When we play Rangers last day of the season.

mellors1874

Hectormasson
2 hours ago, Sir PH said:

Celtic should have the league wrapped up long before the last game, and they better hope they do. If not, Rangers couldn't pick an easier fixture than Hearts given our recent performances against them.

exactly👏👏👏👏&fth...

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sir PH

• dannymack

• Fozzyonthefence

• Jim_Duncan

NaturalOrder74

I don’t think we did play our best in the semi I don’t think sevco did either. If you turn up for these games like we did against Celtic home and away you can often pick up a result 

Gorgie_Rules
15 hours ago, No Idle Talk said:

Obviously Motherwell, Ross County, and Dundee, didn't get the memo. 

Ross County’s first ever win against them. Motherwell’s first win at Ibrox in decades.

Point me in the direction of a club outside of Celtic who has a record against them that you could describe as even marginally better than diabolical?

It doesn’t mean to say if we play to our capabilities and they aren’t on it then we can pick up a result, but if we start getting into the realms of judging Hearts managers on their record against the Old Firm then they are doomed from ever having any sort of longevity or success in the role.

The idea that we’ll be able to rock up and just obviously be able to implement an attacking set up which will equate to better results against the Old Firm is simplistic nonsense. 

4 minutes ago, Gorgie_Rules said:

Ross County’s first ever win against them. Motherwell’s first win at Ibrox in decades.

Point me in the direction of a club outside of Celtic who has a record against them that you could describe as even marginally better than diabolical?

It doesn’t mean to say if we play to our capabilities and they aren’t on it then we can pick up a result, but if we start getting into the realms of judging Hearts managers on their record against the Old Firm then they are doomed from ever having any sort of longevity or success in the role.

The idea that we’ll be able to rock up and just obviously be able to implement an attacking set up which will equate to better results against the Old Firm is simplistic nonsense. 

Kilmarnock. 

EH11 2NL

Despise Celtic. But would absolutely love it if by some miracle the league flips in favour of Rangers. They only need a point at Tynecastle and we turn them over losing them the league.

Never happening though, Celtic have it well in control. And if those circumstances arose, we'd be 3 down inside 25 minutes no doubt. 

Gorgie_Rules
4 minutes ago, Sir PH said:

Kilmarnock. 

One outlier out of 14 or so teams with an impressive 6 wins in 28 since Rangers revival. We have 4 wins against them in that time. 

Point remains that the gulf in finances from the Old Firm to the rest ensures that results against them are dictated almost entirely by their own performance on any given day.

2 minutes ago, Gorgie_Rules said:

One outlier out of 14 or so teams with an impressive 6 wins in 28 since Rangers revival. We have 4 wins against them in that time. 

Point remains that the gulf in finances from the Old Firm to the rest ensures that results against them are dictated almost entirely by their own performance on any given day.

6 in 28 and a few draws as well. That's more than acceptable for a club of Kilmarnock's size. 

Bairnjambo
7 minutes ago, Gorgie_Rules said:

I could be wrong but I think we have beaten Rangers 4 times since their return to the top league but also defeated them twice in the Championship?

I am unsure how many attempts were involved but we seem to have played Rangers a few times in each cup competition now.

Ex member of the SaS
On 23/04/2024 at 10:21, dannymack said:

Sick to the back teeth of the fans who demand this, the monotonous drivel for the want for Hearts to use the full on attack mode in these games is really tiresome.

So how did the game pan out? Oh yes we lost! Having a go and getting stuck in is the ONLY way to beat the bigots, as shown by Ross co and Dundee. Sit in and lose as virtually every other team in the league has shown. No need to go Gung Ho but get in their faces, stop them spraying passes and most of all stop their defenders wandering into our half. High tempo , making tackles and going at their defenders when they have the ball.

Bongo 1874

When we play Rangers last game of the season.

Get up there pipes and give them no time,getting the fans onside early doors.

Man Mark, don't allow Lundstram,Diomande, Cantwell time and space,be aggressive in the tackle no holding back,that doesn't mean get sent off ffs hard but fair.

Don't allow Souttar or Balogun or Goldson time to play out from the back.

Press them high.

Force them long.

Rangers four main passing options are Tavernier, Diomande, Lundstram, Cantwell, stop them you stop Rangers!!!!

dannymack
20 minutes ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

So how did the game pan out? Oh yes we lost! Having a go and getting stuck in is the ONLY way to beat the bigots, as shown by Ross co and Dundee. Sit in and lose as virtually every other team in the league has shown. No need to go Gung Ho but get in their faces, stop them spraying passes and most of all stop their defenders wandering into our half. High tempo , making tackles and going at their defenders when they have the ball.

So you answered your own question.

The Bigots ? Come on can we not for once use their formal name instead of the playground jibe ? 

" No need to go Gung Ho but get in their faces " ? 

Gung Ho, get in their faces is far different from having a go, I personally thought Hearts played much better than they did in comparison to previous big stage matches against Rangers.

Bongo 1874
18 minutes ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

Gung-ho is probably the way to go atleast from attack to midfield anyway.

Defence doesn't need to be as high can be lower.

Hunting in packs.

The best I've seen us do this under Naismith, is Ross county home,Aberdeen at home this season,Celtic at home last season we did lose last season.

But that was due to really poor officials.

We can do it.

We seem to approach bigger games somewhat being really nervous.

I don't understand this.

Especially at home we have a great support,that should be a massive advantage.

Are the players not buying into what is required, I don't believe it's the Gaffer his standards will be extremely high.

But I'm starting to seriously question it.

They aren't world beaters these players.

They should know how to press and make games extremely difficult,Dundee & Ross County did.

Another thing I would question is our fitness levels at the required levels, to play a high tempo pressing game.

I'm hoping this is drillied big time in the summer.

We should be the fittest team in the league,with our resources and training ground.

No excuses for that.

2 hours ago, dannymack said:

So you answered your own question.

The Bigots ? Come on can we not for once use their formal name instead of the playground jibe ? 

" No need to go Gung Ho but get in their faces " ? 

Gung Ho, get in their faces is far different from having a go, I personally thought Hearts played much better than they did in comparison to previous big stage matches against Rangers.

Grown men (I think) using these names is utterly tragic. They wouldn't dream of saying "Murderwell, St Midden, Sevco, Aberdoom, Hooped demons" etc in the real world. Chronic patter.

Edited by Sir PH

Robbo-Jambo
6 hours ago, mellors1874 said:

Every chance don't know why it's triggering you so much.

Rangers fans walk about calling Shankland,Shanks ?

Aye bet they do 😂

PortyBeach
8 hours ago, EH11 2NL said:

Despise Celtic. But would absolutely love it if by some miracle the league flips in favour of Rangers. They only need a point at Tynecastle and we turn them over losing them the league.

Never happening though, Celtic have it well in control. And if those circumstances arose, we'd be 3 down inside 25 minutes no doubt. 

It’s certainly advantage Celtic but I’m not sure they are “well in control”. I think there’s lots still to play for.

Particularly as for the final match, I imagine Celtic, like you, won’t have any confidence in Hearts’ ability to get a result…

No Idle Talk
9 hours ago, Gorgie_Rules said:

I haven't said any Hearts manager should be judged on his overall record against the Old Firm. Or that we should go out and take the game to them when we play them. So I assume you are alluding to things you have read elsewhere.

Again, in the context of Sunday's match, overall records against the Old Firm are pretty meaningless. Each match is it's own entity and Rangers played well below their level on Sunday. One of the key ingredients that has to happen for us to beat either half of the Old Firm is for them to have an off day. Well.........Sunday was that off day. It was an opportunity for us to beat them and we failed to step up to the mark and take that opportunity. The manager has hinted at it and at least one of the players has said as much. So I am not sure why you seem to be in denial about it or are making excuses for us for not getting the job done.

Edited by No Idle Talk

Bongo 1874
13 minutes ago, No Idle Talk said:

I haven't said any Hearts manager should be judged on his overall record against the Old Firm. Or that we should go out and take the game to them when we play them. So I assume you are alluding to things you have read elsewhere.

Again, in the context of Sunday's match, overall records against the Old Firm are pretty meaningless. Each match is it's own entity and Rangers played well below their level on Sunday. One of the key ingredients that has to happen for us to beat either half of the Old Firm is for them to have an off day. Well.........Sunday was that off day. It was an opportunity for us to beat them and we failed to step up to the mark and take that opportunity. The manager has hinted at it and at least one of the players has said as much. So I am not sure why you seem to be in denial about it or are making excuses for us for not getting the job done.

I don't agree with this off day,I think it's hugely discrediting towards the likes of Dundee& Ross County.

They both worked hard and got the results they fully deserved.

This idea that teams just roll up and are lucky against them is bullshit nonsense.

Because they had an off day.

Sorry that's hugely disgusting to say.

And I'm not having a go at you.

But you get what you put into a game in my opinion, okay sometimes you will be unlucky and thing's may not go your way.

But that wasn't the problem or cause on Sunday.

If anything Rangers didn't need to play spectacular like you said.

It was on us.

We failed big time.

The fundamentals of staying with your man are simple and very clear.

Football is a simple game for me.

That's why I want a set philosophy for the club to judge managers on, we are an attacking team that is possession based, out-of possession we should press.

It's really simple.

And young players can buy into this more modern style of play.

No player should be given special treatment, those are requirements meet them or you are out.

Quite simple.

Edited by Bongo 1874

16 hours ago, Sir PH said:

They obviously did have a Rangers beating plan and were anything but lucky. They were well worth the three points.

No they didn’t, if they had an actual strategy to beat Rangers then Rangers wouldn’t be at the pinnacle because everybody would beat them copying the RC plan.

And Ross County wouldn’t be down at the bottom because if they can strategise a way to beat Rangers then almost everyone else would be easy to beat

It’s sheer luck.

dannymack
6 hours ago, Sir PH said:

Grown men (I think) using these names is utterly tragic. They wouldn't dream of saying "Murderwell, St Midden, Sevco, Aberdoom, Hooped demons" etc in the real world. Chronic patter.

St.Midden I like... 😁

Edited by dannymack

HeartsandonlyHearts

Maybe it’ll be a league decider and we beat them. 🤔

6 hours ago, JFK-1 said:

No they didn’t, if they had an actual strategy to beat Rangers then Rangers wouldn’t be at the pinnacle because everybody would beat them copying the RC plan.

And Ross County wouldn’t be down at the bottom because if they can strategise a way to beat Rangers then almost everyone else would be easy to beat

It’s sheer luck.

Absolute garbage. 

gregzy2k7
4 hours ago, HeartsandonlyHearts said:

Maybe it’ll be a league decider and we beat them. 🤔

When was the last time we did that? Bout 4/5 years ago? Been a while anyway. At this point I'd even take beating them in a meaningless game for teams, Would be quite sweet if we ended there title hopes though.

Bazzas right boot

Another thread dominated by the same poster finding new ways to slag Hearts.

Ross county, Kilmarnock  now being used as the yard stick ....

Why can't the quotes of ignored users be ignored as well.

On topic, if we play like we did in the SF but avoid throwing in an early goal (we might try it) we'll have a very good chance, we could completely wreck their season 😁.

EH11 2NL
10 hours ago, PortyBeach said:

It’s certainly advantage Celtic but I’m not sure they are “well in control”. I think there’s lots still to play for.

Particularly as for the final match, I imagine Celtic, like you, won’t have any confidence in Hearts’ ability to get a result…

Would you have confidence? 5 games 5 loses this season, don't know where it can come from. 

Ex member of the SaS
14 hours ago, Sir PH said:

Once again you come to the rescue of your favored team ( it's not Hearts either ). You really are a tedious individual with your backing of Sevco. Oh wait I bet you don't like that name either eh?

4 minutes ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

Once again you come to the rescue of your favored team ( it's not Hearts either ). You really are a tedious individual with your backing of Sevco. Oh wait I bet you don't like that name either eh?

You're a complete bore with absolutely nothing original to say.

"Ex member of the SaS" Cringe 😂😂😂

PortyBeach
4 hours ago, EH11 2NL said:

Would you have confidence? 5 games 5 loses this season, don't know where it can come from. 

I wasn’t suggesting you were alone in your thinking! Like others, I share your view.

I was just adding that I think Celtic will share our pessimism…🤨

mellors1874
23 hours ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

Rangers fans walk about calling Shankland,Shanks ?

Aye bet they do 😂

Every chance means they or may not I couldn't give a toss mate I'm not that bothered about that kind of thing.

Clearly you are so good luck with that 😅

Hectormasson
17 hours ago, dannymack said:

St.Midden I like... 😁

st liedoon better,    and its true....

Hectormasson
On 24/04/2024 at 12:30, Hectormasson said:

exactly👏👏👏👏&fth...

if the tic havnt wrapped up league by time we get them last game, hearts should put out a weak team if they can, i remember o,neill doing this v killie years ago, when we beat dundee 2-0 same day, it cost us european spot, id like to see us cost them the league, 1986, similarity,   martin o,neill kept his team that day v killie, for hibs at hampden the following sunday, albeit killie beat tic reserves,  1-0,  and fth.......

8 minutes ago, Hectormasson said:

if the tic havnt wrapped up league by time we get them last game, hearts should put out a weak team if they can, i remember o,neill doing this v killie years ago, when we beat dundee 2-0 same day, it cost us european spot, id like to see us cost them the league, 1986, similarity,   martin o,neill kept his team that day v killie, for hibs at hampden the following sunday, albeit killie beat tic reserves,  1-0,  and fth.......

Careful calling Celtic "the Tic". @Robbo-Jambo will be on your case for being too cosy with them. Or maybe not.😁

Malinga the Swinga
On 24/04/2024 at 18:32, Sir PH said:

Couldn't give a **** what you think. Still, I wouldn't/haven't used any of these apart from Sevco, pretty much because it is a fact that Rangers died, some of their players walked away, and their supporters, who had gloated while their club signed players they couldn't afford, sat back and did nothing. Then a new club was formed to replace the previous vile version that was paid to rest.

Happily use It to any fan of theirs and any sympathisers if that dead club. 

On 24/04/2024 at 08:02, dannymack said:

Unfortunately it looks like you do... hopefully celtic lose out on the title before visiting Tynecastle. 

Hopefully Celtic win the title and The rangers are still skint

Hectormasson
11 minutes ago, Sir PH said:

Careful calling Celtic "the Tic". @Robbo-Jambo will be on your case for being too cosy with them. Or maybe not.😁

ive got cosier things to call them, but il keep them to myself for now😁😁😁😁😁😁 m8🇶🇦🇶🇦🇶🇦🇶🇦🇶🇦

10 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Couldn't give a **** what you think. Still, I wouldn't/haven't used any of these apart from Sevco, pretty much because it is a fact that Rangers died, some of their players walked away, and their supporters, who had gloated while their club signed players they couldn't afford, sat back and did nothing. Then a new club was formed to replace the previous vile version that was paid to rest.

Happily use It to any fan of theirs and any sympathisers if that dead club. 

Aye, so you keep saying 😴 maybe tell somebody who gives a toss? 

Robbo-Jambo
30 minutes ago, Sir PH said:

Eh ??

Malinga the Swinga
14 minutes ago, Sir PH said:

Aye, so you keep saying 😴 maybe tell somebody who gives a toss? 

Well you obviously do as you continue to defend them. Good try chucking in Motherwell and others but at least be honest, you don't care what they're called.

Rangers died, that's a 100% indisputable fact. Sevco replaced them, another fact.

Have a good night.

Just now, Malinga the Swinga said:

Well you obviously do as you continue to defend them. Good try chucking in Motherwell and others but at least be honest, you don't care what they're called.

Rangers died, that's a 100% indisputable fact. Sevco replaced them, another fact.

Have a good night.

😴😴😴

Malinga the Swinga
Just now, Robbo-Jambo said:

Eh ??

Ignore it, just PH trying to deflect from his dislike of posters using term Sevco.

1 minute ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Ignore it, just PH trying to deflect from his dislike of posters using term Sevco.

IMG-20200804-213152.jpg

whodanny
56 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Have a good night.

:clap::clap::clap:

buzzbomb1958
11 hours ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

Yes this guy is a Sevconian he doesn’t even hide the fact, any time someone talks against his beloved Sevco he gets annoyed and shows his real loyalties, probably in amongst them on Sunday .

So as it pisses him off 

Sevco Sevco Sevco Sevco Sevco Sevco Sevco Sevco Sevco Sevco Sevco Sevco 

zombies zombies zombies zombies zombies zombies zombies zombies 

3 minutes ago, buzzbomb1958 said:

Yes this guy is a Sevconian he doesn’t even hide the fact, any time someone talks against his beloved Sevco he gets annoyed and shows his real loyalties, probably in amongst them on Sunday .

So as it pisses him off 

Sevco Sevco Sevco Sevco Sevco Sevco Sevco Sevco Sevco Sevco Sevco Sevco 

zombies zombies zombies zombies zombies zombies zombies zombies 

Buzzkill, you've truly hurt me.😢

buzzbomb1958
14 minutes ago, Sir PH said:

Buzzkill, you've truly hurt me.😢

You are not kidding either 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

hereford_hearts

As long as the Sevco zombies persist in the pantomime of them still being the same team as pre 2012, then I want them to win bugger all! I'd rather Hibs win the title than them, and yes I wanted both to lose that cup final, but preferred Hibs to be the winners. 

dannymack
6 hours ago, JAYEL said:

Hopefully Celtic win the title and The rangers are still skint

Deary me. 

Jim_Duncan
6 hours ago, hereford_hearts said:

As long as the Sevco zombies persist in the pantomime of them still being the same team as pre 2012, then I want them to win bugger all! I'd rather Hibs win the title than them, and yes I wanted both to lose that cup final, but preferred Hibs to be the winners. 

:cornette_dog:

Watt-Zeefuik
6 hours ago, hereford_hearts said:

And people will continue to pretend to be shocked at this . . .

Jim_Duncan
1 hour ago, Watt-Zeefuik said:

And people will continue to pretend to be shocked at this . . .

Who’s pretending?

I cannot fathom how anyone wants Hibs to win trophies. How many Hearts games have to actually been to?

1 hour ago, Jim_Duncan said:

Who’s pretending?

I cannot fathom how anyone wants Hibs to win trophies. How many Hearts games have to actually been to?

The one big thing we had over them was their failure to win the Scottish Cup for over 113 years. That Hearts fans are happy we no longer have that is bizarre. But hey, Sevco and zombies and stuff.....