So, how are we all feeling about Sunday...

FerryJambo81

tiger Rudi
1 hour ago, hughesie27 said:

If Aberdeen lose today it will take a bit of pressure off. Nothing to lose from then on. 

Yes I agree. Can travel to Hampden without a care and enjoy the occasion. Win or lose its been a fantastic season. 

Aberdeen lose and I've just got a feeling that the team will relax and show their best on Sunday, knowing Europe is done and dusted. 

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jamboozy

• Sir PH

• 1971fozzy

• Wee Mikey

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1971fozzy

Really looking forward to the day. Train,  meeting mates , pubs then the walk to the ground and seeing 20,000 fellow jambos. Gamewise  I’ve no idea what to expect.  Just don’t concede early as that flattens the crowd..

nothing better  than being in that sea of maroon with fellow jambos

1971fozzy
1 minute ago, tiger Rudi said:

Yes I agree. Can travel to Hampden without a care and enjoy the occasion. Win or lose its been a fantastic season. 

Aberdeen lose and I've just got a feeling that the team will relax and show their best on Sunday, knowing Europe is done and dusted. 

I agree.  Knowing we have guaranteed European group football is massive.  Not enoughs been said about this, but we will know soon enough

I don't think Hearts have beaten Rangers at Hampden in my lifetime. I've still got PTSD from the 96 cup final when I was like 8 or 9. Brutal. 

How do I feel? No different than normal, expecting what has always happens - us to shit the bed by the time we get to Harthill. 🤷🏻‍♂️

There's no precedent for me to feel any other way and I'm sure I'm not the only one. 

Gordons left glove

First time I would wish I could fast forward to time to get to match day even if my gut says we'll get beat. My rangers fan pals have assured me we'll pump them though so that's helped 😂

Moved from not confident to maybe seeing us having a 40% chance. 

It will all depend on the start and of course the ref.

One five
4 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

Really looking forward to the day. Train,  meeting mates , pubs then the walk to the ground and seeing 20,000 fellow jambos. Gamewise  I’ve no idea what to expect.  Just don’t concede early as that flattens the crowd..

nothing better  than being in that sea of maroon with fellow jambos

Bus for me but otherwise same mate really looking forward to it as others have said with Europe already we can go there after a great season 

The White Cockade

did I read that we have never beaten them at Hampden?

Horrific stat if that’s true

No reason we can’t win on Sunday but i’ll be going into the game my usual pessimistic self

Delighted if we make the final but not very surprised if we don’t 

RedStarRiot

Rangers will magically find their form even though they have been crap for weeks. We won’t play anywhere near the levels we can and likely lose by 2 or 3. 

Going with hope though, we need to beat them sometime there right? 

JamboTron2
2 hours ago, hughesie27 said:

If Aberdeen lose today it will take a bit of pressure off. Nothing to lose from then on. 

This. Obviously a win would be sweet, and then another against Celtic, but that really is a tall order. 3rd place, 2 x Semi appearances (maybe a final also) and group euro football is still a great season. 

Turkishcap

Agree, Dons out will be excellent.

Hoping more than expecting.

N Lincs Jambo

Last semi I missed at Hampden was 2012 (2020 excepted for obvious reasons) and we won that completely unexpectedly. In a way we had to win that one given who had won the previous day but I'm cautiously optimistic about tomorrow. Having said that a few weeks ago I was posting on JKB that Rangers would scoosh the title as Celtic had imploded. Just shows I know diddly squat about football. All said and done c'mon the Jy Tees and FTH (uns).

JimmyCant

We have to fancy ourselves a wee bit here. However we know if they turn up in any sort of form above the level they’ve been at recently, they’ll beat us, probably convincingly 

If there was ever a game you’d want to come right out the blocks and score first, this is it. Don’t let them settle. Get the crowd on their back. Expose Goldson because he’s having a mare just now, and for gods sake, no daft defensive mistakes.

Heart says 2-1 Hearts

Head says 3-0 Rangers

Vlad Magic

I’m completely relaxed about it. Amazing if we win and disappointed if we lose obviously.

However.

For me the overwhelming thought is this is just one semi in what hopefully and more importantly SHOULD be a yearly event. Semis and finals should be achieved every year moving forward.

colinmaroon

Hate playing them.  Be quite happy if they go the whole way the next time.

Only an openly visible Hearts Supporter, 6-12 year old, living in Glasgow, I was on the south side (Clarkston) would understand.

Edited by colinmaroon

HillmanHearts

A few things need to align for us to win.

It’s unlikely, but we have a wee chance ! 

daveyhmfc
1 hour ago, JamboTron2 said:

This. Obviously a win would be sweet, and then another against Celtic, but that really is a tall order. 3rd place, 2 x Semi appearances (maybe a final also) and group euro football is still a great season. 

That would be a great season but it could be greater. I, like all football fans dream of the days seeing your team lift a cup. A Scottish Cup win would eclipse the 3rd place finish and the group euro football for me. 

thegreatsd

I’ve been cautiously optimistic up until this morning. I was out for my morning run up around Dunfermline and as I was passing Amazon I saw another runner heading towards me…… It was Colin Cameron. We exchanged thumbs up as we passed each other. It was at this moment my cautious optimism turned into absolute certainty. This sign surely means we are winning this tomorrow. Let’s get this done. Mon the JT’s. 👍🇱🇻

jock _turd

Beaten by R County and held by Dungdee ? Well will get pumped its a nap!

gordon simpson

Good luck Hearts get stuck into the bigots the journeymen and show ponies 

nothing to fear from those horrid cants  

gar jambo
3 hours ago, Rods said:

Moved from not confident to maybe seeing us having a 40% chance. 

It will all depend on the start and of course the ref.

Listen if Hibs beat them in a cup final our time will come law off averages state this! Wee have beaten Celtic twice in the league so let's go! 

FerryJambo81

Moving to cautiously optimistic, tempered with reality of so many failed attempts.

Let's just make sure each and everyone of us who can make it, turn up in full voice.

Not saying we will, but imagine winning THE cup with no games at Tynie and beating both halves off the uglies across semi and final. 1998 will always be the most special, purely after such a hiatus without silverware. This could be up there when looking at the 'journey' in recent years.

Make it so Hearts, make it so!!!

Going more in hope than expectation, but that's normal for me. No idea what rangers slump is going to do to the outcome. 

One five

Feeling pretty confident tbh, it’s the most I've ever felt going to Hampden against any of the OF. Come on Hearts let’s do this 

IMG_1275.gif

As the week has progressed I have felt more and more confident a Hearts win.   Come tomorrow  might be completely  different😄

jamboozy

Feeling there’s a bit of pressure off us here, I hope our team go and express themselves and win.:av-1001:

Australis

Hope we are organised with a game plan.

And are up for it from the start.

Aberdeen did their fans proud today, we deserve the same from Hearts tomorrow.

Good luck JTs.

17 hours ago, Jim_Duncan said:

I'll be there because I'm a Hearts supporter. I won't be there because I expect us to win, or even compete, TBH.

That's where I'm at too. Relaxed about it, especially after the 🐑 lost 

zeke1874

When the draw was made I'd have preferred Aberdeen obviously. But after rangers recent form I'm starting to believe, altho it could be the Saturday beers kicking in! It will be tough and we are underdogs here but the main thing is we'll have a huge support thru there and surely we're due a win against them. There's also the element of pressure. They're expected to win and also falling behind celtic in the league heaps more pressure on them. Let's make some noise and support the team. It's been a very good season so far and ya never know we might just do it. Mon the Hearts!!

queensferryjambo
13 hours ago, Cruyff said:

I don't think Hearts have beaten Rangers at Hampden in my lifetime.

Don't worry about it. Hearts haven't beaten Rangers at Hampden in anyone's lifetime because we have never beaten them at Hampden.

The final was played at Parkhead when we beat them in 1998. 

Hopefully tomorrow will be the day we finally do it. 

Brick Tamland

Confident we can beat them, not so confident the officials will let us. 

HeartsandonlyHearts
22 hours ago, Jim_Duncan said:

I'll be there because I'm a Hearts supporter. I won't be there because I expect us to win, or even compete, TBH.

**** off. 😜

No idea why but I am extremely confident. We’re winning this f*****g cup.

A Shoreditch Heart

Looking forward to the game, but i will never make any silly predictions score wise.  My first trip to Hampden was for the 1976 cup final and it still really hurts. i don't like rangers - C'mon The Hearts!

Bazzas right boot
14 hours ago, Cruyff said:

I don't think Hearts have beaten Rangers at Hampden in my lifetime. I've still got PTSD from the 96 cup final when I was like 8 or 9. Brutal. 

How do I feel? No different than normal, expecting what has always happens - us to shit the bed by the time we get to Harthill. 🤷🏻‍♂️

There's no precedent for me to feel any other way and I'm sure I'm not the only one. 

Could be wrong,  but I don't think we've ever beaten them at Hampden in ANY lifetimes!

Wee Mikey
12 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Could be wrong,  but I don't think we've ever beaten them at Hampden in ANY lifetimes!

It is written in the stars ...

No Idle Talk

Not optimistic. But seeing Aberdeen take 3 goals off Celtic should give our boys belief. The OF are not superhuman. They can be beat. So it's up to us to believe in ourselves and go and do it.

jamboozy
8 hours ago, Brick Tamland said:

Confident we can beat them, not so confident the officials will let us. 

This is the reality. The weegia were already crowing about an old firm cup final yesterday at full time.

JudyJudyJudy
On 20/04/2024 at 00:26, Jim_Duncan said:

Good attitude , ! I’m out to enjoy the day , bonus points if we win 🥇 

Deevers

Quietly confident that we’ll turn up today and give a performance. I just hope the game does not turn against us on some ridiculous refereeing decisions.

alicante jambo

Nervous as feck and not confident. But im never confident going to hampden. Glasgow team, glasgow stadium glasgow officials. Why am i worrying?

99 times out of 100 we get pumped in Glasgow because we shite ourselves and don't turn up. Blaming the officials (and yes, I've witnessed how bad they can be) is an easy cop out. 

alicante jambo
1 minute ago, Sir PH said:

99 times out of 100 we get pumped in Glasgow because we shite ourselves and don't turn up. Blaming the officials (and yes, I've witnessed how bad they can be) is an easy cop out. 

Lets be honest buddy they dont help. But aye you are right in a way we certainly dont help ourselves.

Pasquale for King
On 20/04/2024 at 00:22, FerryJambo81 said:

We've got a match day thread, a ticket thread and various themes.

We're (I'll bet) a largely superstitious bunch, funny game like that is football.

If you were to sum up your thoughts on Sunday, how would you? Not about tactics, personal or such like, just your gut?

I'm an eternal pessimistic on these things, 40 years of watching Hearts will do that. Seen so many times we've went into games against them thinking we will, only for the team to roll over.

Am I confident, never. Do I have a 'wee feeling'....aye.

Is it blind faith, possibly, do I think this might just be the hoodoo breaker, yes!

'Mon the famous, let's ****ing do this...

More an attempt at a thread for where folks heads at rather than how we approach etc. Rare does a game grab me for days in the lead up, this one sure as hell has

You’ve summed up how I feel, had a few lucky omens so far so lets hope that this is our time, Its these days that we keep going for. 

7 minutes ago, alicante jambo said:

Lets be honest buddy they dont help. But aye you are right in a way we certainly dont help ourselves.

I'm old enough to remember Kevin O'Donnell. Believe me, I've witnessed some horrific officiating against the two of them. 

Beave1874

Currently on the train, heading to Tyncecastle, with can of Bloody Mary (sounds terrible but it's brilliant) and quietly confident despite them getting a penalty already.