CV for a 16 yo.

muldoon74

il Duce McTarkin
On 20/04/2024 at 17:30, Cranston said:

These men who entered the world of apprenticeships via YTS swear by it. Loved the opportunity of gaining lifelong skills and comradeship. A different world from the Blair degrees and entitlement. A pure lunatic bam.

I've done both, and both, and simply don't recognise the bit in bold at all. Quite frankly, it's nonsense.

vegas-voss
On 20/04/2024 at 21:34, Cranston said:

I know guys who say they were very fortunate to get onto the YTS courses back in the day. In the days of high unemployment, the YTS was a great opportunity for young people to learn skills and apprenticeships that lasted them their whole lifetime. Getting a trade is still a very worthwhile and lucrative source of employment. Unfortunately, Blair trumpeted University Degrees as the way forward, and since then we've had generations that think hard work and graft is beneath them. Another lunatic bam that somehow got into power.

Aye has his own son not set up a company that has totally rebelled against those ideas as well by saying it's far better to get an apprenticeship ( work and learn in the field no need for the degree ).Different kind of apprenticeship to what you are on about but work and learn all the same.

Libertarian
On 20/04/2024 at 19:30, muldoon74 said:

My 16yo grandson wants a job so obviously needs to apply on internet as no-one takes on teens who just walk in and ask to see manager anymore...

Any advise on layout for a 16yo who hasn't even got exam results yet?! 

Modern world sucks for personal interaction... 

Have a look at the CV advice and templates on www.myworldofwork.co.uk

Also use the What Are My Strengths tool on www.myworldofwork.co.uk as this tool helps individuals identify their transferable skills which they can put onto their CV, application. www.myworldofwork.co.uk also has advice and support, articles, videos etc on interviews, personal statements, applications, covering letters and much more.

Greedy Jambo
9 minutes ago, Dagger Is Back said:

@Greedy Jambo

Have sent you an email as you can’t accept pms. 

👍

Strange that i can't accept pms, i've sent you one, if you want to reply to it. 

I don't use that email address anymore. 

muldoon74

Thanks for all the replies..

I managed to cobble something together. Used layout/format from my own CV and tried to big up his personal details/statement as obviously no work history. 

Found out yesterday the manager of the place he asked about a job in is his pals mum so hopefully wee bit nepotism might occur.. ;)