When we play Rangers last day of the season.

mellors1874

mellors1874

Yesterday we almost got the tactics spot on but few things we need to do at Tynecastle on the last day.

Play the same formation as yesterday.

The three behind Shankland need to be more smarter Grant was anonymous yesterday so it made Forrest do the job on the left of two players which meant he had to make up space to close Tav down.

Vargas was closer to Sterling which was the only positive from the lad yesterday a day to forget for him.

When Forrest was already on Tav he didn't get anywhere.

The space we gave through Grant being so lazy looking or disinterested also meant beni and Devlin were outnumbered 3-2 this meant we gave up space for the three rangers players to run into.

If we can get Hoff back in and make it a three with beni and Devlin it would be better I think.

We also need to get their back 4 turning towards their own goal as that worked second half.

Also need shanks to stay in the middle as no one else covers that space which means we have no out all.

Get the ball down the channels and hopefully take our chances as they are bang average.

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sir PH

• dannymack

• Fozzyonthefence

• Jim_Duncan

Fozzyonthefence

Will likely be Rangers under 18s so we might have a chance of a rare win against them.  Mind you we know what happened last time they put out their under 18s against us the week before the cup final!

AC Mallin_51

I think more than anything it’d end the season on a real high note. To mark our first win over Rangers in 4 years along with doing (at least) a double over Celtic would really round off what’s been a fantastic season

2 hours ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Will likely be Rangers under 18s so we might have a chance of a rare win against them.  Mind you we know what happened last time they put out their under 18s against us the week before the cup final!

Aye yer man Lowrey tore us a new one that day. Thought when we got him on loan was a great piece of business  how more wrong could I've been...🤦‍♂️

Gorgie_Rules

Will probably be the same as yesterday, we’ll play to our capabilities but a club with a much higher budget than ours will be able to handle us. Typically what happens in football, no point in anyone losing their shit over it.

33 minutes ago, Gorgie_Rules said:

Will probably be the same as yesterday, we’ll play to our capabilities but a club with a much higher budget than ours will be able to handle us. Typically what happens in football, no point in anyone losing their shit over it.

We're not playing to our capabilities, though, when we play Rangers. That's the issue. 

SectionDJambo
4 hours ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Could be, but that very much depends on if they need a result against us to have a chance of winning the league.

Fozzyonthefence
2 hours ago, Gorgie_Rules said:

What happened with that theory when Rangers played Ross County and Dundee in the last couple of weeks?  Or Aberdeen v Frankfurt, Coventry v Man Utd, etc, etc? Good job Naismith doesn’t have your  attitude or we’d have got pumped in every game against Celtic too. 

Typically what happens in football is that you get loads of surprise results (except when Hearts play Rangers) otherwise every bookie on the country  would go out of business.

Fozzyonthefence
1 hour ago, SectionDJambo said:

Could be, but that very much depends on if they need a result against us to have a chance of winning the league.

That’s why I said likely.  I expect the Huns to fold like a pack of cards at Celtic Park but stranger things have happened.   

buzzbomb1958

This will be a non game the title and final places will be done by then , Celtic will be champions, we will have our 3rd place and Killie will be 4th so the game versus the zombies will be a dead rubber excuse the pun

PortyBeach
49 minutes ago, SectionDJambo said:

Exactly. There is blatant bias from the Lanarkshire Referees Association in favour of the SFA’s XI.

We’ve beaten Celtic twice this season.  Teams like Motherwell and Ross County have recently beaten Rangers whereas we - ostensibly better than both these teams - seekingly flop when we play Rangers.

Why is that? Our latest failure to lay a glove on Rangers in an important match will no doubt add to the “low calorie cousins”/ “Huns without bus fares” jibes I’m not comfortable with. We need to do better against the Huns.

Pasquale for King
3 minutes ago, PortyBeach said:

Exactly. There is blatant bias from the Lanarkshire Referees Association in favour of the SFA’s XI.

We’ve beaten Celtic twice this season.  Teams like Motherwell and Ross County have recently beaten Rangers whereas we - ostensibly better than both these teams - seekingly flop when we play Rangers.

Why is that? Our latest failure to lay a glove on Rangers in an important match will no doubt add to the “low calorie cousins”/ “Huns without bus fares” jibes I’m not comfortable with. We need to do better against the Huns.

Spot on 

Gorgie_Rules
56 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

What happened with that theory when Rangers played Ross County and Dundee in the last couple of weeks?  Or Aberdeen v Frankfurt, Coventry v Man Utd, etc, etc? Good job Naismith doesn’t have your  attitude or we’d have got pumped in every game against Celtic too. 

Typically what happens in football is that you get loads of surprise results (except when Hearts play Rangers) otherwise every bookie on the country  would go out of business.

We were 9/1 for a reason. Rangers win the majority of games they play. They can be caught on an off day like Dundee and Ross county have but reality is they have far superior players and depth.

The ‘have a go’ brigade talk about football like its computer game and its an unfair stick to beat a Hearts manager with, particularly one thats managed to get one over Celtic home and away this season.

Luckies1874
1 hour ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Indeed. Good post.

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Exactly 👍🏽

20 hours ago, mellors1874 said:

Yesterday we almost got the tactics spot on but few things we need to do at Tynecastle on the last day.

The three behind Shankland need to be more smarter Grant was anonymous yesterday so it made Forrest do the job on the left of two players which meant he had to make up space to close Tav down.

Vargas was closer to Sterling which was the only positive from the lad yesterday a day to forget for him.

The space we gave through Grant being so lazy looking or disinterested also meant beni and Devlin were outnumbered 3-2 this meant we gave up space for the three rangers players to run into.

If we can get Hoff back in and make it a three with beni and Devlin it would be better I think.

We also need to get their back 4 turning towards their own goal as that worked second half.

Also need shanks to stay in the middle as no one else covers that space which means we have no out all.

Get the ball down the channels and hopefully take our chances as they are bang average.

Are you sure Pep:kirk:

dannymack
15 hours ago, buzzbomb1958 said:

This will be a non game the title and final places will be done by then , Celtic will be champions, we will have our 3rd place and Killie will be 4th so the game versus the zombies will be a dead rubber excuse the pun

I certainly hope not. 

dannymack
14 hours ago, Gorgie_Rules said:

We were 9/1 for a reason. Rangers win the majority of games they play. They can be caught on an off day like Dundee and Ross county have but reality is they have far superior players and depth.

The ‘have a go’ brigade talk about football like its computer game and its an unfair stick to beat a Hearts manager with, particularly one thats managed to get one over Celtic home and away this season.

Sick to the back teeth of the fans who demand this, the monotonous drivel for the want for Hearts to use the full on attack mode in these games is really tiresome.

Thunder and Lightning
18 hours ago, Gorgie_Rules said:

Glad we never get beat from teams with lower budgets than ours.

2 minutes ago, Thunder and Lightning said:

Glad we never get beat from teams with lower budgets than ours.

And we're not allowed to mention Killie's record against Rangers. It doesn't suit the narrative. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie

We have 62 points from 33 games by playing the way we do. By far the best return we have had in years, suggest we stick with the plan, just move it a little bit quicker than we have done against Rangers and defend better than we have against Rangers.

23 hours ago, mellors1874 said:

Grant is useless I don’t see anything in him.

We are poor in the midfield and nothing to support the front. 

We need 5-6 players for first 11 no doubt. 
The 3 he has signed will play first 11 maybe not Spittal but good chance. 
Midfield commander needed and pace on wings. 

mellors1874
2 hours ago, H2 said:

Are you sure Pep:kirk:

Better than Pep mate lol.

Fozzyonthefence
2 hours ago, dannymack said:

I certainly hope not. 

Pity you’re going to be gutted then. 

dannymack
17 hours ago, buzzbomb1958 said:

2 hours ago, dannymack said:

I certainly hope not. 

1 minute ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Pity you’re going to be gutted then. 

Gutted is the wrong word to use.

Bull's-eye

The answer is always very simple when we play either of the bigots, this season moreso Rangers because they are helped to dominate the middle of the pitch.

Cantwell was the best player on the pitch on Sunday, was exactly the same as Scott Brown in a Celtic top. Pretty much untouchable in games that matter, lost count of the fouls by Cantwell, all in crucial areas of the pitch. He then had carte blanche to run around kicking lumps out of everything in Maroon with the odd finger wave from McLean. All the while we are all waiting for the 1st foul by a Hearts player being swiftly followed by a Yellow.

If you can't compete in the middle of the pitch its very difficult to beat a better team, we're never allowed to compete in midfield against either of the Bigots. If they are up for it, its pretty much impossible to win against them with the helping hand they get.

Sunday was no different imo and as its not changed for decades i doubt it'll stop anytime soon.

Would love it if we beat them and as a result stopped them winning the title.

No, I don't favour the hooped demons.

Yes, I am bitter about the semi.

jamboozy
2 hours ago, Hansel said:

Ooo, you stole ma words! 
well said 👍

RedStarRiot
6 hours ago, Hansel said:

This. 

Hate them both but I’d love to watch their muppet fans faces drop when we deny them the title. At least cause some pain for them to take away and stew over for the long close season. 

Jim_Duncan
7 hours ago, Hansel said:

Imagine how long it’d take the Var check after we score for them to find something, anything, by which they could disallow it. 

No Idle Talk
On 22/04/2024 at 16:55, Gorgie_Rules said:

Obviously Motherwell, Ross County, and Dundee, didn't get the memo. 

Edited by No Idle Talk

19 minutes ago, No Idle Talk said:

Obviously Motherwell, Ross County, and Dundee, didn't get the memo. 

So they’re as good as a Rangers side that made the Europa league knockout stages and are on for a treble? 

Seaside Dave

Send out a deadwood 11. Thank them and get them out to **** and replace them with better players so we can charge on getting closer to top 2 and getting on our European adventure 

No Idle Talk
9 minutes ago, JFK-1 said:

So they’re as good as a Rangers side that made the Europa league knockout stages and are on for a treble? 

How have you got there? 

The point is, Rangers underperformed against all three of these teams in recent weeks and beat none of them in the process. Losing at home to Motherwell and away to Ross County. 

Which makes our failure to capitalise on another poor Rangers performance on Sunday all the more galling. 

Watt-Zeefuik

I think I'd rather have Cochrane and McKay down the left than Kingsley and Forrest. Hard to drop Kingsley though as he was quite good for the most part.

Real shame Hoff wasn't fit on Sunday. He would have made a big difference for us I think.

17 minutes ago, No Idle Talk said:

How have you got there? 

The point is, Rangers underperformed against all three of these teams in recent weeks and beat none of them in the process. Losing at home to Motherwell and away to Ross County. 

Which makes our failure to capitalise on another poor Rangers performance on Sunday all the more galling. 

Such results are irrelevant. They’re on for a treble because they’re better than these sides. It shouldn’t be so galling that they got lucky and Hearts didn’t. Ross County have no Rangers beating plan, they simply got lucky on the day.

Wee Mikey

6-3

️ -

A full house and an unforgettable result awaits ...

❤️❤️G❤️

7 hours ago, JFK-1 said:

Such results are irrelevant. They’re on for a treble because they’re better than these sides. It shouldn’t be so galling that they got lucky and Hearts didn’t. Ross County have no Rangers beating plan, they simply got lucky on the day.

They obviously did have a Rangers beating plan and were anything but lucky. They were well worth the three points.

19 hours ago, Lord Beni of Gorgie said:

We have 62 points from 33 games by playing the way we do. By far the best return we have had in years, suggest we stick with the plan, just move it a little bit quicker than we have done against Rangers and defend better than we have against Rangers.

No, we've got to be more like (checks thread) Kilmarnock, Motherwell, Dundee and Ross County.

Edited by cazzyy

Go for it 1308
On 22/04/2024 at 16:55, Gorgie_Rules said:

That's the spirit 👏 

dannymack
17 hours ago, Hansel said:

Unfortunately it looks like you do... hopefully celtic lose out on the title before visiting Tynecastle. 

132goals1958
25 minutes ago, dannymack said:

Unfortunately it looks like you do... hopefully celtic lose out on the title before visiting Tynecastle. 

To be fair I see his point. I have equal disdain for both of the gruesome twosome and the last thing I want is either of them actually winning the title on the final day on our patch. Would be quite funny though witnessing the anguish.

Jim Panzee
10 hours ago, JFK-1 said:

Teams are more or less judged over a whole season's set of games. Hence why the bigot brothers are 1st / 2nd in the league, both in the FA cup final and the rangers won the league cup.

There will be shock results along the way (the recent sevco defeats) - but the probability such results were likely to be an anomaly was always going to be high - as proven by our loss to them on Sunday.  

The sevco v Ross County / motherwell etc results were just those ones where the planets align and sevco lose. Similarly with recent Killie results - and they have the plastic pitch giving a slight home advantage. The teams with players of a much higher value will, over time, win a lot more games than lose. quick google search of killie v sevco head to head results from the last 50 games:

image.thumb.png.231f9c979cab41e8a0a540aa35b6ec42.png

1 hour ago, 132goals1958 said:

To be fair I see his point. I have equal disdain for both of the gruesome twosome and the last thing I want is either of them actually winning the title on the final day on our patch. Would be quite funny though witnessing the anguish.

Celtic should have the league wrapped up long before the last game, and they better hope they do. If not, Rangers couldn't pick an easier fixture than Hearts given our recent performances against them.

Robbo-Jambo
On 22/04/2024 at 12:52, mellors1874 said:

What's with the Tav stuff ?

Do you think the huns go about saying Shanks ?

drumie jambo
12 minutes ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

Was thinking that myself. Its doing my tits in everytime I read it. This is a Hearts forum not a feckin Sevco love-in

mellors1874
1 hour ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

Every chance don't know why it's triggering you so much.

mellors1874
1 hour ago, drumie jambo said:

Was thinking that myself. Its doing my tits in everytime I read it. This is a Hearts forum not a feckin Sevco love-in

Chris calm yerself imagine getting that triggered cause I used part of his surname.

Just now, mellors1874 said:

Chris calm yerself imagine getting that triggered cause I used part of his surname.

The Rangers obsessives jump on everything like that to prove how much they hate them and to move away from the mini hun tag. They're wasting their time. 

Early call, but you heard it here first. Last goal Hearts score on the 18 May will be Tait assist Wilson goalscorer. With the chant "They're one of our own" ringing round the ground as Gers title hopes smashed.