That was as tough a game as I expected.

John Findlay

John Findlay

A draw to me was a fair result overall.

Decent team this season Kilmarnock.

grumpyespana

Glad the two teams below us failed to gain ground on us in the end we were lucky to get a draw but we move on to another big game next week guys.

jbee647

Have to agree, on the day two evenly matched teams, can’t complain we have won twice at Rugby Park this season.

Unfortunately too many fans think if we don’t hammer everyone outside the OF 4-0 we have played badly

jock _turd

I would not have grudged them the win to be honest. They put us under real pressure throughout the game. I thought they would get a winner so happy with the point.

Fozzyonthefence
1 minute ago, jbee647 said:

Have to agree, on the day two evenly matched teams, can’t complain we have won twice at Rugby Park this season.

Unfortunately too many fans think if we don’t hammer everyone outside the OF 4-0 we have played badly

Given that our biggest win this season is 2-0 I very much doubt that is true. 

jock _turd
3 minutes ago, heartsfc_fan said:

They are a decent side

They have a manager who knows how to get something from less than great players.

jbee647
5 minutes ago, heartsfc_fan said:

They are a decent side

Decent and Organised but you wouldnt like to watch it every week 

Someone said he is this generations Alex Miller, I think that’s a fair comparison 

jock _turd
5 minutes ago, jbee647 said:

Decent and Organised but you wouldnt like to watch it every week 

Someone said he is this generations Alex Miller, I think that’s a fair comparison 

Do you honestly think we play a brand of football that is that much better? I don't some of our stuff this season has been uninspiring but we have got results away from home to keep the fans onside. Our home football is, in my opinion, turgid.

17 minutes ago, jbee647 said:

We did play badly.

Really enjoyed the game. 2 teams going for it and a draw was a fair result.

Fair result. We were well worth our draw though. 

Want to win your home games but hindsight says that's a half decent result today.

innerjambo

Sometimes it makes you wonder, what McInnes could do with us. He's worked wonders with that Killie side.

Dsjambo

Killie are a decent team and deserved at least a draw today but we didn’t help ourselves with the team selection. I never think we are comfortable with Kingsley and Cochran both in the team. Trying to fit in two left backs isn’t easy as you often see when Scotland have Tierney and Robertson in together. Kingsley does a job at CB but is better at LB defensively and is a threat going forward as well. For me Kingsley plays LB with Cochran challenging to get in, this is no criticism of Cochran as I like him as a player but it very often doesn’t work very well with both in the same team. That’s my opinion anyway, others may differ.

Finlay James
5 minutes ago, innerjambo said:

Sometimes it makes you wonder, what McInnes could do with us. He's worked wonders with that Killie side.

Put the pint down, you’ve had enough 

DG_HMFC
30 minutes ago, heartsfc_fan said:

They are a decent side

An McInnes is a good manager.

innerjambo
3 minutes ago, Finlay James said:

Put the pint down, you’ve had enough 

Don't think so, he's a good manager, with a very limited budget.

Jambo in Bathgate
8 minutes ago, innerjambo said:

Eh no thanks! 

DG_HMFC
Just now, innerjambo said:

The snobbery from some fans is frightening.

McInnes would be a very good Hearts manager.

GBJambo
4 minutes ago, DG_HMFC said:

The snobbery from some fans is frightening.

McInnes would be a very good Hearts manager.

There is absolutely no guarantees he would be . 

Jambof3tornado

More important not to lose the game. Nobody gaining ground a bonus. Lots of below par performers in white today. Struggled to stop vassell winning easy balls all game. Tait very forward thinking with the pass for our goal but also caught on the ball once or twice.

Dexter...wow. terrible. Can we not just find a decent right back????

Tommy Brown

4 clear cut headers from Wright and Findlay, all just off target.

A fantastic stop by Clark from a Vassell header. Maybe another couple headers by Eatkins.

Killie are a very decent side with a huge aerial threat.

Dusk_Till_Dawn

always first with the excuses and deflection JF, fair play 👏

RudiSkacelsLeftPeg
12 minutes ago, GBJambo said:

There are never any guarantees in life apart from paying taxes and death. And Hearts owning Edinburgh. 

AC Mallin_51

Killie are a decent side, they’ve turned over both sides of the old firm, Celtic twice and took a draw at parkhead. The 2 results are Rugby Park now look very good. We surely must be one of the few teams they haven’t beat this season? 

billybalfour
2 minutes ago, Tommy Brown said:

A fantastic stop by Clark from a Vassell header. Maybe another couple headers by Eatkins.

It has a lot to do with the quality of the crosses.Cochrane taking ours is a weakness.

1971fozzy

Their defence won’t play as well again. Decent side and I’m grateful for a point. Nothing lost and a game less. Disappointed but they are a very good SPL side

Jambof3tornado
2 minutes ago, billybalfour said:

It has a lot to do with the quality of the crosses.Cochrane taking ours is a weakness.

Armstrong a niggly wee sh1te but the ball he swung in 1st half was something we've not managed all season!!

DG_HMFC
19 minutes ago, GBJambo said:

There's never guarantees, however, he was good at Aberdeen, and is doing well at Killie, so I don't think it's stretch to think he'd do well here.

DesertDawg
1 hour ago, John Findlay said:

That's how I saw it too, John.

I thought the players who travelled a lot in the last two weeks, like Lembikisa and Vargas, tired early so leaving the subs so late seemed strange.

Japan Jambo
36 minutes ago, innerjambo said:

Yup he’s the best Scottish manager in the league but there isn’t enough love for him within our support to make that even remotely an option. Let’s focus on what we have - SN is learning and improving.

Disappointed that we couldn't keep out first half dominance going in the second half, but happy to take a draw at the end of the day, as Killie looked more likely to snatch a winner. Given neither Killie or St M picked up any points on us a draw isn't a disaster. 

pettigrewsstylist
1 hour ago, John Findlay said:

Aye Mcinnes knows what he is doing tbh. Kennedy and Armstrong could have seen us beat today without too many complaints.

Im seeing it as 2 points denied to them, which is probably just as important as our point gained. 

pettigrewsstylist
1 hour ago, jock _turd said:

Do you honestly think we play a brand of football that is that much better? I don't some of our stuff this season has been uninspiring but we have got results away from home to keep the fans onside. Our home football is, in my opinion, turgid.

Hoping for an injection of pace, desire and hunger in next seasons midfield. 

pettigrewsstylist
1 hour ago, Dsjambo said:

Killie are a decent team and deserved at least a draw today but we didn’t help ourselves with the team selection. I never think we are comfortable with Kingsley and Cochran both in the team. Trying to fit in two left backs isn’t easy as you often see when Scotland have Tierney and Robertson in together. Kingsley does a job at CB but is better at LB defensively and is a threat going forward as well. For me Kingsley plays LB with Cochran challenging to get in, this is no criticism of Cochran as I like him as a player but it very often doesn’t work very well with both in the same team. That’s my opinion anyway, others may

Rowles and Kingsley performances at Dingwall probably factored in todays selection.🤷‍♂️

jock _turd
39 minutes ago, billybalfour said:

I have come to the conclusion that Cochranes cheque book is pre crossed 😂 sorry an oldy and not relevant these days.

As good as Killie have been this season, they have failed to beat us in the 4 games against us, and remarkably, we've beaten them twice at Rugby Park.

AC Mallin_51

3 months ago we’d have found a way to win that game, 6 months ago we’d have found a way to lose it. Disappointing the momentum has stopped for us a bit but i think it’ll pick back up again soon

Dia Liom
1 hour ago, GBJambo said:

Big physical team are Kilmarnock. We need a bit of that physicality. 

If Boyce had been fit this season we would have had a bit more physicality, another option to hold the ball up in attacking areas. I recall him doing well when he played against killie earlier this season.

Australis

Killie were well organised and balanced.

A good hard working team who won the majority of the 50 - 50s and had a good attitude.

been here before

Typical McInnes side, decent and effective but you wouldnt want to watch it too often.

I hate the league structure. It encourages teams to play hyper defensive - he's playing with 4 CBs FFS

We need a bigger league. Put more emphasis on fixtures instead of these slugging matches. 

Finlay James
12 hours ago, innerjambo said:

He is a good manager and he’ll do a decent job wherever he goes but he’s one dimensional and I’m glad he’s not at Hearts.

vegas-voss

They know what they are doing balls out to Kennedy or Armstrong and both deliver brilliant balls into the box.They also shoot from anywhere knowing a deflection leads to corners and the delivery will be very good creating more panic and chances.I do think this Killie side are more decent to watch than latter McInnes Aberdeen sides though.

colinmaroon
12 hours ago, Tommy Brown said:

And results against the Uglies.  Seems to get players playing for him.  Mixes up long ball and playingl from the back.  However, still on the break style, so suffers v lower teams.

Who does that sound like?

boag1874
53 minutes ago, Hansel said:

Fair play to Killie for this 👏 😆 

That’s funny :lol:

Bob Loblaw

I don't think we played that badly. See a lot of negative comments but Killie are a good, well organised team, they aren't just going to let you play through them. It was a hard fought game and a draw was the right result. And it's a far better result for us than them.