So, how are we all feeling about Sunday...

FerryJambo81

FerryJambo81

We've got a match day thread, a ticket thread and various themes.

We're (I'll bet) a largely superstitious bunch, funny game like that is football.

If you were to sum up your thoughts on Sunday, how would you? Not about tactics, personal or such like, just your gut?

I'm an eternal pessimistic on these things, 40 years of watching Hearts will do that. Seen so many times we've went into games against them thinking we will, only for the team to roll over.

Am I confident, never. Do I have a 'wee feeling'....aye.

Is it blind faith, possibly, do I think this might just be the hoodoo breaker, yes!

'Mon the famous, let's ****ing do this...

More an attempt at a thread for where folks heads at rather than how we approach etc. Rare does a game grab me for days in the lead up, this one sure as hell has

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jamboozy

• Sir PH

• 1971fozzy

• Wee Mikey

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Jim_Duncan

I'll be there because I'm a Hearts supporter. I won't be there because I expect us to win, or even compete, TBH.

tian447

Rangers are a wounded animal at the minute, but it gives us a serious chance at doing some extra damage to them. 

I'm more confident that I would be if they were top of the league, peacock feathers out.  Their season still relies on them focusing on the league and not letting Celtic win it. 

They're as there for the taking as they'll ever be. I'm quietly confident that we can do it. 

Fxxx the SPFL

Getintae these blue nose bassas from kick off andskelp there arse 

Polonia Gorgie

Apparently Rangers are in a slump because they've gone 3 games without a win a Celtic are now in the driving seat for the title. If we score first their slump continues and the rangers end will be seething . I'm getting more confident as the game approaches 

Edited by Polonia Gorgie

I wouldn't be greatly surprised if we beat them by the odd goal, I also wouldn't be greatly surprised if we lose by 5. 😟

Narrow win it is then. 🇵🇪❤️

gregzy2k7

Have a strange feeling, 

I'm not overly confident despite Rangers poor form, followed hearts long enough now to know that nothing can be expected or taken for granted.

Having said that, I wasn't confident heading into the 2012 semi and that was a fantastic day, hopefully something similar can be done here too, 

Just gutted that I cannot attend.

DG_HMFC

I fully expect us to turn up, play crap, and get get pumped.

Am I looking forward to a few refreshments and a sing song with my fellow Hearts fans? Absolutely.

More hope than expecration.

I reckon they will just be too much for us in the end unfortunately. Think they will be out for blood.

jamtartan74

Simple answer from me is, I don’t know 🤷🏻‍♂️ on one hand I’m thinking they are on a bad bit of form and fans are baying for blood, so that may go against us as they will be more determined to make it up to the fans for recent results, and on the other hand if we start well and get in about them and get an early goal or two then their arses might collapse quicker than that bridge over in the US of A. So feck knows man, I’m undecided how I feel 😂

martoon

C'mon, The Heart of Midlothian.

Edited by martoon

Selkirkhmfc1874

Initially was hoping for the best but fearing the worst but now I'm feeling more confident 2-1 HMFC 

PortyBeach

The key factor in my view will be attitude.

We will need a warrior mindset going into this and there should be no repeat of past capitulations.

I can take losing but not a lack of fight and application.

If we give it our best shot, there’s every reason to believe we can win this.

SMJ_1874

Anxious in all honesty. Our last three games against the tribute act at Hampden then for one reason or another we’ve either been overawed by the occasion or froze we  never laid a glove on them.

For us to win then we need to rip up the blue prints of past venture’s and attack from the get go. Put them under pressure for a change and don’t let them settle. We also need to make every one of our chances count so an early goal will unsettle them.  Pacy wingers and balls in behind their defence and we could have a repeat of our goals against Livi. For sure, we cannot sit back and let sevco dictate the play as it’s suicidal. Surely we will learn from past mistakes? Get our game plan 100% and we’ll win. On the flip side, no defensive brain farts because if they get an early goal then we’ll struggle. I know we’ve came back from two goals down against Dundee, Livi etc but this is the Huns at Hampdump.  Work our socks off, keep it tight and we’ll have another Hampdump appearance next month. 

C’mon the Gorgie 🙏🇱🇻

Edited by SMJ_1874

Gorgie_Rules

Combination of the impressive ticket sales, Rangers current poor form and the fact this is a decent Hearts team has created a buzz.

Rangers of course still big favourites, but have to believe we can cause them problems, especially with a prolific striker like Shankland.

Edited by Gorgie_Rules

hughesie27

If Aberdeen lose today it will take a bit of pressure off. Nothing to lose from then on. 

Snedescu

I’m feeling strangely confident. If we don’t lose an early goal and can hold our own, then we have a chance.

However, it feels that in big games, we have a habit of losing early goals. We can’t be ‘second half’ Hearts in this match. 

John Findlay

I have to confess never confident taken on that lot at Hampden. History is just totally against us.

However, we must eventually break or duck against them.

I sincerely hope it's tomorrow.

EH11 2NL

Everything that can be is favoured towards us. Their form, the fact they are struggling to even create anything. We have a strong side, the ticket fiasco with the club having to pay for ubsold unsold tickets, the fans coming together to very nearly sells out, the big hearts fundraiser. Laurence Shankland. 

If we compete I think we win this one. And I think we'll compete from kick off 

Like most of these occasions I’m just going for the day out. Few drinks and a laugh, if we win I’ll be delighted if we lose then I’m programmed to deal with it having watched the same thing for over 35 years.

Diehardjambo1

Anything can happen and I hope Hearts use the fact that Rangers are in a slump and go at them from the start. Just look at Liverpool, they’ve pretty much chucked everything in the last four or five weeks so it can happen 🙏🏻

Finlay James

If we get on their faces and get balls over the top for Vargas/Forrest, we have a chance.  We need to start well otherwise it will be a long day.

AC Mallin_51

Rangers current slump could work either way. They are definitely there for the taking but they probably now know themselves that the league is over. So the cup just grew in importance for them.

However there’s too much fixation on how Rangers are playing. If we start like we did against livi then it’s over. We need to be at it from the start

Boris5115
7 hours ago, Jim_Duncan said:

I'll be there because I'm a Hearts supporter. I won't be there because I expect us to win, or even compete, TBH.

No reason why we can’t compete. County and Dundee have and we are a hell of a lot better than both of them. 

Swanny17

One of my worries is the ref. Can honestly see him dishing out a few early yellows (or a red) to us and that’ll be that.  

Eternal optimist. Posted start of season we would get 70pts in league. Now closer the game gets the more I think we will win.

Mr Sifter

We are winning this cup. Tellin ye 😊🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻

Boris5115
4 minutes ago, Swanny17 said:

One of my worries is the ref. Can honestly see him dishing out a few early yellows (or a red) to us and that’ll be that.  

Hunger Desire and Discipline are the key to Sunday. 

LondonJambo1985

I’m most nervous about the first 20/25 mins and losing an early goal. If we get past that at 0-0 or even 1-0 to us then I’ll settle down. 
Heart says Hearts, head says don’t expect too much 

jamboozy
17 minutes ago, Swanny17 said:

He will have a huge bearing on the day, he needs reminding that his performance will be witnessed by a wide audience.

11 minutes ago, Boris5115 said:

Hunger Desire and Discipline are the key to Sunday. 

This in huge quantities, we have the skill set to beat them, we need everyone on their game. We are winning this.

Mister T

Don't know how it'll pan out but I'm looking forward to it. I'll be sick with nerves come the kick-off. My fitbit heart rate graph will look like the Alps.

soonbe110
1 hour ago, hughesie27 said:

If Aberdeen lose today it will take a bit of pressure off. Nothing to lose from then on. 

Would surely make a difference to things. 

jamboozy

Would like to add, Wee Willie Collum will want to influence this match with his remote refereeing.😅

Just getting my excuses in early.:laugh:

Jim_Duncan
34 minutes ago, Boris5115 said:

No reason why we can’t compete. County and Dundee have and we are a hell of a lot better than both of them. 

Those games are done. This is a cup game v them at Hampden. A completely different context, I’m afraid. 

south morocco

I honestly think we’ll be well beaten. Hopefully proved wrong of course. 

Bull's-eye

Neither up nor doon.

I'm very fortunate though as the journey North begins at about midday today & staying at Tynecastle tonight. 

The game will take care of itself, enjoy the journey guys n gals  😜

Not confident at all. We lost 5-0 to these mugs last time out. 

hughesie27
16 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Would surely make a difference to things. 

In what way?

Oda be a JT

I say the same thing every time we play either of the uglies, don’t concede an early goal, don’t sit off/back them and it’s game on.

Glass is half full, even staying in today to be fresh as daisies for tomorrow.

Benny Klack

Going in hope rather than expectation - not confident at all but you never know…

I have mixed feelings about Sunday, I feel that we might sneak it 1-0, or we are going to be horsed 3-0 or 4-0 as I think Sevco will raise their game to get rid of the poor form that they've been suffering from.

BlueRiver

I went into the game at Ibrox confident and we got slaughtered. I'd be lying if I said I was confident for this but if Motherwell and Ross County can beat them there's no reason we can't. 

Daveandal

Buzzing is the word. I'm excited.

Usually when you play Celtic or Rangers you have a bit of trepidation or even fear. You know it's going to a long afternoon. Every so often your feelings are not right and Hearts put on a show and get a result.

But I'm excited for this. I can't wait. 

As for the result.... who knows.