RCD Mallorca Home Games

Cairneyhill Jambo

Cairneyhill Jambo

Mods - Feel free to move this to the Shed if more appropriate.

I'm looking for a bit of advice.

I've got the chance of a ticket for the RCD Mallorca home against Atletico Madrid on the 4 May.  Kick-off is 9pm at the Son Moix stadium, which is the new one from when we played them in Europe back in 1998/99.

I can get to the ground okay but i was wondering if anyone on here had any experiences of getting back to Palma City Centre of Palma Nova after the game please?  I would imagine the game will finish about 11pm.  

I think the direct bus from the stadium to Palma Nova stops at about 1020pm so my only option is to get to Palma bus station and get a bus from there or get a taxi at the stadium. 

Does anyone know if you can get a taxi at the ground?

Thanks in advance.

Cheers 

Fxxx the SPFL
16 minutes ago, Cairneyhill Jambo said:

Mods - Feel free to move this to the Shed if more appropriate.

I'm looking for a bit of advice.

I've got the chance of a ticket for the RCD Mallorca home against Atletico Madrid on the 4 May.  Kick-off is 9pm at the Son Moix stadium, which is the new one from when we played them in Europe back in 1998/99.

I can get to the ground okay but i was wondering if anyone on here had any experiences of getting back to Palma City Centre of Palma Nova after the game please?  I would imagine the game will finish about 11pm.  

I think the direct bus from the stadium to Palma Nova stops at about 1020pm so my only option is to get to Palma bus station and get a bus from there or get a taxi at the stadium. 

Does anyone know if you can get a taxi at the ground?

Thanks in advance.

Cheers 

Imagine missing the Hearts Rangers post split fixture to watch that. Shanks pony for you I’m afraid enjoy game

Mr Sifter

I know a few boys who go to Mallorca games. They’re all Jambos who drink in The Ardmillan. They’ve got quite a few Spanish locals into the Hearts these past few years, even getting two or three of them over for the cup final v Rangers. Dunno if any of them post on here mind 🤔 I DO know though that a couple of the staff at The Piano bar are the locals I’ve mentioned above. Maybe worth contacting the bar beforehand? 

Cairneyhill Jambo
12 minutes ago, Mr Sifter said:

I know a few boys who go to Mallorca games. They’re all Jambos who drink in The Ardmillan. They’ve got quite a few Spanish locals into the Hearts these past few years, even getting two or three of them over for the cup final v Rangers. Dunno if any of them post on here mind 🤔 I DO know though that a couple of the staff at The Piano bar are the locals I’ve mentioned above. Maybe worth contacting the bar beforehand? 

Cheers for that.  I actually know the wife of one of the staff at the Piano bar.  Think his name is David Ariza.  I'll maybe message her.  One of the locals i know has a season ticket and he has offered me a lift but it would cause a bit of hassle due to the hours he works etc.

Cairneyhill Jambo
29 minutes ago, **** the SPFL said:

Imagine missing the Hearts Rangers post split fixture to watch that. Shanks pony for you I’m afraid enjoy game

Cheers mate.  I did think it may clash.  Will just have to wait and see when the fixtures come out.

I don't mind walking 3km back into the centre of Palma but not at midnight.  Would rather spend my holiday by the pool than in the local hospital. 🤣

Fxxx the SPFL
39 minutes ago, Cairneyhill Jambo said:

Cheers mate.  I did think it may clash.  Will just have to wait and see when the fixtures come out.

I don't mind walking 3km back into the centre of Palma but not at midnight.  Would rather spend my holiday by the pool than in the local hospital. 🤣

Palms nova is okay you’ll be fine lol

2 hours ago, Mr Sifter said:

It was the semi last year where we had Charlie and Xavi over. Xavi is the Mallorca fan. We've only been to one game, Mallorca v Valencia but it was a few years ago now. Had to walk back into Palma, that was a challenge!!

Mr Sifter
3 minutes ago, JWL said:

It was the semi last year where we had Charlie and Xavi over. Xavi is the Mallorca fan. We've only been to one game, Mallorca v Valencia but it was a few years ago now. Had to walk back into Palma, that was a challenge!!

Ahh, ok mate. You must be pals with ma brother in law. RH? 

Just now, Mr Sifter said:

Ahh, ok mate. You must be pals with ma brother in law. RH? 

Aye, we head back out to Majorca in a few weeks.

Mr Sifter
Just now, JWL said:

Aye, we head back out to Majorca in a few weeks.

No surprised to hear that. Mr H hates a holiday these days. Beginning to wonder if he needs to leave so often for tax purposes or somethin 🤪

Just now, Mr Sifter said:

No surprised to hear that. Mr H hates a holiday these days. Beginning to wonder if he needs to leave so often for tax purposes or somethin 🤪

He's in feckin Lanzarote or somewhere right now. He's certainly making the most of his retirement.

Mr Sifter
41 minutes ago, JWL said:

He's in feckin Lanzarote or somewhere right now. He's certainly making the most of his retirement.

🤣🤣 Forgot that actually.