Donate a ticket - semi final

JAMBO.LOU

JAMBO.LOU

Today I posted on facebook offering to buy a couple of tickets for the semi final for a fellow fan who couldn't afford one.

I was inundated with genuine requests - I have ended up buying more than I had planned to.   

I am not doing this for thanks etc  I just wanted to help fellow fans but also see Hampden Maroon and white

it got me thinking though - I am sure there are maybe a lot more fans who would maybe love to go to the game but cannot afford tickets

and maybe some other fans who would be in the position to donate?

I know there was a poster on here years ago who used to facilitate ticket donations etc - i wondered if they were still about?

if not i am happy to try organise something if there was interest?

lets paint Hampden Maroon 

davemclaren
On 07/04/2024 at 16:11, JAMBO.LOU said:

Today I posted on facebook offering to buy a couple of tickets for the semi final for a fellow fan who couldn't afford one.

I was inundated with genuine requests - I have ended up buying more than I had planned to.   

I am not doing this for thanks etc  I just wanted to help fellow fans but also see Hampden Maroon and white

it got me thinking though - I am sure there are maybe a lot more fans who would maybe love to go to the game but cannot afford tickets

I know there was a poster on here years ago who used to facilitate ticket donations etc - i wondered if they were still about?

Bumping this in case of any interest.  

Great idea I have just agreed to sort out 3 tickets for a fan who can't get them (they are paying) so I can't but any more but happy to make a donation for a kids ticket so a young supporter can go along 

davemclaren
9 hours ago, lou said:

Great idea I have just agreed to sort out 3 tickets for a fan who can't get them (they are paying) so I can't but any more but happy to make a donation for a kids ticket so a young supporter can go along 

Nice gesture. 👍

josey wales

Happy to donate funds or can buy two tickets to be passed on.

Edited by josey wales

JAMBO.LOU
11 hours ago, lou said:

Hi Lou

What I have done with the tickets I have bought for is used their reference numbers at hearts and then I have just paid the bill - this way the tickets are posted out directly - and then the person gets the loyalty points and guaranteed a ticket for the final.

JAMBO.LOU
1 hour ago, josey wales said:

Happy to donate funds or can buy two tickets to be passed on.

thank you - i will work through the list of donators and those who need tickets and will be in touch shortly 

thank you

1 hour ago, JAMBO.LOU said:

Hi Lou

What I have done with the tickets I have bought for is used their reference numbers at hearts and then I have just paid the bill - this way the tickets are posted out directly - and then the person gets the loyalty points and guaranteed a ticket for the final.

Perfect, do you need to provide me with a ref number to buy? 

JAMBO.LOU
34 minutes ago, lou said:

Perfect, do you need to provide me with a ref number to buy? 

I dont have anyone looking for a single kids ticket just now, but if they come up I will message you

Hearts_fan

Don’t have time to read through the thread.

Just wondering what the best way to help would be.

Has it been suggested to pay the Club the money to buy tickets for Big Hearts for example? I wonder if they would accept payments like that.

davemclaren
1 hour ago, Hearts_fan said:

Has it been suggested to pay the Club the money to buy tickets for Big Hearts for example? I wonder if they would accept payments like that.

It's a massive thread - there were 10 posts before yours. 😄

But good on you for offering. 👏🏾👍

montrose76
16 hours ago, JAMBO.LOU said:

Hi Lou

I cant go because of work travel - but I am also delighted to buy 3-4 tickets.

JAMBO.LOU
2 hours ago, Hearts_fan said:

@Hearts_fan

i have been getting private messages on fb and here for people looking for tickets and also those willing to donate. 
to make sure the tickets are going to hearts fans - I then ask them to give me their hearts ticket reference number.   I pass that on to the donator and they buy the tickets and have them posted directly.  
I wasn’t sure how we stood with people transferring money etc - I wanted everything to be clear and transparent- but I am happy to collect monetary donations and then post a receipt for tickets purchased?   
Let me know what you think? 

14 minutes ago, montrose76 said:

I cant go because of work travel - but I am also delighted to buy 3-4 tickets.

@montrose76

thank you so much for your offer.   I will be in touch soon 

Hearts_fan
2 hours ago, davemclaren said:

It's a massive thread - there were 10 posts before yours. 😄

But good on you for offering. 👏🏾👍

:D I thought it was a much longer thread

davemclaren
4 minutes ago, Hearts_fan said:

:D I thought it was a much longer thread

😄

heatonjambo
On 09/04/2024 at 21:58, JAMBO.LOU said:

Hi

@Dagger Is Back  @eggyg1874 @heatonjambo 

I am happy to help out with this

I have a post on here - i have alot of people on facebook who reached out to me looking for tickets after I posted saying I was happy to buy some tickets for fans.   I got alot more requests than I had anticipated.

I am more than happy to put people in touch with those who needs tickets etc - then have the ticket office post them out directly or I can collect and meet/deliver etc

if you could post on the thread I set up then I can keep track

Jambo.Lou,

thanks for helping out.

i can’t purchase the tickets as I don’t have enough points.

if you can purchase them I’m happy to transfer the cash.

cheers

FerryJambo81

Not financially able to help just now 

but bought total of 5 tickets from mine and the two boys reference numbers.  Think another 7 can be bought as we all have well over the 20 points, 4 per account at that level.  Certainly happy to help with reference numbers for purchases.

JAMBO.LOU
1 hour ago, heatonjambo said:

Jambo.Lou,

thanks for helping out.

i can’t purchase the tickets as I don’t have enough points.

if you can purchase them I’m happy to transfer the cash.

cheers

Thanks so much 

I will send you a PM 

JAMBO.LOU
1 hour ago, FerryJambo81 said:

Not financially able to help just now 

but bought total of 5 tickets from mine and the two boys reference numbers.  Think another 7 can be bought as we all have well over the 20 points, 4 per account at that level.  Certainly happy to help with reference numbers for purchases.

Much appreciated- I will be in touch if we need them 

FerryJambo81
1 hour ago, JAMBO.LOU said:

Much appreciated- I will be in touch if we need them 

Message any time, dip in most days

Dalstonjambo

Hi - I can help with reference numbers if needed. Also happy to buy a couple of tickets if people need them and are unable to afford it.

Edited by Dalstonjambo

Threedoorsdown

The days already cost me an absolute fortune covering relatives etc that are short themselves.

However, we have had 2 drop outs from our coach I was going to just replace them on social media or whatever but I’m happy to donate the two spaces. Transportation can be prohibitively expensive for some people.

I also want to say to anyone reading this that is struggling. The best unsolicited advice I can give you is this - If you are totally skint, go through Facebook or your WhatsApp and find someone you can help. Perhaps visit an old lonely relative or take a niece or nephew to the museum or a walk down the beach.

I promise you that the simple act of helping and making a difference to someone else will lift your spirits and give you a boost. It quickly becomes a selfishly intoxicating drug. 

Lone Striker

Thats a great idea, well done.  I can't go to the game, but would be happy to fund 1 or 2 tickets - are they paper tickets or digital tickets when you buy them online ?   If its paper tickets, how do I get them to you or the eventual recipients ?

Thanks - send me a DM on here. 👍

JAMBO.LOU
2 hours ago, Dalstonjambo said:

Hi - I can help with reference numbers if needed. Also happy to buy a couple of tickets if people need them and are unable to afford it.

thank you.   I will be in touch shortly.   Just working out who still needs etc 

JAMBO.LOU
2 hours ago, Threedoorsdown said:

The days already cost me an absolute fortune covering relatives etc that are short themselves.

However, we have had 2 drop outs from our coach I was going to just replace them on social media or whatever but I’m happy to donate the two spaces. Transportation can be prohibitively expensive for some people.

I also want to say to anyone reading this that is struggling. The best unsolicited advice I can give you is this - If you are totally skint, go through Facebook or your WhatsApp and find someone you can help. Perhaps visit an old lonely relative or take a niece or nephew to the museum or a walk down the beach.

I promise you that the simple act of helping and making a difference to someone else will lift your spirits and give you a boost. It quickly becomes a selfishly intoxicating drug. 

this is a great offer.   Where is the bus leaving from? 

JAMBO.LOU
2 hours ago, Lone Striker said:

Thats a great idea, well done.  I can't go to the game, but would be happy to fund 1 or 2 tickets - are they paper tickets or digital tickets when you buy them online ?   If its paper tickets, how do I get them to you or the eventual recipients ?

Thanks - send me a DM on here. 👍

I have sent you a message.  Thanks again 

Threedoorsdown
6 minutes ago, JAMBO.LOU said:

this is a great offer.   Where is the bus leaving from? 

Tynie Arms with a pick up in Livingston 

Kalamazoo Jambo
7 minutes ago, JAMBO.LOU said:

thank you.   I will be in touch shortly.   Just working out who still needs etc 

I should be able to buy 4 tickets for anyone who can’t otherwise afford it, would just need someone else to collect from the ticket office.

JAMBO.LOU

Fabulous offer.  Thank you so much. 
I am at work at the moment but will spend time tonight going through requests and get back to you and others who have offered.  

stuartmitchell

Hi Lou, 

More than happy to give you my reference number. I have only purchased my own ticket so far so happy for anyone to have the others. 

Stu

ShedBoy

Lou you can have my ref no as I’m in Tenerife the now. Cheers, top job btw

ford donald

Well done you,lovely gesture.

BackOfTheNet

This is a good shout. Even fans relatively comfortable will find it hard to justify forking out £40 (or £80 for a pair) when they’ve just forked out £500+ for a ST. And that’s before travel and on the day costs taken into account.

A very nice gesture, I’d just urge caution for anyone planning to do this to ensure you’re selling to genuine fans. Plenty of Rangers fans looking for ways to get tickets.