   It’s happening solely for the perceived benefit to Bournemouth.   That’s not a good place to be for Hibs.  

Building a stable squad, with Hibs owned players to create assets that are sellable has to be best for Hibs.     If they have a chance to buy an excellent prospect elsewhere but Foley has earmarked a Bournemouth loanee for development for that position then  that’s what will happen.  The absolute gulf between EPL and SPL is too wide for this to work in practice anyway.  

John Findlay
12 hours ago, 22games nro said:

Think there’s only a couple of games left 

IMG_4927.jpeg

It's between Clermont, Lorient and Metz as to who goes down. Any two from those three. They all have two games to go now.

Screenshot_20240505-073823.png

Section Q

Bournemouth don't even fill their own ground every home game.

The modern day Wimbledon. Average attendance slightly under 11k.

5 hours ago, Section Q said:

Same a hibs.

martoon

What a lovely Sunday read this thread has been. All through it I've had the voice of Winston Churchill at the back of my mind:

chrome_screenshot_5May202414_25_17BST.thumb.png.2cdf20f78d2fbc317aad362470a689ff.png

If this ends up half as bad for that club and it's emailing, sleekit, scuttling fanbase as I hope then they're in deep 5h1t.

leipzig76
1 hour ago, martoon said:

What a lovely Sunday read this thread has been. All through it I've had the voice of Winston Churchill at the back of my mind:

chrome_screenshot_5May202414_25_17BST.thumb.png.2cdf20f78d2fbc317aad362470a689ff.png

If this ends up half as bad for that club and it's emailing, sleekit, scuttling fan base as I hope then they're in deep 5h1t.

I never used to think this about them Martoon but as you say after the email/letter writing writing nonsense and voting us down during covid I changed my mind and now I want to see them die  - simple as !

alicante jambo
On 02/05/2024 at 08:09, kingantti1874 said:

Sonds lovely tbh. They have no saleable players and the mutants are not renewing their season tickets it could well be over 7 million pounds loss next season whereas on the other hand we are flying into europe making around 6 milion minimum. Would love them to go out the box.

martoon
1 minute ago, leipzig76 said:

I never used to think this about them Martoon but as you say after the email/letter writing writing nonsense and voting us down during covid I changed my mind and now I want to see them die  - simple as !

Me neither, bud.

I was totally neutral about it all in 1990 and was even relieved when it was all over.

Not now.

Worst case scenario possible for Hibs, please.

Whatever that might be.

I've already bought the popcorn and I can't stand the stuff. 

Let the fun commence. 😄

Hmfc1965
7 minutes ago, martoon said:

Me neither, bud.

I was totally neutral about it all in 1990 and was even relieved when it was all over.

Not now.

Worst case scenario possible for Hibs, please.

Whatever that might be.

I've already bought the popcorn and I can't stand the stuff. 

Let the fun commence. 😄

I didn't campaign or anything but I was against the Takeover in 1990.

Now - **** them.

PaddysBar
9 hours ago, John Findlay said:

It's between Clermont, Lorient and Metz as to who goes down. Any two from those three. They all have two games to go now.

Screenshot_20240505-073823.png

Realistically they need 4 points more than Metz from their last 2 games. 

They’re averaging less than a point per game over 32 games. 

See ya. 

Bender

I'd be genuinely surprised if Hibs were being handed £6m (their quoted figure) to spend on players they want. Clubs in these schemes don't seem to have full autonomy to bring in the players they think will take them to the next level. Everything is aimed at improving the club at the top of the hierarchy. You can see how the ownership have treated Lorient and if it goes a similar way for Hibs then it's going to be very, very hard to get those owners out.

gorgieroar
On 01/05/2024 at 09:21, kila said:

Brown envelope to UEFA

It's the team with the best coefficient record in the group that get in to europe

gregzy2k7
22 hours ago, Section Q said:

Still bigger than the Hobbits crowds though,

Dressed as seats that lot 🤭

kingantti1874
11 hours ago, Bender said:

I'd be genuinely surprised if Hibs were being handed £6m (their quoted figure) to spend on players they want. Clubs in these schemes don't seem to have full autonomy to bring in the players they think will take them to the next level. Everything is aimed at improving the club at the top of the hierarchy. You can see how the ownership have treated Lorient and if it goes a similar way for Hibs then it's going to be very, very hard to get those owners out.

they aren’t.  Not even foley or kensell have claimed that .  

RustyRightPeg
On 05/05/2024 at 08:01, Section Q said:

Impressive considering it only holds 11k.

Nookie Bear
On 05/05/2024 at 06:44, Gmcjambo said:

No surprise that the Foley project was sanctioned whilst Hibs have American ownership.    

The main question should be is this in Hibs best interests and it’s hard to see how it is.   It’s happening solely for the perceived benefit to Bournemouth.   That’s not a good place to be for Hibs.  

Building a stable squad, with Hibs owned players to create assets that are sellable has to be best for Hibs.     If they have a chance to buy an excellent prospect elsewhere but Foley has earmarked a Bournemouth loanee for development for that position then  that’s what will happen.  The absolute gulf between EPL and SPL is too wide for this to work in practice anyway.  

On top of this, the gulf between the EPL u21s and the SPL is pretty big the other way as well so there are no guarantees.

Jambo dans les Pyrenees

Metz play in this strip at this stadium.

image.jpeg.6f3f4cdfcb425049db276ca78cfe4a69.jpeg

image.jpeg.4cb4fedd1c82867706a43045c96a3559.jpeg

The French version of Hibs is down.

Le Chat
On 04/05/2024 at 00:50, Byyy The Light said:

Haha 😄

On 04/05/2024 at 11:03, i wish jj was my dad said:

18 hours ago, leipzig76 said:

18 hours ago, martoon said:

Me neither, bud.

18 hours ago, Hmfc1965 said:

I didn't campaign or anything but I was against the Takeover in 1990.

Now - **** them.

I would just like to place on record that I was 100% behind Sir Wallace in 1990.

They were vermin scum even then.

leipzig76
21 minutes ago, Le Chat said:

I would just like to place on record that I was 100% behind Sir Wallace in 1990.

Le C , I went down to Easter Road the afternoon the possible takeover was announced, with my best friend - a Hibby -and there were loads of grown men wandering around looking lost - some were very teary looking. I felt sorry for them and didn't want Sir Wallace to proceed.If it happened again ? I would be straight down there to sip on their salty tears !

Rick Sanchez
21 minutes ago, Le Chat said:

:laugh:

You don't post about Hibs enough mate. It's a genuine delight to read.

Bender
2 hours ago, kingantti1874 said:

they aren’t.  Not even foley or kensell have claimed that .  

It seems to be the general chat from the supporters though. There seems to be a belief they're getting this war chest and will be scooping up million pound transfers and start paying much higher wages than anyone else.