Beni

lou

Threedoorsdown

We are going places. If Beni sees his future elsewhere then good luck to him, we can find someone better.

• Replies 365
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• lost in space

• kingantti1874

• Ricardo Quaresma

Aussie Jambo
4 hours ago, periodictabledancer said:

Whatever, you've nailed your colours to the mast. 

Yip. Maroon & white from baby to death. 

4 hours ago, Threedoorsdown said:

We are going places. If Beni sees his future elsewhere then good luck to him, we can find someone better.

Correct. The only footballers that let their contract run out are the ones that are leaving. But if he stays then we will see. I’m in between at the moment. I rather he stayed as I think he would work great with Dhanda. 

Threedoorsdown
1 minute ago, Aussie Jambo said:

Yip. Maroon & white from baby to death. 

Correct. The only footballers that let their contract run out are the ones that are leaving. But if he stays then we will see. I’m in between at the moment. I rather he stayed as I think he would work great with Dhanda. 

I want him to stay aswell. However, he is replaceable. 

Aussie Jambo
36 minutes ago, Threedoorsdown said:

I want him to stay aswell. However, he is replaceable. 

Indeed. 

Gordon_1874

Sometimes if players don't really want to stay I think it's maybe better for all parties to let them go. I can think of several examples at rangers recently, Morelos, Kent, Kamara and Goldson. All stayed for big bumper contracts, at the club too long and form went downhill.

Ron Burgundy

He has an incredible footballing brain. Sadly he also has a heart the size of a pea. If you could combine his and Devlin's attributes you could make some player.

gorgielads1874

beni is a good player and he's very good when he can be bothered. played too many games since hoff is injured 

1 hour ago, gorgielads1874 said:

beni is a good player and he's very good when he can be bothered. played too many games since hoff is injured 

How can a player at Hearts have played too many games. Any pro should be able to play twice a week. We have averaged less than one game a week since the beginning of March.

gorgielads1874
On 29/04/2024 at 10:26, H2 said:

How can a player at Hearts have played too many games. Any pro should be able to play twice a week. We have averaged less than one game a week since the beginning of March.

exactly he should be able to be playing two games in a week but it tires him out 

kingantti1874
5 minutes ago, gorgielads1874 said:

exactly he should be able to be playing two games in a week but it tires him out 

Athleticism is his issue, but that doesn’t mean he’s not a good player, been very important for us and a huge part of our good results,  it also doesn’t mean we should look to move him on.

it is however the reason he won’t play in the championship or above ..  but we dont play in the championship, we can accommodate that weakness playing at the level we play at.

the best player of his type in the league by far , as substantiated by the data.

Hashimoto
44 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Athleticism is his issue, but that doesn’t mean he’s not a good player, been very important for us and a huge part of our good results,  it also doesn’t mean we should look to move him on.

it is however the reason he won’t play in the championship or above ..  but we dont play in the championship, we can accommodate that weakness playing at the level we play at.

the best player of his type in the league by far , as substantiated by the data.

He looks like and should be a good player. But can we accommodate a player that lacks stamina, displays poor energy levels?

If we are serious about mounting a better challenge to the OF then Beni is not the type of player to kick us on.

Don't know about the stats, or data that support the claim he's good. I tend to look at the number of goals, assists from the midfield. I personally don't think he's a very creative player. Certainly his goal return is non existent.

IMO.....We can do better, and therefore should be looking elsewhere. Let Beni ply his trade elsewhere. 

Edited by Hashimoto

RustyRightPeg

Beni is our best midfielder. The day we lose him, we become much weaker.

1 minute ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Completely agree. And with the creative options alongside and in front of him improving - Hof to come back, Dhanda and Spittal to come in, the ongoing development of Devlin - he'll be even more effective. If he stays on, he'll be a pivotal player for us next season.

kingantti1874
29 minutes ago, Hashimoto said:

He looks like and should be a good player. But can we accommodate a player that lacks stamina, displays poor energy levels?

If we are serious about mounting a better challenge to the OF then Beni is not the type of player to kick us on.

Don't know about the stats, or data that support the claim he's good. I tend to look at the number of goals, assists from the midfield. I personally don't think he's a very creative player. Certainly his goal return is non existent.

IMO.....We can do better, and therefore should be looking elsewhere. Let Beni ply his trade elsewhere. 

For the data read the hearts standard.  Brilliant analysis .  

I can t repost it here but literally #1 in the league for a number of stats such as counter pressing, breaking down counters.  And very high across a number of other metrics.  So I think parts of your assessment simply are not true.  He lacks the athleticism required to play in England definitely but not in Scotland .  

He is probably the best midfielder of his type in Scotland outside of Glasgow.  

we should look to improve on every player, but Beni would be quite far down the list in terms of priorities and sorry cannot agree he will be easy to replace.  Will be extremely difficult to find someone better and if we do, they will cost serious money.

Jim Panzee
On 29/04/2024 at 08:25, Ron Burgundy said:

He has an incredible footballing brain. Sadly he also has a heart the size of a pea. If you could combine his and Devlin's attributes you could make some player.

we almost sort of did - remember halcyon days when Beni and Devlin first played together - they made a LOT of people sit up and take note of their performances.

it would be nice for a change for our injuries to decimate our cleaning staff* or club shop workers* instead of the guts of our team for a decade or so, even just 3 or 4 years to get some momentum going.

* of course in reality, I mean no harm to any of our staff!

On 27/04/2024 at 19:51, Helter Skelter said:

Shitebag.

Attitude’s stinking. He can gtf asap.

Clueless comment 

This place has always been clueless about the value of defensive midfielders.

I remember Brellier getting pelters most weeks as he "didn't contribute enough"...

Gorgie_Rules
1 hour ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Easily our best midfielder and evident he can go and play a level above Hearts.

We had a spell of a good few years of being very weak in the middle of the park, it’s not a position you can get away with the odd off day such as the wider players, consistency is key and thats what Beni gives us.

If he is not willing to sign a new contract then a top quality replacement has to be the priority this summer with the European cash.

Big Moysey

Have been watching Beni closely of late and as stats verify, he is very good in his role. The importance of not giving the ball away in our league is massive. That being said, there are many times where he will keep possession backwards and to the side when forward momentum is the better option. Perhaps SN sees that role as the job of others eg McKay/Danda/Spittal?

If Beni decides to stay, we will be fortunate, however, if he goes, as looks likely to me, Dan Phillips (with Tait development next year), would be my shout.

Shipwrecked
1 hour ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Spot on. I'd love him to stay. That move at easter road when he  left the two chumps to tackle each other was the stuff of legend. 

kingantti1874
9 minutes ago, Big Moysey said:

Have been watching Beni closely of late and as stats verify, he is very good in his role. The importance of not giving the ball away in our league is massive. That being said, there are many times where he will keep possession backwards and to the side when forward momentum is the better option. Perhaps SN sees that role as the job of others eg McKay/Danda/Spittal?

If Beni decides to stay, we will be fortunate, however, if he goes, as looks likely to me, Dan Phillips (with Tait development next year), would be my shout.

agree with most of this, but very very rarely do I see a forward pass open and beni not taking it.  I do hear a lot of “play it forward from behind me” when there is simply no forward pass on. 

probably becuase teams play a low block against us most of the time and crowd the center meaning the space is out wide and we need to recycle it and move teams around to find it 

gar jambo
On 28/04/2024 at 23:13, Threedoorsdown said:

Beni is always one game away  from Injury his legs are like match S——S  he can go 

Tynecastle Valhalla

He’s a great midfielder. Class at keeping the ball, making space and has an intelligent brain on the pitch. 

does a lot of quiet work.

we will be weaker without him.

hope he extends for a year.

Sub4TiddlerMurray
1 hour ago, kingantti1874 said:

I can t repost it here but literally #1 in the league for a number of stats such as counter pressing, breaking down counters.  And very high across a number of other metrics.  So I think parts of your assessment simply are not true.  He lacks the athleticism required to play in England definitely but not in Scotland .  

we should look to improve on every player, but Beni would be quite far down the list in terms of priorities and sorry cannot agree he will be easy to replace.  Will be extremely difficult to find someone better and if we do, they will cost serious money.

This

Carl Fredrickson

He is the kind of player that some will not appreciate him until he is no longer with us. Good luck in trying to find a replacement with his stats that we can afford. 

Thomaso

Shitebag.

Dont be silly 🙄

HeartsandonlyHearts
1 hour ago, Gorgie_Rules said:

Easily our best midfielder and evident he can go and play a level above Hearts.

We had a spell of a good few years of being very weak in the middle of the park, it’s not a position you can get away with the odd off day such as the wider players, consistency is key and thats what Beni gives us.

If he is not willing to sign a new contract then a top quality replacement has to be the priority this summer with the European cash.

I like him but if he goes it’ll be interesting to see if it’s a level above Hearts. English premier is obviously a few levels above Hearts. But he won’t be playing any European games at any English premier team that he may end up at. Some Championship teams are a level above Hearts. If that’s where he ends up then it’s only for the money or to be closer to home. Hearts are the team he should sign with.

HoGwash

Shitebag.

It never ceases to amaze me how some people want to trumpet their stupidity to the world.

Edited by HoGwash

Rick Sanchez

If he's given certain assurances by Naisy he'd be daft not to sign on for atleast another year.

He'll never play in Europe again down south.

Threedoorsdown
2 hours ago, kingantti1874 said:

Most of us know what Beni brings, unfortunately he’s injury prone and seems quite hesitant to commit.

Make him the best offer we can based on his injuries and set a deadline. If he doesn’t accept it we need to replace him. 

We are a fantastic club to play for, if you don’t want to be here then **** off basically - this isn’t aimed personally at Beni, just my general feeling about the situation.

*Also, Beni himself said he would make us a lot of money. Let’s see what his words are worth.

Edited by Threedoorsdown

Skacelsid

He divides opinion, good but not great for me and if he stays fair enough, but if he wants a move I would let him go. The quicker it is settled the better. Players come and go. We can get as good or better.

kingantti1874
5 minutes ago, Skacelsid said:

He divides opinion, good but not great for me and if he stays fair enough, but if he wants a move I would let him go. The quicker it is settled the better. Players come and go. We can get as good or better.

if he wants a move he will go as he’s out of contract and we have no say in it at all.

our history, and the history of teams who operate on similar budgets would suggest it far from certain we will get better.  

That said - id be all over Allan Campbell regardless of whether he stays or goes.  

AC Mallin_51

He’s the new Djoum to some of the support. Apparently to a lot he’s not good enough/interested anymore. We’ll soon notice when he’s not there…

For the record I think Beni is better than Djoum but I personally thought Djoum was class 

This is like Djoum all over again, brilliant and classy midfielder, absolutely lambasted by Hearts fans who call him lazy because he doesn't charge about the field, does the hard things but makes it look easy.

His true value won't be realised until next season when he is gone 

Just now, AC Mallin_51 said:

He’s the new Djoum to some of the support. Apparently to a lot he’s not good enough/interested anymore. We’ll soon notice when he’s not there…

For the record I think Beni is better than Djoum but I personally thought Djoum was class 

Ah snap 😂 😂 😂 

Beni is quality, if only we could have the same guy back. Him and Barrie McKay have a similar spine though. 

AC Mallin_51
1 minute ago, Bozi said:

Ah snap 😂 😂 😂 

Great minds think alike 🤣

Vlad Magic

Beni is a shitebag aye?

Short term memory’s by some absolute fuds on here.

Tracked back and nicked the ball injuring himself in the process V Celtic at Tynie. Forrest takes the ball plays in Shankland and 2 nill and game over.

Without that tackle we would not have scored that goal which also knocked the stuffing out of Celtic.

But he’s a shitbag right??

Away n learn football.

RustyRightPeg
30 minutes ago, Bozi said:

This is like Djoum all over again, brilliant and classy midfielder, absolutely lambasted by Hearts fans who call him lazy because he doesn't charge about the field, does the hard things but makes it look easy.

His true value won't be realised until next season when he is gone 

Correct

So I've been critical of Beni, I think he's too cautious in possession and attacks break down because he's too slow and risk averse to release the ball forwards to an attacker. 

However

He has shown glimpses like against Motherwell, his assist for Shankland, his wee run against Hibs that injured Campbell :lol:, and even in the first half his forward passing was excellent. 

IMO a bit like Devlin, Beni's forward play has been a work in progress by the coaching team. The talent, ability and quality is all there, its just about giving him the confidence and such to actually do it. 

Him leaving at the end of the season is just silly IMO. Naismith I think can continue improving him as a player, and at the very least signing a 2 year deal, with a view of being sold next season makes sense. Gets him 12 months to stay fit, prove his fitness and keep developing. 

Fraggle

I'd like him to stay, but think he will go back south to be closer to his family. If he does, he goes with my best wishes for a successful and long career. We move on, as we always do as football fans. We have lost much better in the past, and that is no disrespect to Beni. If you can survive the childhood trauma of seeing Robbo leave, you can survive just about anything in footballing terms.

BigAlim

Would love him to stay and I don’t even think he’s got back to the level he was at pre-injury yet. Next season with more creative players around him I expect him to shine

Watt-Zeefuik

I expect he's going to wait until the window to decide, and he's going to find the offers down south are from places like Plymouth or Millwall that may be closer to home and offer a modest increase in income but not life changing and don't guarantee regular football.

I don't mean that staying will be the obvious choice, but the combination of continuity, European football, and a tidy increase on what we could offer in January once third is secured could all be enough to sway him and others to stay.

hearts00

His stats are better than the eye test. 

I am in the camp we need someone more athletic to kick on, who is more robust and less injury prone.  

However, next to better players, he could be far more effective. 

In all honesty I am happy if he stays and I am happy if he leaves.  

Edited by hearts00

chester copperpot

Anyone who we need to replace Beni is way beyond our reach.

No way are we replacing him easily.

Scott Leitch
4 hours ago, chester copperpot said:

Anyone who we need to replace Beni is way beyond our reach.

No way are we replacing him easily.

Yip. Absolutely brain dead thinking otherwise. 

DG_HMFC

Beni is a quality player who we will miss badly.

I hope he decides to sign a new deal.

He's a 'you don't know what you've got until it's gone', sort of player. Does a lot of the dirty work and generally goes unnoticed because he doesn't score goals.

gregzy2k7

Beni is an excellent number 6,

If that's what you are after then he is a great player, but you would need an equally excellent number 8 or box to box attacking midfielder In beside him to get the best out of your midfield, we don't really have that number 8, so the team overall suffer as a result of that.

My personal opinion is he is a great number 6 and can win the ball in the midfield like 95% of the time, but outside of that particular skill he doesn't have much else in his arsenal, 

Alot of times when he wins the ball ,He could play a ball forward quickly and catch the opposition out but he ends up taking too long and passing it either sideways or backwards and we look less creative as a result of this.

I personally think if we can bring in someone who is a little more than just a 6 we will improve as a team, but it will need to be someone who is of a certain quality, that we go out and spend money on.