Semi ratings

Geoff Kilpatrick

Geoff Kilpatrick

Gordon - 6 - Couldn't do anything about either goal and anything else he was involved in was routine

Kent - 6 - Contributed to the comedy of their first. Otherwise had a solid game

Kingsley - 7 - Solid and held the left side together

Atkinson - 5 - Part of the keystone cops at their first. Nondescript otherwise

Rowles - 5 - Soft at both goals. Ok otherwise

Baningime - 8 - MoM. Needed others to rise to his level. We will miss him next season

Grant - 4 - Invisible, even more so when he was shunted to right midfield for the second half

Devlin - 7 - Booking hindered him but his effort was an example to others

Shankland - 5 - Seemed to spend his time complaining about people not going where he wanted when he had done a Michael Stewart and given the ball away

Vargas - 4 - I had romanticised that he would score in every round as we lifted the cup but that performance summed up why neither of those was happening

Forrest - 5 - His effort in the first half summed up our day. Run into an opportunistic position and then either choose the wrong option or waste it

Subs:

Oda - 6 - Two decent efforts. His defending might not have been the best but looked our most likely scorer

McKay - 4 - A typical Barrie McKay performance against the Old Firm, i.e. meh

Lembikisa - 5 - Defended well and put in a couple of good crosses

Tait - 2 - Sold the jerseys but I will give him credit for at least trying to make something happen

Tagawa - 1 - I think he touched the ball twice

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ricardo Quaresma

• HopeDiouf

• kingantti1874

• Bad Religion

Gordons left glove

Fair but id bump natty up a bit

Gordon 6

Atkinson 4

Kent 7

Rowles 4

Kingsley 7

Beni 6

Devlin 5

Vargas 1

Grant 2

Forrest 4

Shankland 4

Oda 5

McKay 2

Dexter 3

Tait 1

Tagawa 0

Edited by Cruyff

Gordon 5

Kent 6

Kingsley 7

Rowles 5

Atkinson 5

Beni 8 - MOTM

Devlin 7

Grant 4

Vargas 5

Forrest 5

Shankland 5

Oda 5

Lembikisa 5

McKay 4

Tait 1

Tagawa 1

Beni and Devlin best players on the day. Hung out to dry by the way we set up and lack of support from their teammates.

Bunny Munro

Gordon 5 - Not at fault for the goals, distribution suspect.

Atkinson 6 - Thought he did fine 

Kent 7 - my MOTM

Rowles 4 - Not good enough 

Kingsley 6 - Fine

Beni 7 - Did ok but alone too often

Devlin 6 - took time to get to grips with the game

Vargas 5 - Tried but took the wrong option too often

Grant 2 - Awful

Forrest 4 - one run aside did nothing 

Shankland 5 - not good.

Oda 4 - needs to score that chance at the end

Lembikisa 4 - Didn't to much wrong but don't understand the sub

Tait 1 - wouldn't be shocked to see a pass completion of 0%

McKay 2 - infuriating 

Tagawa 3 - actually think he made more of his time on the park that shanks did

The Mercer Takeover

Gordon - 6 - Very little to do, apart from pick the ball out the net twice

Kent - 7 - Generally good

Kingsley - 7 - Reliable 

Atkinson - 5 - Typical performance.

Rowles - 5 - Lightweight 

Baningime - 7 - Very composeds display

Grant - 1 - Wearing the stealth strip again. Utterly dreadful and needs moved on during the summer window.

Devlin - 8 - Non stop

Shankland - 6 - Not his day

Vargas - 4 - Poor. He's just not reliable enough.

Forrest - 4 - Headless chicken

Subs:

Oda - 6 - Made a difference

McKay - 4 - Looked ok

Lembikisa - 4 - Ok

Tait - 0 - Dreadful yet again and sold the jerseys. If you play in the first team, being a youngster does not dismiss you from any criticism. Too small, too lightweight, too slow and nowhere near ready. Needs loaned out to prove himself for a couple of seasons. He is a constant liability. Should not play again this season.

Tagawa - 0 - Another who needs punted.

GinRummy

I take it shanks getting 4s and 5s is based on better performances in other games. A 2 would be kind.  Utter garbage today. 

2 minutes ago, Buster HMFC said:

Gordon can forget about the Euros sadly 

What did he do wrong today?

Bunny Munro
Just now, cunny1874 said:

Players 0 

Coaching team 0 

Should have added Naismith to mine.

Starting line up wrong, subs wrong, shape wrong. 

hmfc_liam06
2 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

I take it shanks getting 4s and 5s is based on better performances in other games. A 2 would be kind.  Utter garbage today. 

Correct. But as you know, he’s immune from criticism on here.

Buster HMFC
3 minutes ago, DS98 said:

What did he do wrong today?

Nothing. Last week though?

cunny1874
13 minutes ago, The Mercer Takeover said:

Gordon - 6 - Very little to do, apart from pick the ball out the net twice

Kent - 7 - Generally good

Kingsley - 7 - Reliable 

Atkinson - 5 - Typical performance.

Rowles - 5 - Lightweight 

Baningime - 7 - Very composeds display

Grant - 1 - Wearing the stealth strip again. Utterly dreadful and needs moved on during the summer window.

Devlin - 8 - Non stop

Shankland - 6 - Not his day

Vargas - 4 - Poor. He's just not reliable enough.

Forrest - 4 - Headless chicken

Subs:

Oda - 6 - Made a difference

McKay - 4 - Looked ok

Lembikisa - 4 - Ok

Tait - 0 - Dreadful yet again and sold the jerseys. If you play in the first team, being a youngster does not dismiss you from any criticism. Too small, too lightweight, too slow and nowhere near ready. Needs loaned out to prove himself for a couple of seasons. He is a constant liability. Should not play again this season.

Tagawa - 0 - Another who needs punted.

Blaming tait is laughable too small scottish football fan again size means nothing wants to drive forward and play but 3 defenders can't tackle a fish supper 

Give me tait and other youngsters before ever other hearts player picking up easy money 

Cranston

Big fat zeros all round for me. A pathetic display, with hardly a shot on target. Naismith showed he has much to learn. Vargas deserves minus points for being purely embarrassing. 

lost in space
1 minute ago, savage said:

Don't know where 7 and 8s coming from.  6 maximum and most 4 or 5

Correct. Some suggesting Devlin and Beni were high marks. We lost the midfield and these 2 did not play as a duo. Effort from them but no communication.

Nobody played well. Highest mark should be a 6.

3 minutes ago, Buster HMFC said:

Nothing. Last week though?

Ok. Strange thread to be making that point but fair enough. 

edramone

Unfortunately, the team's performance wasn't good enough to give me a semi,  so I don't have one to rate.

DG_HMFC

Zero. Utter horrendous.

Apart from shanklands header at the back post, I can't remember us having a dig.

Nothing to shout about.

Buster HMFC
5 minutes ago, DS98 said:

Ok. Strange thread to be making that point but fair enough. 

Is it though on a player rating.

JudyJudyJudy
16 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

He was quite poor today . I actually wondered if he was going to get subbed 

Midfield was dogshit and Shankland hasn't got another level in him.

Pathetic display. The time and space afforded to Lundstram all game was unbelievable.

Shit our load yet again. Well done Hearts 👏

Thurlaston

Gordon 5

Atkinson 4

Kent 6

Rowles 3

Kingsley 5

Beni 5

Devlin 5

Vargas 2

Grant 2

Forrest 3

Shankland 3

Oda 3

McKay 2

Lembikisa 3

Tait 1

Tagawa 1

Predictability at bottling it at Hampden 10

Predictability at giving away a soft early goal 10

Brian Fantana

Gordon - 6 - not a save to make of note but had to pick the ball out of the net twice 

Kingsley - 7 - our best defender for me. McCausland got nothing out of him and he was at least trying to get up and support. Won a lot in the air too. 

Kent - 6 - does the basics of defending well mostly. But unable to find a pass that is more than 10 yards long or leaves the ground. 

Rowles - 5 - his usual weak self against Rangers. Almost always costs us when we play them. After his clearance he improved but by that point he'd cost us. 

Atkinson - 5 - no lack of effort but little product. Also suspect for their goal. 

Beni - 6 - so good at finding space when he has the ball. So good at letting Rangers have space when they had it. 

Devlin - 6 - booking collared him a bit, but plenty of effort there and won the ball back often. Exactly what I imagine was asked of him. 

Grant - 3 - anonymous. Struggling to think of any contribution in his time on the pitch. Given the role he's being asked to play, that's unacceptable. 

Forrest - 3 - unable to make any decision that doesn't involve getting his head down and running. Did not beat men, did not play any dangerous passes and was a waste of a jersey 

Vargas - 3 - similarly bad to Forrest. Poor decision making, awful effort when he needed to play a pass in the first half and awful passes when he should have had a shot in the second. 

Shankland - 3 - I feel for him given the expectation that is placed on him. But this was a Michael Stewart-esque performance. Done nothing and blamed others for his faults. Should have at least hit the target with his header. 

Oda - 4 - worked hard but should have done better with his effort 

McKay - 2 - didn't really contribute anything. Lack of urgency at getting over to take corners and other dead balls was infuriating

Lembikisa - 4 - put in a couple of good balls and took up good positions 

Tagawa - 2 - don't think he touched the ball 

Tait - 2 - cost us the second goal, but it was at least whilst trying to get us forward. Something the other central midfielders did not attempt before he came on. 

Naismith - 2 - he has got things tactically very right against a lot of teams this season but I think he got it wrong today. Against them. Again. Lack of mentality with this squad of players isn't new, but he's not having any success instilling any kind of fight in them when playing Rangers. Today was sadly predictable and feels like a pretty large missed opportunity 

Edited by Brian Fantana
Spelling

OldGorgie

If we can’t defend against the likes of Livingston, how on earth can we cope with Rankers forwards. Our defence has been a shambles for a good few games now.

52 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Gordon - 6 - Couldn't do anything about either goal and anything else he was involved in was routine

Baningime - 8 - MoM. Needed others to rise to his level. We will miss him next season

Grant - 4 - Invisible, even more so when he was shunted to right midfield for the second half

Shankland - 5 - Seemed to spend his time complaining about people not going where he wanted when he had done a Michael Stewart and given the ball away

Vargas - 4 - I had romanticised that he would score in every round as we lifted the cup but that performance summed up why neither of those was happening

Forrest - 5 - His effort in the first half summed up our day. Run into an opportunistic position and then either choose the wrong option or waste it

Subs:

Oda - 6 - Two decent efforts. His defending might not have been the best but looked our most likely scorer

Tait - 2 - Sold the jerseys but I will give him credit for at least trying to make something happen

Grant is utter pants he brings nothing to this team needs to go 

vegas-voss

Kingsley completely ****s up for the first goal so no idea how folk can say he was dependable and reliable 🤣

vegas-voss

Beni aye good player but he dilly dallies on the ball which always teams to press up on you imo

scottg71

All I’ll say is Shankland won’t play for a bigger club than us 

hearts00
56 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Subs:

I have never disagreed more with a rating than Beni. I thought he was terrible today and to be honest I am happy for him to leave, we can surely and must do better. He neither protected the defence nor made a tackle, nor dictated the play. He was today what he looks a slow and feeble player with no legs. 

hearts00

Today we learned nothing new. Kent and Kingsley are good. Shanks is the best goal scorer in the league but outside of that and solid keepers we are a bang average team with a lot of players either not at the level or not yet at the level if we want to win a cup. 

Beni, Devlin poor today and as for Vargas I am still seething at him. 

Jam-Tart

They all contributed to a lacklustre/powder puff performance with the exception of Gordon 6 Kingsley 7 & Kent 6 after the debacle of the first goal and Devlin 7, Tait 6 made a decent cameo appearance from the bench, the rest didly squat! IMHO.

Gordon 6 - Fine. Didn't look out of place despite so few minutes

Atkinson 6 - Fine

Kent 7 -Dealt with most things fine

Rowles 5 - Weak at the first goal, not great distribution

Kingsley 6 - Fine

Devlin 6 - Lots of busy work

Beni 5 - slipping over the ball, literally watched the 2nd goal

Grant 4 - Poor

Forrest 2 - Headless chicken

Vargas 1 - Cost us with his shit decision making. Cannot be trusted in key moments clearly. 

Shankland 4 - struggled to get involved. -

We need the season to end so we can get Dhanda & Spittal in. Oda is a competent super sub, McKay a very good player against most teams (but not the OF).. 

30 minutes ago, cunny1874 said:

Blaming tait is laughable too small scottish football fan again size means nothing wants to drive forward and play but 3 defenders can't tackle a fish supper 

Give me tait and other youngsters before ever other hearts player picking up easy money 

Totally agree. Hearts were poor. Disappointed as entire team played poorly. Tait is a marvellous player. He is a Hearts first team player now and for years to come. There is no loaning out this gem. Tough day for him and everyone else.

kingantti1874
1 hour ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Subs:

harsh on Atkinson. Thought he had a good game and kept matondo very quiet, was very surprised when we took him off tbh . Can’t debate the rest 

The Mighty Thor

How the coaching team couldn't see how the game was developing with a non-existent midfield and deal with it gets them all a zero. 

Grant is really poor and needs to be moved on and I'd move Forrest on too. You need better than them to progress. 

kingantti1874
1 minute ago, The Mighty Thor said:

How the coaching team couldn't see how the game was developing with a non-existent midfield and deal with it gets them all a zero. 

Grant is really poor and needs to be moved on and I'd move Forrest on too. You need better than them to progress. 

Without hof being available who would you have brought on? The players available was the issue . An area we need to strengthen massively on top of Dhanda and Spittal

The Mighty Thor
1 minute ago, kingantti1874 said:

Without hof being available who would you have brought on? The players available was the issue . An area we need to strengthen massively on top of Dhanda and Spittal

Although he sold the jerseys I'd have started Tait ahead of Grant 

Jam-Tart
2 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

Agreed on both Grant is a passenger & Forrest a headless chicken who just does not see a pass/lay off, but sadly they'll still be here next season as bigger squad needed with Europe in mind. Both I believe contracted until 2025/26 🤷‍♂️

JayTeeJnr
1 hour ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Subs:

None of the team deserve a 7 or 8. I’d bump Kingsley, Baningime and Devlin down to 6s as they all struggled at various points in the game. The amount of joy Rangers had through the centre of midfield was a problem throughout.

Bad Religion
Just now, Jam-Tart said:

Agreed on both Grant is a passenger & Forrest a headless chicken who just does not see a pass/lay off, but sadly they'll still be here next season as bigger squad needed with Europe in mind. Both I believe contracted until 2025/26 🤷‍♂️

Forrest doesn’t have the ability to lift his head. Always down looking at the ball. Not good enough at this level. 

hearts00
9 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

And yet Grant and Forrest have been two of our better players this season. But yes I suppose if we want to move on we need better. Whether Hearts can attract those players I don’t know. 

The White Cockade

A game to forget again!

Finished work at 3 with 5 minute drive home had the radio on and thought can I get back before they score?

should have known 

Thought Natty did quite well and didn’t deserve to be subbed, Kent got stuck in and made his usual clearances and Forest had some good runs to get us up the park 

Vargas should have been off at half time

Maybe Oda in his position and something would have come from

those two second hand breaks?

Overall not unexpected but the lack of battle and fight and will to win just isn’t acceptable 

Jam-Tart
6 minutes ago, hearts00 said:

And yet Grant and Forrest have been two of our better players this season. But yes I suppose if we want to move on we need better. Whether Hearts can attract those players I don’t know. 

Forrest, yes I'd have to agree, but even then, possibly 3 or 4 games on the trot (that I can think off) then nothing, disagree with Grant, I cannot see what he brings to the team, yes he's scored a couple of goals & replaced an out of sorts regular penalty taker, but for me hasn't set the heather on fire in anyway 🤷‍♂️

BackOfTheNet
1 hour ago, GinRummy said:

This. Not even giving him a 1. Worst performance for us by a country mile. Almost every single attack broke down because he was playing with all the urgency of a game against his kid in the back garden.

kingantti1874
17 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

Although he sold the jerseys I'd have started Tait ahead of Grant 

Fair. Though I disagree he sold the jerseys.  Nowt wrong with driving into midfield.  Someone should have dropped in behind him to protect.

Even then we had about 45 chances to clear it.  

hearts00
1 minute ago, Jam-Tart said:

Forrest, yes I'd have to agree, but even then, possibly 3 or 4 games on the trot (that I can think off) then nothing, disagree with Grant, I cannot see what he brings to the team, yes he's scored a couple of goals & replaced an out of sorts regular penalty taker, but for me hasn't set the heather on fire in anyway 🤷‍♂️

Grant often makes us tick in certain games with his intelligent movement and good passing. I think too many people fail to see his important contributions. 

BackOfTheNet
56 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

He was quite poor today . I actually wondered if he was going to get subbed 

He’ll never get subbed no matter how bad a game he’s having. Which fortunately isn’t often, but when it does happen it really hampers us not having the balls to take him off. Even Pep will drop Haaland if it suits the team FFS.