18 years!! Happy SPH day

rubyruby

rubyruby

Cant believe how long its been since this game,our 1st of many Wins against the wee team at Hampden,I was genuinely bricking it thinking they would beat us but once the 3rd goal went in i started to relax.Big Janny,s goal, seven nations army being  sung by us constantly,miko getting Ivan sprouted sent off & waving the corner flag at Hartleys hatrick.

I feel so old now.

Edited by rubyruby

PortyBeach
3 minutes ago, rubyruby said:

Cant believe hiw long its been since this game,our 1st of many Wins against the wee team at Hampden,I was genuinely bricking it thinking they would beat us but once the 3rd goal went in i started to relax.Big Janny,s goal, seven nations army being  sung by us constantly,miko getting Ivan sprouted sent off & waving the corner flag at Hartleys hatrick.

I feel so old now.

Yes, where have all those years gone?

Still, the wonderful memories of that day rejuvenate us 😀

Great day, and the wee man was unplayable. I had him first goalscorer and Hearts to win 3-0 at 40/1. But I can't say I was too bothered when he slotted that penalty away to make it 4-0 and mess my coupon up. What a player.

jamboozy

Great memories, making me feel even aulder than an already auld guy.😔. 😆

Debut 4
19 minutes ago, rubyruby said:

Cant believe how long its been since this game,our 1st of many Wins against the wee team at Hampden,I was genuinely bricking it thinking they would beat us but once the 3rd goal went in i started to relax.Big Janny,s goal, seven nations army being  sung by us constantly,miko getting Ivan sprouted sent off & waving the corner flag at Hartleys hatrick.

I feel so old now.

Some day.  

After that it seemed to spark a glut of cup games where we got drawn v Hibs.

To think we’d only played Hibs in two cup games before that, and up until then,  in nearly 20 years.  

luckyBatistuta

I was raging that it was an early kick off on a Sunday, thought it would take something off the spectacle. How wrong was I, the atmosphere amongst our fans around Glasgow and before kick off was electric. You could see it in every one just how confident we were. Then you saw the hibs end🤣🤣🤣 I just couldn’t see us losing, we were way too strong all over the park for them. A special special day, glad I got to spend it with my mum and dad. Cheers for posting that @rubyruby could sit and watch that all day.

Edited by luckyBatistuta

We should have a Hearts calendar . A few of these anniversaries should not be missed . Something that could be downloaded on to your phone like the football fixtures one would be great , but we could probably put one together on a thread on here to begin with 

Edited by Sooks

If carlsberg did rivals...

Fair play to the hibs fans, it's not just green seats they can dress up as!

SectionDJambo

They refused to play the tie at Murrayfield because it would give us an unfair advantage.

Then, most of their fans and team didn't show up at Hampden either.

4 minutes ago, SectionDJambo said:

They refused to play the tie at Murrayfield because it would give us an unfair advantage.

Then, most of their fans and team didn't show up at Hampden either.

They try to deny it but you could clearly see a big gap in their support that day . There was half a giant saltire stand pattern for starters 

leginten
54 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

Some day.  

After that it seemed to spark a glut of cup games where we got drawn v Hibs.

To think we’d only played Hibs in two cup games before that, and up until then,  in nearly 20 years.  

Since then I think we’ve played them on average slightly more than once every two years in the Cup, and there have also been two (best forgotten) replays. Between 1970 and 2006 I think we were drawn against them three times.

Geoff Kilpatrick

18 years ago. Wow.

My youngest was 2. He's almost 20 now. Sigh.

It was over an hour before kick off where we owned Hampden. I actually think that is the best atmosphere we as fans have ever generated in my lifetime.

John Findlay

We one that game before a ball was kicked.

It was won with the welcome we gave the team bus that day.

Pasquale for King
25 minutes ago, leginten said:

Since then I think we’ve played them on average slightly more than once every two years in the Cup, and there have also been two (best forgotten) replays. Between 1970 and 2006 I think we were drawn against them three times.

I could be wrong but I still think we haven’t beaten them in the cup at Tynecastle since the 70s?

Pasquale for King

A memorable day on and off the pitch for my family. 

Silvery_Moon
9 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

I could be wrong but I still think we haven’t beaten them in the cup at Tynecastle since the 70s?

3 minutes ago, Silvery_Moon said:

Superstars like Connor Randall and Don Cowie showing John McGinn and the wee team who is boss 

Mikey1874

Amazing time passing.

Some of the memories like they just happened at the weekend.

Mikey1874
18 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Again interesting how some events stay in the memory and others are forgotten.

meister

There's a group of us mates that have been attending derbies for years, 5 Jambos and 5 Hibbees. Tradition was whenever we weren't going to the derby we went to the pub (Queens Arms) and whenever Hearts scored, the hibbees bought the shots and vice versa.

We were all at Hampden that day and had arranged to meet up after the game at a bar in town, our Hibs supporting mates all showed up, bought a round for us and left us to celebrate. There was barely a word uttered between us, only handshakes and a grudging 'fair play'

That was one of the best days at Hampden I've ever had, seeing the respective crowds before the game meant any nerves I had before hand disappeared. That game was won before kick off !!

leginten
35 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

As above, the Don Cowie game.

Don’t think we beat them at home in the Cup in the 1970s. The only game I remember was a rainy Saturday tie when Kevin Hegarty equalised for us and Arthur Duncan scored the winner for them at the School End.

Pasquale for King
34 minutes ago, Silvery_Moon said:

The McGinn own goal, how could i forget 😆

Edited by Pasquale for King

Pasquale for King
25 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Again interesting how some events stay in the memory and others are forgotten.

Absolutely 

Pasquale for King
6 minutes ago, leginten said:

As above, the Don Cowie game.

Don’t think we beat them at home in the Cup in the 1970s. The only game I remember was a rainy Saturday tie when Kevin Hegarty equalised for us and Arthur Duncan scored the winner for them at the School End.

I don’t think we have played them that many times in the cup at home. 
Another weird fact is we have never beat them on a Thursday 😱🤪🤦🏽.

busbyfth
2 hours ago, rubyruby said:

I feel so old now.

Aye that song would have had 25k Hearts fans arrested from today. Unless of course the SNPs policy doesnt include football matches ? we will maybe find out this Sunday when exRangers play Celtic (no chance)

Jim_Duncan

Not so PC now, but the 7NA/All the Hi-bees are gay song was absolutely magic. Put their gas at a peep, gave our end a great laugh and set the tone of utter domination.

Jim_Duncan
4 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

The McGinn own goal, how could i forget 😆

"Spun back in to the horror of John McGinn"

Commentator really letting rip.

leginten
2 hours ago, rubyruby said:

I feel so old now.

When Janny’s goal went in, you knew we were winning the Cup. We may have staggered over the line eventually, but that was the moment.

Mid Calder Jambo
1 hour ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

18 years ago. Wow.

My youngest was 2. He's almost 20 now. Sigh.

It was over an hour before kick off where we owned Hampden. I actually think that is the best atmosphere we as fans have ever generated in my lifetime.

Once we invented "The Hibees are gay" it was game over at that point for the Lochend Lost.

Mid Calder Jambo
41 minutes ago, Jim_Duncan said:

Not so PC now, but the 7NA/All the Hi-bees are gay song was absolutely magic. Put their gas at a peep, gave our end a great laugh and set the tone of utter domination.

👍👍

Pasquale for King
43 minutes ago, busbyfth said:

Aye that song would have had 25k Hearts fans arrested from today. Unless of course the SNPs policy doesnt include football matches ? we will maybe find out this Sunday when exRangers play Celtic (no chance)

It wasn’t just the SNP, it had cross party support from everyone. 

Pasquale for King
43 minutes ago, Jim_Duncan said:

"Spun back in to the horror of John McGinn"

Commentator really letting rip.

Was a finish Messi would be proud of 😆.

45 minutes ago, Jim_Duncan said:

It was but alongside many other songs we used to sing it needs to be left in the past. 

Ironically Zibi saved it from being a cricket score. Hibs were classless that day and deserved the pumping they got.

John Findlay
26 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Was a finish Messi would be proud of 😆.

It was but alongside many other songs we used to sing it needs to be left in the past. 

Thousands of us would be looking at a possible Seven year stretch nowadays😉

DG_HMFC

18 years ago 😪

Where has the time went?

Pasquale for King
46 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

Thousands of us would be looking at a possible Seven year stretch nowadays😉

Indeed. I just called someone a Hibs *****, I might be in a cell with JK Rowling, will tell her that I identify as a woman 😱🤪?!?!

Thought Police

That was a semi-decent Hibs team too - looking back - with some of the players they had. And yet we put 4 past them three times that season.

avhudtheteeshirt

Loved the commentator's comment after the 3rd goal, "I doesn't get any better than beating your neighbours in a cup semi-final"!

Fast forward a few years, we do the same in a final!!!!

AllyjamboDerbyshire
5 hours ago, rubyruby said:

I feel so old now.

Remember how we all thought that Derby matches, indeed, any football match, couldn't possibly get better than this one...

All the empty seats in their end.  :biggrin:

Robbos that night.  :wow: 

Taxis getting attacked by Vermin at Harrison Park.  :vrface:

Drinking whisky in the Sample Room.  :cheers:

I hate whisky too.  

The next day hangover.  :boak:

7 hours ago, rubyruby said:

I feel so old now.

I was in the same nervous boat up until the Janny goal.

jamboozy
25 minutes ago, Morgan said:

I hate whisky too.  

Sounds like a perfect day Morgan! :laugh:

132goals1958
7 hours ago, luckyBatistuta said:

I was raging that it was an early kick off on a Sunday, thought it would take something off the spectacle. How wrong was I, the atmosphere amongst our fans around Glasgow and before kick off was electric. You could see it in every one just how confident we were. Then you saw the hibs end🤣🤣🤣 I just couldn’t see us losing, we were way too strong all over the park for them. A special special day, glad I got to spend it with my mum and dad. Cheers for posting that @rubyruby could sit and watch that all day.

A few of us stayed in Jurys overnight with the prospect of a pre match refreshment on the Sunday morning. Turned out they closed the bar so was at Hampden long before kick off. What an atmosphere there was.

busbyfth
5 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

It wasn’t just the SNP, it had cross party support from everyone. 

agreed but SNP has claimed it as theirs

PaddysBar
41 minutes ago, Morgan said:

I hate whisky too.  

I had a mate’s wedding on the Friday, my gran’s birthday party on the Saturday, Sunday started with pints in the ship inn Musselburgh around 8am before going to hampden, pubs in Gorgie at night and to top it off I had my cousin over from NZ on the Monday. 

I was burst on the Tuesday😂

Incidentally, the Sunday was the first day of the smoking ban in Scotland. 

1971fozzy

What an incredibly satisfying day that was. ooooooft.

won a fair bit on that game as well

Edited by 1971fozzy