So it begins

Ex member of the SaS

frankblack

It will probably soon get changed into a Sellick shop like St Mhirren have in their stadium.

Mikey1874

American expertise.

Money spinner (except the many failures here).

14 minutes ago, frankblack said:

It will probably soon get changed into a Sellick shop like St Mhirren have in their stadium.

St Mirren don't have a Celtic shop in their stadium.

FionaHmfc

Used Fanatics many times myself online when buying NFL and NBA merchandise and every single time I’ve had a bad experience. Either getting the wrong size, wrong item and on occasion completely the wrong team sent out! Also seen one of my NFL supporting friends order a Cincinnati Bengals jersey and it came with a Pittsburgh Steelers badge 😂 ended up giving up on them a few years ago! Terrible company 

Mikey1874
18 minutes ago, FionaHmfc said:

Used Fanatics many times myself online when buying NFL and NBA merchandise and every single time I’ve had a bad experience. Either getting the wrong size, wrong item and on occasion completely the wrong team sent out! Also seen one of my NFL supporting friends order a Cincinnati Bengals jersey and it came with a Pittsburgh Steelers badge 😂 ended up giving up on them a few years ago! Terrible company 

That's encouraging.

FionaHmfc
4 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

That's encouraging.

Imagine the seethe if they printed a hearts badge on a hibs top 😂

boag1874

Fanatics are a big brand but it’s just yet another thing Hibs have outsourced for a quick boost that will likely affect their earning potential long term. Unless business in their club shop soars up because people can buy American sports merch there then I don’t see how this gives them any great benefit.

I’d much rather keep as much as we can in house. It’s harder work to build it up and maintain but we have more control over it plus keep a bigger % of the profits for ourselves.

Ask Rangers fans how well things went when their club shop was licensed out to sports direct?

Fozzyonthefence
1 hour ago, Sir PH said:

I think he meant had, not have. 

Finlay James

The wee team will try to spin this as a positive step for the club (like they did with their bit coin attempt 😅) but it is what it is and they are nothing more than a franchise.

They are in a serious mess.

Jim_Duncan

Maybe they'll do a '2 for 1' offer with last weekend's viral video used in the marketing.

2 hours ago, FionaHmfc said:

That's exactly where my mind went also 😆

Lone Striker
2 hours ago, FionaHmfc said:

:robboyas: Indeed.     

It would be comedy gold if the Americanisation extended to renaming the team in the style of American football team names.      Hibernian Hoofers ?     Leith Losers ?     

frankblack
1 hour ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

I think he meant had, not have. 

I've no been there recently.  I can't think of anything more pathetic than having a club shop for another team in your stadium.

Daveandal

Out sourcing the running of something has pros and cons.

Pro if you're are starting up something that you have no experience in you can ensure it's done professionally.

Con you will make alot less money.

In true Hibs fashion they are out sourcing the running of a shop.... something even the most Alhambra bar beer soaked local could turn a profit from.

Stupid Sexy Flanders

Fanatics has the most annoying TV ad ever, the guy shouts the words "OFFICIALLY LICENCED" like five times in a 30 second ad. 

Australis

Merchandise getting put out for a 3rd party to handle.

Of course, they won't want a cut of any money generated.

Cold winters wednesday night, peeing down with rain getting pumped, leave the match early with the bairns, go into the hibs shop and they want you to buy them a Scunthorpe strip and a Wycombe wanderers pair of trackie bottoms.

Plus they like the Fleetwood town plate and the Wigan athletic ash trays.

Ex member of the SaS

Not seen it mentioned else where on here but Motherwell are in well advanced talks with a yank family taking a chunk similar to Hibs with the Black Knights. Not sure if they are just investing or are taking a seat on the board.

Placid Casual
4 hours ago, FionaHmfc said:

Yes, they are a sh!t company to deal with. Wouldn’t use them again.

GinRummy
1 hour ago, Daveandal said:

Pro if you're are starting up something that you have no experience in you can ensure it's done professionally.

In true Hibs fashion they are out sourcing the running of a shop.... something even the most Alhambra bar beer soaked local could turn a profit from.

You won’t necessarily make a lot less money. It depends if the folk taking over can sell more stuff than you could on your own. 

Edited by GinRummy

buzzbomb1958

The vermin are being pushed out of their own club bit by bit whats the betting Monty is shown the door and a Bournemouth under 21 coach is in place for next season making sure their laddies get a start every week , not implausible methinks

2 hours ago, Lone Striker said:

It would be comedy gold if the Americanisation extended to renaming the team in the style of American football team names.      Hibernian Hoofers ?     Leith Losers ?     

Hibernian 51nrs 😜

Daveandal
23 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

You won’t necessarily make a lot less money. It depends if the folk taking over can sell more stuff than you could on your own. 

That depends on the contract.

rudi must stay

Up to them what they do. FWIW I think they are a shrewd club, thankfully so are we now 

Australis

They will be selling women's knickers.

Two yanks and they're down. 

Wee Mikey
5 hours ago, FionaHmfc said:

They'll likely sell Hearts tops. 🙃

alicante jambo
28 minutes ago, RENE said:

Hibernian 51nrs 😜

Lol brilliant

GinRummy
30 minutes ago, Daveandal said:

That depends on the contract.

Exactly, a lot of variables. I like that we do things ourselves though. 

Taking our club shop back in house was one of our best decisions post admin right? 

Choosing to outsource is just seems like a bad move. 

AlimOzturk

Outsourcing never done us any good nor rangers. Having control over what your club sell is pretty important imo. 

Maple Leaf
46 minutes ago, OTT said:

Taking our club shop back in house was one of our best decisions post admin right? 

Choosing to outsource just seems like a bad move. 

Correct on both counts.

Gershwin
7 hours ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

Some American franchise taking over Hibs club shop. Fanatics appear to have the rights to sell Nhl Mlb and other brands.

https://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?365448-Fanatics-taking-over-the-club-shop-in-summer

Get out the pop corn!

Fanatics are ****ing awful. Proper ****ing awful. They just won the contract to make the NHL game jerseys and I've yet to see a single fan who thinks it's a good decision.

If carlsberg did rivals...
4 hours ago, frankblack said:

I've no been there recently.  I can't think of anything more pathetic than having a club shop for another team in your stadium.

If memory serves, I think it was when Glasgow hosted the commonwealth games and Parkhead was already hosting something to do with that, so Celtic ended up playing a European qualifier at New Love Street or whatever the hell it's called, hence the Celtic shop for the game.

Watt-Zeefuik
3 hours ago, Daveandal said:

Didn't we outsource it under Vlad?

(only speaks to the same point, mind.)

Konrad von Carstein

Used fanatics many times for Blackhawks and Dolphins merch, absolutely zero problems from purchase to delivery.

trotter
5 hours ago, Lone Striker said:

St Clair Street Spoonburners?

Wee Mikey
9 hours ago, Sir PH said:

... but ...

... Once-Upon-A-Time ...

Screenshot_20240404_225244_Gallery.jpg

Beave1874
On 04/04/2024 at 20:27, Wee Mikey said:

This is a classic ... 👇

This is a gift from heaven.. shall share this on Sunday pre game.

For balance i have similar pish towards the Smellies, doesn't take much

Most successful club in the world  .. We Are The Paypal 😂

Cheers