Sheep v Septic

Geoff Kilpatrick

jamdunc
1 minute ago, Super_Hans said:

10 games when we win our Europa League qualifier

Aye that's why I said at least. 8 league games if we win qualifier. And it's as guaranteed as it could be. No way killie are overturning 11 points in 5 games. Especially with 2 against the O.F

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hearts007

• Mikey1874

• neilnunb

• Ricardo Quaresma

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Arthur Morgan said:

"Old Firm final would be a great end to the season." There we go, folks. Scottish football summed up in one sentence, piss off.

I think the bug-eyed goblin dwarf is just delighted he can interview Rodgers as they are both so short they can look in each others' eye 😁

Ricardo Quaresma
1 minute ago, Mikey1874 said:

Yes

20240420_155250.jpg

Not 10 CL GS games?

luckyBatistuta
2 minutes ago, tiger Rudi said:

Listen to BBC, an old firm final wud be a great ending to the season! 

😡😡

I hope we **** it all up for the w***ers! 

1 minute ago, Japan Jambo said:

Followed up by "Aberdeen had nothing to lose" from Rodgers...

Finished off with a “that’s it” smiling and laughing. Can’t hide their pleasure at one step closer to an OF final. But here comes the spanner tomorrow you weedgie lovin cants 

vladisacoward
5 hours ago, Rick Sanchez said:

Celtic win please.

Unless they’re playing the manky little docks team I can never want this. If it happens with a silver lining for us I won’t complain admittedly. But I could never actively want it.

pettigrewsstylist
4 minutes ago, jamdunc said:

Aye that's why I said at least. 8 league games if we win qualifier. And it's as guaranteed as it could be. No way killie are overturning 11 points in 5 games. Especially with 2 against the O.F

Draw next week or better and we are done, done.

I know what was at stake here but even so I couldn't help wanting Aberdeen to win the penalties at the end. 

theshed
2 minutes ago, 1953 said:

I know what was at stake here but even so I couldn't help wanting Aberdeen to win the penalties at the end. 

Not for me… couldn’t care about Celtic winning if it gets us a few million

My heart couldn’t take a Hearts v Aberdeen final knowing what was at stake 

The Real Maroonblood
2 minutes ago, 1953 said:

It’s all a bit weird.

Lambert Simnel
1 minute ago, theshed said:

Same here. Nor could I have watched a Scottish Cup Final and cheered on The Rangers Football Club Limited to win (I even supported Hibs in the 2016 final as the least worst option, though I probably shouldn't admit that).

Der Kaiser

Said to my mates earlier wanting Celtic to get through to the final was like the side effect of constipation medication. You know the pill will cure you but ultimately you're left with diarrhoea......

Bazzas right boot

Aberdeen completely deflated, Mivoski injured, group stages guaranteed. 

Lovely jubbly.

gordon simpson
25 minutes ago, Arthur Morgan said:

"Old Firm final would be a great end to the season." There we go, folks. Scottish football summed up in one sentence, piss off.

the only way it would be great end would be if both those bigot bassas fcuk off to Ierland and never come back 

colinmaroon

Some general comments:

First, IF we avoid injuries to key players, we have nothing to fear from Celtic if we get past Rangers.  On their day Celtic can destroy anyone but not as much as under previous manager.  That is perfectly illustrated by the number of great runs Kyogo made in the channels and the ball never came because of Rodgers tactic of building to get to the byline.

The other comment relates to Scales.  Twice caught under the ball for two of their goals.  Good going forward, dreadful defender; Team of the Season?  Yer havin' a laff!!!

The Real Maroonblood
2 minutes ago, gordon simpson said:

the only way it would be great end would be if both those bigot bassas fcuk off to Ierland and never come back 

That would be brilliant.

Jambo in Bathgate
5 minutes ago, Der Kaiser said:

Said to my mates earlier wanting Celtic to get through to the final was like the side effect of constipation medication. You know the pill will cure you but ultimately you're left with diarrhoea......

I hated wanting Celtic to win any game since they won the European Cup. However the thought of Aberdeen progressing to the final and playing us and winning and therefore gaining European group stages and £6M plus after playing 5 games would be too much. Best they are out. 

colinmaroon

Also noticed the fount of all wisdom, Sportscene,failed to mention that 3rd place now guaranteed Group Europeam Football.

Huge factor but, of course, doesn't involve Rangers or Celtic!!!  Plus, the mourning for Aberdeen had just started.

We have to clinch that 3rd place, no matter the result tomorrow.

In passing, noticed some comments on Kilmarnock game on that thread, in what universe do you think it will be easy at Kilmarnock on that horrible pitch?

Edited by colinmaroon

Pasquale for King
51 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Tend to agree. Aberdeen's record in big games this season they would have been favourites against Hearts.

I doubt that, they could still be dragged into the relegation zone, which are the same dates as the final so that could’ve caused a problem 😆

29 minutes ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

Not 10 CL GS games?

No it’s a different format from this season. Isn’t Home & Away ties V each team. It’s 3 home 3 away (6 different teams) in a 36 team league. Top 8 advance. 
Places 9-24 go to playoffs with the winners advancing. 

Pasquale for King
2 minutes ago, colinmaroon said:

Also noticed the fount of all wisdom, Sportscene,failed to mention that 3rd place now guaranteed Group Europeam Football.

Huge factor but, of course, doesn't involve Rangers or Celtic!!!  Plus, the mourning for Aberdeen had just started.

In passing, noticed some comments on Kilmarnock game, in what universe do you think it will be easy at Kilmarnock on that horrible pitch?

Our record down there is fantastic, almost as good as theirs at Tynecastle. 

Ricardo Quaresma
Just now, gjcc said:

No it’s a different format from this season. Isn’t Home & Away ties V each team. It’s 3 home 3 away (6 different teams) in a 36 team league. Top 8 advance. 
Places 9-24 go to playoffs with the winners advancing.

I know all that

Sure I read 10 CL, 8 EL on UEFA website

Pasquale for King

Hart is such a *****, overated too, not been a great English GK since Banks 😆

Ricardo Quaresma
2 minutes ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

I know all that

Sure I read 10 CL, 8 EL on UEFA website

Hmm, nup, 8

VALDOS'

A team works it arse off to get to Europe, gets pumped then fans say "ach get back to domestic fitba we're no ready for this" seen it countless times, zero ambition 

Nookie Bear
13 minutes ago, colinmaroon said:

In passing, noticed some comments on Kilmarnock game on that thread, in what universe do you think it will be easy at Kilmarnock on that horrible pitch?

We could lose our last 5 games and still finish 3rd. Relax!

Kalamazoo Jambo
9 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Hart is such a *****, overated too, not been a great English GK since Banks 😆

Yep, Steve was some player.

feedthefox

Aberdeens penalties got progressively worse, were made to look ok by the sheer ineptitude of Hart.

Roos reminded me of what it was like with Bobby, literally jumping out the way as the Celtic player is still on his run up.

GinRummy

I just about wanted Celtic to win given what’s at stake but despite that I have never wanted a player (in a match not involving Hearts or Scotland) to miss a penalty more than Joe Hart. 

One of the biggest tossers ever to play football. An absolute ***** of a man. 

Debut 4
1 hour ago, tiger Rudi said:

Yes, IF!! 

That result ensures there are no IF's regarding the money we take in next season. 

Can you imagine us watching a Rangers v sheep final? Torture! 

Let's hope we can add a cup win, but the euro money should ensure we stay best of the rest.

Sorry mate, don’t get the thinking whatsoever?  We’ll be in Europe, we are probably going to finish our best 3 season run for decades….being best of the rest is on course.  

Why do we exist?  To celebrate a bank balance?  Distance between us , Hibs and Aberdeen means trophies as well as dominating 3rd. 

Ok, we finish 3rd for the next ten years but win **** all , is that all we want?  Hibs and Aberdeen fans could still point to how little the gap is in trophy success. 

Status is winning trophies and growing along with it and all the other things that supplement it.  

I can remember the years before 1998 when almost any teams fans would mock us because we hadn’t won anything for decades but we always shout about how a big club we are. 

Gorgierools
2 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

Sorry mate, don’t get the thinking whatsoever?  We’ll be in Europe, we are probably going to finish our best 3 season run for decades….being best of the rest is on course.  

Why do we exist?  To celebrate a bank balance?  Distance between us , Hibs and Aberdeen means trophies as well as dominating 3rd. 

Ok, we finish 3rd for the next ten years but win **** all , is that all we want?  Hibs and Aberdeen fans could still point to how little the gap is in trophy success. 

Status is winning trophies and growing along with it and all the other things that supplement it.  

I can remember the years before 1998 when almost any teams fans would mock us because we hadn’t won anything for decades but we always shout about how a big club we are. 

I agree with this rant.

ShedBoy

Out of the two competing football clubs.

A celtic win, in this instance, was my preference.

However, I will constantly hate anything football related west of the Gogar.

And also anything outwith Gorgie.

Have a brilliant Saturday night, get the passports updated 👍🏻

Edited by ShedBoy

jock _turd

The ref was bent as F'k I know it makes no difference to the result but at the Aberdeen pen he never gave he played on and then only when he had to give a pen went back to a non foul and gave a foul. He should have blown for the pen and left VAR to decide if there had ben a foul before the pen. It was so blatant it was embarrassing . At the other end of the ground that is a defo pen end of. This is what were are going to be up against tomorrow sadly even if we play well the ref will have massive input into hwat the final result is.

Debut 4
6 minutes ago, Gorgierools said:

I agree with this rant.

Not quite a rant, bud 😂

A passionate alternate view, i’d call it. 😁

Gorgierools
Just now, Debut 4 said:

Not quite a rant, bud 😂

A passionate alternate view, i’d call it. 😁

Agreed. And I still like it.

colinmaroon
31 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Our record down there is fantastic, almost as good as theirs at Tynecastle. 

In which of these games was it a slosh case?  Past record goals wise means nothing.   It will be a tough game.  I expect us to win, but all the talk of it being easy, 4-1, 5-1 etc., get a grip.

How I would love to be wrong.

59 minutes ago, theshed said:

I absolutely agree but probably wanted Celtic to get beat more than Aberdeen winning. Also wanted to get it right up Joe Hart. A winner takes all Hearts v Aberdeen final would have been a nightmare. 

32 minutes ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

Hmm, nup, 8

10 if you include the playoff round games 👍 only 8 if it's conference league. Either way 💸 

AC Mallin_51

Delighted at the result. Celtic do not scare me at all. European Groups all but assured. Get it right round Aberdeen. Bottom 6 and trophy-less 

Rattatooi
27 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

I just about wanted Celtic to win given what’s at stake but despite that I have never wanted a player (in a match not involving Hearts or Scotland) to miss a penalty more than Joe Hart. 

One of the biggest tossers ever to play football. An absolute ***** of a man. 

I couldn’t agree more. Was desperate for Aberdeen to lose but still jumped with delight when he missed his penalty. Shows just how much, deep down, I dislike him.

henryheart
1 hour ago, theshed said:

My thoughts exactly.

Forgive my ignorance, but i assume we have European football til xmas wrapped up now? 

upgotheheads
2 hours ago, Rudy T said:

Penalty sheep

I thought it was, and it would have been at the other end. I'm still not sure what the decision was as I was talking to the folk around me, and when we looked back the game had restarted. Was a foul given for a barge on a Celtic defender immediately before the incident? Otherwise it's a stick-on.

AndrewB

One of the lessons for tomorrow will be....careful with the subs if there is one goal in it and 2 mins of extra time to go.  At the end, some tactical, some injured, Duk, Miovski, Clarkson, Barron, Devlin, Kyoto, McGregor, Forrest were all off.  Could imagine them all taking penalties.   Just a thought - and in truth you just have to make the subs as you see them during the game.

HeartsandonlyHearts
1 minute ago, IanF86 said:

Forgive my ignorance, but i assume we have European football til xmas wrapped up now? 

Think only Kilmarnock can take it from us. And that would need them to be perfect from now on in.

Kalamazoo Jambo
2 minutes ago, IanF86 said:

Almost, we just need to wrap up third place.

Jim_Duncan
23 minutes ago, jock _turd said:

The ref was bent as F'k I know it makes no difference to the result but at the Aberdeen pen he never gave he played on and then only when he had to give a pen went back to a non foul and gave a foul. He should have blown for the pen and left VAR to decide if there had ben a foul before the pen. It was so blatant it was embarrassing . At the other end of the ground that is a defo pen end of. This is what were are going to be up against tomorrow sadly even if we play well the ref will have massive input into hwat the final result is.

It’s the kind of thing that, one day, is going to lead to me just walking out the stadium and giving up on the whole racket.