berra on new gaffer

rumbles1874

rumbles1874

it good to hear that every player that has been asked about csaba has not had a bad word to say

Not captain material imo.

Completely agree however maybe Csaba would rather keep Berra and spent his budget on full backs or strikers. Part of me thinks maybe it was a little incentive to persuade him to stay ? If it was then it was a good move by Csaba. I know loads on here would happily sell him but IMO he is our best defender and am glad he is staying(if he does).

ToadKiller Dog
Not captain material imo.

Thought it was a more grown up sounding interview Berra gave if still a little nervous ,maybe is missing that wee edge in his manner that makes a captain .

Dirk Diggler
Thought it was a more grown up sounding interview Berra gave if still a little nervous ,maybe is missing that wee edge in his manner that makes a captain .

I would agree with that, He did seem more relaxed when talking, but still sounded like a wee laddie at times (which I suppose he is in Football terms)

He does have a habit of going off on one when asked a question.

Not quite as bad as John Hughes though, have you heard him?

I remember after a game last season we were listening to the radio and he was asked a question when we were in the car on Gorgie rd. He was still answering it as we were leaving the Bypass at the Lasswade Exit.

Sheesh.

Guest jambomickey

everything that's coming from the manager and players seem positive right now! long may it continue.

Denny Crane

According to the Saturday night edition of the Sunday Mirror, Vlad has had to block Berra's "dream move to Ibrox" (their words not mine I must add)

I really wish we'd got rid of this useless piece of sh**e, along with every other member of the so called 1st team squad from last season, their performance was totally unacceptable for so called professional players

sandylejambo

bigwull has a point, if we were to get any monies whatsoever for any of last season's players, take it, every one of them let us down and though berra was better than most, that would'nt be hard and he's never captain material, so how do you tell a player thats still wanted at the club that he is no longer captain? punt him i say

Berra was one of the better players last season and suffered more(criticism) because of him being captain and having sheiite around him on the park.

Berra is a solid defender and still learning. Being made captain quite young at a professional club like Hearts was a mistake and was one of many wrong decisions made at a shambolic club last season.

I like Berra, he puts himself in where it hurts but needs to brush up on his passing out of defence.

Archived