Taylor Swift

Scott Monument

luckyBatistuta
20 minutes ago, Ulysses said:

She could do it this time.

TTPD will sell like mad on the strength of Midnights.  In turn, that sold like mad on the strength of her Covid-19 releases.  If she releases a dud this time she won't get the sales next time out.

As for her work ethic, she released a new album in 2019, two during the pandemic, another in 2022, and recorded her current album while on a world tour that doesn't end for another eight months.  She also re-recorded four of her previous studio albums in the same time period - making them worth more than the originals and widening her fan base in the process.  Nine worldwide number one albums in five years is a remarkable output by any standards.

Wonder who’ll be getting personally attacked by her on this album

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ulysses

• Tazio

• Jim_Duncan

• luckyBatistuta

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

il Duce McTarkin
13 minutes ago, luckyBatistuta said:

Wonder who’ll be getting personally attacked by her on this album

She can personally attack me any time that she fancies, tbh.

luckyBatistuta
Just now, il Duce McTarkin said:

And moi

Ulysses
17 minutes ago, il Duce McTarkin said:

15 minutes ago, luckyBatistuta said:

And moi

She wouldn't touch either of you with Scooter Braun's.  :runaway:

luckyBatistuta
Just now, Ulysses said:

She wouldn't touch either of you with Scooter Braun's.  :runaway:

Definitely ahead of you in the queue auld yin😁 You wait and see, once her money runs out…

Ulysses
4 minutes ago, luckyBatistuta said:

Definitely ahead of you in the queue auld yin😁 You wait and see, once her money runs out…

Queue? Me?

I couldn't even get into a queue to get scammed for non-existent tickets for one of her gigs. :laugh:

luckyBatistuta
1 minute ago, Ulysses said:

Queue? Me?

I couldn't even get into a queue to get scammed for non-existent tickets for one of her gigs. :laugh:

:lol:

Malinga the Swinga

Hopefully you were all up early this morning for release of her new album, which is a double album. Already broken all streaming records after release.

Ray Gin
5 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Sick of hearing about this ****er

It was quite impressive when she won the Superbowl tbf.

been here before
6 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Sick of hearing about this ****er

Just the thread to be clicking on then.

Personally I've been up dancing  since the early morning.

hughesie27

Releases her album (which has about a dozen variations in vinyl form) and then immediately announces another version with 15 additional songs after everyone has already spent their money on the now "basic" version. 

Money grab. Fans will lap it up.

been here before
10 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

plastic

Im not the greatest mover I admit but theres no need for that.

Anyhow did I not read somewhere that The Blue Nile get name checked a couple of times on a tune?

Edited to say yes, yes I did.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/articles/cd1wgrrxx1ro

Edited by been here before

I listened to the new album out of curiosity today on my commute as I had a trip out of town on the train. It’s perfectly alright but nothing special. You can tell she has very good co-writers on her recent projects. She’s got quite the potty mouth for someone who has so many young people in their fan base. 

Costanza
2 hours ago, hughesie27 said:

Releases her album (which has about a dozen variations in vinyl form) and then immediately announces another version with 15 additional songs after everyone has already spent their money on the now "basic" version. 

Money grab. Fans will lap it up.

Neil Tennant half jokingly once called her the Mrs Thatcher of pop music. Think he had a point.

Anyway,  I see she namechecked the Blue Nile on her new album, so a bit of kudos there.

Ulysses
7 minutes ago, Tazio said:

I listened to the new album out of curiosity today on my commute as I had a trip out of town on the train. It’s perfectly alright but nothing special. You can tell she has very good co-writers on her recent projects. She’s got quite the potty mouth for someone who has so many young people in their fan base. 

Likewise. I was interested to see how she'd follow what I thought was a genuinely genius album in Midnights.  I listened to the album today plus about 6 of the "up yours, Kim Kardashian" bonus tracks.  It's pretty competent but not her best.  The clever in-jokes and zingers are there alright, but it's not really catchy enough, whereas on my first listen to Midnights 4 or 5 songs stood out instantly as classics.  Because the songs on TTPD don't stand out as memorably as Midnights, you notice the repeating theme(s) a lot more.

Also, I could clearly get a Lana Del Rey vibe in a couple of the tracks - but they sounded more like sub-par covers that Lana herself would have done better.  To me, that suggests that Antonoff had a fair bit of control over what was going on, at least for those songs.

Day@theraces

Don't see the appeal on her musically, but each to their own. She's probably going to end up the richest musician of all time long before she hangs up her mic. The hotel is going to make a small fortune when she comes to auld reekie.

Edited by Day@theraces

14 hours ago, Tazio said:

What suggests that to you out of interest? Personally I don't find the recent stuff as well written.

36 minutes ago, Taffin said:

What suggests that to you out of interest? Personally I don't find the recent stuff as well written.

The songs are well constructed and the production is good. But I felt a lot of it those skills were fighting against not so good source material. 

28 minutes ago, Tazio said:

The songs are well constructed and the production is good. But I felt a lot of it those skills were fighting against not so good source material. 

Ah interesting. All tastes I guess. Red, 1989, Lover and Folklore are the best for me.

Ulysses
37 minutes ago, Tazio said:

It may be that Swift's creative relationship with Antonoff is running out of steam, and that she needs to bring some changes to her collaborations.

Or it may be that it would have been better to sacrifice some quantity for more quality.  Swift has a remarkable work ethic and output rate, but you'd wonder if it might have been possible to work those 31 songs down into a smaller number of more memorable songs, and to take longer over doing that.  The album will sell well anyway, but maybe it could've (would've should've) been better.

16 minutes ago, Ulysses said:

Or it may be that it would have been better to sacrifice some quantity for more quality.  Swift has a remarkable work ethic and output rate, but you'd wonder if it might have been possible to work those 31 songs down into a smaller number of more memorable songs, and to take longer over doing that.  

I'm a great believer that most of the albums that pop up whenever 'classic albums' are spoken of tend to be short albums. Obviously a lot of them were released when length was limited by the length a single album could be but even more recent ones that are highly rated are pretty short. Nevermind clocks in at around 40 minutes, ditto the first Arctic Monkeys album. If you go back further it's most of the classics. Then when CD showed up and you could have 70 minutes without the extra costs a vinyl double album cost it all went tits up for a lot of artists as albums seemed to contain a lot of filler tracks.

Ulysses
1 hour ago, Tazio said:

I'm a great believer that most of the albums that pop up whenever 'classic albums' are spoken of tend to be short albums. Obviously a lot of them were released when length was limited by the length a single album could be but even more recent ones that are highly rated are pretty short. Nevermind clocks in at around 40 minutes, ditto the first Arctic Monkeys album. If you go back further it's most of the classics. Then when CD showed up and you could have 70 minutes without the extra costs a vinyl double album cost it all went tits up for a lot of artists as albums seemed to contain a lot of filler tracks.

Dark Side Of The Moon, 42 and a bit minutes.  Ziggy Stardust, 38 and a half.

Funny enough, Midnights was 44 minutes long.