The best goal Hearts have ever scored?

rudi must stay

SMJ_1874
15 hours ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Kingsley. Hampden. 

I think BHB means @rudi must stay is former  Jambo in Hamilton under a new guise. Or maybe I’m picking up BHB wrongly. 🤷‍♂️  I’m not sure as I never bother to go back that far or check old threads but JIH certainly disappeared a while ago, never to be heard from again…..or maybe I’m wrong 🤔

Edited by SMJ_1874

rudi must stay
3 minutes ago, SMJ_1874 said:

I think BHB means @rudi must stay is former  Jambo in Hamilton under a new guise.  It sure as I never bother to go back that far. JIH certainly disappeared a while ago 🤔

Well he's wrong 

PaddysBar
14 hours ago, ArcticJambo said:

Well, this is my favourite goal of all time .... have Hearts scored anything similar. I'm absolutely terrible for remembering goals. I remember Robbo's first at Tannadice in '86, and Ferguson's at Tynie, and Ozturk's at ER and Shanks last one at ER, I mean I can visualise teh very moments but apart from that, I'm useless.

Tap in. Load of pish 😀

ArcticJambo
15 minutes ago, PaddysBar said:

Tap in. Load of pish 😀

Bored on the bus yet! :lol:

Thomaso

Adam 1998 cup final

THE END

gregzy2k7
17 hours ago, rudi must stay said:

Austin McCann v Celtic

Stephen Humphreys v Motherwell

Pinilla V Aberdeen

There's your options. Which one

Is it purely down to aesthetics I.e which goal is the most beautiful or is it what meant the most to the football club?

Humphrey’s goal was spectacular and pretty unexpected, It was a really enjoyable goal to watch back.

I would say Austin McCanns meant the most to the club and was also a pretty wonderful goal tbf,

but in all honesty as a team goal and looking at it from a purely Footballing point of view I would actually say Pinilla's goal up at Aberdeen was an absolute beauty and gets my vote.

rudi must stay
1 minute ago, gregzy2k7 said:

Is it purely down to aesthetics I.e which goal is the most beautiful or is it what meant the most to the football club?

Humphrey’s goal was spectacular and pretty unexpected, It was a really enjoyable goal to watch back.

I would say Austin McCanns meant the most to the club and was also a pretty wonderful goal tbf,

but in all honesty as a team goal and looking at it from a purely Footballing point of view I would actually say Pinilla's goal up at Aberdeen was an absolute beauty and gets my vote.

Most beautiful 

Victor Meldrew
17 hours ago, Polonia Gorgie said:

Hartley's free kick against Hibs in the semi was a thing of beauty 

I thought the first goal that day was superb - brilliant counter-attacking and the ball that Jankauskas threaded through to Sir Paul was great

Victor Meldrew

Fozzie at Easter Road in the Scottish Cup in 1994 has to be a contender too, along with Iain Ferguson's free kick against Bayern in 1989

3 hours ago, SMJ_1874 said:

I think BHB means @rudi must stay is former  Jambo in Hamilton under a new guise. Or maybe I’m picking up BHB wrongly. 🤷‍♂️  I’m not sure as I never bother to go back that far or check old threads but JIH certainly disappeared a while ago, never to be heard from again…..or maybe I’m wrong 🤔

I think that is exactly what he’s hinting at.

For what it’s worth, I think he’s wrong.

hmfc_steve
16 hours ago, Cairneyhill Jambo said:

Yip. That's got to be mines too. Amazing night. 

This is mine as well .. so long ago but will never forget the atmosphere that night

Just now, 19052012 said:

Andy Driver vs Falkirk

Not the best imo, but wanted to add it to the conversation with the others as it was class.

Dsjambo
19 hours ago, ollie2004 said:

Roald Jensen early 1960'a at darkeid in a 2 nil win. Donald Ford scored other

Jensen scored from almost bye line incredibly. 

I was at that game, I was only about 12 I think, pretty sure it was 69/70 season. Roald’s goal may have been a cross but it was 2-0 at HT and like the Alamo in the second half but a brilliant, if unexpected, win.

SMJ_1874
2 hours ago, Morgan said:

I think that is exactly what he’s hinting at.

For what it’s worth, I think he’s wrong.

Yeh I think you’re right as rudi has a long history so I doubt he’s JIH. 

Watt-Zeefuik

The Humphrys goal was good but it was a game that was already won and he was just having a pop at chipping the keeper. They're dramatic looking but to me the level of skill and the importance doesn't make them greatest ever candidates.

Now this, on the other hand . . .

Chills every time I watch it. Absolutely love his Colossus celebration.

Even better because Stubbo said the "he could hit it a million times and not hit another one" and then he went on to score two more of the exact same shot in the subsequent months.