18 years!! Happy SPH day

rubyruby

martoon

Shocking that it's 18 years since that once in a lifetime, never to be repeated, winner takes all, Hearts vs. Hibs derby at Hampden Park. 😊

Pasquale for King
18 minutes ago, busbyfth said:

agreed but SNP has claimed it as theirs

Can’t see anything on the SNP twitter feed about it, the Scottish Government does though. Two different entities. 

17 minutes ago, PaddysBar said:

I had a mate’s wedding on the Friday, my gran’s birthday party on the Saturday, Sunday started with pints in the ship inn Musselburgh around 8am before going to hampden, pubs in Gorgie at night and to top it off I had my cousin over from NZ on the Monday. 

I was burst on the Tuesday😂

Incidentally, the Sunday was the first day of the smoking ban in Scotland. 

26th of March was it not?

J.T.F.Robertson

I decided to forego a possible final and came back for the semi, instead. My brother and I, along with a mate up from Leicester for the game, booked a hotel for the Saturday night. 

A wonderful weekend.

Eighteen years?? Time doesn't slow as your age increases. :(

Edited by J.T.F.Robertson

PaddysBar
14 minutes ago, Sir PH said:

26th of March was it not?

I just remember the manager of the ship saying ‘I shouldn’t be serving beer at this time so you may as well smoke as well’ as he handed the ashtrays out, so it was in my head that that was the first day but could be wrong (and wasn’t worth a google😀). 

Another recollection was the pub ran both hibs and hearts buses that day. The atmosphere was jovial but changed markedly when it was announced that we should head to our respective buses.

Hearts1975

Was so confident for that game and rocking up to Hampden. As others have said, you could just feel it that day. Even although things were happening at the club we all knew the level of players and quality that we had 

Wasn't even a tad nervous. Atmosphere was electric and just remember an expectation with everyone, that we were going to give them a sore one that day 

Can't believe that's 18 years. Can remember that one like yesterday. PH owned the pitch that day, for sure. 

2 minutes ago, PaddysBar said:

I just remember the manager of the ship saying ‘I shouldn’t be serving beer at this time so you may as well smoke as well’ as he handed the ashtrays out, so it was in my head that that was the first day but could be wrong (and wasn’t worth a google😀). 

Another recollection was the pub ran both hibs and hearts buses that day. The atmosphere was jovial but changed markedly when it was announced that we should head to our respective buses.

The only reason I questioned it was I was at the game, but was in a Girvan pub the previous Sunday when my father-in-law went to light a cigarette and the barman told him "from now on, those days are over in here". He'd forgotten all about it being the first day of the smoking ban in pubs.

ELITHEDUG

That was the first game I took my missus to. She had high expectations after that 🙂 lol

AC Mallin_51
4 hours ago, Thought Police said:

That was a semi-decent Hibs team too - looking back - with some of the players they had. And yet we put 4 past them three times that season.

That was a pretty decent hibs side, with some good players. They beat us both games at ER that season aswell. 2x 4-0 and a 4-1 were really good results and a reminder how good a side we were in 05/06

They had a couple of their better players missing through injury and/or suspension, iirc. 

Pasquale for King
8 minutes ago, AC Mallin_51 said:

That was a pretty decent hibs side, with some good players. They beat us both games at ER that season aswell. 2x 4-0 and a 4-1 were really good results and a reminder how good a side we were in 05/06

Yeah looking at it they were, with O’Connor sold and Deeks injured 😆

8C5C53CC-1624-467A-AAAD-E164CB0E82A8.png

Edited by Pasquale for King

PaddysBar
1 hour ago, Sir PH said:

The only reason I questioned it was I was at the game, but was in a Girvan pub the previous Sunday when my father-in-law went to light a cigarette and the barman told him "from now on, those days are over in here". He'd forgotten all about it being the first day of the smoking ban in pubs.

👍 It was certainly an important moment culturally and despite being a smoker at the time, the right thing to do. 

Smoking outside meant I smoked less and it was easy to get used to. 

I went down to England when you could still smoke inside pubs and still used to go outside. 

It definitely helped me on the road to stopping and I haven’t touched one since 2012.

Also on topic, a fantastic day out at that game 👍 

luckyBatistuta
1 hour ago, Sir PH said:

They had a couple of their better players missing through injury and/or suspension, iirc. 

My mate who’s a hibby said afterwards that he knew they were beat as he went to take his seat and saw Scott Brown was sitting in the seats near him.

PaddysBar
1 hour ago, Sir PH said:

We lost all our centre halves to injury during the game from memory. Elvis was snookered. 

Edited by PaddysBar

3 minutes ago, luckyBatistuta said:

My mate who’s a hibby said afterwards that he knew they were beat as he went to take his seat and saw Scott Brown was sitting in the seats near him.

Yip. Spoke to a few Hibs fans in the Horseshoe bar after the game. They said when they knew who was missing from their starting eleven that it was going to be a long day for them. 

Just now, PaddysBar said:

We lost all our centre half’s to injury during the game from memory. Elvis was snookered. 

Tall got a right sore one, he was flat out for a few minutes. 

13 minutes ago, Sir PH said:

Tall got a right sore one, he was flat out for a few minutes. 

Or was it Goncalves? Memory is a bit hazy.

PaddysBar
7 minutes ago, Sir PH said:

Jose I think but can’t see details of the subs online. 

Irufushi

Genuinely scares me that this was 18 years ago. One of the few days that I remember vividly. 

Armageddon

What a day, sensational and another reason why he’s my favourite ever Hearts player, and I met him a few years back and was able to tell him!!  The great times he gave me, my dad and our friends will be unbeatable.

Benny Klack
3 hours ago, PaddysBar said:

Jose I think but can’t see details of the subs online. 

It was definitely Jose - up at the far end of the park, neck injury I think 🤔 

Another stupendous occasion to remember another famous win in one of the biggest ever derbies another game that broke them - Marvellous!!!

Edited by suds66

busbyfth
17 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

Can’t see anything on the SNP twitter feed about it, the Scottish Government does though. Two different entities. 

and per their usual wont, will dis-own it as soon as public opinion rips them to shreds - which has happened.  

Maple Leaf
16 hours ago, Sir PH said:

Yes it was.