Fenerbahce To Leave Turkish Football?

JJ93

Withdrawing from the league not the country. Probably lobbying behind the scenes with other clubs to start a new organisation. 

jambovambo

Nice if it proved a model for the Ugly Sisters leaving Scotland.

Gundermann
6 minutes ago, jambovambo said:

Yes please. Would be nice to see the Cheeks add their own brand of faux-ethnicity/ religious mania to the soup over there in east Europe/ Middle-East. What could go wrong?

FIFA don't allow cross border leagues do they?

Kinda seems like a stunt tbh. Maybe if they vote for it, they'd push for the removal of the TFA president? Remove the figure head, try and push for more robust governance?

30 minutes ago, Tazio said:

Withdrawing from the league not the country. Probably lobbying behind the scenes with other clubs to start a new organisation. 

That is what I think too

davemclaren

Sees like a gesture. There's nowhere where else they can play. 

Lone Striker

Sounds as if they're considering jumping overboard as a protest against likely  punitive sanctions on them from the Turkish FA.

Imagine if  Mrs Budge had asked FoH members to vote on leaving the SPFL after the vote to demote us in 2020...... :berra:

gorgierulesapply88
1 hour ago, Sooks said:

Maybe more clubs will follow . Does not sound like their association has any control whatsoever . **** playing in an environment like that 

I mean the man who runs their country just lost local elections in the place he grew up and has a team he owns too!

John Findlay

I don't think they will vote to leave.

Would make geographical sense to join the Greek league(yes my tongue is firmly in my cheek).

Sleepy head

Playing chicken with the authorities imo.

Jim_Duncan
9 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

I don't think they will vote to leave.

Would make geographical sense to join the Greek league(yes my tongue is firmly in my cheek).

I’d be more worried about what’s between yer cheeks in the Greek league. 

Pilmuir
1 hour ago, jambovambo said:

Maybe we could do a swap?

Gordons left glove
23 minutes ago, jambosean75 said:

April fools day story surely

Was reported last week

boag1874

Ridiculous that their players are potentially being sanctioned for fighting back when they were targeted by fans after winning a game tbh - if a fan decides to enter the pitch, tries to attack players & gets smacked then it’s on them, not the players who were sticking up for themselves 

1 hour ago, gorgierulesapply88 said:

I mean the man who runs their country just lost local elections in the place he grew up and has a team he owns too!

Aye his biggest loss yet . Not a great country to be plunged in to anarchy either , their geographical , historical and political position makes them a place you want to be remaining reasonably calm . A lot of old grudges with nations to their east and west , and a pretty sizeable army as well 

kingantti1874
2 hours ago, jambovambo said:

hopefully we could go a well.

2 hours ago, Lone Striker said:

Sounds as if they're considering jumping overboard as a protest against likely  punitive sanctions on them from the Turkish FA.

Imagine if  Mrs Budge had asked FoH members to vote on leaving the SPFL after the vote to demote us in 2020...... :berra:

Where would we be now? England? What division? 

Doctor FinnBarr
48 minutes ago, gorgierulesapply88 said:

The one Hearts played I believe?

Money ploughed in by the president til he did a Vlad and lost interest.

Ricardo Quaresma
7 hours ago, XB52 said:

No Istanbul Başakşehir

Ah, yes, I know he owned istanbul, I was relatively sure he dumped them and moved on to that team, built a very nice stadium at a massively low, some might think suspiciously low price

Patrick Kluivert  was manager last season too

Never looked into the whole thing, as it's not that interesting personally

Just over €20M, really? 👇 🤔 33,543 Capacity? 7 Years to build?

image.jpeg.9468a9e3b411b0cb69cc9ebc8d38c0f9.jpeg

image.jpeg.5ad3955e2015aca6594993d93f89aa78.jpeg

I P Knightley
22 hours ago, Sleepy head said:

Playing chicken with the authorities imo.

In Turkey? That's fowl. 

Bazzas right boot

Can we do a swap?

Bazzas right boot
22 hours ago, Sooks said:

Aye his biggest loss yet . Not a great country to be plunged in to anarchy either , their geographical , historical and political position makes them a place you want to be remaining reasonably calm . A lot of old grudges with nations to their east and west , and a pretty sizeable army as well 

And a great holiday place. 

Ww3 is really gathering pace.

No idea how we get of this road atm.

Polonia Gorgie
On 01/04/2024 at 16:35, OTT said:

Kinda seems like a stunt tbh. Maybe if they vote for it, they'd push for the removal of the TFA president? Remove the figure head, try and push for more robust governance?

Derry City from Northern Ireland play in the republic of Ireland, I watched a documentary a year or so back, both football authorities had to agree to it.

I'd like to see every club in the SPL leave the SFA except the old firm, then they can have their two horse race

Jim_Duncan
5 hours ago, Polonia Gorgie said:

Derry City from Northern Ireland play in the republic of Ireland, I watched a documentary a year or so back, both football authorities had to agree to it.

I'd like to see every club in the SPL leave the SFA except the old firm, then they can have their two horse race

I genuinely want Hearts to leave the Scottish football shitshow and join the English leagues.

A few years working our way up to Championship/lower Premiership level and then the money would kick in. And no longer playing the likes of St Mirren and the OF four times a season, plus cup games. 

Polonia Gorgie
13 minutes ago, Jim_Duncan said:

I genuinely want Hearts to leave the Scottish football shitshow and join the English leagues.

A few years working our way up to Championship/lower Premiership level and then the money would kick in. And no longer playing the likes of St Mirren and the OF four times a season, plus cup games. 

I can't see it ever happening but if it did, we'd have to start way down the pyramid system. It could take a decade or two to get to the championship. There are some massive clubs in the lower leagues of English football.

Jim_Duncan
1 minute ago, Polonia Gorgie said:

I can't see it ever happening but if it did, we'd have to start way down the pyramid system. It could take a decade or two to get to the championship. There are some massive clubs in the lower leagues of English football.

Fine by me. Scottish football is just a borderline rabid dog with clumpy, shite-strewn fur chasing its own scraggy tail.

Daveandal
38 minutes ago, Jim_Duncan said:

Emmmmm No.

European games are special... imagine giving up them to play Barnsley???

Jim_Duncan
9 minutes ago, Daveandal said:

Emmmmm No.

European games are special... imagine giving up them to play Barnsley???

I love European games. 

I hate the OF enough to sacrifice them (for a wee while ;) ). 

On 01/04/2024 at 16:35, OTT said:

Teams can play in overseas leagues though. By invite or otherwise. 

Can't think of a European example that isn't due to location. (Swiss team in Italy etc)

But in Asia there's already been a few incidents of teams from elsewhere playing in a completely different league. 

I.e Brunei team in Singapore league. And a few Japanese teams in other leagues. 

23 hours ago, Polonia Gorgie said:

You have that the wrong way round. 

The clubs would leave the SPFL and start their own league(s) Whilst still remaining members of the SFA. 

Polonia Gorgie
2 minutes ago, SUTOL said:

You have that the wrong way round. 

The clubs would leave the SPFL and start their own league(s) Whilst still remaining members of the SFA. 

Aye that then....

AndrewB
11 hours ago, Alan_R said:

Teams can play in overseas leagues though. By invite or otherwise. 

Can't think of a European example that isn't due to location. (Swiss team in Italy etc)

But in Asia there's already been a few incidents of teams from elsewhere playing in a completely different league. 

I.e Brunei team in Singapore league. And a few Japanese teams in other leagues. 

Latvia are keen on a Baltic league, including our mates RFS.  I think Estonia are up for it but the Lithuanians not so sure.  Early days, but I don’t think UEFA have said no yet.

Bazzas right boot
19 hours ago, Jim_Duncan said:

I love European games. 

I hate the OF enough to sacrifice them (for a wee while ;) ). 

If we moved to England we'd never win a trophy or play in Europe again.

AndrewB
2 minutes ago, AndrewB said:

Latvia are keen on a Baltic league, including our mates RFS.  I think Estonia are up for it but the Lithuanians not so sure.  Early days, but I don’t think UEFA have said no yet.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2024/feb/17/baltic-league-could-be-pioneer-for-cross-border-football-in-europe

This is the article about it.

Blackford Hearts
On 01/04/2024 at 17:35, jambosean75 said:

April fools day story surely

image.thumb.png.5ffb769dfe8de1e8c9523502a4633f23.png
Good spot there.
Seems to have got a few on here! 

Blackford Hearts
2 hours ago, milky_26 said:

nope not an april fool, this article was posted yesterday (2nd) stating they had voted against withdrawing

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/68718741

Ok. Maybe I am wrong but article posted was dated 1.4.24 with update on 2.4.24 stating they had voted against. I’ll stick with my view that it’s an April fool. No big deal either way