• Ulysses

• Tazio

• Jim_Duncan

• luckyBatistuta

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ulysses
25 minutes ago, Jim_Duncan said:

Not when she's helping HMFC to rake in the cash with hotel bookings.

I'm off to stick Aja on again.

Stick Aja on what?  The hob?

39 minutes ago, il Duce McTarkin said:

The sick **** doesn't even own the equipment to play them on.

:whistling: 

I would struggle to name any of her songs but would recognise a few of them if they came on the radio. Personally I struggle to understand why she has such a massive following, but there again that applies for quite a lot of 'modern' artists like Sheeran, Adele and Harry Styles - all of whom seem to have huge fanbases. Their 'music' does nothing for me personally but each to their own I suppose. 

neilnunb

I think she's great. Been my wee guilty pleasure for years.  If I wasn't almost 50 I'd defo be going to Murrayfield to see her.

😁

Carl Fredrickson

My 8 year old daughter loves TS and if I were a better dad I would be selling a kidney to get tickets for Murrayfield. 

She puts on a good live show and sings about things that young lassies can relate to. I did enjoy Ryan Adams recording of 1989 (first time I heard any of her songs though I wasnt aware of this when I bought the album).

Not my cup of tea but at least she writes and plays instruments. 

Our hotel is sold out to for each of her gigs so we are benefitting from her popularity. 

Statts1976uk

She's one of these artists who seem to make pop songs to keep the money rolling in but do pet projects and collaborations that actually interest her, Lady Gaga is much the same.

My 10 year old daughter is crazy about her, I suppose there are worse acts for her to be into. 

Kalamazoo Jambo
1 hour ago, neilnunb said:

I think she's great. Been my wee guilty pleasure for years.  If I wasn't almost 50 I'd defo be going to Murrayfield to see her.

😁

I went to see her at the tender age of 51. I did have an 11 year old in tow though :laugh:

Costanza

My 5 year old has Shake It Off on her playlist but currently would rather listen to Everything Everything and a hocus pocus cover of Blondie so that's beneficial for my ears.

been here before

Never knew she was playing at Murrayfield and really couldnt name any of her songs though Id probably recognise a few if I heard them simply due to not really being able to eacape them.

Decent legs though so fair play to her.

Madjambo21

I belive she is that popular when she does a tour I America it positively effects the GDP

He's tour that she recorded and played in cinemas made over 100 million.

Let's get a Hearts scarf above the head on this lady like a new signing lol

Ulysses
2 hours ago, Kalamazoo Jambo said:

I went to see her at the tender age of 51. I did have an 11 year old in tow though :laugh:

I wasn't prepared to spend €1,500 on two "experience" tickets for the Aviva, but I did try hard to score regular seats at about 10-11 venues across Europe.  That might have ended up costing as much or more with flights and hotels, but at least I could have made a holiday out of it.

Kalamazoo Jambo
13 hours ago, Jim_Duncan said:

I thought Taylor Swift did country music? That was crap, sorry.

She largely moved on from country more than 10 years ago.

Kalamazoo Jambo
6 minutes ago, Ulysses said:

I wasn't prepared to spend €1,500 on two "experience" tickets for the Aviva, but I did try hard to score regular seats at about 10-11 venues across Europe.  That might have ended up costing as much or more with flights and hotels, but at least I could have made a holiday out of it.

I’m just glad that while we all love Taylor, Kalamazoo Jr’s favourite band are the Goo Goo Dolls who are a lot cheaper to see :ninja:

jambostuart
14 minutes ago, Kalamazoo Jambo said:

I’m just glad that while we all love Taylor, Kalamazoo Jr’s favourite band are the Goo Goo Dolls who are a lot cheaper to see :ninja:

Also far more talented! Although i wasn't impressed with the last time I saw them in Glasgow...

As for Taylor, she has a few good tunes (Blank Space is a very well written song), but I wouldn't listen to a whole album of her music. If she's helping Hearts make money through the hotel's dynamic pricing then all the best to her. Better than when my favourite singer chose to play Easter Road back in 2005....

Ulysses
17 minutes ago, Kalamazoo Jambo said:

I tried to catch the Goo Goo Dolls last June in Dublin.  They played Vicar Street, a fantastic venue but a bit small, and I didn't manage to win "fastest finger first" when the tickets went on sale.

milky_26
26 minutes ago, Ulysses said:

I tried to catch the Goo Goo Dolls last June in Dublin.  They played Vicar Street, a fantastic venue but a bit small, and I didn't manage to win "fastest finger first" when the tickets went on sale.

a  few years ago i saw thunder at vicar street, i agree a great little venue

milky_26
47 minutes ago, Kalamazoo Jambo said:

if tickets to the goo goo dolls were expensive they would probably make you dizzy

Jim_Duncan
49 minutes ago, Kalamazoo Jambo said:

She largely moved on from country more than 10 years ago.

Glad she has. Some of us haven’t, however. 

jambostuart
5 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

if tickets to the goo goo dolls were expensive they would probably make you dizzy

She makes a real mess of this IMO

EDIT:

A better version with less screaming

Edited by jambostuart

highlandjambo3
18 hours ago, Scott Monument said:

As we all know Taylor Swift is performing at Murrayfield in the summer and the demand for hotel rooms is high I would imagine we are increasing our prices due to the high demand for rooms 

I’ve just spent less than 5 minutes trying to book a room in the hotel during the swift concert…..only 1 room left available on the Sunday evening at £470 room only………safe to assume we are cashing in.

hmfc_liam06
3 hours ago, Ulysses said:

Most of you sound like your dads back in the day. :laugh:

My thoughts exactly.

Back in my day…😂

Ray Gin

There was plenty of generic, mundane pop crap like this back when I was a kid too.

Hard to believe that people who use the internet have never heard of Taylor Swift.  ‘Shake it Off’ is the only song I could name, but I’m sure I’d recognise plenty more if I heard them.

The excitement around this reminds me of the Bowie concert at M’field in 1983.  Can’t believe that’s over 40 years ago 🤦‍♂️

3 minutes ago, FWJ said:

Hard to believe that people who use the internet have never heard of Taylor Swift.  ‘Shake it Off’ is the only song I could name, but I’m sure I’d recognise plenty more if I heard them.

The excitement around this reminds me of the Bowie concert at M’field in 1983.  Can’t believe that’s over 40 years ago 🤦‍♂️

I was just chatting about that Bowie gig today, rotten weather but glad I got to see him live. 

Can't say I'm familiar with her material, but she seems a nice enough lassie, isn't bad looking and seems to wind up all the right people simply by existing, so fair play.

il Duce McTarkin
7 hours ago, Ulysses said:

Most of you sound like your dads back in the day. :laugh:

Not enough swear words, cutting, personal put-downs and black humour to sound like mine.

Randy Marsh

I often AIRBNB my spare room.  I was amazed when some French girl booked it almost a year in advance last summer.  She messaged me to say she was going to the Taylor Swift concert so it makes sense now looking at the cost of hotels etc.  If I had known about this I could have bumped the prices up massively.     

Jim_Duncan
25 minutes ago, Randy Marsh said:

I often AIRBNB my spare room.  I was amazed when some French girl booked it almost a year in advance last summer.  She messaged me to say she was going to the Taylor Swift concert so it makes sense now looking at the cost of hotels etc.  If I had known about this I could have bumped the prices up massively.     

There are other ways you can gain out of this deal. I’ve seen loads of ‘documentaries’ about it online. 

AndyNic
42 minutes ago, Randy Marsh said:

Cancel her booking 

:greggy:

Randy Marsh
26 minutes ago, AndyNic said:

Cancel her booking 

:greggy:

You get penalties for doing so and you cant re-advertise the same days unfortunately.  She booked it for a full week too as she wants to explore Edinburgh.  I might ask her if she wants to go for a drink in the nearest pub (The Anchor Inn).  Heard great things about that place.

Carl Fredrickson
23 hours ago, FWJ said:

I was 13 at that time and playing football near my house in Gorebridge the night of that gig. We could hear "a noise" while we played - couldnt make out what it was however the next day the Evening News headlines was about the noise levels of the Bowie gig. 

IIRC was that the first gig at Murrayfield?

The Jazz Emu

My little brother thinks she is great and has a picture of her on his phone.

He is going to see her at Murrayfield with a couple of his school chums.

Jambo dans les Pyrenees
On 15/04/2024 at 12:19, Randy Marsh said:

You get penalties for doing so and you cant re-advertise the same days unfortunately.  She booked it for a full week too as she wants to explore Edinburgh.  I might ask her if she wants to go for a drink in the nearest pub (The Anchor Inn).  Heard great things about that place.

This thread has potential.

My 5 year old is a Swiftie.  But she’s developing a broad taste in music; she absolutely loves Florence and the Machine.

doctor jambo
On 15/04/2024 at 09:57, Randy Marsh said:

It might be Taylor swift , using a fake name

JimmyCant
On 14/04/2024 at 01:08, JudyJudyJudy said:

Actually was in a pub one night and a song came on which I liked and I think it was one of hers , “ flowers “ or something ? 

Is that not Miley Cyrus ? Who by the way would kick Taylor Swifts arse into next week.

JudyJudyJudy
39 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

Is that not Miley Cyrus ? Who by the way would kick Taylor Swifts arse into next week.

It was . I didn’t have a clue but looked ar the juke box and saw it was her . Great tune 

Jim_Duncan
11 hours ago, Jambo dans les Pyrenees said:

This thread has potential.

My 5 year old is a Swiftie.  But she’s developing a broad taste in music; she absolutely loves Florence and the Machine.

My kids sing along to Steely Dan and have their favourite albums. @Tazio may not approve. 

luckyBatistuta
5 hours ago, JimmyCant said:

I’d pay to watch that😃

You are 100% right though

27 minutes ago, Jim_Duncan said:

My kids sing along to Steely Dan and have their favourite albums. @Tazio may not approve. 

Those poor children. 

Kalamazoo Jambo
2 minutes ago, luckyBatistuta said:

I’d pay to watch that😃

You are 100% right though

Haters gonna hate

Spoiler

hate hate hate hate

luckyBatistuta
18 minutes ago, Kalamazoo Jambo said:

Haters gonna hate

Reveal hidden contents

hate hate hate hate

Jump on my post like some kind of Wrecking Ball. You better hope I don’t See You Again, think you should just Slide Away

Ulysses

Another album due out on April 19th.  She has some work ethic, it must be said.

taylor-hero-1600x900.jpeg&f=1&nofb=1&ipt

Jim_Duncan
5 hours ago, Ulysses said:

Another album due out on April 19th.  She has some work ethic, it must be said.

taylor-hero-1600x900.jpeg&f=1&nofb=1&ipt

She appears to have some kind of itch in a place you really don’t want an itch, it must also be said. 

Ulysses
3 hours ago, Jim_Duncan said:

She appears to have some kind of itch in a place you really don’t want an itch, it must also be said. 

No doubt one of the special editions will have a different image on the cover.

It'll be interesting to actually hear the songs.  Swift's legions of fans (and her legendary marketing machine) will deliver the sales figures, but the fans are gonna be disappointed if the songs don't live up to the hype.

luckyBatistuta
18 minutes ago, Ulysses said:

No doubt one of the special editions will have a different image on the cover.

It'll be interesting to actually hear the songs.  Swift's legions of fans (and her legendary marketing machine) will deliver the sales figures, but the fans are gonna be disappointed if the songs don't live up to the hype.

She could sing a phone book and they’d all buy it. 

milky_26
11 hours ago, luckyBatistuta said:

Jump on my post like some kind of Wrecking Ball. You better hope I don’t See You Again, think you should just Slide Away

As soon as I saw you had posted I knew you would be trouble 

luckyBatistuta
5 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

As soon as I saw you had posted I knew you would be trouble 

Nothing breaks my heart more, when angels like you pull me up

Edited by luckyBatistuta

Ulysses
8 minutes ago, luckyBatistuta said:

She could sing a phone book and they’d all buy it. 

She could do it this time.

TTPD will sell like mad on the strength of Midnights.  In turn, that sold like mad on the strength of her Covid-19 releases.  If she releases a dud this time she won't get the sales next time out.

As for her work ethic, she released a new album in 2019, two during the pandemic, another in 2022, and recorded her current album while on a world tour that doesn't end for another eight months.  She also re-recorded four of her previous studio albums in the same time period - making them worth more than the originals and widening her fan base in the process.  Nine worldwide number one albums in five years is a remarkable output by any standards.