Semi ratings

Geoff Kilpatrick

Jambolass
2 hours ago, maroonsgotop said:

wrong game, the pen was at Tynecastle. he was outstanding at Darkheid and a key reason we won that day

👍🏼 Realised that I was actually out the country at the time. 

Shame I missed the exception to the rule. 

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ricardo Quaresma

• HopeDiouf

• kingantti1874

• Bad Religion

On 21/04/2024 at 17:53, Thurlaston said:

Gordon 5

Atkinson 4

Kent 6

Rowles 3

Kingsley 5

Beni 5

Devlin 5

Vargas 2

Grant 2

Forrest 3

Shankland 3

Oda 3

McKay 2

Lembikisa 3

Tait 1

Tagawa 1

Predictability at bottling it at Hampden 10

Predictability at giving away a soft early goal 10

100% spot on.

Ricardo Quaresma
12 hours ago, Dennis Law said:

Disagree with the heading however it’s the worst old firm sides for years and the rest of Scottish football can’t lay a glove on them  finishing above either of them in the league or by getting  to a Scottish cup final in place of them. Shows how rank Scottish football is. It’s becoming boring and in the absence of any manager outside the old firm having the balls or ability to beat them the game here is a laughing stock outside Scotland.

Would say our team and killie, 'well & county making inroads recently; last Season the midden & livi too, not to mention the sheep taking some points, albeit only the rangers, unlike ourselves as we can apparently only take points from the green cheek, only 2 draws since stendel tore the zombie's season to shreds in a league / cup double header; were celtic grateful? Na

19 hours ago, HopeDiouf said:

3 more experienced players beni kent and rowles should've taken a booking and bailed  tait out. Plenty chances to have dealt with that after tait lost ball.

There's very serious questions to answer there; Tait was right to do what he did, but a smidgeon of nervousness meant he knocked it too far and they got their ridiculous 2nd, game over

Next time, normal composure and he'll finish the move; just because it's the rangers at Hampden doesn't change the amount of time he has; he just hurried it a tiny bit and lundstram, I think, caught him out

17 hours ago, maroonsgotop said:

wrong game, the pen was at Tynecastle. he was outstanding at Darkheid and a key reason we won that day

He was good by his usual standards at darkheid, but not very good, or as good as some people think he is; barely good enough for playing against bottom 4 in this league

Gordon - 7 - Couple of decent saves, no errors

Kent - 7 - Generally solid except first goal, made best scoring opportunity

Kingsley - 7 - No big issues

Atkinson - 5 - Just seemed to be off it

Rowles - 5 - Back to his powder puffing

Baningime - 5 - stood on the penalty spot and watched the game as Rangers scored their second.

Grant - 5 - Expected so much more after his recent form.

Devlin - 7 - Give some of our other players his enthusiasm.

Shankland - 5 - Not his day

Vargas - 5 - Not his day

Forrest - 5 - Run Forrest Run.

Oda - 6 - Tried hard

McKay - 1- Saw him come on as a sub.

Lembikisa - 5 - Might have helped to have him at the start

Tait - 2 - Not his day

Tagawa - 3 - Looked interested, but....

RustyRightPeg
On 21/04/2024 at 17:16, The Mercer Takeover said:

Gordon - 6 - Very little to do, apart from pick the ball out the net twice

Kent - 7 - Generally good

Kingsley - 7 - Reliable 

Atkinson - 5 - Typical performance.

Rowles - 5 - Lightweight 

Baningime - 7 - Very composeds display

Grant - 1 - Wearing the stealth strip again. Utterly dreadful and needs moved on during the summer window.

Devlin - 8 - Non stop

Shankland - 6 - Not his day

Vargas - 4 - Poor. He's just not reliable enough.

Forrest - 4 - Headless chicken

Subs:

Oda - 6 - Made a difference

McKay - 4 - Looked ok

Lembikisa - 4 - Ok

Tait - 0 - Dreadful yet again and sold the jerseys. If you play in the first team, being a youngster does not dismiss you from any criticism. Too small, too lightweight, too slow and nowhere near ready. Needs loaned out to prove himself for a couple of seasons. He is a constant liability. Should not play again this season.

Tagawa - 0 - Another who needs punted.

Tait a 0 and Devlin an 8. Sums you up. 

Devlin was bullied all game and didn't get close to Lundstram all game. Are you forgetting Ross County and Dundee's midfield made him look like he'd won a competition to play for Rangers twice in the 7 days before we play them. We rock up and let him waltz about and dictate play.

Atkinson a 5 also, did nothing wrong and they took Matondo off as soon as they could. We put Dexter on to chase the game as he's more offensive.

Bad Religion
Just now, H2 said:

Gordon - 7 - Couple of decent saves, no errors

Kent - 7 - Generally solid except first goal, made best scoring opportunity

Kingsley - 7 - No big issues

Atkinson - 5 - Just seemed to be off it

Rowles - 5 - Back to his powder puffing

Baningime - 5 - stood on the penalty spot and watched the game as Rangers scored their second.

Grant - 5 - Expected so much more after his recent form.

Devlin - 7 - Give some of our other players his enthusiasm.

Shankland - 5 - Not his day

Vargas - 5 - Not his day

Forrest - 5 - Run Forrest Run.

Oda - 6 - Tried hard

McKay - 1- Saw him come on as a sub.

Lembikisa - 5 - Might have helped to have him at the start

Tait - 2 - Not his day

Tagawa - 3 - Looked interested, but....

Apart from gifting them the first goal.

Ricardo Quaresma
22 minutes ago, Bad Religion said:

You don't think sima would have got that ball if he let it go?

22 minutes ago, Bad Religion said:

Along with Rowles who gave the ball away then sauntered lazily and a couple of others who should have been stronger.

Bad Religion
6 minutes ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

I never said he should have let it go. 

Bad Religion
6 minutes ago, H2 said:

Along with Rowles who gave the ball away then sauntered lazily and a couple of others who should have been stronger.

Yeah, really poor defending all round. 

HopeDiouf
8 minutes ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

had a decent angle at the game and thought he would get it.  but hard to be sure really.

Ricardo Quaresma
2 minutes ago, Bad Religion said:

I never said he should have let it go. 

What should he have done then?

RustyRightPeg
7 minutes ago, H2 said:

1 minute ago, Bad Religion said:

Yeah, really poor defending all round. 

Kingsley was unorthodox but there's 3 loose balls after that and we lose every single one. Tav is on the ground and Rowles doesn't come away with the ball. It's inexcusable in any game, but our biggest game of the season...

:facepalm: 

Bad Religion
Just now, Ricardo Quaresma said:

What should he have done then?

Controlled it and cleared it.

What do you think he should have done?

Ricardo Quaresma
7 minutes ago, Bad Religion said:

Controlled it and cleared it.

What do you think he should have done?

Probably better than he did, but there were other, more critical failures than the 1st one, for both goals

HopeDiouf

Probably better than he did, but there were other, more critical failures than the 1st one, for both goals

all part to blame for me.  Kingsley could do better.  Forrest could do better.  Rowles should do better.  Kent and Atkinsons should do better.  Gordon could do better.

Ricardo Quaresma
2 minutes ago, HopeDiouf said:

all part to blame for me.  Kingsley could do better.  Forrest could do better.  Rowles should do better.  Kent and Atkinsons should do better.  Gordon could do better.

Gordon a bit rusty like last week proved with the overly careful clearance, but what did he do wrong? He got megged, yes, very very rare for him, but he's still rusty and should've been played more really, before now, knowing he was in for this game

The 'meg was a totally unintended event

HopeDiouf

Gordon a bit rusty like last week proved with the overly careful clearance, but what did he do wrong? He got megged, yes, very very rare for him, but he's still rusty and should've been played more really, before now, knowing he was in for this game

The 'meg was a totally unintended event

yeah tbf wasn't suggesting he should've saved it, more he could've got lucky/had a wonder save.

Ricardo Quaresma
2 minutes ago, HopeDiouf said:

yeah tbf wasn't suggesting he should've saved it, more he could've got lucky/had a wonder save.

Agree; a bit more match practice and I think he'd have done just that

1 hour ago, Bad Religion said:

I'm a big Kingsley fan but that was dreadful at the first goal. How Rowles manages to lose out to Tavernier when he's fallen over and lying on the ground is beyond belief. 

Someone is fundamentally wrong when we repeatedly concede inside 10 mins in big games. 

Bad Religion
Just now, Carter said:

I'm a big Kingsley fan but that was dreadful at the first goal. How Rowles manages to lose out to Tavernier when he's fallen over and lying on the ground is beyond belief. 

Someone is fundamentally wrong when we repeatedly concede inside 10 mins in big games. 

Yeah he panicked for whatever reason, maybe the occasion, **** knows. 

He had ample time and space to take a touch and roll it back to Gordon or just get rid of it. I doubt he would have made the same mistake at Tynecastle against different opposition. 

A_A wehatethehibs
16 minutes ago, Carter said:

It’s not the best from Kingsley but it’s an awkward height. After the 2nd ball it’s a straightforward mop-up situation for most typical CHs to go and leather it down range clearing out ball and man if necessary. Not something the pathetic Rowles is capable of. 

A_A wehatethehibs

Nothing sums up Kye Rowles as a CB more than that 1st goal. Just go and ****ing hammer your laces through that, full force. Probably would be a free kick to rangers anyway so just get it cleared. But he hesitated. 😣

Edited by A_A wehatethehibs

14 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Nothing sums up Kye Rowles as a CB more than that 1st goal. Just go and ****ing hammer your laces through that, full force. Probably would be a free kick to rangers anyway so just get it cleared. But he hesitated. 😣

Agreed. It was pathetic from Rowles. Any professional footballer should be embarrassed to fail to win the ball in that situation. 

I wonder if the Board are having to adjust their expectations on what fees may be realistically achieved for Rowles, Cochrane and Shankland this summer. 

On 21/04/2024 at 17:05, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Gordon - 6 - Couldn't do anything about either goal and anything else he was involved in was routine

Kent - 6 - Contributed to the comedy of their first. Otherwise had a solid game

Kingsley - 7 - Solid and held the left side together

Atkinson - 5 - Part of the keystone cops at their first. Nondescript otherwise

Rowles - 5 - Soft at both goals. Ok otherwise

Baningime - 8 - MoM. Needed others to rise to his level. We will miss him next season

Grant - 4 - Invisible, even more so when he was shunted to right midfield for the second half

Devlin - 7 - Booking hindered him but his effort was an example to others

Shankland - 5 - Seemed to spend his time complaining about people not going where he wanted when he had done a Michael Stewart and given the ball away

Vargas - 4 - I had romanticised that he would score in every round as we lifted the cup but that performance summed up why neither of those was happening

Forrest - 5 - His effort in the first half summed up our day. Run into an opportunistic position and then either choose the wrong option or waste it

Subs:

Oda - 6 - Two decent efforts. His defending might not have been the best but looked our most likely scorer

McKay - 4 - A typical Barrie McKay performance against the Old Firm, i.e. meh

Lembikisa - 5 - Defended well and put in a couple of good crosses

Tait - 2 - Sold the jerseys but I will give him credit for at least trying to make something happen

Tagawa - 1 - I think he touched the ball twice

Grant is invisible every game I don’t get the love for him from many.

1 hour ago, Carter said:

Agreed. It was pathetic from Rowles. Any professional footballer should be embarrassed to fail to win the ball in that situation. 

I wonder if the Board are having to adjust their expectations on what fees may be realistically achieved for Rowles, Cochrane and Shankland this summer. 

Rowles Sibbick cost us so many goals 

Either play sibbick in front of defence or get rid 

upgotheheads
On 21/04/2024 at 17:05, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Gordon - 6 - Couldn't do anything about either goal and anything else he was involved in was routine

Kent - 6 - Contributed to the comedy of their first. Otherwise had a solid game

Kingsley - 7 - Solid and held the left side together

Atkinson - 5 - Part of the keystone cops at their first. Nondescript otherwise

Rowles - 5 - Soft at both goals. Ok otherwise

Baningime - 8 - MoM. Needed others to rise to his level. We will miss him next season

Grant - 4 - Invisible, even more so when he was shunted to right midfield for the second half

Devlin - 7 - Booking hindered him but his effort was an example to others

Shankland - 5 - Seemed to spend his time complaining about people not going where he wanted when he had done a Michael Stewart and given the ball away

Vargas - 4 - I had romanticised that he would score in every round as we lifted the cup but that performance summed up why neither of those was happening

Forrest - 5 - His effort in the first half summed up our day. Run into an opportunistic position and then either choose the wrong option or waste it

Subs:

Oda - 6 - Two decent efforts. His defending might not have been the best but looked our most likely scorer

McKay - 4 - A typical Barrie McKay performance against the Old Firm, i.e. meh

Lembikisa - 5 - Defended well and put in a couple of good crosses

Tait - 2 - Sold the jerseys but I will give him credit for at least trying to make something happen

Tagawa - 1 - I think he touched the ball twice

Shankland has every right to complain. Forrest,  Vargas, and Oda all had opportunities to play him in and didn't take them.

Grant had a poor game and considering the first goal stemmed, in my opinion at least, to the midfield, offering no cover for the back 4 and not getting into the game for the first 15 minutes.

kingantti1874
1 hour ago, upgotheheads said:

Shankland has every right to complain. Forrest,  Vargas, and Oda all had opportunities to play him in and didn't take them.

Grant had a poor game and considering the first goal stemmed, in my opinion at least, to the midfield, offering no cover for the back 4 and not getting into the game for the first 15 minutes.

On the Vargas one, if you are referring to the one in the second half shanks was offside causing Vargas to delay. That was shanks fault all day.

apologies if it was a different one 

pettigrewsstylist
7 hours ago, H2 said:

The first goal is squarely on Rowles shoulders. Pathetic.

pettigrewsstylist
6 hours ago, Carter said:

Cant see any decent offers coming in for Rowles tbh.

pettigrewsstylist
4 hours ago, upgotheheads said:

Watch Grant for the chance down the right a few mins earlier that Dessers missed. 2 mins in, chat about a strong start, take a look. 🤮

Dalstonjambo
6 hours ago, Carter said:

Rowles I agree. The other 2 I'm not sure the logic of lumping them in with him.

1 hour ago, Dalstonjambo said:

Rowles I agree. The other 2 I'm not sure the logic of lumping them in with him.

Sunday was a big kick in the bollocks for Cochrane. There must be something at play with him. 

Dalstonjambo
10 minutes ago, Carter said:

Sunday was a big kick in the bollocks for Cochrane. There must be something at play with him. 

I wonder if part of it was because he’s made some rash decisions in big games. However he’s been one of our best players this season and I would argue it’s a bigger kick in the bollocks for Naismith who made the wrong decision not playing him given the way Rowles performed. Kingsley in one and Cochrane playing seems the right decision with hindsight (and probably the one most would have made before). Naismith over thought it and got it wrong. 

Gundermann

Cntwell in TotW... :seething:

Forrest gets in though.  :whistling:

FB_IMG_1713901516648.thumb.jpg.7571bd9f1ade6077a205f60940d1cd31.jpg

On 21/04/2024 at 09:26, hereford_hearts said:

I'm driving over, so will have one beer before I go, and one after. It's none of my business if a fellow jambo cracks a can open at 9am to get his personal party started. 

Armageddon

See when Barrie Mckay runs at players full pelt then he can be really effective, see when he does this painfully slow walk on the wing, nothing comes of it as the ball is very easily nicked off him.

He needs to be more direct like Forrest IMO.

RUN BARRIE RUN!!

Ricardo Quaresma
4 hours ago, Armageddon said:

See when Barrie Mckay runs at players full pelt then he can be really effective, see when he does this painfully slow walk on the wing, nothing comes of it as the ball is very easily nicked off him.

He needs to be more direct like Forrest IMO.

RUN BARRIE RUN!!

Most people think he CBA doing anything these days

Armageddon
17 hours ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

Most people think he CBA doing anything these days

He likes playing golf at The Renaissance Club!