So how have you occupied your Saturdays without the Footie?

chester copperpot

chester copperpot

What's everyone done these last few Sat's?

I tend to try build some major brownie points with the missus, as I'm not around most saturdays when the football is on.

I also try to remind my kids of what their father looks like when there's no football on ;)

Today is a day for myself though. Kicked back with large amounts of Cider, watching Der Huns and the golf, and generally having some time to myself.

Whats everyone else done these past 8 Saturdays? (Just in general, dont need a blow by blow description).

chester copperpot
Who are Rangers playing and is it on council TV?

Setanta 2 mate, hold on I'll just check.

Edit - Yeah, its on Sultana 2 bud. Better off with the golf anyway.

chester copperpot
Booooo

Cheers guys. Hope they get ripped a new one.

Schalke winning 1-0. :)

Feeling sorry for myself nursing a monster hangover today.

Is it just my imagination or is Schalke's pitch absolutely massive ?

Feeling sorry for myself nursing a monster hangover today.

Is it just my imagination or is Schalke's pitch absolutely massive ?

serves ye right (wi' the hangover I mean) !! lucky bar steward leading up to it though!

The past few Saturdays, I've been helping my lad (24 year old) get ready to move into his new flat (he moves in this weekend, probably the morn). Soon back to "normal" though.......instead of being civil to each other, it'll be back to the scrapping and banter: him going to Ibrox and me at Tynie......... roll on the new season!!!

chester copperpot
serves ye right (wi' the hangover I mean) !! lucky bar steward leading up to it though!

The past few Saturdays, I've been helping my lad (24 year old) get ready to move into his new flat (he moves in this weekend, probably the morn). Soon back to "normal" though.......instead of being civil to each other, it'll be back to the scrapping and banter: him going to Ibrox and me at Tynie......... roll on the new season!!!

you're obviously a bad father if he's grew up supporting Rangers. Joke

you're obviously a bad father if he's grew up supporting Rangers. Joke

Heh heh heh!

I've been called worse than that........anyhoo, if you pick on me I'll get big John Mitchell tae ye!! He'll fix ye oot!!!! ;)

I've dossed about today, much like Le Chat, nursing a hangover.

Taught myself a new song on the geetar, bit of GTA, off to Glasow tonight to see some pals.

I love Saturdays. Fottball or not.

The People's Chimp

today, in a hungover mess ;)

last week, T in the park

week before, prob a hungover mess.

etc.

Carl Spackler

Played lots of Golf and watched my handicap creap up 0.1 every week (save one week).

Today was the worst. Next week I go for lessons. ?20 for half an hour. Good work if you can get it! (Up yours Chevvy Chase).

Doctor FinnBarr

Last weekend, organised a bike do at Luncarty in Perthshire (and you will get a blow by blow account ). We were drinking in a bowling club that normally takes ?200 Fri and Sat nights, we changed that, they took ?650 on the Fri when there was 16 of us there, and more than ?3000 on the Sat night. The raffle money raised went to Luncarty JFC who allowed us to camp on their pitch, with chief sales woman Kay in charge, ?247. On of the lads shaved his mouser on the Sun morning for somebody who was/is doing a round the coast bike ride for charity, ?60.

Other Sats I can't remember, too drunk! LOL

;)

Doctor FinnBarr
A great day then? :)

So do we start a separate drinking thread tonight or just work off this and the pre-season thread?

:)

chester copperpot
So do we start a separate drinking thread tonight or just work off this and the pre-season thread?

:)

Ah'm not fussed mate, wont be on too much longer. (So I say anyway).

Few beers in my old mans bowling club then messenger sound system tonight. With mates as my dads not up for the dub and reggae.... tonight.

Few beers in my old mans bowling club then messenger sound system tonight. With mates as my dads not up for the dub and reggae.... tonight.

That sounds good mate. Not necessarily the old man bit though! :)

I have been really busy tbh, to fly in the face of the usual non footballing statement, I have not been shopping once on a Saturday afternoon!

Today has been mellow, first for ages, and the first few beers have been drunk. :)

Enjoy the Messenger man.

I have been really busy tbh, to fly in the face of the usual non footballing statement, I have not been shopping once on a Saturday afternoon!

Today has been mellow, first for ages, and the first few beers have been drunk. :)

Enjoy the Messenger man.

Will do... I'm sure. Cheers.

Been dragged shopping once this closed season which is a good result.

winston churchill

the cars never been so clean.

the gardens never been so tidy.

and as for the golf,i am still tom kite.

chester copperpot
the cars never been so clean.

the gardens never been so tidy.

and as for the golf,i am still tom kite.

My handicap has actually went up this summer, if thats at all possible.:confused:

Doctor FinnBarr
My handicap has actually went up this summer, if thats at all possible.:confused:

Well, is it possible?

Just getting ripped into Hamster beer now, hope that doesn't upset any of the health freaks on here.

:rolleyes:

Denny Crane
Drinking and Gambling

WHo says Frank McGarvey doesn't read these boards!?

;)

chester copperpot
WHo says Frank McGarvey doesn't read these boards!?

;)

No it would've read, drinking and gambling, and lieing down to Cellick.:mad:

Enjoy the Messenger man.

I did.... Just in.

Archived