Too Naive and Too Nice

Leveins Battalion

6 minutes ago, Nelly Terraces said:

Said on another thread, but we are Rangers bitches. We're so lame against that club it's actually pathetic to watch. Yesterday was slightly less poor than the previous 2 dreadful performances at Hampden v them. 

Yesterday probably was less poor that previous meek surrender but it's an incredibly low bar. For a club that has a support to be able to share ticket allocation with the gruesome it really is pathetic as you describe. 

I wasn't overly optimistic ahead of yesterday but I felt that we couldn't keep falling short in these games. Sadly I was wrong. We'll hear about how the outcome is almost inevitable due to disparity in resources etc. The reality is it's a head thing for Hearts against Rangers as much as anything. Possibly the biggest part of it.

mrmarkus1981_1
1 hour ago, colinmaroon said:

Agreed.  But I must admit I am getting thoroughly sick of Forrest making a great run to the byline and trying to beat the keeper at his near post for the umpteenth time, when Shanks was in great position for a cut back.  Shanks reaction, caught briefly on cam, says it all.

image.png.5e8f0024981b826f0d3b0da675c0d54b.png

Thomaso
3 hours ago, Swanny17 said:

Pretty certain that any other team in the SPL would have pushed Rangers closer yesterday if not beat them. 

Any other team? 🤔

fabienleclerq
3 hours ago, This is My Story Podcast said:

We need to change our mindset as a club heading to Hampden or days like yesterday will remain the norm. The club is happy to get to Hampden, winning would just be a nice bonus. Rangers know they can’t lose. Rangers know the backlash if they lose. And their team always seem to manage to get it done. Our season objective was achieved when we beat Morton. That’s the difference currently. 

The game itself. We played well enough but just lacked decision making in the final 3rd. But I never felt like we had Rangers under the cosh at any point. Opportunity lost. 

You actually believe that?

Why do Hearts fans think we just have to flip a switch and beat the OF and then demand we beat teams because they have less of a budget.

chrystaf
1 hour ago, Carter said:

Yesterday probably was less poor that previous meek surrender but it's an incredibly low bar. For a club that has a support to be able to share ticket allocation with the gruesome it really is pathetic as you describe. 

I wasn't overly optimistic ahead of yesterday but I felt that we couldn't keep falling short in these games. Sadly I was wrong. We'll hear about how the outcome is almost inevitable due to disparity in resources etc. The reality is it's a head thing for Hearts against Rangers as much as anything. Possibly the biggest part of it.

I wonder that as well.  But is that not down to management skill?     don't think a bit of "Let's get into these basta@@s" would go amiss. Or let's employ a shrink.

jbee647
1 hour ago, Carter said:

2 hours ago, Nelly Terraces said:

Said on another thread, but we are Rangers bitches. We're so lame against that club it's actually pathetic to watch. Yesterday was slightly less poor than the previous 2 dreadful performances at Hampden v them. 

Made this point last night in the pub

Rangers are to us, what we are to Hibs, they comfortably have our number, the way we play as a club suits Rangers to a tee., sure we will occasionally get a result, but 9/10 Rangers will always beat us on the big occasion when they really need to.

Without big investment this won’t change, yesterday the lack of physicality and pace between both sides was evident.

Chillidigits
4 hours ago, colinmorewasgash said:

Too naive Too nice and usual didn't believe we could win. Sheep and Cov had nothing to lose and gave it their all. We could really do with a big guy or striker with a bit pace to unsettle teams up top. Our players looked tiny v Sevco so a bit more height in the team and another central defender that isn't a stick insect would also help. Shankland also seems to be playing more of a 10 last few weeks which is bizarre.

Based on what you say and from my simple way of thinking - in theory the further away from goal Shankland operates the fewer goal chances he is likely to get. He is a top goal scorer and playing him any way other than the spearhead of our attack is imo a mistake.

42 minutes ago, jbee647 said:

Made this point last night in the pub

Rangers are to us, what we are to Hibs, they comfortably have our number, the way we play as a club suits Rangers to a tee., sure we will occasionally get a result, but 9/10 Rangers will always beat us on the big occasion when they really need to.

Without big investment this won’t change, yesterday the lack of physicality and pace between both sides was evident.

Rangers will beat every team bar Celtic 9/10 on the big occasion, always have.

6 hours ago, Boris5115 said:

Powderpuff effort against a average side. Just before the start of the 2nd half I seen a fellow fan give McKinlay a barrage of abuse re spending money on a better quality of player. McKinlays face told me he didn't like what he was hearing. Our team needs to man up on these occasions. 

Forrest and Vargas aren't going to win us trophies. Its that simple. 

Get proper wingers who can beat their man, pick a pass/cross and hit their man. 

Bonus if they can actually take a corner too. 

(the answer is Danny Armstrong)

2 hours ago, mrmarkus1981_1 said:

image.png.2a2b7eec76173286536e7fbce6120f04.png

Therein lies the problem with Forrest. Easy ball across the 18 yard line, hits either Shanks or Vargas but because he cannot lift his head he can't see the options he has. 

You can pick game after game this season where he's done the exact same ****ing thing. 

True, this is just a still, he might have known Shanks/Vargas were there, but then why didn't he look to make the assist? Either way, its piss poor play. 

Edit: Grant also in an excellent position unmarked behind him. Cut back, no?

Edited by OTT

Boris5115
1 hour ago, OTT said:

Vargas has potential tbf. Armstrong is exactly the type of player that we should be targeting. Forrest is a squad player at best. 

4 hours ago, mrmarkus1981_1 said:

Hope that Forrest and the coaching staff have a good look at this. Almost any type of square ball from Forrest to his right falls directly into the path of an on-rushing and, in 3 cases, unmarked Hearts player.

Shankland was a better option a second or so later than this snapshot as he became more open, from memory, but the pass would have been tricker to execute, not least because Forrest’s head is down.

Such a pity that he’s evidently not even considering the option of a pass at this point.

colinmaroon
6 hours ago, mrmarkus1981_1 said:

Surely he's been pulled up about this?  If not, why not?  And if he has he should be fined!

Potentially costing us games, points by making the same selfish, glory hunting mistake repeatedly. 

HeartsandonlyHearts
8 hours ago, Bindy Badgy said:

Both Vargas and Forrest had opportunities where they tried to take too many touches. Both need to work on hitting the ball earlier.

Coventry second goal yesterday is why there’s nothing wrong with having a pop from around 20 yards. We have this tendency recently to try to always score the perfect goal. 
2012 final we scored 3 of 5 goals by just shooting and hoping(maybe 4).

Shankland header yesterday should have went back into the mix. Legs everywhere.

Come on Hearts get a clue. We’re not 1970 Brazil. We give up loads of $#!tty goals from deflections and blocked shots that no one knows where the balls going. Newco goals yesterday were prime examples of lucky ricochets. Who gives an actual **** how we score. Just shoot.

HeartsandonlyHearts
4 hours ago, cazzyy said:

Rangers will beat every team bar Celtic 9/10 on the big occasion, always have.

I hope the final is an absolute blood bath, cards galore, VAR **** ups, fights on and off the field and the loser loses because of horrendous officiating. 
But that’s just me.

Pasquale for King

Wouldn’t have thought we would be saying that about this managers teams, 7 fouls yesterday 🤦🏽

Pasquale for King
2 hours ago, RoiK said:

Hope that Forrest and the coaching staff have a good look at this. Almost any type of square ball from Forrest to his right falls directly into the path of an on-rushing and, in 3 cases, unmarked Hearts player.

Shankland was a better option a second or so later than this snapshot as he became more open, from memory, but the pass would have been tricker to execute, not least because Forrest’s head is down.

Such a pity that he’s evidently not even considering the option of a pass at this point.

At no point is he looking up, as soon as he got Shankland was ready for it. Squad player at best next season. 

Pasquale for King
10 hours ago, Boris5115 said:

Powderpuff effort against a average side. Just before the start of the 2nd half I seen a fellow fan give McKinlay a barrage of abuse re spending money on a better quality of player. McKinlays face told me he didn't like what he was hearing. Our team needs to man up on these occasions. 

Good

leginten
5 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Wouldn’t have thought we would be saying that about this managers teams, 7 fouls yesterday 🤦🏽

Three fouls against at Parkhead when we beat Celtic. Almost unbelievable.

But yes, Rangers dominated us physically yesterday, and players like Cantwell needed to be put on their arses a couple of times. Of course the yellow card then comes straight out for our players.

In general terms, we still need to bulk up. Bigger, stronger, faster players with the requisite skill levels. Not asking for much! In terms of our next European adventure, I imagine we’ll have to cope with several teams similar to Rangers in terms of athleticism, speed and physique. The Alan Forrests of this world just aren’t going to cut it.

Pasquale for King
25 minutes ago, HeartsandonlyHearts said:

I hope the final is an absolute blood bath, cards galore, VAR **** ups, fights on and off the field and the loser loses because of horrendous officiating. 
But that’s just me.

Me too. All summer to moan about it also. 

Pasquale for King
10 minutes ago, leginten said:

But yes, Rangers dominated us physically yesterday, and players like Cantwell needed to be put on their arses a couple of times. Of course the yellow card then comes straight out for our players.

In general terms, we still need to bulk up. Bigger, stronger, faster players with the requisite skill levels. Not asking for much! In terms of our next European adventure, I imagine we’ll have to cope with several teams similar to Rangers in terms of athleticism, speed and physique. The Alan Forrests of this world just aren’t going to cut it.

Can our players not bulk up, Rowles especially hasn’t. We can be fitter too. You have to be clever with the fouls, if only we had a manager that was an absolute shitehouse and an expert at that kind of thing. 
Agreed about Forrest, should never have been given a new contract or start yesterday. 

HeartsandonlyHearts
52 minutes ago, leginten said:

I was home in October 22. Went to the Newco game at Tynecastle. I don’t remember the team but I do remember thinking at the time that only Humphrey on our team looked up for a physical battle that day. Men against boys. We were bullied from the start. Not sure what the answer is. Who can forget Spurs at home. We can’t have a cull of all our wee boys. We’ll have no team left. And a 5 year rebuild again. ☹️

alicante jambo
1 hour ago, colinmaroon said:

Surely he's been pulled up about this?  If not, why not?  And if he has he should be fined!

Potentially costing us games, points by making the same selfish, glory hunting mistake repeatedly. 

He has done this so often. Some guy called him roadrunner yesterday, another guy sitting next to us said if the line wasnt there forrest would just continue running with the ball into the sevco end. We need better. Decision making and the shity passing across the park in midfield is stopping us really hurting teams. That yesterday summed up our fraileties pardon the spelling. Forrest no good enough, throw in grant.,Beni and cammy passing it constantly sideways out the 2 of them they cant hit a ball at goals its fecking crazy we have footballers who cant shoot. I dont know where to start with the goals conceded as they all made c_ nts of themselves. Vargas 5 years, rowles 5 years, you couldnt make this up. Dhanda will be an upgrade for sure. He likes to push forward and we should be pushing the boat out and getting armstrong. He is exactly what we need and dont have. But we need nore than what we have as come europe itll be 3 and 4 goals against again.

Too small and lacking real belief in final third all this talk of no effort is a farce of course they all tried.

Man City  and Barcelona are the only two teams I can think of that have won things with a midget midfield and devlin Beni  grant  Forrest ain’t getting a game for either of those two teams. 

Philfigo
11 hours ago, John Findlay said:

Yesterday was bitterly disappointing in the end result.

From my seat(though spent the whole game standing), G7 Row L 163, I thought we matched them the first half, despite going a goal down early due to poor defending, by more than one player.

The second half, I thought they scored their second against the run of play.

The big difference to me was their forwards took their shots when given the opportunity and ours didn't, sadly Vargas being the most guilty.

I personally don't believe the players lacked for effort yesterday, we just didn't have the composure when it was most needed.

Pick yourselves up lads and go and get the Three points at Rugby Park.

This was exactly how is saw the game and have been really confused as to what others story's of how we played have come out on here. 

PortyBeach
13 hours ago, Swanny17 said:

Pretty certain that any other team in the SPL would have pushed Rangers closer yesterday if not beat them. 

Recent results, e.g., Motherwell & Ross County would tend to support your argument. 
Just why we fail to emulate that performance level remains a mystery…

CaptainShanks
7 hours ago, OTT said:

Bang on. Neither Forrest nor Vargas are good enough against the Old Firm in games like yesterday but are good options for us. It's up to us in the transfer market to sign proven players like Armstrong who are good enough against them. 

merrymac
2 hours ago, HeartsandonlyHearts said:

I was home in October 22. Went to the Newco game at Tynecastle. I don’t remember the team but I do remember thinking at the time that only Humphrey on our team looked up for a physical battle that day. Men against boys. We were bullied from the start. Not sure what the answer is. Who can forget Spurs at home. We can’t have a cull of all our wee boys. We’ll have no team left. And a 5 year rebuild again. ☹️

Trouble is none of our pre contracts are exactly big physical specimens

its something we need to look at going forward we are an exceptionally small squad at the  moment 

I remember thinking against Killie it looked like boys against giants

I’ve said before Naismith is the new JJ he knows what’s required to win games home and away, he’s aware of his surroundings what the expectation is and how to achieve what we all want which is silverware. Under JJ we took a few sore ones from the OF especially at Hampden. He stayed strong kept building and at the end of what’s seems to be called a project these days we got that glorious day at Parkhead.

I see the same in Naismith, he’s not getting all hysterical when winning against them and equally losing to them.

For large parts of the game we matched Rangers, we created chances but made poor decisions in the final 3rd. Our defending for their goals was amateur but then we have a hugely weak link at Right back so it’s not the unit it needs to be. Rangers didn’t bother us too much but that’s not because they’re the worst ever rangers team as I heard yesterday it’s because we contained them and got them on the back foot at times. 

We absolutely went there to win that game by playing our game and that’s a huge positive for me, Naismith talks about believing in the process and I trust him to get that right, the transformation in those players under his coaching is incredible and I believe he’ll buy the right players and coach them into an excellent side. My worry is he might not complete it as he’ll be attracting attention soon enough.

I get it, it’s sore going through there and watching us get turned over but I definitely see something good happening on the pitch and at the club as a whole so let’s trust the manager.

27 minutes ago, CaptainShanks said:

Bang on. Neither Forrest nor Vargas are good enough against the Old Firm in games like yesterday but are good options for us. It's up to us in the transfer market to sign proven players like Armstrong who are good enough against them. 

I genuinely think Vargas can improve, but its going to take time. 

Forrest on the other hand, he's 27. Probably in his prime as a winger. This headless chicken routine is likely to be as good as it gets from him. Contrast pre-rangers Michael O'Halloran or Danny Armstrong, and the difference in quality really is night and day. I'm exhausted of watching him. Its just the same mistakes every week. 

I really hope Savage has Armstrong in his sights, because someone of his calibre would improve our attack immeasurably. A player capable of whipping in dangerous balls consistently, with the skillset to actually beat his man and the awareness to find his teammates. If Killie want £500-700k.. just pay it. With the European money coming in, we probably have a real opportunity to invest in our squad in a way which we probably haven't seen since Vlad. Bring in first 11 quality players, no foreign punts or development signings. Instant impact, the money is there. 

We're painfully close to having a very, very, very good squad but it just needs those final tweaks to get it at a level where we're able to turn our possession into breaking teams down with ease. Dhanda will add that as an attacking mid, Armstrong would add that out wide. McKay currently adds that, albeit he's been injured for large stretches of the season. Vargas & Forrest do not, Oda struggles and Tagawa has made no measurable impact. 

CaptainShanks
14 hours ago, OTT said:

I genuinely think Vargas can improve, but its going to take time. 

Forrest on the other hand, he's 27. Probably in his prime as a winger. This headless chicken routine is likely to be as good as it gets from him. Contrast pre-rangers Michael O'Halloran or Danny Armstrong, and the difference in quality really is night and day. I'm exhausted of watching him. Its just the same mistakes every week. 

I really hope Savage has Armstrong in his sights, because someone of his calibre would improve our attack immeasurably. A player capable of whipping in dangerous balls consistently, with the skillset to actually beat his man and the awareness to find his teammates. If Killie want £500-700k.. just pay it. With the European money coming in, we probably have a real opportunity to invest in our squad in a way which we probably haven't seen since Vlad. Bring in first 11 quality players, no foreign punts or development signings. Instant impact, the money is there. 

We're painfully close to having a very, very, very good squad but it just needs those final tweaks to get it at a level where we're able to turn our possession into breaking teams down with ease. Dhanda will add that as an attacking mid, Armstrong would add that out wide. McKay currently adds that, albeit he's been injured for large stretches of the season. Vargas & Forrest do not, Oda struggles and Tagawa has made no measurable impact. 

I agree Vargas can improve but I'm not sure you can teach someone to have a football brain which he lacks and will prevent him getting a move. He plays more on instinct. His finishing is an area where he can improve as he can strike a ball. 

You are spot on with Forrest. He is a workhorse and can beat a man but his final ball isn't great. Ideally he would be a squad player/option from the bench. McKay has the ability but never seems to perform in the big games. 

I don't think it's unreasonable for us to spend a couple of million spread across a few attacking players. Especially if we sell someone this window. 

It has always seemed to me that it is a lot easier for us to recruit quality defenders than attacking players. I have high hopes for Dhanda. Any time I have seen him he seems a very intelligent player with a good range of passing, technique etc.

HopeDiouf
15 hours ago, Rudy T said:

For large parts of the game we matched Rangers, we created chances but made poor decisions in the final 3rd. Our defending for their goals was amateur but then we have a hugely weak link at Right back so it’s not the unit it needs to be. 

Whilst I agree we need to improve at RB, I would say RB was probably the least to blame of all our defenders for the 2 goals.

On 22/04/2024 at 08:35, TexasAndy said:

We lacked quality and composure in final 3rd.  Vargas is getting a lot of stick for yesterday but it was typical of the stage he is at where he can produce great moments but needs to learn to keep a calm head when presented with opportunities to either have a shot or pick out a cross.   I don't think we played that badly but we lacked a belief in the key moments and that's the bit that frustrates me.

The forward players were hindered by no one making runs from midfield to shake things up. 

Rangers were happy for us to have possession. We never looked like hurting them with it.

On 22/04/2024 at 11:04, mrmarkus1981_1 said:

Shankland, Vargas and Grant all chance to score with a simple pass from Forrest.

One of many poor final third decisions that cost us this game and lots of others.

Diego10
On 22/04/2024 at 21:35, CaptainShanks said:

Forrest is an honest trier who lacks composure in the final third.  He's a decent squad player and no more.

Vargas has 8 goals in his first season in a foreign country aged 21.  Armstrong had done nothing at all in the top flight till he was 25.  If we'd signed him when Killie did our fans would have been doing their nuts about him no being good enough.  His first season at Killie he scored 2 goals in the championship.  He's subsequently had two excellent seasons for sure

TexasAndy
11 hours ago, Rods said:

Shankland, Vargas and Grant all chance to score with a simple pass from Forrest.

One of many poor final third decisions that cost us this game and lots of others.

I hadn't noticed how open they were in that moment.  I like the way Forrest was running at them and wished he'd done it more but, yeah, a wee look up, a pass inside and we have a big big chance.  That decision making is the difference between a good player and a top player.

CaptainShanks
11 hours ago, Diego10 said:

Forrest is an honest trier who lacks composure in the final third.  He's a decent squad player and no more.

Vargas has 8 goals in his first season in a foreign country aged 21.  Armstrong had done nothing at all in the top flight till he was 25.  If we'd signed him when Killie did our fans would have been doing their nuts about him no being good enough.  His first season at Killie he scored 2 goals in the championship.  He's subsequently had two excellent seasons for sure

Agreed on Forrest and the reaction if we had signed Armstrong. 

Just looked at Armstrong's stats and he is definitely a late bloomer. Nisbet was similar in that he bounced a few Championship before really kicking on. It often comes down to application. Armstrong certainly looks like he spends a lot of time in the gym which is probably reflected in the amount of time he spends on the training pitch.

Jim Panzee
On 22/04/2024 at 13:44, OTT said:

Aye - or another way of writing this is:

£200k / £300k players aren't going to win us trophies. Its that simple. 

and

(the answer is spending close to a million quid on a player)

Sevco wide men on Sunday worth what - £3m - £6m?

3 hours ago, TexasAndy said:

I hadn't noticed how open they were in that moment.  I like the way Forrest was running at them and wished he'd done it more but, yeah, a wee look up, a pass inside and we have a big big chance.  That decision making is the difference between a good player and a top player.

Its simple in game intelligence. The Rangers defenders are on the backfoot a simple pass backwards and we have a good chance of a shot at goal. Mind you the way the team play we would have tried an extra pass instead of shooting.

24 minutes ago, Jim Panzee said:

Aye - or another way of writing this is:

£200k / £300k players aren't going to win us trophies. Its that simple. 

and

(the answer is spending close to a million quid on a player)

Sevco wide men on Sunday worth what - £3m - £6m?

Danny Armstrong £600k (maybe less)

I'd say we have the worst wingers in the top 6. We can absolutely improve without spending stupid amounts of money, Hibs have spent c£750k on players like Youan and Vente. We could spend less than that and get Armstrong. He's also in his last year so Killie need to decide what they're doing. 

Likewise, McCowan would improve us and not cost anywhere near stupid money. 

If we had halfways competent wingers, we'd have converted at least one chance that was teed up for Forrest and Vargas

Ronald Villiers
7 hours ago, Rods said:

Its simple in game intelligence. The Rangers defenders are on the backfoot a simple pass backwards and we have a good chance of a shot at goal. Mind you the way the team play we would have tried an extra pass instead of shooting.

Exactly and we'll hopefully learn from these type of situations.  Forest makes a great run but is too determined to go for glory and get through for a shot or to cut it back at the by-line, eyes fixed on the ball.  Surely he was looking and was aware that he had support from Shanks, Vargas, Grant even Devlin.  I couldn't see it from where I was sitting and didn't bother watching the game again but an on form Shankland would have got a first time shot away, hitting the target and likely scoring if he got the pass.  On Sunday, Shankland would have taken possession, had too many touches and lost the ball.  He wouldn't allow the ball to run through to Vargas and if Vargas got the ball, even if Forrest chipped it over to him for a header, he'd balloon it over.  Grant would probably be the best option for a cut back, but he'd end up on his arse.  Sunday wasn't meant to be unfortunately and we'll move on.  I'm sure we will with the new signings.  This season reminds me a bit of the 95-96 season against that lot.  See what happened over the next couple of seasons.  Believe!  

8 minutes ago, Ronald Villiers said:

Exactly and we'll hopefully learn from these type of situations.  Forest makes a great run but is too determined to go for glory and get through for a shot or to cut it back at the by-line, eyes fixed on the ball.  Surely he was looking and was aware that he had support from Shanks, Vargas, Grant even Devlin.  I couldn't see it from where I was sitting and didn't bother watching the game again but an on form Shankland would have got a first time shot away, hitting the target and likely scoring if he got the pass.  On Sunday, Shankland would have taken possession, had too many touches and lost the ball.  He wouldn't allow the ball to run through to Vargas and if Vargas got the ball, even if Forrest chipped it over to him for a header, he'd balloon it over.  Grant would probably be the best option for a cut back, but he'd end up on his arse.  Sunday wasn't meant to be unfortunately and we'll move on.  I'm sure we will with the new signings.  This season reminds me a bit of the 95-96 season against that lot.  See what happened over the next couple of seasons.  Believe!  

I am getting that pre 97 vibe aswell and next season I am expecting some decent wins at home, similar to the Livingston game.

Malinga the Swinga
7 hours ago, OTT said:

Danny Armstrong £600k (maybe less)

I'd say we have the worst wingers in the top 6. We can absolutely improve without spending stupid amounts of money, Hibs have spent c£750k on players like Youan and Vente. We could spend less than that and get Armstrong. He's also in his last year so Killie need to decide what they're doing. 

Likewise, McCowan would improve us and not cost anywhere near stupid money. 

If we had halfways competent wingers, we'd have converted at least one chance that was teed up for Forrest and Vargas

Where are you getting the £600k(or less) from for Armstrong? They were supposed to be looking for £1m plus.

rudi must stay
On 22/04/2024 at 06:33, Leveins Battalion said:

Read a lot of threads yesterday and I think a lot of it was reactionary to the game specifically.

On reflection I don't actually think we played that bad,the 1st half was pretty even however we get caught out early on again as we are not streetwise enough.I think Kingley,Forrest and Rowles could all of done better with the 1st goal.Rowles especially has to toughen up,he is far too slight and nowhere near nasty enough to cope with physical strikers.

Our wingers also need to get some fire in their belly,Forrest,McKay,Oda and Vargas are all good players but they miss that nastyness that players Iike Armstrong have or our own Suso had.

I also think Nasiy could take a leaf out of Paulo Sergios book for how to conduct and talk before a big game,I was a bit uncomfortable reading his comments in the media before hand.

Once again the fans turned up,I thought Rangers fans were muted throughout,it's just a shame that we have nothing to celebrate.

Onto Killie🇱🇻

Fire in the belly is spot on. I believe Forests goal v Hibs happened because he was pumped up. Both Celtic and Rangers have players that are pumped 

up, it's usually their attacking players

Spellczech

We lack shape against Rangers.

Rangers are really good at pressing. They are also really good at forming triangles to give at least 2 viable options to the man in possession. The other thing they do great is that when their press requires us to go long, they will have one man challenging for the ball and another standing off awaiting the ricochet from the the 50:50. 

By contrast, we lose our shape often, we don't work hard enough to find or create space to offer the man in possession options. Often this results in either a tame lateral or backward ball which helps the possession % stat but nothing else, or an hopeful or a telegraphed pass which then becomes a 50:50...

Whilst it is easy to say "they have better players", it is basic stuff that we are not doing...Hard work is not just flying into tackles and tracking back after getting robbed of possession. The real hard work that earns you wins is finding space, and moving off the ball to drag defenders out of position.

Ronald Villiers
3 hours ago, Rods said:

I am getting that pre 97 vibe aswell and next season I am expecting some decent wins at home, similar to the Livingston game.

I hope so mate.  🤞