Flares

buzzbomb1958

buzzbomb1958

I see a young Dundee fan was scarred for life at the St Jonstone game on Saturday by some halfwit throwing a flare at the start of the game, I for one think this has to stop before someone is killed at a game , Is this what needs to happen before something is done to stop these getting into stadiums , oh I know we will have those who say it’s atmospheric and adds to the spectacle, well one family have just found out what’s what this lunacy costs

busbyfth
Just now, buzzbomb1958 said:

I see a young Dundee fan was scarred for life at the St Jonstone game on Saturday by some halfwit throwing a flare at the start of the game, I for one think this has to stop before someone is killed at a game , Is this what needs to happen before something is done to stop these getting into stadiums , oh I know we will have those who say it’s atmospheric and adds to the spectacle, well one family have just found out what’s what this lunacy costs

did you see the amount of flares used and varied benching smoke/s when the second half resumed of the livvy v celtic match a few days go ? --worst ever. Ban them .....mind you we are spouting hatred against flares ignitors so better beware. 

8 minutes ago, buzzbomb1958 said:

A teenager has been charged, so let's see how serious the punishment is. Seems there is no deterrent at the moment to arseholes who chuck things at the football with intent to cause serious injury.

Ricardo Quaresma

They're banned in greece now, that says it all

But look at the 'the rangers' mob in tayside recently, emulating it completely as it was the same as paok used to be; the whole end was wall-to-wall flares

Nothing said and nothing done

-

Edited by Ricardo Quaresma

buzzbomb1958
12 minutes ago, kila said:

A teenager has been charged, so let's see how serious the punishment is. Seems there is no deterrent at the moment to arseholes who chuck things at the football with intent to cause serious injury.

Yes , I can see what they have at some German stadiums a retractable mesh curtain which stop coins etc from hitting the pitch without obscuring the view seem the way to go 

1 minute ago, buzzbomb1958 said:

Yes , I can see what they have at some German stadiums a retractable mesh curtain which stop coins etc from hitting the pitch without obscuring the view seem the way to go 

After the antics at the derby from the Hibs end, that absolutely 100% should be something seriously considered. Off the top of my head, Bobby got assaulted, Zander has had coins chucked at him and obviously Shankland had multiple coins, a corkscrew/knife and a ****ing pie chucked at him. 

9 minutes ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

But look at the 'the rangers' mob in tayside recently, emulating it completely as it was the same as paok used to be; the whole end was wall-to-wall flares

-

They are banned here too, makes no difference. six arrests for their use at SJFC v DFC, none at old firm games. 🧐

Ricardo Quaresma
1 minute ago, ericb said:

They are banned here too, makes no difference. six arrests for their use at SJFC v DFC, none at old firm games. 🧐

Think you're on to something there, Eric :yes:

The fumes from these flares are potentially toxic to anyone within a short distance particularly persons with breathing disorders such as asthma and also eye problems. Ban them and anyone setting them off and jail them or fine them heavily.

been here before

Atmosphere etc.

Bet your all happy rustling sweetie wrappers and sitting in a library....

Go for it 1308
3 minutes ago, been here before said:

Atmosphere etc.

giphy.gif.085cceca1afedd0afed41cdea0318bc3.gif

GBJambo

**** the atmosphere and ban them. 

We were more than capable creating an atmosphere in the past without the need to potentially injure and disfigure someone.

The Treasurer
8 minutes ago, been here before said:

Atmosphere etc.

I'm guessing the young lad scarred for life wishes the arseholes had been rustling sweetie wrappers, even if it didn't "create an atmosphere" 

BRAVEHEART1874

Could have burned his eye out if a wee bit lower it seems.But I am sure  I read on here a few times its harmless fun though

fabienleclerq

I was next to one at Dundee utd away, was ****ing roasting. Deffo not safe in a crowd, smoke bombs meh....

Wearsider
36 minutes ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

-

They've always been banned in Greece? They're banned all over Europe apart from in some very special cases where its controlled in some of the Scandinavian countries.

Ricardo Quaresma
Just now, Wearsider said:

They've always been banned in Greece? They're banned all over Europe apart from in some very special cases where its controlled in some of the Scandinavian countries.

Don't know about always, but they've certainly been stopped, as opposed to this 👇

Wearsider
29 minutes ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

Whats he on to?

Wearsider
2 minutes ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

Don't know about always, but they've certainly been stopped, as opposed to this 👇

When done en-masse like that nothing can be done 

Ricardo Quaresma
Just now, Wearsider said:

Whats he on to?

What do you think?

What's with the rhetoric?

Ricardo Quaresma
1 minute ago, Wearsider said:

They get searched individually there now, for UEFA games, at least

Jim_Duncan

Morton fans set theirs off at FT after having no goals to celebrate :rofl: 

davemclaren
10 minutes ago, Wearsider said:

Fire hoses in winter work a treat 😄

Jambof3tornado

As pointed out by this kids mother,its u16s taking the flares into grounds knowing they won't be searched??

They have no place in a crowded environment.

Folk who throw them to avoid being caught holding them are fookin cowards.

1 hour ago, buzzbomb1958 said:

Totally agree. I get cross when someone smokes beside me, nevermind firing up a flare.

By The Light..

Can buy them on Amazon and yeah children cannot be searched apparently the law is ineffective but at least we can report hate crimes now, 3000+ yesterday that'' help eh!

tedarmy
18 minutes ago, Deso1972 said:

Got excited, thought my wardrobe was making a comeback..

IMG_1888.jpeg

saw this coloured version of that pic

man u.jpg

upgotheheads
1 hour ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

-

1 hour ago, ericb said:

1 hour ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

Yup.

1 hour ago, been here before said:

Atmosphere etc.

The lad injured recently whose eyesight was endangered probably wished the aerosol who chucked the flare had stayed in the library sucking a sweetie.

50 minutes ago, Wearsider said:

Yes, it can. Identify the perpetrators and their team, deduct points after every occurrence and make the offenders play behind closed doors at their own stadium. 

It wouldn't be that difficult.

jr ewing
1 hour ago, OTT said:

After the antics at the derby from the Hibs end, that absolutely 100% should be something seriously considered. Off the top of my head, Bobby got assaulted, Zander has had coins chucked at him and obviously Shankland had multiple coins, a corkscrew/knife and a ****ing pie chucked at him. 

Wouldn't want to be a steward.

jr ewing
6 minutes ago, upgotheheads said:

Yup.

The lad injured recently whose eyesight was endangered probably wished the aerosol who chucked the flare had stayed in the library sucking a sweetie.

Yes, it can. Identify the perpetrators and their team, deduct points after every occurrence and make the offenders play behind closed doors at their own stadium. 

It wouldn't be that difficult.

Then you get away supporters trying to get points deducted by sneaking into our end and doing the same. 

boag1874

It takes a complete moron to throw a flare. Like an utter ****ing imbecile.

Pans Jambo

Saturday, off to the game....lets see....Yes, keys, money, mobile, ticket, jacket and ehhh...some bloody 400degree pyrotechnics in case I need to summon a feckin lifeboat!!!

:facepalm: 

RustyRightPeg
1 hour ago, fabienleclerq said:

I was next to one at Dundee utd away, was ****ing roasting. Deffo not safe in a crowd, smoke bombs meh....

I got burnt at the final against Rangers. Boy behind me had one lit and the fragments went down the back of my top. Was f****ng agony. Got wee scars to show for it.

Ricardo Quaresma
28 minutes ago, jr ewing said:

Then you get away supporters trying to get points deducted by sneaking into our end and doing the same. 

They'd be on another team's database so they'd be traced to that after being caught though

jamboozy

There was a bit of a pagger in the south stand (lower) at the LC semi final, some guy set one off and burnt a guy and his son’s jackets. It takes a special kind of imbecile to take these things into crowded venues and set them off.😖

Edited by jamboozy

Geordie Jambo
5 minutes ago, jamboozy said:

There was a bit of a pagger in the south stand (lower) at the LC semi final, some guy set one off and burnt a guy and his son’s jackets. It takes a special kind of imbecile to take these things into crowded venues and set them off.😖

I was very close to that.  Took me about 20 minutes into the game to get my breath, had to leave my seat when I started.   

get these banned 

It does make me wonder a bit though . How come a child being scarred for life is fair game for lampooning and ridicule ? The thread on Hibs fans throwing open blades was full of posts taking the piss like it was not a serious issue . Same goes for pyro threads in the past ? Very quickly some people start giving it the “ what sort of escalation ? Nuclear war “ sort of stuff ………. The fact is , people do get hurt and it does escalate if not properly dealt with ……….. as this young fan will no doubt agree

buzzbomb1958
2 hours ago, been here before said:

Atmosphere etc.

What if it had happened to any of your family, would your argument be the same ?

buzzbomb1958
2 hours ago, Wearsider said:

Yes it can you can shut that end of the stadium for as many weeks as it takes for the message to sink in

buzzbomb1958
1 hour ago, jr ewing said:

Don’t think he would be able to hold a flare up again somehow if the home fans had anything to do with it 

Jim_Duncan
3 hours ago, kila said:

Simple solution. Flare goes off. Whosever fans are in that area are removed from the competition (league, cup) on the spot.

Wearsider
2 hours ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

What do you think?

What's with the rhetoric?

It's very easy to work out why OF fans don't get arrested for this but 6 lads setting off random pyro do 

been here before
15 minutes ago, buzzbomb1958 said:

What if it had happened to any of your family, would your argument be the same ?

Mines isnt an argument.

My post is the shite that those who advocate taking flares to games come out with.

Sorry if it went over your head.

luckydug
3 hours ago, busbyfth said:

did you see the amount of flares used and varied benching smoke/s when the second half resumed of the livvy v celtic match a few days go ? --worst ever. Ban them .....mind you we are spouting hatred against flares ignitors so better beware. 

This could easily be stopped if referees were instructed to abandon games on safety grounds. 

JamboAl
1 hour ago, Pans Jambo said:

Saturday, off to the game....lets see....Yes, keys, money, mobile, ticket, jacket and ehhh...some bloody 400degree pyrotechnics in case I need to summon a feckin lifeboat!!!

:facepalm: 

You forgot your drum!

jr ewing
1 hour ago, buzzbomb1958 said:

Don’t think he would be able to hold a flare up again somehow if the home fans had anything to do with it 

They don’t have the same intellect. 

gorgierulesapply88

Loads used consistently all over the world in a safe manner.

been here before
3 minutes ago, gorgierulesapply88 said:

Loads used consistently all over the world in a safe manner.

Aye in lifeboats, folk in distress etc.

Not that much call for them at the fitba though. Now of course you know that but you're always desperate to be that little bit edgy so you'll disagree at length.