1st derby of the new season...

Boof

...is today.

Shetland supporters of Hearts and the wee team face each other at Clickimin South today at 5pm in a charity fund-raiser for MS.

Hearts lost on penalties last year so are out for revenge (and hope that their opposition don't field as many ringers as last year:mad:).

The game will be followed y a BBQ and p-up across the road at the house of the Hobo skipper.

It is currently lashing it down :sad:

Anyone who fancies a game (Scallywag...hint hint) is welcome to take their boots along.

Players for us last year ranged in age from 10-62 :D

Will update y'all tomorrow.

chester copperpot
Enjoy the BBQ and pish up.

pcp158.jpg

:rofl: Never laughed out loud as I did when I saw that pic.

dont suppose anyone has a contact from the Shetland Hearts supporters? PM me if so please...

...is today.

Shetland supporters of Hearts and the wee team face each other at Clickimin South today at 5pm in a charity fund-raiser for MS.

Hearts lost on penalties last year so are out for revenge (and hope that their opposition don't field as many ringers as last year:mad:).

The game will be followed y a BBQ and p-up across the road at the house of the Hobo skipper.

It is currently lashing it down :sad:

Anyone who fancies a game (Scallywag...hint hint) is welcome to take their boots along.

Players for us last year ranged in age from 10-62 :D

Will update y'all tomorrow.

Bit of earlier notice and my nephew Darren would have played for the JT's.

He's 13, lives in Shetland and is currently deciding which club to join from Man U, Liverpool, Newcastle, Celtic and Rangers.

get him to hearts!

you know it makes sense(ish)

;)

Children these days are a lot smarter tho :P

Well folks...I'm afraid the news isn't good.

A flying gale - bordering on unplayable - greeted us as we stepped onto the lush Clickimin turf. Thankfully most of the rain held off for the duration of the game - if not the BBQ.

Half-time was a wind-assisted 5-2 to the wee team and full time saw the score at 8-4 for them.

At least our 4 all came from genuine Jambos - DigrsSlopBukit amongst them...and the 63-year-old Don Laurenson from the spot (after a quiet word to the ref and a Miko-esque tumble in the box from yours truly). Liam Summers and Neil Sutherland in the first half began our scoring.

So...what went wrong?

Was it the media onslaught prior to kick off?

Was it the pints and hot dogs at half time?

Was it the ringers they played again (e.g. u-18 Shetland keeper)

Was it that our average 4 stone a man weight advantage actually worked against us?

Or was it just the fact they had more players who were better than us?

Well...to be honest...I'd have to go for the latter. They had some cracking players...and will next year, and the year after...etc.

Still, the BBQ and p-up went ahead in the wind and rain and some (dunno yet how much) money was raised for charity.

And, with any luck, that'll be the only silverware they see this season :D

So...any footballing JKBers who happen to be up here next summer...gie's a shout and, for once, let's get 'em pumped

DigrsSlopBukit

Excellent match write-up sir!

I'm a tad sore today Boof

Hows you?

Edit:need to change signature,has it really been that long?

Sorry to here about the defeat lads.

That's a cracking little sports centre up there.

The Old Tolbooth

Hows you?

Edit:need to change signature,has it really been that long?

Loving your avatar mate, pure quality!

There's always next year (how often do we say that???)

P.S. None of you guys is Gavin Calders son by any chance? I know he's a Jambo up there somewhere.

Hows you?

Think I was too honest and impartial - nae job for me in the Scottish media :laugh:

Maybe I should've mentioned the ref wearing the Sellik Tap under his outfit as a clue to how the match would spin out. :D

Minor spaegie - bit o' a drought earlier on today...forgot my anti-hangover cure before beddybyes :sad:

I think John might be thinking of Robin Calder? He's a jambo and was my history techer up there in my 5th year or something. Must have gone up straight out his training cos was quite young. Good to hear summers scored, one of my mates. Shame about the result but good effort anyway!!

I'm sure it will be Robin - I work beside him at the AHS.

John's gotta PM.

Archived