Geoff Kilpatrick

Clark - 7 - Only real save was from Kent! Couldn't do anything about the goal

Kent - 7 - Battled throughout as ever

Kingsley - 5 - Hopefully he isn't too badly injured

Lembikisa - 4 - Another jersey selling moment

Rowles - 8 - Excellent display. A totally different player in a back 3

Tait - 5 - Struggled in the conditions. Hooked before a red card

Grant -9 - MoM. Our most dangerous player throughout and converted the penalty

Devlin - 6 - Got stuck in, set up a great chance with an excellent tackle and then fluffed it spectacularly. Summed up his game

Vargas - 5 - Struggled with the lack of service and wasted a great chance

Forrest - 5 - Can claim a bizarro assist for the winner! Otherwise, offered little

Cochrane - 7 - Excellent defensive shift on the left and marshalled McMenamin well

Subs:

Sibbick - 4 - OK defensively but his passing!

Denholm - 6 - Put in a really good shift

McKay - 4 - Couple of dangerous passes

Atkinson - 4 - Closed the game out well

Fraser - 1 - No time

Diadora Van Basten

Would probably upgrade Tait and Vargas to 6 downgrade Grant to 7 and McKay to 3.

Clark 7 - Quiet. One great save from the almost OG. Safe hands in difficult conditions.

Kingsley 6 - Didn't do much wrong. Hopefully taken off as precaution.

Rowles 7 - Stong first half. Some good interceptions.

Kent 7 - His usual steady self.

Lembikisa 5 - Not bad but not great either. Mistake led to their goal.

Cochrane 7 - MOTM. Excellent defensively. Wicked corner for the second goal.

Devlin 6 - Usual combatitive self. Lack of composure remains a problem. Good game though.

Tait 6 - Did well but yellow card hampered his game. Some good ball winning but passing slacker today.

Grant 7 - a strong performance. 

Vargas 7 - effort was fantastic. Led the line well. Great chest and strike which led to the pen.

Forrest 5 - Quiet and not his day.

Subs

Sibbick 5 - some good, some bad.

Denholm 7 - thought he was excellent

Atkinson 4 - kept it steady

Mckay 4 - couple of nice moments

Fraser 2 - no time 

tiger Rudi
10 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Devlin - 6 - Got stuck in, set up a great chance with an excellent tackle and then fluffed it spectacularly. Summed up his game

Forrest - 5 - Can claim a bizarro assist for the winner! Otherwise, offered little

Cochrane - 7 - Excellent defensive shift on the left and marshalled McMenamin well

Subs:

Fraser - 1 - No time

Can't argue with most of that but Sibbick I thought done very well when he came on. Deserves way more than a 4.

Agreed, Denholm added a bit of bite when he came on. 

Pasquale for King

Clark couldve done a hell of a lot more at the goal, hus poor lofted kicks caused problems too, nobody deserves more than a 7 really and only Grant gets that for the penalty.

merrymac
1 hour ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Subs:

Fraser - 1 - No time

Think that’s hard on Vargas

his strike led to the penalty, and he chased lost causes all day and gave their back four no time.

ran himself into the ground for the cause 

6/7 for me 

The Mercer Takeover

Clark - 7 - Hardly touched the ball

Kent - 8 - Solid

Kingsley - 4 - Was playing well before coming off

Lembikisa - 4 - Terrible defending throughout. 

Rowles - 8 - MOM and never put a foot wrong

Tait - 3 - I don't give points for being a youngster. Slow, small and just not ready. Was a defensive liability throughout. 

Grant -7 - Good game 

Devlin - 7 - Solid performance

Vargas - 6 - Did his best with little service. Missed an absolute sitter

Forrest - 5 - Another day not at the races

Cochrane - 7 - Excellent defending and about time 

Subs:

Sibbick - 4 - Slack distribution 

Denholm - 2 - Ran about like a headless chicken. Will end up somewhere like Dunfermline or Raith. Not good enough

McKay -  3 - Not too involved

Atkinson - 4 - Added to the defense

Fraser - 1 - Very little time, but still managed to look crap

Excellent victory at tricky ground

The White Cockade
16 minutes ago, The Mercer Takeover said:

:cornette:

25 minutes ago, The White Cockade said:

:cornette:

That's before getting to Denholm :vrface:

Australis

Thought Cammy gave us a much needed boost of energy in the midfield.

Grant was terrific.

Rowles had a great game too.

Mr Rabbit

I’m probably being harsh but I thought Clark should have came off his line. Reminded me of Humphries’ goal against hibs last year.

Agree with Grant being MOTM. Devlin was a lot better than he has been recently just a shame he doesn’t know what to do in front of goal. 

Gordons left glove

Thought limp biskit did okay but that was awful for their goal. 

zeke1874

Didn't manage to see all the match, was Vargas miss really a sitter? Also thought Clark maybe could've come towards the striker for their goal, although Denholm really made up ground and I thought he might put off the striker with a heavy nudge to unbalance him.

Wasn't  really a failure bar Dexter.

Think we've learned he is nowhere near good enough defensively in the last few weeks.

Overall pass marks for everyone bar him, in what was a tricky match.

Jamb04life
1 hour ago, Australis said:

Thought Cammy gave us a much needed boost of energy in the midfield.

Grant was terrific.

Rowles had a great game too.

Agree with this point about Devlin. Won a lot of tackles which was exactly what was required today. I can see an improvement in him when on the ball as he had a couple of nice touches in difficult conditions but still lacks composure in final third 

Rowles read the game very well and won possession a number of times 

I also thought Vargas deserves a bit of credit. He battled well and had more positive moments than Forrest 

As a few have pointed out, Grant deserves MOTM. Always found space and his technical ability shone through today 

Great 3 points 

3 hours ago, The Mercer Takeover said:

Clark - 7 - Hardly touched the ball

Kent - 8 - Solid

Rowles - 8 - MOM and never put a foot wrong

Tait - 3 - I don't give points for being a youngster. Slow, small and just not ready. Was a defensive liability throughout. 

Grant -7 - Good game 

Devlin - 7 - Solid performance

Vargas - 6 - Did his best with little service. Missed an absolute sitter

Forrest - 5 - Another day not at the races

Cochrane - 7 - Excellent defending and about time 

Subs:

Sibbick - 4 - Slack distribution 

Denholm - 2 - Ran about like a headless chicken. Will end up somewhere like Dunfermline or Raith. Not good enough

McKay -  3 - Not too involved

Atkinson - 4 - Added to the defense

Fraser - 1 - Very little time, but still managed to look crap

Excellent victory at tricky ground

A 3 and a 2 for Tait/Denholm and a 7for Devlin😂😂😂 fk me but Rashford closes down more than Devlin did today and that’s before we talk about his attacking play. Very very limited does not cover Devlin.

JamboAl
3 hours ago, Gordons left glove said:

Thought limp biskit did okay but that was awful for their goal. 

A question here for FF and others who watch our youths.

We are playing and giving experience to a Wolves Youth RB.  Is there no youngster in our own ranks eg Forrester, Rathie etc who might do as well as Lembikissa?

Pasquale for King

Forrest was awful again, needs dropped but seems to be the managers wee pet just now. 

Pasquale for King
3 hours ago, zeke1874 said:

Didn't manage to see all the match, was Vargas miss really a sitter? Also thought Clark maybe could've come towards the striker for their goal, although Denholm really made up ground and I thought he might put off the striker with a heavy nudge to unbalance him.

No not a sitter at all, Shankland probably puts that away. 
GK did nothing to put the striker off at all. 

colinmaroon
12 hours ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Subs:

Fraser - 1 - No time

Clark 6 - far too static at goal.  If he'd been on his toes, he could have smothered that ball, 2-0.

Rowles 9 MotM - Whole 90mins.

Grant 8  -  faded second half but very good game.

theshed
7 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

Forrest was awful again, needs dropped but seems to be the managers wee pet just now. 

How did he not score with what ended up in the 2nd goal? Couldn’t head it back the way like that if he tried another 100 times 

Gordons left glove
9 hours ago, JamboAl said:

We are playing and giving experience to a Wolves Youth RB.  Is there no youngster in our own ranks eg Forrester, Rathie etc who might do as well as Lembikissa?

You would think so

Nessjambo67
9 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

I honestly do think he has improved but recently he’s just a bit anonymous doesn’t really seem to get to the next level I get a bit frustrated with him 

9 hours ago, JamboAl said:

I think given Naisy has shown no qualms about throwing Tait and Denholm in that they don't believe we have a young RB ready at this stage. 

lost in space
9 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

He has now had 2 or 3 games in a row where he has not been great.  However, he has had a very good season and you always know that he will give 100%.  That is important against teams like St Midden away.  Oda or Mackay would probably have produced a better performance but dont think either could be trusted to get involved for tracking back/defending.

Pasquale for King
38 minutes ago, Nessjambo67 said:

I honestly do think he has improved but recently he’s just a bit anonymous doesn’t really seem to get to the next level I get a bit frustrated with him 

He is not first choice moving forward, he doesn’t really create much or score. 

1 minute ago, Pasquale for King said:

He is not first choice moving forward, he doesn’t really create much or score. 

His purple patch a few weeks ago has bought him a lot of grace but we can absolutely upgrade on him..

Pasquale for King
30 minutes ago, lost in space said:

He has now had 2 or 3 games in a row where he has not been great.  However, he has had a very good season and you always know that he will give 100%.  That is important against teams like St Midden away.  Oda or Mackay would probably have produced a better performance but dont think either could be trusted to get involved for tracking back/defending.

All good points and no doubt part of why he’s playing so much and we are winning a lot away from home.
At home though we need better quality to open up teams and he can come on and run about later on in the match. 

Pasquale for King
Just now, Homme said:

His purple patch a few weeks ago has bought him a lot of grace but we can absolutely upgrade on him..

I think we have better and more creative players already in the squad when they’re fit. 

Pasquale for King
2 hours ago, theshed said:

How did he not score with what ended up in the 2nd goal? Couldn’t head it back the way like that if he tried another 100 times 

He was facing the wrong way ffs 😆. We carried a bit of luck yesterday..

feedthefox
33 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

He was facing the wrong way ffs 😆. We carried a bit of luck yesterday..

Let's be generous and say it was a lay off a cushioned header if you like. Does he get the assist for that?

Pasquale for King
4 minutes ago, feedthefox said:

Let's be generous and say it was a lay off a cushioned header if you like. Does he get the assist for that?

I’m not sure, I think it touched two players so probably not. He looked confused afterwards 😆.,

11 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

Its the workrate man. 

I really get pissed off watching him because yes, absolutely he works ridiculously hard for his teammates but so little he does is actually quality. His final ball 9 times out of 10 is lacking, he has a tendancy to not see options when in possession and that then squanders good chances. 

If Naismith couldn't trust him not to give 100% I think it would be much harder to justify his place in the team, but neither Oda or Tagawa offer that pain in the arse level of workrate which can create mistakes etc. from the opposition. I'm fairly certain he was at the centre of the Mandron OG/ our 2nd goal yesterday. 

I'll be quite annoyed if he's still a starter next season as it will mean we've failed to improve on a winger with very bad decision making skills. 

theshed
6 minutes ago, feedthefox said:

Just seen a clip of it from behind the goals and he actually clears it off the line as it was going in if he just ducked down 

Not having a go at him as obviously he didn’t know much about it due to the wind 

tcjambo
2 minutes ago, OTT said:

Its the workrate man. 

I really get pissed off watching him because yes, absolutely he works ridiculously hard for his teammates but so little he does is actually quality. His final ball 9 times out of 10 is lacking, he has a tendancy to not see options when in possession and that then squanders good chances. 

If Naismith couldn't trust him not to give 100% I think it would be much harder to justify his place in the team, but neither Oda or Tagawa offer that pain in the arse level of workrate which can create mistakes etc. from the opposition. I'm fairly certain he was at the centre of the Mandron OG/ our 2nd goal yesterday. 

I'll be quite annoyed if he's still a starter next season as it will mean we've failed to improve on a winger with very bad decision making skills. 

I think Oda is a better player, so the problem with him starting all the time is that Oda's development is impeded. Nevertheless, he is an asset with a good attitude and the occasional flash of somthing special.

1 minute ago, tcjambo said:

I think Oda is a better player, so the problem with him starting all the time is that Oda's development is impeded. Nevertheless, he is an asset with a good attitude and the occasional flash of somthing special.

Absolutely, Oda is a much more better technically and in general decision making but I think Forrest is almost the Mikey Smith of wingers, i.e we know roughly what we're going to get every game consistently - a ridiculous workrate. Oda on the flip side can come on as a sub, do really well, earn a start and then let us down. 

If we can get Armstrong or McCowan in (or left field, Hungbo that was at County for a season) in, then I'll be happy as I think all those players are a step up from Forrest in terms of ability.